Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Instinet to purchase BlockCross ATS from State Street
Jun 22nd, 2017 - Deal to close in 30-60 days. Existing BlockCross team will continue to operate the ATS.
- TORA and UnaVista partner for MiFID II transaction reporting
Jun 22nd, 2017 - TORA partners with London Stock Exchange Group's UnaVista for MiFID II transaction reporting.
- Sberbank teams up with Numerix to deliver IT system solution
Jun 22nd, 2017 - Sberbank has integrated Numerix's risk and analytics to complete bank-wide automation of financial market risk management system.
- Former Traiana founder Roy Saadon launches Access Fintech
Jun 22nd, 2017 - Former Traiana founder Roy Saadon has launched Access Fintech, a risk management service for banks and buyside firms.
- Sapient Global Markets and Smart Communications partner
Jun 22nd, 2017 - Smart Communications' solution integrated in to Client Connect to help institutions attract, engage, retain and service clients.
- Eze Software launches MiFID II commission management platform
Jun 22nd, 2017 - Cloud solution aims to cover full MiFID II workflow.
- Ex-Barclays John Varley steps down from BlackRock board
Jun 21st, 2017 - Former Barclays director, currently facing charges by the UK's Serious Fraud Office, resigns from BlackRock board of directors.
- Nasdaq's BWise and KPMG to provide GRC solutions
Jun 21st, 2017 - Nasdaq's BWise and KPMG partner to provide comprehensive Governance, Risk Management and Compliance solutions.
- Vela to acquire OptionsCity
Jun 21st, 2017 - Combined company will deliver an expanded set of front office products and services, including market access, risk management & analytics.
- Rabobank selects Finastra payment services hub for cross-border payments
Jun 21st, 2017 - Rabobank has selected Finastra's global payment services hub to centralize cross-border payments.
- SWIFT offers 200,000 EUR for FinTech community to leverage gpi platform
Jun 21st, 2017 - SWIFT invites FinTech companies to develop new overlay services that leverage its SWIFT global payments innovation (gpi) platform.
- GTT acquires Perseus
Jun 20th, 2017 - Acquisition expands Tier 1 IP network in Latin America, Asia-Pacific, India and Africa, expands client base in financial markets, adds strategic low-latency routes.
- SFO charges Barclays in 2008 Qatar capital raising case
Jun 20th, 2017 - Serious Fraud Office charges four senior Barclays executives with conspiracy to commit fraud during the 2008 financial crisis.
- Axioma and Omega Point enable 'Quantamental' Fundamental Investing
Jun 20th, 2017 - Turnkey access to Axioma's suite of factor models enables managers to enhance portfolio performance with factor analysis tools.
- Clearstream and Euroclear Bank offer improved settlement activity on the Bridge
Jun 20th, 2017 - Bridge: enables improved settlement and matching between Clearstream and Euroclear
- UnaVista's RegTech Partner Programme welcomes 20th member
Jun 20th, 2017 - 20 firms have joined London Stock Exchange Group's UnaVista Partner Programme in the first half of 2017.
- Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking completes execution services integration
Jun 20th, 2017
- BlackRock takes minority equity stake in robo-adviser Scalable Capital
Jun 20th, 2017 - BlackRock to take a minority equity stake in digital investment manager Scalable Capital.
- Sucden adds smartTrade's LiquidityFX solution
Jun 20th, 2017 - Sucden Financial goes live with LiquidityFX, smartTrade's fully hosted FX solution.
- Broadridge launches SFTR trade reporting solution
Jun 20th, 2017 - Broadridge trade reporting solution addresses ESMA's SFTR regulatory change.
- IHS Markit and Deloitte address MiFID II compliance for outreach and repapering
Jun 19th, 2017 - Strategic alliance to provide holistic managed service powered by Outreach360 technology.
- Startupbootcamp FinTech picks top 9 LatAm startups
Jun 19th, 2017 - 9 chosen projects will be part of the first generation of Startupbootcamp FinTech startups in Latin America.
- Abacus Group enhances client portal for alt asset managers
Jun 19th, 2017 - Upgrades include transparency into managed services provided by Abacus.
- Redline's support for new binary multicast feed enhances best execution in FX trading
Jun 19th, 2017 - New InRush feed handler rolled out for FX trading on Thomson Reuters FX Matching. platform.
- SIX Securities Services launches Advanced Settlement service
Jun 19th, 2017 - SIX Securities Services clients can now process their settlement instructions directly from the trading system.
- ayondo launches Bitcoin trading
Jun 19th, 2017 - ayondo adds digital currency to its Social Trading offering. Bitcoin trading is now available to all investors on TradeHub.
- Clearstream and Collex simplify buy-side access to tri-party collateral management
Jun 19th, 2017 - Clearstream and Collex collaborate to offer simplified buy-side access to tri-party collateral management.
- Pershing launches no-transaction-fee ETF platform
Jun 16th, 2017 - BNY Mellon's Pershing launches no-transaction-fee ETF platform; Introduces FundVest ETF.
- Cinnober names new Group CFO
Jun 16th, 2017 - Cinnober recruits Ninni Pramdell as Group CFO.
- Preqin: Hedge fund performance retains momentum in May
Jun 16th, 2017 - Almost all leading hedge fund strategies post positive returns as industry records seventh consecutive month of gains.