Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- SunGard's Astec Analytics lists 'hot stocks'
Sep 04th, 2015 - Here is a roundup of some of the hottest stocks from a securities lending perspective, according to data from SunGard's Astec Analytics.
- Automated Trader Update: HFT wins some, loses some
Sep 04th, 2015 - HFT judgement news: the guilty and the not so guilty. ESMA consults on MiFID II, Fidessa and JWG suggest harmonisation. Italy joins T2S, KPMG considers AI, FIAs to merge, JSE launches Eris IRSF, Hatstand announces Cybersecurity Risk Assessment, SunGard to hold Global Code-a-thon, Ipreo & Social Alpha partner, Bloomberg launches ETP in Japan, Tradeweb makes first regulated yen-swap, Ullink connects to Tradegate.
- D2LT Legal: Protocols - Expedient Mechanism or Ticking Time-Bomb?
Sep 04th, 2015 - Akber Datoo, founder & partner, D2 Legal Technology, calls on financial institutions and regulators to consider the risks of protocols, which are becoming increasingly complex, particularly since the introduction of the European Monetary Union (EMU) protocol.
- Preqin: Hedge fund managers & investors struggle with poor performance
Sep 04th, 2015 - Hedge funds delivered below-average performance last year, with the Preqin All-Strategies Hedge Fund benchmark making gains of 4.58%, compared with 12.23% in 2013.
- SS&C announces leadership team for Advent Software
Sep 03rd, 2015 - SS&C Technologies has announced the leadership team for its recently acquired Advent Software business unit.
- CME Group deploys TriOptima's triReduce to complete first multilateral compression cycle
Sep 03rd, 2015 - CME Group completes first multilateral compression cycle using TriOptima's triReduce service. Gross notional reductions amount to $2.2 trillion.
- LSEG and Boat to build MiFID II trade reporting solution
Sep 03rd, 2015 - Heads of Terms signed to create MiFID II compliant, multi-asset reporting platform. Creates a one-stop-shop for MiFID II transaction reporting service.
- eVestment Q2 Asset Flows Report
Sep 03rd, 2015 - eVestment report shows the flow of institutional funds across regions, universes and products.
- Monex selects Markit for corporate actions
Sep 03rd, 2015 - Agreement to enable Monex to provide validated corporate actions data for all offered trading stocks.
- Fabrizio Carpanini to join Dorsey in London
Sep 03rd, 2015 - Dorsey & Whitney nabs veteran private equity attorney from Olswan.
- Ullink offers FIX connectivity to Tradegate
Sep 03rd, 2015 - Ullink becomes first vendor to offer FIX connectivity to German Tradegate Exchange.
- SIX Financial Information provides index-linked products data to S&P Dow Jones Indices
Sep 02nd, 2015 - S&P Dow Jones Indices is now using SIX Financial Information's Valordata Feed to track activity on its indices for monitoring and licensing purposes.
- JSE launches Eris Interest Rate Swap Futures
Sep 02nd, 2015 - The Johannesburg Stock Exchange has officially launched JSE Eris Interest Rate Swap (IRS) Futures.
- SunGard to hold Global Code-a-thon in FC Barcelona stadium
Sep 02nd, 2015 - SunGard's Global Coder Cup '15 to tackle big data and analytics at FC Barcelona's Camp Nou stadium.
- SMARTS brings down HFT spoofers - CMCRC
Sep 02nd, 2015 - Australian technology and analysis has been used to crack a case involving traders using high frequency strategies to manipulate markets in Europe and the UK.
- Sapient Global Markets hires Thomas Kracz
Sep 02nd, 2015 - Thomas Kracz appointed VP, Solutions at Sapient Global Markets.
- Ipreo partners with Social Alpha to power social media analytics
Sep 01st, 2015 - Social Alpha and Ipreo integrate new social media analytics capabilities into BD Corporate, Ipreo's investor relations workflow platform.
- LSEG: Monte Titoli completes migration to T2S
Sep 01st, 2015 -Monte Titoli successfully migrates to the European Central Bank's Target2-Securities (T2S) platform.
- Nasdaq Futures data available on Interactive Data's Consolidated Feed
Sep 01st, 2015 - Expansion deepens Interactive Data's coverage of US derivatives and energy marketplace.
- BNY Mellon names Michelle Neal as president
Sep 01st, 2015 - BNY Mellon appoints Deutsche Bank's Michelle Neal as president of BNY Mellon Markets Group.
- First regulated yen-swap trade on Tradeweb
Sep 01st, 2015 - Tradeweb granted ETP licence by Japan's Financial Services Agency.
- Avery Trading selects Orc Tbricks spread trading solution
Sep 01st, 2015 - Avery Trading chooses Orc Tbricks for spread trading on CME Globex.
- Taiwan and Japan Exchanges expand cooperation
Sep 01st, 2015 - The Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Japan Exchange Group (JPX) to expand their international links with the listing of the first leveraged and inverse ETFs tracking the benchmark TOPIX index on TWSE.
- Latest issue of FIA SEF tracker now available!
Sep 01st, 2015 - FIA releases 15th Issue of SEF tracker - January 2014 to June 2015.
- Bloomberg launches ETP in Japan
Sep 01st, 2015 - Bloomberg Tradebook Japan launches Electronic Trading Platform in support of mandatory electronic trading of Japanese yen interest rate swaps.
- ESMA consults on ITS under MiFID II
Sep 01st, 2015 - ESMA issues consultation paper on MIFID II standards regarding trading suspensions, data service providers and derivatives reporting.
- HFT risks go down as US lawsuits dismissed - Dechert
Aug 31st, 2015 - With dismissal of another set of major high frequency trading suits, litigation risk from providing fast data and other services to high frequency traders fades, write Dechert's Kathleen Massey, partner, and Jeffrey Benner, associate.
- 'Battle of machines' begins for insurance industry - KPMG
Aug 31st, 2015 - The insurance sector is starting to take notice of machine learning, but will have to overcome cultural differences to embrace and implement artificial intelligence technologies, writes KPMG's global head of insurance, Gary Reader.
- Italy joins T2S - The next step in harmonising Europe's settlement structure
Aug 31st, 2015 - Comment from Kashyap Kapasi, Director, Strategic Solutions, Investment Services, Fiserv.
- Hatstand launches Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
Aug 28th, 2015 - Hatstand Cybersecurity Risk Assessment to help strengthen businesses' Cyber risk governance programmes.