Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- CBRE Clarion deploys Charles River hosted service
Jul 31st, 2015 - CBRE Clarion Securities live on Charles River IMS as a hosted service.
- Automated Trader Update: Working on the blockchain gang
Jul 31st, 2015 - Bitcoin infrastructure experiments, Nasdaq launches NFX, Deutsche Borse buys 360T, and STOXX and Indexium. Tullett Prebon purchases MOAB Oil. SIX CEO on corporate bonds foray, Turquoise in discussions with Plato, JSE selects MillenniumIT solution, EBA reports on EU Banks, Fidessa enhances OPM, SunGard lists hot stocks, Zettaset & Thales in big data partnership, Brocade & CERN openlab collaborate, FCA authorises Bloomberg MTF, OpenMAMA relaunches.
- Acuity appoints VP Sales, opens City of London office
Jul 30th, 2015 - Acuity Trading hires Brad Alexander as vice president of Sales, takes up residence in the City of London.
- BSO opens POP at Borsa Istanbul
Jul 30th, 2015 - Partnership enables access to Turkish and APAC markets.
- CBOE Options Institute at SGX announced
Jul 30th, 2015 - Singapore Exchange partners with Chicago Board Options Exchange on options trading education.
- ESMA advises on extension of AIFMD passport to non-EU jurisdictions
Jul 30th, 2015 - ESMA advises on extension of AIFMD passport to non-EU jurisdictions.
- Newedge: Investors cautiously welcome advanced beta equity investing
Jul 30th, 2015 -In a new study produced as part of the Société Générale Prime Services (Newedge) research chair on "Advanced Modelling for Alternative Investments", EDHEC-Risk Institute attempts to give an overall view on alternative equity beta strategies, to determine the areas of usage and to analyse the alternative equity beta practices and perceptions of investment professionals.
- Chief of Market Abuse to leave SEC
Jul 30th, 2015 - Daniel M. Hawke, chief of Market Abuse Unit, to leave SEC after 16 years of service.
- Which banks are doing what with blockchain? BNC update
Jul 29th, 2015 - The Invention of the blockchain is now vividly moving into the next natural stage of it's inevitable life-cycle: institutional adoption. BNC reports on who is doing what.
- Westpac MNI China Consumer Sentiment firms again in July
Jul 29th, 2015 - Overall confidence rises despite stock market correction.
- SunGard's Astec Analytics lists 'hot stocks'
Jul 29th, 2015 - Here is a roundup of some of the hottest stocks from a securities lending perspective, according to data from SunGard's Astec Analytics.
- Johannesburg Exchange selects MillenniumIT trading solution
Jul 29th, 2015 - Johannesburg Stock Exchange extends use of Millennium Exchange trading platform and Millennium Surveillance beyond equities into derivatives and fixed income markets.
- Azul launches consulting services to optimize Apache Cassandra deployments
Jul 29th, 2015 - New Java performance services tailored to improve Cassandra response time, reliability, up-time, and throughput.
- Linear Investments appoints group CTO and opens Hamburg Office
Jul 29th, 2015 - Linear Investments names Norman Hartmann as Group CTO and opens first branch in mainland Europe.
- EBA publishes key metrics of major EU banks
Jul 29th, 2015 - The European Banking Authority publishes key information on the systemic importance of the 37 largest banks in the EU.
- Tullett Prebon acquires MOAB Oil
Jul 28th, 2015 - Tullett Prebon acquires energy markets broker MOAB Oil.
- Solarflare opens San Diego facility
Jul 28th, 2015 - Solarflare expands engineering capabilities with new San Diego R&D facility.
- EBS BrokerTec combines MyTreasury into product portfolio
Jul 28th, 2015 - FX is introduced on MyTreasury and will allow corporate treasurers to trade FX and Money Market Funds on a single screen.
- Zettaset and Thales partner to deliver big data encryption solution
Jul 28th, 2015 - Standards-based key management appliance and encryption software deliver high assurance security, performance and scalability for open-source Hadoop and NoSQL.
- AFME appoints head of Brussels office
Jul 28th, 2015 - Tanguy van de Werve joins AFME as managing director, Advocacy and head of its Brussels office.
- Ullink upgrades monitoring solution
Jul 28th, 2015 - Ullink releases the latest version of its order and trade monitoring solution, UL Monitoring.
- Exchanges help solve FI liquidity puzzle - SIX
Jul 28th, 2015 - Regulations are going to change corporate bond market structure. SIX Swiss Exchange's COO Urs Widmer writes on how the pieces are fitting into place.
- Fidessa enhances equities trading platform
Jul 28th, 2015 - Fidessa's Order Performance Monitor delivers new trading functionality. Releases whitepaper: 'Optimized Trading - Empowering the trader in an automated world' by Anthony Martinez.
- LME Clear launches new renminbi initiative
Jul 28th, 2015 - Bank of England approves LME Clear to accept offshore renminbi (CNH) as eligible cash collateral.
- SIX to sell STOXX and Indexium to Deutsche Borse for CHF 650 million
Jul 27th, 2015 - SIX is selling its shares in the joint ventures STOXX AG and Indexium AG to Deutsche Börse. The rights to all Swiss indices (including SMI and SPI) are not affected by the sale and will still be held and operated by SIX.
- Bloomberg MTF authorised by UK's FCA
Jul 27th, 2015 - Bloomberg Trading Facility (BTF), has received authorisation from the UK Financial Conduct Authority to operate a multilateral trading facility.
- Brocade and CERN openlab collaborate on SDN network evolution
Jul 27th, 2015 - Brocade joins CERN openlab to develop SDN solutions that can support future infrastructure requirements.
- STAC measures Metamako's MetaApp latency at 60 nanoseconds
Jul 27th, 2015 - Metamako sets new record benchmark for hybrid Layer1+ aggregation switches.
- SETL announces blockchain settlement initiative
Jul 27th, 2015 - SETL to deploy an institutional payment and settlement infrastructure based on blockchain technology.
- Asian Exchange Forum: Global linkages becoming the norm
Jul 27th, 2015 - Asia Pacific exchange leaders agree that international links between stock exchanges are becoming increasingly commonplace and essential for meeting the changing needs of global investors.