Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Deutsche Boerse launches Xetra data feed
Mar 23rd, 2017 - New market data feed to provide insight into entire Xetra order book. From June 2017, Deutsche Börse will offer the new market data feed CEF ultra+ Xetra Order by Order.
- Burton-Taylor nabs TABB's Andy Nybo as Director of Exchange Vertical
Mar 23rd, 2017 - Burton-Taylor International Consulting, a division of TP ICAP's data & analytics group, has appointed Andy Nybo as Director of its Exchange Vertical research practice.
- Synechron launches Artificial Intelligence solution
Mar 23rd, 2017 - 14 accelerator applications use AI techniques to address challenges such as fraud, margin call management and LCR calculations
- Innovate Finance announces Pitch360 finalists
Mar 23rd, 2017 - Innovate Finance unveils finalists for Pitch360 FinTech startup competition.
- SEC adopts T+2 settlement cycle for securities transactions
Mar 22nd, 2017 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has adopted an amendment to shorten by one business day the standard settlement cycle for most broker-dealer securities transactions.
- Quantlab buys Teza high speed trading tech
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Quantlab Financial announces acquisition of certain technology and intellectual property assets from Teza Group.
- Ullink launches MiFID II trade reporting solution
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Multi-asset solution to help firms comply with post-trade transparency rules set to come into force in 2018.
- Deutsche Bank opens innovation lab in New York
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Deutsche Bank has opened an innovation lab in New York City, its fourth globally.
- Baymarkets launches Clarity platform for RegTech solution delivery
Mar 22nd, 2017 - First two solutions available - Clarity Limit: pre-trade limits & risk checking, and Clarity Hub: multiple CCP interface.
- SET to launch T+2 in March 2018
Mar 22nd, 2017 - The Stock Exchange of Thailand announces target implementation date for the two-day settlement cycle to be March 2, 2018.
- Avaloq partners with Warburg Pincus, creates European Advisory Board
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Warburg Pincus to acquire a 35% shareholding in Avaloq. Transaction values Avaloq in excess of CHF 1 billion.
- AxiomSL and Integration Alpha offer cloud-compliant regulatory reporting solution
Mar 22nd, 2017 - AxiomSL and Integration Alpha strategic partnership offers end-to-end Managed Services for risk and regulatory reporting.
- Thomson Reuters and SAP address compliance and third-party risk challenges
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Integration of World-Check Data with SAP Business Partner Screening offers organizations improved vigilance.
- Bats launches two new indices to measure impact of Brexit on UK companies
Mar 22nd, 2017 - Bats Partners with FactSet to provide Brexit 50/50 Indices ahead of triggering of Article 50.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
Mar 21st, 2017
- Dennis King joins BTIG as MD in Debt Capital Markets.
Mar 21st, 2017 - BTIG adds Debt Capital Markets Expertise with appointment of Dennis King as Managing Director.
- ThinkMarkets launches Greek-language services
Mar 21st, 2017 - Forex and CFD trading provider to support the needs of Greek-speaking traders with online services.
- SmartStream appoints Richard Bowler as CFO
Mar 21st, 2017 - Richard Bowler joins SmartStream as Chief Financial Officer.
- Orebits & Symbiont deploy blockchain to digitize gold ownership
Mar 21st, 2017 - Smart certificates called 'orebits' provide owners of unrefined, proven gold reserves with access to liquidity for a previously illiquid asset.
- Plato Partnership completes deal with Trade Informatics PLIA platform
Mar 21st, 2017 - Plato Partnership signs collaboration agreement with Trade Informatics PLIA. The PLIA platform in Europe will be renamed PLIAPlato as part of the deal.
- TradingScreen signs commercial deal with Tethys Technology
Mar 21st, 2017 - TethysAlgo suite provides TradingScreen customers broker-neutral algos for equities, futures options and FX.
- DTCC's LEI service receives GLEIF accreditation
Mar 20th, 2017 - DTCC'S Legal Entity Identifier service, GMEI Utility, awarded GLEIF accreditation.
- RavenPack launches new platform, secures 5 million USD from Draper Esprit
Mar 21st, 2017 - RavenPack's new platform opens up big data analytics to fundamental and discretionary investors,secures $5 million backing from Draper Esprit, a venture firm involved in creating high-growth technology businesses.
- IBM and SecureKey develop blockchain digital identity network
Mar 20th, 2017 - IBM and SecureKey Technologies are working together to enable a new digital identity and attribute sharing network based on IBM Blockchain.
- NICE Actimize solution automates evidence gathering
Mar 20th, 2017 - NICE Actimize Investigation Management solution automates evidence gathering.
- Anova goes live with patented wireless to fiber arbitration service between Bats and NASDAQ.
Mar 20th, 2017 - Product offers 'self-healing' between disparate transport mediums, ensuring a packet is never dropped in fast markets or inclement weather.
- Thomson Reuters completes Clarient and Avox acquisitions
Mar 20th, 2017 - Acquisitions strengthen Thomson Reuters relationship with DTCC, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, State Street and other clients for compliance solutions.
- FactSet acquires BISAM
Mar 20th, 2017 - FactSet acquires performance measurement and risk management provider BISAM.
- Bats Europe launches buy-side access to new European equities block IOI platform
Mar 20th, 2017 - Buy-side firms now have access to Bats LIS, powered by BIDS technology.
- MarketInvoice appoints Zopa's Giles Andrews as chair
Mar 20th, 2017 - Giles Andrews appointed as MarketInvoice chairman of the board of directors.