Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Corvil - Rethinking Speed in Financial Markets, Part 3 - The Speed Rule
Aug 26th, 2016 - In today's markets, information about speed is becoming more valuable than speed itself. If we can't tell time in the machine-traded world, and can't see exactly what is happening, we will never have a market structure that everyone accepts to be transparent, fair and robust says Donal Byrne, CEO of Corvil.
- Innotribe & Innovate launch Global FinTech Hubs Federation
Aug 26th, 2016 - FinTech associations and network providers from more than 20 countries join Innotribe and Innovate Finance to form the Global FinTech Hubs Federation
- IPC & Post-Quantum integrate biometric, encryption, & blockchain tech
Aug 26th, 2016 - IPC and Post-Quantum collaborate to offer security solutions as part of IPC's Connexus Cloud community.
- BGC Partners to acquire Perimeter Markets
Aug 26th, 2016 - BGC Partners announces agreement to buy Perimeter Market, an operator of electronic trading platforms in Canada.
- FIA releases SEF Tracker for July 2016
Aug 26th, 2016 - Total trading volume on SEFs averaged $407.0 billion per day during the month of July, down 29.0% from the record high of the previous month but up 2.6% from July 2015. All asset classes showed significant decreases in volume from last month, especially rates which reached its lowest average in 2016.
- Oslo Bors: Harald Espedal resigns from board
Aug 25th, 2016 - Harald Espedal resigns as Deputy Chair of the Board of Oslo Børs due to violation charge on Sandnes Sparebank. Mr Espedal is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sandnes Sparebank.
- Equinix opens new data center in Sydney
Aug 25th, 2016 - Equinix says Sydney campus now the most interconnected in Australia.
- KGI extends use of Horizon Automated Trading platform
Aug 25th, 2016
- Bloomberg completes acquisition of Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions
Aug 24th, 2016 - Bloomberg has announced that it has completed its acquisition of Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions (BRAIS) from Barclays PLC.
- MAS establishes FinTech Innovation Lab
Aug 24th, 2016 - The Monetary Authority of Singapore has announced the opening of its FinTech Innovation Lab - Looking Glass @ MAS.
- BNY Mellon, Deutsche Bank, ICAP & Santander join blockchain utility initiative
Aug 24th, 2016 - BNY Mellon, Deutsche Bank, ICAP and Santander join UBS and Clearmatics to advance the Utility Settlement Coin concept, and plan tests in a real-market environment.
- Hugo Jenkins and John Barker join Ancoa Advisory Board
Aug 24th, 2016 - Ancoa appoints Hugo Jenkins and John Barker to its Advisory Board.
- Dion delivers market data app to Chi-X Australia
Aug 24th, 2016 - Dion Global Solutions delivers new real time prices app for Chi-X Australia.
- Exegy launches Exegy Journal Replay
Aug 24th, 2016 - Exegy announces market data capture and replay service.
- C5 Partners appoints Marcos Battisti to head cloud fund
Aug 24th, 2016 - Former Intel Capital MD Marcos Battisti joins C5 Partners to head new $150 million fund for investment in cloud-focused start-ups.
- TeleWare and Linx Networks announce strategic partnership
Aug 24th, 2016 - Linx Networks to offer TeleWare's mobile call recording solution in response to compliance challenges.
- Thomson Reuters launches first Asia apps on Eikon via App Studio
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Thomson Reuters has launched its first two Asia apps on Eikon via App Studio in partnership with FinTech startups Amareos and Oddup.
- Tullett Prebon appoints Rebecca Shelley as Group Corporate Affairs Director
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Rebecca Shelley joins Tullett Prebon ahead of anticipated ICAP acquisition.
- Blockchain Foundry launches blockchain-based e-commerce platform
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Blockchain Foundry's initial commercial product said to be first blockchain-based e-commerce platform.
- SGX and Baltic Exchange: update on proposed acquisition
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Terms agreed for a recommended offer by Singapore Exchange for the entire issued share capital of the Baltic Exchange. Completion set for November 2016, subject to approval.
- Bats provides testing for MiFID II order record keeping requirement
Aug 22nd, 2016 - MiFID II compliant record keeping process and algorithm testing enhancements now available for participant testing on Bats Europe.
- CFTC charges Deutsche Bank with swap reporting failures
Aug 22nd, 2016 - CFTC and Deutsche Bank file joint motion seeking the appointment of a Monitor to ensure Deutsche Bank's compliance with its reporting responsibilities.
- Ex-DTCC Elena Gaetini joins Risk Focus EMEA team
Aug 22nd, 2016
- Eight startups join FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific
Aug 22nd, 2016 - Accenture and twelve principle financial institutions firms to mentor financial technology entrepreneurs in 12-week program.
- MAS approves CBOE for VIX Futures
Aug 19th, 2016 - CBOE Futures Exchange Receives Registered Market Operator approval in Singapore.
- Automated Trader Update: Shenzhen-Hong Kong connects, ICE/Trayport concerns
Aug 19th, 2016 - Automated Trader Q3 coming soon. Blockchain: R3 addresses financing challenges, Cobalt DL- FX processing. Nasdaq introduces new order type to beat IEX, 6 year high for US Equity off-exchange trading market share, Elliptic and LexisNexis partner for Bitcoin risk, ayondo academy app launches, Bats to buy Javelin SEF, trueEx executes Brazilian swaps, Eze Castle expands cybersecurity service.
- BittWare delivers Arria 10 OpenCL BSPs for Altera OpenCL SDK 16.0.2 release
Aug 19th, 2016 - FPGA Board Support Packages simplify application development for Altera Arria 10 FPGAs.
- Nasdaq extends market surveillance contract with BM&FBOVESPA
Aug 19th, 2016 - Nasdaq has announced the extension of their contract regarding BM&FBOVESPA's use of the SMARTS Market Surveillance platform across Brazil's equities, commodities and futures markets.
- HKEX to roll out Volatility Vontrol Mechanism for its securities market
Aug 18th, 2016 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing will roll out its Volatility Control Mechanism - a measure designed to protect market integrity by preventing extreme price volatility arising from major trading errors and other unusual incidents - in its securities market on Monday, 22 August 2016.
- SWIFT launches security tools campaign
Aug 18th, 2016 - SWIFT campaign to increase awareness for existing security features in its interface products.