Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Who's afraid of smart beta?
Jan 26th, 2015 - Though perceived as a threat by some buy side, smart beta should be considered a complement to active fund management said experts and industry practitioners at last week's Smart Beta Europe conference hosted by ETF Strategy and Cass Business School.
- ISDA proposes CCP recovery and continuity framework
Jan 26th, 2015 - ISDA publishes new position paper that sets out a proposed recovery and continuity framework for central counterparties.
- ICAP announces corporate bond platform - Scrapbook
Jan 26th, 2015 - ICAP e-Commerce partners with Interactive Data to launch Scrapbook, an e-solution for the corporate bond market.
- CFA Institute names Paul Smith as CEO
Jan 26th, 2015 -Paul Smith appointed president and CEO of CFA Institute.
- LBMA and TriOptima eliminate gold interest rate swap trades
Jan 26th, 2015 - London Bullion Market Association and TriOptima eliminate gold interest rate swap trades prior to 'GOFO' rate being discontinued.
- Misys launches FusionBanking lending
Jan 26th, 2015 - Misys front-to-back office solution streamlines the loan lifecycle across all lending asset classes.
- Calypso appoints President
Jan 26th, 2015 - Calypso Technology names Pascal Xatart as president.
- Greenwich survey shows growing institutional adoption of ETFs in Europe
Jan 26th, 2015 - 22% of institutions to increase their allocations to ETFs in the next three years. Asset managers use ETFs in nearly three quarters of multi asset funds. Pension funds hold ETFs for an average of 29 months.
- SGX and CBA to develop fund-raising platform
Jan 26th, 2015 - SGX partners Clearbridge Accelerator to facilitate fund raising for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
- First Derivatives and Fair Trading Technology announce partnership
Jan 26th, 2015 - First Derivatives and Fair Trading Technology partner to provide a combined solution for FX Brokers.
- McKay Brothers lowers latency between UK and Frankfurt
Jan 26th, 2015 - McKay Brothers lowers latency to 4.192 milliseconds between Frankfurt and Basildon.
- CFTC approves Bursa Malaysia as registered FBOT
Jan 26th, 2015 - Participants located in the US can now directly access CME GLOBEX to trade on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives products.
- Liquidnet names Global Head of Product
Jan 26th, 2015 - Natasha Shamis named global head of product at Liquidnet.
- Paper-thin electronics becoming reality
Jan 26th, 2015 - Cambridge Innovation Capital announces latest multi-million investment in flexible electronics.
- Rosenblatt Securities appoints MD's for emerging and frontier markets
Jan 26th, 2015 - Rosenblatt Securities hires Ryan Grimsley and Mark Rorison to facilitate move into emerging and frontier markets business.
- OCC announces new $1 billion committed repurchase facility
Jan 23rd, 2015 - Options Clearing Corporation new $1 billion committed repurchase facility - increases total liquidity resources to $3 billion.
- HFT 'White Hats' or 'Black Hats'? - Themis Trading blog
Jan 23rd, 2015 - The New York Attorney General's amended complaint against Barclays filed this week was a rare and illuminating glimpse into the communication that goes on between dark pools and their HFT customers. And it called into question who really are the good guys of HFT. In today's blog post, Themis Trading calls out a former anti-HFT regulator who is now lobbying on behalf of several HFT firms that were mentioned in the complaint.
- CFTC approves SGX as registered FBOT
Jan 23rd, 2015 - SGX receives approval from Commodity Futures Trading Commission as registered Foreign Board Of Trade.
- Consensus on market reform - FIA PTG blog
Jan 23rd, 2015 - FIA PTG concludes that a surprisingly calm discussion is taking place underneath sensationalised claims regarding system flaws, finger pointing, and self interest.
- ECB quantitative easing commentary round-up
Jan 22nd, 2015 - Automated Trader rounds up commentary from Goldman Sachs, Heartwood Investment Management, FXPro, Punter Southall, BlackRock and deVere Group on ECB monetary policy.
- Automated Trader Update: Can you have amnesia and deja vu simultaneously?
Jan 23rd, 2015 - ECB & QE - bigger than expected. Switzerland declares war, UBS & S&P fined, Barclays in SEC spotlight again, Fidelity said to plan dark pool. AT latest articles take a close look at dark pools, and consider fair play in markets. SIX launches bond platform. MarketAxess & BlackRock, & MTS and B2SCAN partner for credit liquidity. RavenPack whitepaper on FX & news, ESMA & HK SEC in CCP MoU, TOCOM approved as FBOT, Ipreo acquires ClearMomentum, Redline Feed announced, Netagio enables bitcoin card payments, NYSE buys stake in Coinbase, Russell FX Network launched, Neonet & Quod partner.
- Liquidnet launches Liquidnet 5
Jan 22nd, 2015 - New Liquidnet platform integrates liquidity, point-of-trade analytics, new execution capabilities, and commission management.
- ICMA survey: Financial industry expecting significant benefits from T2S
Jan 22nd, 2015 - Survey by ICMA European Repo Council and GFT shows majority of market participants are aware of the operational implications of T2S and have plans underway.
- tcmpartners joins Misys InFusion Partner Programme
Jan 22nd, 2015 - tcmpartners joins Misys InFusion Partner Programme as the first strategic partner for Latin America.
- MarketAxess and BlackRock expand strategic trading alliance into Europe
Jan 22nd, 2015 - MarketAxess all-to-all 'Open Trading' launches for European credit products
- Russell Investments and Integral launch Russell FX Network
Jan 21st, 2015 - Russell Investments and Integral announce comprehensive execution service for institutional investors - designed to fix the Fix.
- European ETF growth levels to be sustained in 2015, says Deutsche AWM
Jan 21st, 2015 - The European ETF market is expected to expand 15-20% in 2015 according to Simon Klein of Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management.
- RavenPack white paper: Trading bond futures and FX with news data
Jan 21st, 2015 - Over the past few years, strategies which use news analytics have become more popular. Whilst the focus has been on equities, there is also significant news flow when it comes to macro assets.
- Preqin report: 2014 sees alternative assets industry near $7tn in AUM
Jan 21st, 2015 - Preqin launches 2015 Global Alternatives Reports. Industry adds $690bn in assets through 2014, up from the $648bn of asset growth seen in 2013.
- SEC announces charges against Standard & Poor's for fraudulent ratings misconduct
Jan 21st, 2015 - S&P agrees to pay more than $58 million to settle SEC charges, plus additional charges to settle parallel cases with the New York Attorney General's office and the Massachusetts Attorney General's office.