Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Hotspot introduces standards for liquidity providers
May 29th, 2015 - New standards for market makers to provide enhanced transparency to the global electronic FX market.
- FIA launches Innovators Pavilion
May 29th, 2015 - FIA Innovators Pavilion to showcase new technology in the futures, options and cleared swaps industry. Startups can apply now to be featured at 2015 Futures and Options Expo in Chicago in November.
- Automated Trader Update: Machine learning is the new black
May 29th, 2015 - Big data & machine learning, AT summer edition out soon, Preqin reports on on hedge fund capital distribution, TABB on swap trading, and GFT on European banks & digitalisation. Global FATCA clock ticks on, China Europe International Exchange announced, FTSE to include China A shares, Nano-Gateway launches, QuantConnect & Tradier partner, LMEselect proposes broader access, LCH.Clearnet to clear FX derivatives, FundBPO joins Calastone.
- Bitcoin hype to blockchain reality - Barclays
May 29th, 2015 - Still early, but stay tuned for disruption, say Barclays analysts in a research note.
- Bravura unveils SaaS transfer agency delivery model
May 28th, 2015 - Off-the-shelf package suitable for boutique and mid-sized fund managers.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'MiFID II data disaggregation - be careful what you wish for!'
May 28th, 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested: Under MiFID II pre- and post-trade data is required to be made available in an unbundled fashion - ultimately the regulator is aiming to drive down data costs. So where trading venues sell their pre- and post-trade data in the same 'package' they will be required to also make it available separately at a reasonable cost.
- S&P Capital IQ expands real-time market data with DataGenic
May 28th, 2015 - Agreement enables access to real-time data from exchanges with new analytics solutions.
- SWIFT's KYC Registry open to funds distributors and custodians
May 28th, 2015 - SWIFT's KYC Registry will address compliance challenges for funds distribution and custody services as a first step in broadening compliance services to its securities community.
- Thomson Reuters to raise industry standards for FX trading
May 28th, 2015 - New Provisory Liquidity to enable informed choices about the use of 'last look' liquidity through transparent measurable performance criteria.
- Data analytics uncovers new insights for investment banks - SWIFT
May 28th, 2015 - Pascal Roland, senior market manager for securities at SWIFT, looks at the challenges investment banks face and how they can gain new insights and uncover new opportunities for innovation.
- TORA releases real-time stock borrow solution
May 28th, 2015 - TORA's stock borrow management solution integrates with prime broker eLocate platforms.
- QuantConnect and Tradier collaborate to democratize quant trading
May 27th, 2015 - Tradier's API powers QuantConnect's open source algorithmic trading strategies platform for quant traders.
- Preqin: 92% of hedge fund industry capital concentrated among top 11% of fund managers
May 27th, 2015 - The 570 firms that make up the $1bn Club, hedge fund managers that have amassed at least $1bn in assets, now control $2.78tn in assets out of the total $3.16tn* for the industry
- ICAP Securities appoints SVP of Fixed Income Product Initiatives
May 27th, 2015 - ICAP Securities names Ted Bragg as SVP of Fixed Income Product Initiatives.
- Hong Kong hedge fund embraces SimCorp's front office
May 27th, 2015 - LIM Advisors to utilize SimCorp Dimension for a full front, middle and back office platform.
- GFT's survey of experts: customers drive digitalisation in financial services but transformation still needs time
May 27th, 2015 - What do banks think about digitalisation? What are their goals? What do they regard as the obstacles in their way? GFT posed these questions to banks in several nations.
- #GDTRM15: Machine learning is the new C++
May 27th, 2015 - Derivative quants are finding that finance is shifting from statistical modelling to big data analytics.
- RMB ranks #1 in Asia Pacific for payments with Greater China
May 27th, 2015 - SWIFT's RMB Tracker shows that the RMB is now the most active currency used by Asia for payments with China and Hong Kong.
- Ullink expands reach to India
May 27th, 2015 - Kotak Institutional Equities selects Ullink connectivity solution.
- Linedata warns: Global FATCA clock starts ticking for fund management industry
May 27th, 2015 - The first returns deadline under US FATCA is this Sunday 31st May, however Linedata, the software and technology provider, warns that FATCA's global equivalent, the OECD Common Reporting Standards, will pose even more burdensome regulatory hurdles.
- Shanghai Stock Exchange, China Financial Futures Exchange and Deutsche Borse to launch new company
May 27th, 2015 - Joint venture: 'China Europe International Exchange' to develop and market financial instruments based on Chinese underlyings to international investors outside mainland China.
- ESMA calls for modification of UCITS Directive
May 26th, 2015 - The European Securities and Markets Authority publishes an Opinion to the European Union institutions on the impact of EMIR on UCITS.
- LME broadens access to electronic trading
May 26th, 2015 - Proposal to extend LMEselect access to category 3 and 4 members, increase flexibility to application criteria for LME members, introduce pre-trade risk management system on LMEselect, and implement rulebook provisions relating to incentive schemes.
- LCH.Clearnet launches buy-side clearing of FX derivatives in Europe
May 26th, 2015 - European offering expands on ForexClear's US client clearing model. Four banks signed up as clearing brokers.
- FTSE starts transition to include China A Shares in global benchmarks
May 26th, 2015 - Two new transitional emerging markets indexes launched. Approximately 5% initial A Shares weighting in the FTSE Emerging inclusion indexes, rising to 32% when China A Shares become fully available to international investors.
- FundBPO live on Calastone's network
May 26th, 2015 - Australian independent fund administrator, FundBPO, joins Calastone's transaction network.
- FTSE to upgrade PEX to Frontier market status
May 26th, 2015 - FTSE group has informed the Palestine Exchange of its possible upgrade to frontier market status during the next classification review on September 2015.
- ICAP selects Abide Financial for regulatory reporting
May 26th, 2015 - Abide Financial selected as REMIT regulatory reporting partner for ICAP Energy.
- NanoSpeed launches new FPGA - Nano-Gateway
May 26th, 2015 - NanoSpeed claims fastest trading FPGA on the market.
- Automated Trader Update: Come together, right now, over derivatives
May 22nd, 2015 - AT reports from GDTRM Amsterdam. Banks plead guilty to FX misdemeanours, Banks partner for Visible Alpha. Smart beta research from FTSE Russell, post trade FIX use increasing, SWIFT forum polling results, GFT on BCBS239 behemoth, FIA addresses 'leap second', NYSE launches Bitcoin Index, ICAP debuts CNH Hub, ITG becomes Bondcube intermediary, Wall Sreet Horizon partners with Lucera, Thomson Reuters launches e-learning suite, BATS overhauls ETF tariffs, CRYEX selects Cinnober. Broadridge, Startupbootcamp Fintech, and LCH.Clearnet announce appointments.