Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Saxo Bank announces partnership with Lufax
May 27th, 2016 - Saxo Bank has announced a new white label partnership with Lufax, the Chinese internet finance company.
- SSGA issues SPDR ETFs on Euroclear's FundSettle platform
May 27th, 2016 - State Street Global Advisors announces issuance of SPDR ETFs on multiple Euroclear bank platforms.
- Non-bank becomes top 10 FX market maker for the first time
May 27th, 2016 - Electronic market maker XTX Markets has been named as the fourth largest spot FX trader by Euromoney.
- MAS recognises CME as clearing house
May 27th, 2016 - CME Group granted Recognised Clearing House status by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- HKEX to launch futures and options on PBoC's Chinese Yuan basket
May 26th, 2016 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEX) intends to offer futures and options on a proxy for the widely followed "CFETS" index.
- Instinet Europe names Richard Parsons CEO
May 26th, 2016 - Richard Parsons to succeed current CEO Adam Toms.
- Thomson Reuters pledges support for FX Global Code
May 26th, 2016 - First phase of global code published by the Bank for International Settlements to raise standards of conduct in the FX market.
- FX Working Group releases global code of conduct
May 26th, 2016 - The Foreign Exchange Working Group (FXWG), established by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), has published its initial guidelines for a global code of conduct for the FX market.
- BlackRock launches MBS bond ETF in Europe
May 26th, 2016 - BlackRock is launching an exchange traded fund (ETF) in Europe, to invest in US mortgage-backed securities.
- UniCredit to issue ETFs with SIX Swiss Exchange
May 26th, 2016 - SIX Swiss Exchange welcomes European commercial bank UniCredit as a new issuer of exchange-traded funds.
- Nasdaq debuts Nasdaq Financial Framework
May 26th, 2016 - New harmonized approach of entire technology portfolio provides market operators tech functionality across full trade lifecycle.
- Flow Traders selects Corvil for analytics and compliance
May 26th, 2016 - Corvil has been chosen to provide real-time monitoring and analytics for Flow Traders, the liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products.
- MTS expands data coverage for European government bond market
May 26th, 2016 - Enhanced offering includes government bond data from Central European countries and Israel.
- SGX in exclusive discussions with Baltic Exchange
May 26th, 2016 - Singapore exchange to enter into exclusive discussions with the Baltic Exchange regarding a cash offer for 100% of the share capital.
- Bloomberg unveils Entity Exchange platform
May 26th, 2016 - Bloomberg revamps counterparty onboarding process with Entity Exchange.
- FTSE Russell survey signals smart beta turning point for asset owners
May 26th, 2016 - 72% of asset owners are using or actively evaluating smart beta. 62% with existing smart beta allocations evaluating additional indexes . Percentage using five or more smart beta indexes up 10 fold in 2 years . Europe leads in smart beta index adoption.
- Convergex launches 'blueprint for growth'
May 26th, 2016
- Broadridge announces executive appointments in APAC
May 26th, 2016 - David Becker joins as head of Asia Pacific and Yoshiyuki Hoshino appointed as COO of Japan.
- Neptune integrates into Fidessa's buy-side OMS platform
May 26th, 2016 - Neptune's open standard utility is now connected to its first OMS provider to offer buy-side access to liquidity.
- Citibank NA and Japanese affiliates to pay 175 million USD for benchmark abuses
May 25th, 2016 - Citibank, N.A. has been subject to three CFTC enforcement actions for benchmark abuses (FX, ISDAFix, and LIBOR) imposing a total of $735 million in penalties and requiring extensive remediation.
- CFTC fines CitiBank for USD ISDAFIX infringements
May 25th, 2016 - CFTC orders Citibank to pay $250 million for attempted manipulation and false reporting of U.S. dollar ISDAFIX benchmark swap rates.
- Endace joins STAC Benchmark Council
May 25th, 2016 - Endace presents results of a field study comparing the accuracy of GPS and PTP timing in WAN environments at STAC Summits in London, Chicago and New York.
- GPP deploys RSRCHXchange research platform
May 25th, 2016 - Global Prime Partners selects RSRCHXchange to access institutional research.
- Object Trading enables Montreal Exchange access via TMX
May 25th, 2016 - Object Trading Platform goes live at TMX Group's co-location centre for Montréal exchange access.
- ICE promotes Mayur Kapani to CTO
May 24th, 2016 - Intercontinental Exchange promotes Mayur Kapani to Chief Technology Officer.
- IPC Systems now providing connectivity to Hotspot
May 24th, 2016 - Customers can now leverage IPC for connectivity to institutional FX Market.
- Credit Suisse selects FIS Derivatives Utility
May 24th, 2016 - Credit Suisse has selected the Derivatives Utility from FIS for its post-trade futures and cleared over-the-counter derivatives operations and technology.
- Instinet names Mark Govoni president of US Brokerage
May 24th, 2016
- ITG launches PowerMatch for POSIT Alert
May 24th, 2016 - ITG has announced the launch of PowerMatch and PowerScore, new features on ITG's block crossing network, POSIT Alert.
- CMC Markets launches new API technology
May 24th, 2016 - CMC Markets targets growth of institutional business with new API connectivity