Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- BoE investigation finds Citi exacerbated sterling flash crash
Dec 07th, 2016 - Sources at the Bank of England have indicated that the official investigation into the sterling flash crash has identified Citi as a culprit.
- Bloomberg launches NDF executable streaming on FXGO
Dec 07th, 2016 - Standard Chartered first to use new technology to increase transparency.
- FCA and HKMA collaborate on fintech
Dec 07th, 2016 - The UK's Financial Conduct Authority and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority enter a Co-operation Agreement to foster collaboration in promoting financial innovation.
- CME Group exec joins Chamber of Digital Commerce Board of Advisors
Dec 07th, 2016 - The Chamber of Digital Commerce appoints CME Ventures' Rumi Morales to its Board of Advisors.
- Euroclear Bank goes live on Taskize
Dec 07th, 2016 - Taskize helps resolve post-trade issues involving multiple counterparties across asset classes.
- Percentile launches tool to address FRTB
Dec 07th, 2016 - Percentile introduces RiskMine FRTB Standardised Calculator.
- Credit Agricole, HSBC and JPMorgan Chase fined EUR 485 million for Euribor fixing
Dec 07th, 2016 - European Commission fines Crédit Agricole, HSBC and JPMorgan Chase € 485 million for euro interest rate derivatives cartel.
- Hong Kong brokers choose Fidessa for Shenzhen Connect
Dec 07th, 2016 - 17 Hong Kong-based brokers have been using Fidessa for the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect link since it went live on 5th December.
- Saxo Bank's 10 'Outrageous Predictions' for 2017
Dec 07th, 2016 - Will this be the year when China exceeds growth expectations, Brexit turns to Bremain, the Mexican peso soars and Italian banks turn out to be the best performing equity asset class? Saxo Bank has released its annual set of 'Outrageous Predictions' for the year ahead.
- Thomson Reuters launches ONESOURCE AEOI
Dec 07th, 2016 - Thomson Reuters launches enhanced solution to address Common Reporting Standard for the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI).
- Equinix to acquire 24 data center sites from Verizon in USD 3.6 billion deal
Dec 06th, 2016 - Transaction brings Equinix's footprint to 175 data centers in 43 markets and approximately 17 million gross square feet across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific markets.
- FlexTrade appoints Aaron Levine Vice President, OEMS Solutions
Dec 06th, 2016 - Adam Levine joins FlexTrade from Bloomberg AIM.
- GoldenSource launches FRTB solution
Dec 06th, 2016 - GoldenSource addresses mounting market risk pressures for banks with FRTB solution.
- Saxo Bank and Phoenix Finance to form strategic partnership
Dec 06th, 2016 - Saxo Bank and fintech firm, Phoenix Finance, sign MOU to form a white label partnership. The integration process will start in Q1 2017.
- Hazelcast and Azul team to deliver SLA assurance for Java-based businesses
Dec 06th, 2016 - Collaboration improves latency and consistency barriers for Java applications.
- CJC launches big data visualisation platform MosaicOA
Dec 06th, 2016 - CJC provides ITOA visualisations for 10 global investment bank with new product, MosaicOA.
- Object Trading integrates DMA platform with uTrade screen
Dec 06th, 2016 - Object Trading adds India, Russia, & Frontier direct market access with uTrade integration.
- FCA proposes clampdown on CFDs
Dec 06th, 2016 - UK's Financial Conduct Authority proposes stricter rules for contract for difference products. Representative analysis finds 82% of clients lose money.
- FXCM US integrates QuantConnect's algo trading platform
Dec 05th, 2016 - FXCM US and QuantConnect announce Live Trading Integration.
- BlackRock's Aladdin integrates ICE Continuous Evaluated Pricing tool
Dec 05th, 2016 - ICE Data Services' Continuous Evaluated Pricing (CEP) has been integrated into BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin risk and enterprise investment system.
- LSEG opens new technology facility in Sri Lanka
Dec 05th, 2016 - London Stock Exchange Group has opened a new technology facility in Sri Lanka.
- Blackstone to buy stake in BTIG
Dec 05th, 2016 - BTIG announces Blackstone Tactical Opportunities strategic investment.
- Reuters algo tracks and verifies breaking news on Twitter
Dec 05th, 2016 - #MachinesForTheWin
- JPX to register and monitor high frequency traders
Dec 05th, 2016 - May I see your license and registration please?
- Metaquotes MetaTrader platform upgrades account protection
Dec 05th, 2016 - MetaTrader 5 web platform update provides two-factor authentication and password change.
- Chief Economist and Division of Economic and Risk Analysis Director to leave SEC
Dec 05th, 2016 - Chief Economist and Division of Economic and Risk Analysis Director Mark Flannery to leave SEC. Scott W. Bauguess to become acting Chief Economist and acting Director of DERA.
- CFTC approves rules for swap dealer capital requirements
Dec 05th, 2016 - CFTC unanimously approves proposed rules establishing swap dealer and major swap participant capital requirements.
- Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect launches
Dec 05th, 2016 - HKEX celebrates launch of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect.
- Thomson Reuters and BestX offer FX transaction cost analysis
Dec 05th, 2016 - BestX to adopt Thomson Reuters FX market data to power the proprietary models in BestX FX Best Execution Analytics application.
- FIA upgrades SEF Tracker data service
Dec 02nd, 2016 - FIA announces major upgrade to SEF Tracker data service.