Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- CBOE looking to acquire Bats
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Corporate consolidation continues.
- Thomson Reuters offers SEC reporting guidance for US companies post Brexit
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Thomson Reuters has released a special report addressing the Securities and Exchange Commission's disclosure obligations and other related financial reporting issues arising from Brexit for US based public companies with operations in the UK or Europe.
- Nasdaq appoints former Virtu SVP as Global Head of Fixed Income
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Nasdaq names John Shay as SVP and Global Head of Fixed Income and Commodities.
- SIX Securities Services and Clearstream announce partnership
Sep 23rd, 2016 - SIX Securities Services and Clearstream collaborate to address challenging European financial landscape.
- ASX CEO report and statement
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Report on ASX trade outage and statement from ASX Managing Director and CEO, Dominic Stevens.
- Banks pessimistic over UK post-Brexit rights on euro derivatives clearing
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Executives at global investment banks in London predict Brexit will eventually cost the City the right to clear euro-denominated swaps, currently valued at 570 billion USD.
- Thomson Reuters acquires REDI
Sep 22nd, 2016 - REDI or not... you're becoming part of Reuters Eikon.
- KY3P by IHS Markit joins forces with AITEC and AIMA to drive due diligence standard
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Agreement provides centralised platform to support cyber due diligence questionnaire.
- SWIFT examines application of financial business standards to distributed ledger technology and smart contracts
Sep 22nd, 2016 - New paper highlights opportunity for financial industry to coordinate efforts using common messaging and data standards.
- smartTrade Technologies unveils smartAnalytics
Sep 22nd, 2016 - smartTrade Technologies launches smartAnalytics, a cross-asset big data analytics solution.
- TOCOM goes live on Nasdaq technology platform
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Tokyo Commodity Exchange's new system is now integrated with Japan Exchange Group's derivative trading (J-GATE).
- Gresham appoints sales director for Europe
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Gresham names Jim Hannibal as Europe sales director.
- SIX Securities Services and Digital Asset form blockchain partnership
Sep 22nd, 2016 - SIX Securities Services and Digital Asset partner to develop distributed ledger technology for Swiss Financial Market.
- Ancoa becomes a Trayport Certified Software Provider
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Ancoa connects to Trayport's systems to supply Trayport clients with market surveillance capabilities.
- Liquidnet expands execution and quantitative services team
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Two new hires grow the firm's execution consulting service for institutional investors.
- Almax Analytics debuts artificial intelligence engine
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Big Data gets organized with a real-time news analytics system for capital markets.
- WEX enhances algos to handle hidden orders
Sep 21st, 2016 - Wolverine Execution Services enhances SWeep-X and Sweep Spread options algorithms with hidden order functionality.
- TOM announces new CEO
Sep 21st, 2016 - The shareholders of TOM (The Order Machine) announce their intention to appoint Hans Pieterse as CEO.
- Thomson Reuters launches Elektron Managed Services at Equinix NY
Sep 21st, 2016 - Thomson Reuters expands points of presence in the Equinix NY4 International Business Exchange data cente.
- POSIT ITG's Alert delivers enhanced block liquidity with PowerMatch
Sep 21st, 2016 - ITG updates on its PowerMatch functionality. Addition of new Broker Block functionality in POSIT Alert in October.
- JPMorgan Chase partners with InvestCloud for digital wealth management
Sep 21st, 2016 - JPMorgan Chase makes equity investment in InvestCloud, continues firm's collaboration with FinTech.
- Calastone Transaction Network achieves 10,000 trading links milestone
Sep 21st, 2016
- Sopra Steria and Sybenetix to deliver surveillance and compliance services
Sep 21st, 2016 - Sopra Steria partners with Sybenetix to deliver market abuse surveillance and compliance services.
- Eris and Cassini Systems to offer margin savings analysis
Sep 21st, 2016 - Margin savings generated by replacing OTC Swaps with Eris Swap Futures.
- Infront and RSRCHXchange integrate institutional research
Sep 21st, 2016 - Investment research currently available on the RSRCHX platform now accessible to new users via Infront terminals.
- ESMA consults on trading obligation for derivatives
Sep 21st, 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published a discussion paper regarding the trading obligation under the Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR).
- DTCC cuts repository fees for Singapore and Australia
Sep 21st, 2016 - DTCC to reduce trade repository user fees for MAS & ASIC transactions by up to 20% - growth in the global trade repository's user community enables firm to extend cost reductions to clients through efficiencies gained via utility approach.
- 'World's largest' fintech hub to launch in Singapore
Sep 21st, 2016 - A not-for-profit initiative led by Marvelstone Group - LATTICE80 has been working closely with the monetary authority of Singapore, and is set to launch in November.
- Thomson Reuters selected by Tencent subsidiary for AML and KYC solutions
Sep 21st, 2016 - Money Data to use Thomson Reuters risk management products World-Check One and Screening Deployed for WeChat Pay.
- G-SIB US bank selects AxiomSL for regulatory reporting in Europe
Sep 21st, 2016 - G-SIB US bank selects AxiomSL's single platform for capital calculation and regulatory reporting across Europe.