Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- IBM launches secure blockchain services/governance and developer tools
Mar 24th, 2017 - IBM launches enterprise-ready blockchain services for Hyperledger Fabric v 1.0 on IBM Cloud.
- Preqin: Hedge fund managers become more flexible on fees
Mar 24th, 2017 - Managers view investor demands over fees as a key driver of change in 2017; three- quarters report to Preqin they are prepared to lower their rates.
- SIX and IBM Watson plan cyber security center
Mar 24th, 2017 - SIX leverages IBM Watson for cognitive Security Operations Center.
- Lupo deploys Rival Risk platform
Mar 24th, 2017 - Lupo Holdings deploys rival Rival Risk for improvement in risk management capabilities.
- Eton Park hedge fund to close
Mar 24th, 2017 - "Disappointing results" prompt closure of Eric Mindich's thirteen-year-old hedge fund.
- Automated Trader Update: Multi-broker spoofing and derivatives clearing regulation under the microscope
Mar 24th, 2017 - Two more free Articles in new edition of Automated Trader, Bats measures Brexit, Deutsche Bank opens NY innovation lab, DTCC's LEI accredited, Blockchain developments from SIX, Chamber of Digital Commerce, Bloq, Orebits & Symbiont, and IBM and SecureKey. M&A's from Quantlab, Factset, Thomson Reuters, Virtu, Sterling Trading Tech, and Warburg Pincus. Appointments news from BTIG, MarketInvoice, and SmartStream.
- Quantopian hires Leslie Baccini as Director of Investor Relations
Mar 24th, 2017 - Algorithmic trading platform and educational community expands financial team.
- Deutsche Boerse launches Xetra data feed
Mar 23rd, 2017 - New market data feed to provide insight into entire Xetra order book. From June 2017, Deutsche Börse will offer the new market data feed CEF ultra+ Xetra Order by Order.
- Burton-Taylor nabs TABB's Andy Nybo as Director of Exchange Vertical
Mar 23rd, 2017 - Burton-Taylor International Consulting, a division of TP ICAP's data & analytics group, has appointed Andy Nybo as Director of its Exchange Vertical research practice.
- Synechron launches Artificial Intelligence solution
Mar 23rd, 2017 - 14 accelerator applications use AI techniques to address challenges such as fraud, margin call management and LCR calculations
- Innovate Finance announces Pitch360 finalists
Mar 23rd, 2017 - Innovate Finance unveils finalists for Pitch360 FinTech startup competition.
- SEC adopts T+2 settlement cycle for securities transactions
Mar 22nd, 2017 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has adopted an amendment to shorten by one business day the standard settlement cycle for most broker-dealer securities transactions.
- Quantlab buys Teza high speed trading tech
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Quantlab Financial announces acquisition of certain technology and intellectual property assets from Teza Group.
- Ullink launches MiFID II trade reporting solution
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Multi-asset solution to help firms comply with post-trade transparency rules set to come into force in 2018.
- Deutsche Bank opens innovation lab in New York
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Deutsche Bank has opened an innovation lab in New York City, its fourth globally.
- Baymarkets launches Clarity platform for RegTech solution delivery
Mar 22nd, 2017 - First two solutions available - Clarity Limit: pre-trade limits & risk checking, and Clarity Hub: multiple CCP interface.
- SET to launch T+2 in March 2018
Mar 22nd, 2017 - The Stock Exchange of Thailand announces target implementation date for the two-day settlement cycle to be March 2, 2018.
- Avaloq partners with Warburg Pincus, creates European Advisory Board
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Warburg Pincus to acquire a 35% shareholding in Avaloq. Transaction values Avaloq in excess of CHF 1 billion.
- AxiomSL and Integration Alpha offer cloud-compliant regulatory reporting solution
Mar 22nd, 2017 - AxiomSL and Integration Alpha strategic partnership offers end-to-end Managed Services for risk and regulatory reporting.
- Thomson Reuters and SAP address compliance and third-party risk challenges
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Integration of World-Check Data with SAP Business Partner Screening offers organizations improved vigilance.
- Bats launches two new indices to measure impact of Brexit on UK companies
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Bats Partners with FactSet to provide Brexit 50/50 Indices ahead of triggering of Article 50.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
Mar 21st, 2017
- Dennis King joins BTIG as MD in Debt Capital Markets.
Mar 21st, 2017 - BTIG adds Debt Capital Markets Expertise with appointment of Dennis King as Managing Director.
- ThinkMarkets launches Greek-language services
Mar 21st, 2017 - Forex and CFD trading provider to support the needs of Greek-speaking traders with online services.
- SmartStream appoints Richard Bowler as CFO
Mar 21st, 2017 - Richard Bowler joins SmartStream as Chief Financial Officer.
- Orebits & Symbiont deploy blockchain to digitize gold ownership
Mar 21st, 2017 - Smart certificates called 'orebits' provide owners of unrefined, proven gold reserves with access to liquidity for a previously illiquid asset.
- Plato Partnership completes deal with Trade Informatics PLIA platform
Mar 21st, 2017 - Plato Partnership signs collaboration agreement with Trade Informatics PLIA. The PLIA platform in Europe will be renamed PLIAPlato as part of the deal.
- TradingScreen signs commercial deal with Tethys Technology
Mar 21st, 2017 - TethysAlgo suite provides TradingScreen customers broker-neutral algos for equities, futures options and FX.
- DTCC's LEI service receives GLEIF accreditation
Mar 20th, 2017 - DTCC'S Legal Entity Identifier service, GMEI Utility, awarded GLEIF accreditation.
- RavenPack launches new platform, secures 5 million USD from Draper Esprit
Mar 21st, 2017 - RavenPack's new platform opens up big data analytics to fundamental and discretionary investors,secures $5 million backing from Draper Esprit, a venture firm involved in creating high-growth technology businesses.