Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- TAIFEX to launch the RMB FX futures
Jul 03rd, 2015 - Taiwan Futures Exchange plans to launch two RMB FX futures contracts, the USD/CNT FX futures and the USD/CNH FX futures by late July.
- Automated Trader Update: Open source spectavaganza
Jul 03rd, 2015 - Managed Futures report from GAIM, new articles from Summer issue. Open source news from Thalesians, St Andrews University, and Thomson Reuters. Leap second thoughts from FIA, ITRS, and Colt. Reports from SunGard on private equity fee pressure, Charles River on fixed income trader challenges, and TABB on Grexit. QuantAlliance sees Algos as weapons. Liquidnet Dark IEX algo announced, Fintech start-ups host on BT Radianz cloud, Perseus & Fastback use Freedom Tower, DTCC Data Products launches, Fidessa DMA platform debuts.
- Altera joins Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) project
Jul 03rd, 2015 - Altera brings FPGAs to network function virtualization.
- SR Labs appoints Jennifer Nayar CEO
Jul 03rd, 2015 - NYSE's Jennifer Nayar joins SR Labs as CEO.
- Velocimetrics launches VMX Payments
Jul 02nd, 2015 - Velocimetrics releases real-time, end-to-end business flow monitoring for payment platforms.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Ranks of cross-border issues swell'
Jul 02nd, 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Christian Voigt considers the implications of payment for research and its escalation to a cross border issue.
- ASX selects Nasdaq's post-trade risk technology
Jul 02nd, 2015 - New technology to address global regulations requiring intraday risk management and increased margin methodology sophistication.
- ICAP appoints Jenny Knott as CEO Post Trade Risk and Information Services.
Jul 02nd, 2015 - Jenny Knott to head ICAP's Traiana, TriOptima, Reset, Euclid and ICAP Information Services businesses.
- SEC charges hedge fund advisory firm with conducting fraudulent fund valuation scheme
Jul 01st, 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has charged a Greenwich, Conn.-based investment advisory firm and its two owners with fraudulently inflating the prices of securities in hedge fund portfolios they managed.
- Altera FPGA-based storage reference design doubles life of NAND flash
Jul 01st, 2015 - FPGAs with embedded CPU architecture offer storage in the cloud and high-performance computing systems.
- Markit completes acquisition of Information Mosaic
Jul 01st, 2015 - Markit has announced the completion of its acquisition of Information Mosaic, a software provider for corporate actions and post trade securities processing.
- Thalesians open sources Python library
Jul 01st, 2015 - Quant think tank open sources Python code financial analysis library, PyThalesians.
- BT brings fintech start-ups onto BT Radianz Cloud
Jul 01st, 2015 - Fintech start-ups can host their solutions in data centres or cloud computing services connected to BT's Radianz Cloud as part of it's 'cloud of clouds' vision.
- EU open source software project gets green light
Jul 01st, 2015 - An open source software project involving the University of St Andrews to extend the capacity of computational mathematics and interactive computing environments has received over 7 million euros in EU funding.
- AIM Software appoints sales director
Jul 01st, 2015 - AIM Software names Marco Sablone as sales director.
- BGC updates outlook for second quarter of 2015
Jul 01st, 2015 - GFI Groups' results will be consolidated with those of BGC.
- Mariner Investment appoints CRO
Jul 01st, 2015 - Dmitry Green named as Mariner Investment Group's chief risk officer
- SEC charges Goldman Sachs with violating market access rule
Jun 30th, 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has charged Goldman, Sachs & Co. with violating the market access rule in connection with a trading incident that resulted in erroneous executions of options contracts. Goldman Sachs agreed to pay a $7 million penalty to settle the charges.
- ITRS blog: Catch that second: Temporal Shifts and System Stability
Jun 30th, 2015 - Mark Brennan, head of Business Development, Americas at ITRS, believes the addition of a single second to system clocks will no doubt underwhelm the world, much as Y2K did - systems will probably not fail (although the last time a leap second was added - in 2012 - there were in fact system outages).
- DTCC Data Products service enhances data provisioning & DTCC data access
Jun 30th, 2015 - Provisioned data aims to help firms reduce risks, increase efficiencies, lower costs, provide market insight and bring greater transparency to their business operations.
- First RMB denominated ETF lists in Paris
Jun 30th, 2015 - Euronext signs MOU with the China Construction Bank to enhance access to European capital markets.
- Nasdaq's BWise launches IPO software solution
Jun 30th, 2015 - Nasdaq's BWise announces Sarbanes-Oxley software solution for new public companies.
- Brazil's Vinci Partners selects Eze's OMS and EMS
Jun 30th, 2015 - Brazilian asset manager deploys Eze Software Group's OMS and EMS to streamline workflows.
- Deutsche Borse and Irish Stock Exchange expand partnership
Jun 30th, 2015 - Deutsche Börse Market Data + Services is taking over the hosting of the Irish Stock Exchange's new trading surveillance system.
- SEC announces cherry-picking charges against investment manager
Jun 30th, 2015 - Case against Welhouse & Associates arises from enforcement initiative analyzing large volumes of investment advisers' trade allocation data.
- London Stock Exchange welcomes Sophos
Jun 30th, 2015 - Sophos IPO largest in UK history with company valued at £1bn. Raises total gross proceeds of £352m at IPO. UK Government welcomes IPO as a significant boost for tech industry.
- Colt: What is the cost of Tuesday's Leap Second?
Jun 30th, 2015 - Leap seconds are added when the drift between atomic time and that based on the earth's rotation approaches one second. While atomic time is fixed and precisely measured and monitored, the rotation of the earth is slowing by around two thousandths of a second a day.
- Tradeweb axes improve buy-side liquidity sourcing
Jun 30th, 2015 - Tradeweb Markets provides 6,000 axes from European credit and government bond dealers.
- Thomson Reuters launches open source market data APIs
Jun 30th, 2015 - New APIs provide developers with simplified access to Thomson Reuters Elektron, with open-source distribution enabling APIs to be extended to third-party and proprietary content and systems.
- Object Trading to provide trading Infrastructure for TradingScreen clients
Jun 30th, 2015 - Trading and investment technology integrated with global market infrastructure and access to 60+ liquidity sources enables customer focus on trading innovation.