Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Xignite announces Xignite CloudAlerts API
Feb 11th, 2016 - Xignite CloudAlerts API enables fintech developers to provide real-time market event notifications.
- Nasdaq: Leveraging capital markets essential for Europe to reach its full potential
Feb 11th, 2016 - New report cites recommendations to deliver sustainable growth.
- Europe and US agree Common approach for transatlantic CCPs
Feb 10th, 2016 - Commissioner Jonathan Hill and the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman Timothy Massad have announced a common approach regarding requirements for central clearing counterparties.
- FIA welcomes US-EU accord on CCP equivalence
Feb 11th, 2016 - Statement from FIA President and CEO Walt Lukken regarding the joint announcement by European Commissioner Jonathan Hill and CFTC Chairman Tim Massad that they have agreed on a "common approach" to the regulation of clearinghouses in the U.S. and Europe.
- Industry comment on MiFID II delay
Feb 10th, 2016 - Comment from Delta Capita, Fidessa, Accedian, and Cordium on today's announcement that MiFID II will be delayed until January 2018.
- EC confirms extension of MiFID II until 3 January 2018
Feb 10th, 2016 - The European Commission has proposed a one year extension to the entry into application of the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, or MiFID II.
- BATS Chi-X Europe and Traiana enable OTC equity trade clearing
Feb 10th, 2016 - Firms partner to enable more over-the-counter (OTC) equity trades to be brought on-exchange and fully cleared.
- Linux blockchain initiative announces 30 founding members, receives code proposals
Feb 10th, 2016 - Linux Foundation's Hyperledger Project announces 30 founding members and code proposals to advance blockchain technology.
- Efma announces fintech portal initiative with Microsoft and Avanade
Feb 10th, 2016 - Efma, Microsoft, and Avanade portal to create a platform to bridge the gap between fintechs, banks and insurance companies.
- Hatstand partners with EDM Council
Feb 10th, 2016 - Hatstand partners with the EDM Council to support firms with a best practice framework for Data Management.
- Markit acquires syndicated loan tech from J.P. Morgan
Feb 10th, 2016 - Markit buys loan market tech from JP Morgan to advance straight through processing and trade settlement.
- Bloomberg Professional service integrates automated pre-trade price discovery mechanism
Feb 09th, 2016 - Benchmark solutions fully integrated into the Bloomberg Professional Service. Drives increased transparency and workflow efficiencies for U.S. corporate bonds.
- FCA fines former JP Morgan exec for London Whale communication failures
Feb 09th, 2016 - Former Head of JP Morgan's CIO International, Achilles Macris, fined £792,900 for failing to be open and co-operative with the Financial Conduct Authority.
- GLEIF launches data quality management program
Feb 09th, 2016 - Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation's new data quality management program optimizes integrity of Legal Entity Identifier data pool.
- eWise launches new Aegis platform
Feb 09th, 2016 - eWise announces data management platform Aegis.
- Xignite closes $20m Series C funding round led by QUICK Corp
Feb 09th, 2016 - Strategic round to help fuel fintech growth in Asia and Europe.
- Anova Technologies acquires low latency division of AOptix Technologies
Feb 09th, 2016 - Acquisition expands RF, laser & hardware portfolios and capabilities. Obtains ULL3000 intellectual property, source code, patents and select personnel.
- Tullett Prebon & Synrex to launch joint venture
Feb 09th, 2016 - Tullett Prebon and Synrex combine to form first synthetic real estate auction platform.
- Imperial College London: Insider trading reflected in volume, not price
Feb 09th, 2016 - Recent research from Imperial College London shows how signals in the options market can provide insights on insider trading. 'Chasing Private Information' by Marcin Kacperczyk and Emiliano Pagnotta.
- Victory Networks to offer almax analytics Artificial Intelligence for capital markets
Feb 09th, 2016 - Tech provider for CME Group, Nasdaq, CBOE, Goldman Sachs, BATS, NYSE, ABN AMRO, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and proprietary trading funds to deploy predictive analytics for equities.
- Goldman Sachs and IBM join 13 investors in Digital Asset
Feb 08th, 2016 - The Goldman Sachs Group and IBM join strategic investors to accelerate the adoption of Digital Asset solutions. Brings funding round to more than $60 million.
- Fintech specialists Novitas and FTCL announce merger
Feb 08th, 2016 - Boutique corporate finance firms NovitasPartners and FTCL become NovitasFTCL.
- LiquidityBook appoints CRO
Feb 08th, 2016 - Sean Sullivan named LiquidityBook Chief Revenue Officer.
- Heartwood - European banks: Rising risks but not a repeat of 2011/12
Feb 08th, 2016 - European bank share prices have been under significant pressure this year, giving back 2015's strong performance. Weak investor sentiment has been accentuated by the Bank of Japan's decision to apply negative interest rates on excess reserves, which follows moves already taken by the European Central Bank, Sweden and Denmark. Concerns are increasing that in a climate of negative Interest rates and prolonged dovish monetary policy banks' profitability will be squeezed. Comment from Jaisal Pastakia, Investment Manager at Heartwood Investment Management.
- ECB selects SIA and Colt for T2S connection
Feb 08th, 2016 -SIA and Colt to enable European Central Bank to access the new centralised European platform for the settlement of transactions in domestic and cross-border securities.
- Trade Bank of Iraq selects Misys banking solution
Feb 08th, 2016 - Misys FusionBanking Equation to provide TBI customers with modern banking options, reduces credit, operational and IT risks.
- Andrew Ross named CEO of CurveGlobal
Feb 05th, 2016 - Andrew Ross will join LSE's new futures exchange, CurveGlobal, from Morgan Stanley. BNP Paribas becomes seventh bank shareholder.
- Liquidnet expands EQS Group
Feb 07th, 2016 - Two new hires represent next phase of growth for firm's trading analytics and algo servicing strategies.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters: 'Nosey neighbours'
Feb 06th, 2016 - Is MiFID II really going to force investment firms to pass around huge amounts of personal, identifiable information? Will competitors and counterparties learn way too much about your business? While many of these concerns may be overblown, there are some valid points to consider says Fidessa regulation expert Christian Voigt.
- Automated Trader Update: Firms in hot water over dark pools
Feb 05th, 2016 - SEC fines Barclays & Credit Suisse. Reports on Fintech innovation and blockchain capital markets. DTCC LEI hits milestone, TWSE removes restrictions, ICE third exchange approved, Symbiont taps Gemalto for blockchain security, NYSE market volatility priorities, ICE launches US Treasury index family, Tradeweb announces US ETF platform, IPC acquires Etrali. ITG, GFT, Moscow Exchange, and Nasdaq announce management changes.