Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- truEx selects CameronTec for FIX monitoring & testing
Oct 22nd, 2014 - trueEX adopts CameronTec's FIX monitoring & testing solutions.
- Tradeweb adopts Thomson Reuters Accelus Org ID KYC managed service
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Tradeweb deploys Accelus Org ID to enhance its Know Your Customer processes.
- ConvergEx's Westminster Research Associates releases new Commission Management Platform
Oct 22nd, 2014 - ConvergEx Group's Westminster Research Associates releases new Commission Management Platform.
- TABB report says 70% of buy-side investors expect futures trading volumes to increase during next 12 months
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Buy-side firms say futurisation of swaps will gain additional traction in 2015, that rising volatility positively influences futures trading activities.
- Traiana launches Harmony CCP Connect for Equities and completes first trade
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Credit Suisse, J.P. Morgan and Instinet to use Traiana to clear OTC equity trades at LCH.Clearnet and EuroCCP.
- R3COGNITION launches market abuse system
Oct 22nd, 2014 - CME Rule 575 market abuse solution identifying disruptive activity launched ahead of FIA Expo.
- European Commission fines banks €32.3 million and €61.6 million for operating cartels
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Commission settles cartel on bid-ask spreads charged on Swiss Franc interest rate derivatives; fines four major banks €32.3 million. Settles RBS-JPMorgan cartel in derivatives based on Swiss franc LIBOR; imposes €61.6 million fine on JPMorgan.
- IRESS integrates Markit's TCA offering
Oct 22nd, 2014 - IRESS clients gain access to Markit's Transaction Cost Analysis tools.
- Eris Exchange to connect to CQG
Oct 21st, 2014 - CQG to offer new full service connectivity to Eris Exchange.
- BATS Chi-X Europe expands into Turkish stocks
Oct 21st, 2014 - BATS Chi-X Europe will now offer trading across 16 markets.
- AQX Securities connects to Squawker
Oct 21st, 2014 - Execution Services Provider AQX Securities connects to Squawker's cash equities negotiation platform.
- CISI warns against IT staff vetting loophole
Oct 21st, 2014 - Government must close massive loophole on vetting financial services IT staff if it is serious about combatting cybercrime, says CISI.
- SIFMA publishes 'Principles for Effective Cybersecurity Regulatory Guidance'
Oct 21st, 2014 - SIFMA publishes members' insight on productive ways to harmonize and create effective cybersecurity regulatory guidance.
- REGIS-TR reaches milestone with over 1 billion transaction reports
Oct 21st, 2014 - More than 200 million transaction reports processed in September 2014 .
- ISE announces KCG as new Primary Market Maker
Oct 21st, 2014 - KCG Americas becomes Primary Market Maker on ISE.
- FINRA's CRO asks whether algo trading is 'ungovernable'
Oct 21st, 2014 - Carlo di Florio, FINRA Chief Risk Officer and Head of Strategy, remarks at NSCP 2014 National Conference, Washington, October 20, 2014.
- Algorithmes de type Franḉais
Oct 21st, 2014 - Anne Plested, Fidessa's head of regulation change, considers the ramifications of a French definition of an algo.
- Independent Reserve launches Bitcoin Exchange
Oct 21st, 2014 - New Sydney based Bitcoin Exchange launched as interest rises in digital currency.
- Jefferies hires wealth management team
Oct 21st, 2014 - Adam Shafiroff, Laurence Shafiroff and Morgan McLanahan join Jefferies from Barclays.
- IBA publishes LIBOR paper
Oct 21st, 2014 - ICE Benchmark Administration publishes Position Paper on the evolution and enhancement of ICE LIBOR.
- OneVue taps into Calastone network
Oct 21st, 2014 - OneVue joins Calastone to streamline delivery of its unit registry service.
- Bank of England to review RTGS disruption
Oct 21st, 2014 - Bank of England statement - Independent review into RTGS payment system disruption
- Quantopian attracts $15M in Series B funding, plans quant hedge fund
Oct 20th, 2014 - Quantopian secures $15M in Series B funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners, announces Quantopian Managers Program, BVP partner Rob Stavis to join Quantopian board.
- Turquoise Block Discovery goes live with seven major brokers
Oct 20th, 2014 - Barclays, Instinet, ITG, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Neonet and Societe Generale support Turquoise Block Discovery launch.
- Blackwell Global deploys FlexTrade's MaxxTrader STP and white label FX trading system
Oct 20th, 2014 - FlexTrade to provide white label FX, precious metals trading and TCA to Blackwell Global.
- NICE Trading Recording solution receives Microsoft Lync qualification
Oct 20th, 2014 - NICE delivers dedicated compliance recording platform for both trading floor and back office environments with its support for Microsoft Lync.
- Why the bankers' bonus cap should be ignored - FedEE Chief attacks cap on bankers' pay
Oct 20th, 2014 - The European Banking Authority's (EBA) insistence that a bonus cap should be applied to bankers pay remains advisory and is, in any case, made on the basis of a decision that was beyond the EU's powers.
- SFC signs MoU with CSRC
Oct 20th, 2014 - Securities and Futures Commission and China Securities Regulatory Commission sign MoU to strengthen enforcement cooperation under Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect.
- ￼￼￼IIROC announces final academic team to study HFT impact
Oct 20th, 2014 - Experts to study HFT impact on market quality and integrity.
- Automated Trader Update: V for Volatility
Oct 17th, 2014 - Traders see conflicting signals, vengeful volatility arrives, more AT subscriber articles available, TBTF CCPs debate continues, reports from Greyspark, Dechert and TABB, SEC charges E*TRADE subsidiaries, ACI Americas launched, 18 banks join ISDA Resolution Stay Protocol, EU bonds migrate to T+2, Neonet joins Aquis, Thomson Reuters launches M&A dataset, OptionsCity aids access to BM&FBOVESPA. BCS, Euronext, Nasdaq, Gearslinger & Metamoko announce appointments.