Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Liquidnet 'empowers' buy-side with targeted invitations
May 06th, 2016 - Targeted Invitations now available in the U.S. and Asia-Pacific. Exceeds $1 billion traded in first five months.
- Belgium signals potential withdrawal of support for FTT
May 05th, 2016 - Belgium is the latest member of the EU considering abandoning its pursuit of a transaction tax on financial markets.
- India considering clamp-down on high-frequency trading
May 05th, 2016 - Aftershocks of the scandal relating to preferential treatment of high-frequency trading firms in India are being felt as regulators consider what rules to put in place.
- G. H. Financials & Celoxica release new trading platform
May 05th, 2016 - Celoxica and G. H. Financials release fully automated, low latency, market data gateway and Risk direct market access (DMA) platform for futures markets.
- InvestCloud launches new digital platform - BB8
May 05th, 2016 - New applets combine InvestCloud's 3 digital pillars of design, FinTech, and content.
- TriOptima completes first triReduce compression cycle with Eurex Clearing
May 05th, 2016 - TriOptima completes first triReduce compression cycle for cleared euro interest rate swaps in Eurex Clearing.
- Euronext derivatives added to McKay Brothers' QED service
May 05th, 2016 - Equity index futures at low latency now available at at major UK trading centers.
- Linear Investments announces senior hire
May 05th, 2016 - Paul Walker-Duncalf will join Richard Lilley as joint Managing Partner in running the firm's outsourced trading business.
- ICE will not make an offer for LSEG
May 04th, 2016 -Statement of intention by Intercontinental Exchange not to make an offer for London Stock Exchange Group.
- Bloomberg connects to Eurex Clearing
May 04th, 2016 - Bloomberg's OTC electronic trading services offer direct connectivity to EurexOTC Clear.
- GreenKey appoints CRO
May 04th, 2016 - Richard Garnier joins GreenKey as Chief Revenue Officer.
- TWSE outlines future development plans
May 04th, 2016 - Taiwan Stock Exchange main focuses for the remainder of 2016 to include corporate governance and reforms to the ETF market.
- BIS releases OTC derivatives stats at end-December 2015
May 04th, 2016 - The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has released OTC derivatives statistics at end-December 2015.
- Itiviti expands support of equity options markets
May 04th, 2016 - Itiviti adds ISE and PHLX to expand equity options market reach. Plans for connectivity to Bats.
- CME to launch market-by-order / level 3 data solution
May 04th May, 2016 - CME will introduce a market data feed featuring all individual orders, also known as "Level 3 Data", on its CME Globex electronic markets platform in the last quarter of 2016. CME will gradually add the feed to its existing market data channels.
- IPC to manage Singapore Exchange's new Chicago hub
May 03rd, 2016 - Singapore Exchange selects IPC to manage new hub in Chicago.
- One million Fragulators can't be wrong - Fidessa
May 03rd, 2016 - So says Fidessa's Steve Grob as the Fidessa Fragulator surpasses the one million mark.
- Instinet offers access to Luminex via Newport 3 EMS
May 03rd, 2016 - Instinet offers integrated access to Luminex buyside liquidity tools through Newport 3.
- Calypso and Sernova announce cloud based clearing solution
May 03rd, 2016 - Calypso Technology forms Strategic Partnership with Sernova Financial to deliver cloud-based clearing solution.
- Broadridge launches Global Post Trade Management solution
May 03rd, 2016 - New Global Post Trade Management solution enhances cost and operational efficiencies for banks and brokers.
- ESMA amends MIFID II standards on non-equity transparency and position limits
May 03rd, 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority issues two Opinions proposing amendments to its draft Regulatory Technical Standards under MiFID II and MiFIR.
- CME and Crypto launch Bitcoin Reference Rate & Real-Time Index
May 03rd, 2016 - CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR) to provide final settlement price in U.S. dollars at 4 pm London time each trading day, and CME CF Bitcoin Real Time Index (RTI) to enable real-time access to bitcoin prices.
- Key figures SIX Swiss Exchange & SIX Structured Products Exchange: April 2016
May 03rd, 2016 - Trading turnover: CHF 127.0 billion (+9.7% month-on-month). Average trading turnover per day grows to CHF 5.8 billion. VAT Group AG now listed on SIX Swiss Exchange. Trading commences on XBTR, a bilateral trading platform for structured products.
- EdgeconneX deploys Amazon Web Services Direct Connect
May 03rd, 2016 - Amazon Web Services Direct Connect now available in the EdgeconneX Portland Edge Data Center.
- BittWare releases FPGA board - XUSP3R
May 03rd, 2016 - Featuring bandwidth of 20nm FPGAs, the ¾-Length PCIe board provides 4x 100 GbE, up to 8 banks of QDR memory, and optional Hybrid Memory Cube module.
- triResolve and DTCC announce Asia data reporting collaboration
May 03rd, 2016 - triResolve's Repository Reconciliation service and DTCC collaborate to reconcile data reported to Asian regulators.
- CFTC approves final rule on amendments to the swap portfolio reconciliation requirement
May 03rd, 2016
- Sea Otter selects Tbricks by Itiviti to grow ETF business
May 03rd, 2016 - Sea Otter Securities Group LLC deploys Tbricks by Itiviti for ETF market making on NYSE Arca.
- ESMA publishes results of EU CCPs stress test
May 02nd, 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published the results of its first EU-wide stress test exercise regarding Central Counterparties (CCPs).
- European CCPs stand the test
Apr 30th, 2016 - ESMA's report demonstrates that European CCPs are resilient and well equipped to withstand extreme market developments.