Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Six additional banks join SWIFT's KYC Registry initiative
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Barclays, Deutsche Bank, Erste Group Bank AG, HSBC, ING and Raiffeisen Bank join SWIFT's KYC Registry.
- Abacus Group hires ConvergEx Exec as CFO
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Jonathan Bohrer joins Abacus from ConvergEx.
- Allston appoints former CFTC Commissioner Jill Sommers to Board
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Former CFTC Commissioner Jill Sommers joins Alston Holdings Board of Managers.
- HKEx appoints Head of market operations
Jul 22nd, 2014 - HKEx names Roger Lee as head of its new Market Operations group, Brian Chan resigns as co-head of EFIC.
- b-next appoints Head of International Projects
Jul 22nd, 2014 - b-next appoints Christoph Böhmerle as Head of International Projects and Business Development Manager.
- Thomson Reuters calculates benchmarks for three African economies
Jul 22nd, 2014 - EMTA selects Thomson Reuters to provide currency benchmarks for Kenya, Ghana, and Zambia.
- EDI makes African Central Bank data available
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Exchange Data International's African Financial and Economic Data Service now includes African Central Bank economic data reported directly from source.
- Souza Barros Securities selects Convergex's ConnEx
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Souza Barros Securities outsources FIX connectivity and monitoring operations to ConvergEx Group's ConnEx.
- IRESS harnesses Twitter to share market
Jul 22nd, 2014 - IRESS Twitter tool enables access to share prices of listed companies worldwide, using tweets, for free.
- Thomson Reuters expands access to DME via Eikon
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Thomson Reuters customers can now access the Dubai Mercantile Exchange via CME Direct integration in Eikon.
- EGX cancels some precautionary measures
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Egyptian Stock Exchange sees improved stability following 2011 revolution.
- Comment on Serious Fraud Office FX market probe
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Comment On UK's Serious Fraud Office opening probe into foreign exchange market by Warwick Business School Dean, Professor Mark Taylor.
- GBST's FTT solution goes live at US investment bank
Jul 22nd, 2014 - GBST's Syn~FTT solution delivers French and Italian Financial Transaction Tax compliance.
- SGX opens Liaison Office in India
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Singapore Exchange's India Liaison Office commences operations with Neena Prasad as its Chief Representative.
- Deutsche Bank partners with Clearstream and Euroclear for T2S
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Deutsche Bank announces partnership with Clearstream and Euroclear to help clients assign their collateral inventory as part of the TARGET2-Securities initiative.
- Saxo Bank appoints Global Head of Equity Products
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Saxo Bank appoints Alessandro Bressan to advance its 'one platform' strategy.
- Alter Domus selects Thomson Reuters FATCA solution
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Thompson Reuters FATCA solution provides Alter Domus with client identification and on-boarding for FATCA legislation compliance.
- Former Qualcom EVP admits to insider trading and money laundering
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Jing Wang, former senior executive of Qualcomm, pleads guilty to insider trading and money laundering.
- Commissioner Scott D. O'Malia to leave CFTC
Jul 21st, 2014 - Scott O'Malia sends letter of resignation to President Obama. FIA issues statement in response.
- SEC appoints chief economist & director of DERA
Jul 21st, 2014 - Mark J. Flannery to replace Craig Lewis as SEC chief economist and director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division.
- Interactive Data solution addresses AIFMD requirements
Jul 21st, 2014 - Interactive Data can help support a range of valuation, risk management and reporting requirements.
- ConvergEx continues hiring spree
Jul 21st, 2014 - Agency broker hires a new managing director to head programme trading.
- Velocimetrics hires Strategic Account Manager
Jul 21st, 2014 - Adam Woolhouse appointed as Velocimetrics' new Strategic Account Manager.
- NASDAQ OMX powers upgraded Bahrain Bourse
Jul 21st, 2014 - Bahrain Bourse goes live with upgraded trading engine powered by NASDAQ OMX's X-stream trading platform.
- Bravura expands management team
Jul 21st, 2014 - Bravura Solutions appoints John Waddy to oversee Sonata product delivery. Harry Storer joins as COO, Wealth Management, EMEA.
- HKMA and SFC consult on rules for OTC derivatives regime
Jul 21st, 2014 - Joint HKMA-SFC consultation on mandatory reporting and related record keeping rules for OTC derivatives market
- House of Lords to take evidence on HFT and going concern
Jul 21st, 2014 - House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee take evidence on Tuesday 22 July on high frequency trading and going concern in financial reporting, Brad Katsuyama and FRC execs appear as witnesses.
- FIA elects new Chairman and two new board members
Jul 21st, 2014 - Gerald Corcoran replaces Michael Yarian as FIA chairman, Jan Bart de Boer and Raymond Kahn elected as board members.
- Automated Trader Update: Terrible, terrible pauses
Jul 18th, 2014 - Automated Trader investigates in-memory technologies, Azul systems on Java pauses, US & UK Industry bodies request input, Surveys from Aite & SunGard, and Confluence, Quantopian introduces Algo builder, Interactive Data upgrades eSignal, ITG FX Trading Cost Index Application debuts, Spotex chooses Solace, Traiana's CreditLink adds kill switch, Options and Orchestrade partner, Broadridge introduces Report Manager. EBS, Liquidnet, and Calastone announce appointments.
- SIFMA statement on cybersecurity remarks by Secretary Lew
Jul 18th, 2014 - SIFMA issues statement on cybersecurity remarks by U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew.