Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Israel issues largest ever Euro bond offering on LSE
Jan 18th, 2017 - Israel's €2.25 billion 10 & 20 year government bonds start trading on London Stock Exchange. Investor demand reaches more than €9.5 billion and four times oversubscribed.
- 'Liquidity Alliance' to launch blockchain solution for cross-border collateral transfer
Jan 18th, 2017 - Four international CSDs develop a blockchain prototype in cooperation with Deutsche Börse. Targeted 'LA Ledger' solution to improve mobilisation of collateral.
- BNP Paribas and Calypso form post trade partnership
Jan 18th, 2017 - BNP Paribas Securities Services and Calypso Technology partner to offer clients integrated post-trade processing.
- BlackRock charged with removing whistleblower incentives in separation agreements
Jan 18th, 2017 - BlackRock employees signed separation agreements agreeing to "waive any right to recovery of incentives for reporting of misconduct."
- Geoswift announces FCA license
Jan 18th, 2017 - FCA authorises Geoswift as Payment Institution, plans Europe expansion.
- Aperio Group selects Linedata OMS solution
Jan 18th, 2017 - Aperio Group chooses Linedata Longview for EMS-neutral performance.
- Bats/CBOE merger approved
Jan 18th, 2017 - Bats Global Markets announces stockholder approval of merger agreement with CBOE Holdings.
- smartTrade announces MiFID II solutions
Jan 18th, 2017 - smartTrade Technologies works with institutions on MiFIR/MiFID II implementations.
- Thomson Reuters completes REDI acquisition
Jan 17th, 2017 - REDI acquisition enables Thomson Reuters to deliver integrated trading workflow to the buy-side.
- LSEG rebuts rumours of post merger move to Germany
Jan 17th, 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group has: "No intention to move the locations of Eurex or Clearstream from Frankfurt, LCH from London and the US, Monte Titoli from Milan or CC&G from Rome following completion."
- DTCC names former AMF Director as GTR Chief Compliance Officer
Jan 17th, 2017 - DTCC appoints Derek West as Chief Compliance Officer at European Global Trade Repository.
- BNY Mellon appoints Jeff McCarthy as CEO, ETFs
Jan 16th, 2017 - BNY Mellon names former NASDAQ exec Jeff McCarthy as Chief Executive Officer, Exchange Traded Funds.
- ICE Endex receives CFTC authorisation as Foreign Board of Trade
Jan 16th, 2017 - CFTC issues Order of Registration to ICE Endex giving it approval as an authorised Foreign Board of Trade.
- Fintech Innovation Lab London announces 20 startups
Jan 16th, 2017 - Accenture's Fintech Innovation Lab London kicks off largest programme in its five-year history.
- CFTC approves swaps data proposals and other amendments
Jan 16th, 2017
- CFTC permits LCH to commingle futures and cleared swaps collateral to offer portfolio margining
Jan 16th, 2017 - CFTC grants order to LCH.Clearnet permitting portfolio margining of customer positions in futures, foreign futures, and cleared swaps
- SEF Tracker online: December data now available
Jan 16th, 2017 - December 2016 SEF Tracker now available online.
- OTAS launches Intraday Lingo
Jan 16th, 2017 - OTAS Technologies has launched Intraday Lingo, a tool to help traders meet regulatory and best execution requirements.
- BIS report on sterling flash crash highlights option hedging and stop loss orders
Jan 13th, 2017 - Rogue algorithms and fat fingers not to blame.
- Thomson Reuters launches Davos WEF news and analysis app on Eikon
Jan 13th, 2017 - Davos App in Eikon provides single-location access to news, analysis, economic and financial data from across Thomson Reuters.
- ITG to pay USD 24 million for improper handling of ADRs
Jan 13th, 2017 - ITG agrees pay to $24.4 million to settle charges by the Securities and Exchange Commission over the improper handling of American Despository Receipts.
- SWIFT explores blockchain as part of global payments innovation initiative
Jan 13th, 2017 - Proof of Concept launched to determine if distributed ledger technology could help banks reconcile their nostro databases in real time.
- Michael Osnato resigns from SEC
Jan 13th, 2017 - Michael J. Osnato, Chief of Enforcement Division's Complex Financial Instruments Unit, to leave SEC.
- Automated Trader Update: Building FinTech hives and bridges
Jan 12th, 2017 - Brussels & London build FinTech bridge, DIFC introduces FinTech Hive. TradeWeb & AQMetrics offer MiFID ll services, RSRCHXchange research spend survey results, DTCC, IBM, Axoni & R3 develop derivatives blockchain solution, S&P Global to sell QuantHouse, NYSE expands floor trading, FactSet announces Global FinTech Index, Origin, BNP Paribas, BAML, SocGen & Credit Suisse launch private placement bond market platform. OANDA, BGC & SIX announce appointments.
- GF International selects Euroclear's international ETF structure for first listing
Jan 12th, 2017 -Euroclear offers international investors access to RMB ETF products.
- London and Belgium build FinTech bridge
Jan 12th, 2017 - Innovate Finance and Belgian delegation in London to launch collaborative FinTech platform B-Hive, and to build FinTech bridges.
- Calypso launches cloud services division
Jan 12th, 2017 - Calypso Technology announces comprehensive suite of cloud solutions.
- NEX Data and Tradition agree distribution partnership
Jan 12th, 2017 - NEX Data to be a distributor for Tradition's market data and information services division, TraditionDATA.
- NYSE to expand floor trading
Jan 12th, 2017 - New York Stock Exchange to expand floor trading to all U.S. equity securities in 2017.
- Volta and Custom Connect team up
Jan 12th, 2017