Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Sound Bytes: Dark pools, liquidity and emerging markets
Apr 23rd, 2014 - Upcoming change to dark pools in the new regulatory regime was a key issue at the recent Trade Tech conference in Paris. In this edition of 'Sound Bytes', Automated Trader hears what industry figures and one regulator from the UK's Financial Conduct Authority have to say.
- OptionsCity Software expands Algo Store to Metro customers
Apr 23rd, 2014 - Metro trading platform expanded to provide direct access to the OptionsCity Algo Store.
- Quincy expands Extreme Data service to Europe
Apr 23rd, 2014 - Quincy Data expands microwave data service to London & Frankfurt.
- Clearstream acquires Citco hedge fund custody unit
Apr 23rd, 2014 - Clearstream and Citco announce Citco Global Securities Services transaction.
- Cinnober to provide integrated clearing tech to JSE
Apr 23rd, 2014 - The Johannesburg Stock Exchange chooses integrated clearing technology from Cinnober.
- Equinix to bring Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute to IBX data centres
Apr 22nd, 2014 - Enterprise customers can gain access to Microsoft's public cloud through Azure ExpressRoute service.
- HKEx to launch its first Asia commodities contracts
Apr 22nd, 2014 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing plans to launch its commodities business with four futures contracts.
- Liquidnet appoints Head of Technology
Apr 22nd, 2014 - Bob Garrett joins Liquidnet as Head of Technology.
- Automated Trader Update: Exchange and clearing house developments in the news
Apr 17th, 2014 - Automated Trader 'Sound Bytes' considers regulatory issues, EMIR authorises Eurex Clearing, SGX revises securities fees, ICE appoints Singapore management, DB & SET partner, Deutsche Bank & Bank of China announce MoU, Citi launches Total Touch Price, GW&K adopts Fidessa compliance, Gleneagle & Integral partner, Saxo adds IEX ATS, CQG updates Integrated Client, Volante tackles Big Data. Ullink, BCS and BNP Paribas announce appointments.
- NASDAQ OMX expands London presence
Apr 17th, 2014 - The NASDAQ OMX Group has expanded its London business to new, larger premises at Woolgate Exchange, 25 Basinghall Street.
- ICE announces management and board appointments for Singapore
Apr 16th, 2014 - Lucas Schmeddes to head renamed ICE Futures Singapore and ICE Clear Singapore.
- Deutsche Bank & Bank of China NY sign clearing MoU
Apr 16th, 2014 - Bank of China New York signs Memorandum of Understanding with Deutsche Bank to expand clearing service cooperation.
- Citi launches Total Touch Price on Bloomberg App Portal
Apr 16th, 2014 - Citi becomes first broker to use Bloomberg App Portal tool for block trading.
- Deutsche Borse and SET announce MoU
Apr 16th, 2014 - Deutsche Börse and The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) to cooperate.
- CQG Integrated Client version 2014 released
Apr 16th, 2014 - CQG Integrated Client version 2014 released.
- Clearstream develops settlement links with Taiwan
Apr 16th, 2014 - Clearstream works with Taiwanese central securities depository to develop direct settlement link to Taiwanese market as part of Asia strategy.
- Ullink hires global Sales Operations Director
Apr 16th, 2014 - Former NYSE Technologies regional COO Simon McDowell appointed as Ullink global Sales Operations Director
- 6DG adds PoP at Volta London Data Centre
Apr 16th, 2014 - Six Degrees Group (6DG) expands Datahop network with point of presence at Volta's Great Sutton Street data centre.
- GW&K live on Fidessa's Sentinel Compliance Service
Apr 16th, 2014 - US firm implements service for fully managed compliance solution.
- Sound Bytes: views from the industry on the regulatory onslaught
Apr 15th, 2014 - Six years after the global financial crisis and regulation remains the go-to topic at financial conferences. This year's Trade Tech in Paris was no exception. In the latest edition of Sound Bytes, we hear industry leaders' thoughts on key issues as the focus shifts from Dodd-Frank to MiFID II.
- BCS hires former MD of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Prime Brokerage
Apr 15th, 2014 - BCS hires Max Hayden as Head of Business Development, also adds new Senior Equity Analyst to research team in Moscow.
- SuperDerivatives adds ICAP data package to DGX terminal
Apr 15th, 2014 - ICAP premium data now available on SuperDerivatives' DGX Store.
- BNP Paribas Securities Services hires head of sales
Apr 15th, 2014 - BNP Paribas Securities Services appoints Jamie Pratt as head of sales Americas for Debt Market Services.
- Gleneagle and Integral enhance margin FX platform
Apr 14th, 2014 - Integral Development and Gleneagle Securities announce one stop solution for Global Prime platform to include hardware, software and professional support.
- SIX Financial Information supplies market data to Bloomberg Platform
Apr 14th, 2014 - SIX Financial Information integrates MDFselect with Bloomberg's managed market data distribution service.
- China Construction Bank selects Catena TRACE trade repository gateway
Apr 14th, 2014 - China Construction Bank selects Catena TRACE trade repository gateway for OTC derivatives regulatory reporting to Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Volante integrates Hadoop functionality
Apr 14th, 2014 - Volante Designer version 5.0 tackles 'Big Data' challenge with Hadoop framework.
- Automated Trader Update: HFT debate rumbles along
Apr 14th, 2014 - New 'Sound Bytes' column from Automated Trader, FIA introduces SEF tracker, EuroCCP and EMCF complete consolidation, SGX to clear NDIRS, BT Netrix HiTouch announced, CQG and DirectFX partner, Thomson Reuters introduces StarMine Insider Filings, xCFD accepts Bitcoin deposits, EdgeConneX launches Salt Lake City datacente. Eze Software and Liquidnet announce senior appointments.
- IXcellerate Moscow Datacentre receives IBM accreditation
Apr 14th, 2014 - IXcellerate becomes first data centre in Russia to achieve IBM certification.
- Sound Bytes: views from industry leaders on technology and HFT
Apr 11th, 2014 - Trends in technology and the latest furore over HFT were two of the hot topics for the industry at the recent Trade Tech conference in Paris. Introducing 'Sound Bytes', a new column from Automated Trader to keep you abreast of what people are talking about.