Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Short Term Traders lead CTA returns in February
Mar 05th, 2015 - Year-to-date returns for all CTA indices remain in positive territory.
- Acuity Trading secures private equity funding
Mar 05th, 2015 - Acuity Trading raises SEIS financing to fuel growth and development of its sentiment-based products.
- RCM Alternatives and Attain Capital Management to join forces
Mar 05th, 2015 - Combination underscores investors' growing adoption of alternative investments and increasing demand for education around portfolio diversification.
- TABB: Is that unbundling's death knell you hear across European equity trading?
Mar 05th, 2015 - TABB research shows 67% of European buy-side traders expect research payments to decline with proposed MiFID II regulations. First in trilogy of reports into European equity trading.
- Strategic risk management: the next frontier for ERM - white paper
Mar 05th, 2015 - If the goal of enterprise risk management is to help identify, prioritise, and manage risk, ERM programs ought to focus first on strategic risks, followed by operational risks. The financial risks that dominate ERM today should come a distant third, writes James Lam, the first chief risk officer.
- Programming languages: not just the usual suspects - blog post
Mar 05th, 2015 - Jonathan Kinlay, head of quantitative trading at Systematic Strategies, a hedge fund that deploys HFT strategies using news-based algorithms, explains the latest research comparing newer, high level languages, and finds out which ones are starting to compare to C++.
- UK wins euro clearing battle
Mar 04th, 2015 - The UK has won a European court ruling after a lengthy battle against the ECB's location policy.
- Themis Trading on the Maker-Taker Conflict of Interest Reform Act of 2015
Mar 04th, 2015 - Congressman Stephen Lynch introduces a congressional bill calling on the Securities and Exchange Commission to launch a pilot program for the prohibition of exchange rebates on stock trades.
- Enhancing portfolio returns - RavenPack white paper
Mar 04th, 2015 - RavenPack released a white paper showing how to use its equity indicators with traditional factors to enhance portfolio returns.
- TABB Group analyzes current state of SEC's Consolidated Audit Trail
Mar 04th, 2015 - Final selection of six Consolidated Audit Trail bidders by 10 Self-Regulatory Organizations (SROs) now expected no sooner than early 2016.
- Fidessa appoints regional sales manager for Europe
Mar 04th, 2015 - Peter Holmgren joins Fidessa, responsible for sell-side new business sales.
- SIA and Colt to connect Hungarian CSD Keler to TARGET2-Securities
Mar 04th, 2015 - SIA and Colt enable Hungarian Central Depository Keler to access the new single European platform for the settlement of transactions in domestic and cross-border securities.
- Thomas Kloet joins Nasdaq board
Mar 04th, 2015 - Thomas A. Kloet elected to Nasdaq's board of directors.
- NYSE appoints global head of Capital Markets
Mar 04th, 2015 - Garvis Toler to replace Scott Cutler as global head of Capital Markets at New York Stock Exchange.
- Trading Technologies to provide access to GMEX Exchange
Mar 04th, 2015 - Trading Technologies customers connect to GMEX, Financial Markets Engineering will support the exchange.
- Basel III monitoring results published by the Basel Committee
Mar 03rd, 2015 - Basel Committee publishes the results of its latest Basel III monitoring exercise.
- HFT: the 'Clayton Rule' on speed
Mar 03rd, 2015 - HFT doesn't suit a lot of people, often because of ignorance or self-interest, and it's a short step from that to an accusation of manipulation, writes the Streetwise Professor, Craig Pirrong.
- Interactive Data enhances fixed income reference data content
Mar 03rd, 2015 - Apex delivery options offers more flexibility and competitive pricing on reference data in North America.
- Why the first wave of T2S matters - Avi Ghosh, SIX Securities Services
Mar 03rd, 2015 - With the first wave of T2S set to go live in June, Avi Ghosh of SIX Securities Services explores why being part of the first wave of T2S is so important to gain first mover advantage.
- NBAD selects BT for managed network services
Mar 03rd, 2015 - BT to provide managed services to National Bank of Abu Dhabi's new London facilities.
- DNB selects SunGard's Aligne platform
Mar 03rd, 2015 - DNB selects SunGard to support the complete trade lifecycle for commodities.
- Celer Technologies embeds Azul Zing for Java-based trading platform
Mar 03rd, 2015 - Zing optimized platform delivers flexibility and low latency to meet trading firms' dynamic business needs
- Australian Securities Exchange implements Velocimetrics
Mar 03rd, 2015 - Australian Securities Exchange has implemented Velocimetrics and the EndaceProbe Intelligent Network Recorder to enhance its low latency trading infrastructure.
- Numerix addresses global negative rates concern with SABR Model Extension
Mar 02nd, 2015 - Numerix Free Boundary SABR challenges market standard approach - introduces management for negative rates in options models.
- Exegy adds support for NEO Exchange
Mar 02nd, 2015 - Exegy to provide feed handler for Aequitas NEO Exchange.
- Digital Europe: The rise of the Internet of Things and the transition to a Third Industrial Revolution
Mar 02nd, 2015 - Economic theorist Jeremy Rifkin joined Germany's chancellor Angela Merkel, EC president Jean-Claude Juncker, and Werner Hoyer, the president of the European Investment Bank, at the EIB conference entitled "Momentum For Europe-Innovation And Competitiveness" held in Berlin, Germany.
- KCG to launch new risk arbitrage group
Mar 02nd, 2015 - Eric Laumann appointed head of KCG's risk arbitrage group. Team to include Jason King and veteran event-driven trader Louis Juliano.
- Will corporate Japan save Abenomics asks Heartwood's Michael Stanes
Mar 02nd, 2015 - Japan is presenting a paradox: the stock market continues to rise (+7% in February, local currency) at the same time as growth disappoints. Real GDP in the fourth quarter 2014 fell far short of consensus expectations at 2.2% year-on-year, after a contraction in growth in the second and third quarters. This apparent disconnect signals that investors believe Japan is turning the corner, but are they setting themselves up for another dose of disappointment?
- Wave of innovative electronic solutions arising to address broken credit markets - GreySpark report
Mar 02nd, 2015 - GreySpark report examines how All-to-All, Client-to-Client and Dealer-to-Dealer platforms can provide an answer to the liquidity challenges faced by corporate bonds investors.
- Trayport's REMIT reporting prototype now available
Mar 02nd, 2015 -Trayport's regulatory reporting requirements tool for energy trading firms now available for wider uptake.