Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- SEC to open debate on order protection rule
Apr 17th, 2015 - Securities and Exchange Commission puts Rule 611 at centre of the first meeting for its equity market structure committee.
- Bloomberg outage a combination of hardware and software failures
Apr 17th, 2015 - Bloomberg experienced a combination of hardware and software failures in the network, which caused an excessive volume of network traffic.
- Laura Morrison joins BATS from NYSE
Apr 17th, 2015 -BATS appoints Laura Morrison as SVP, global head of ETPs.
- Fidessa named Trading Platform of the Year at Asian Banker awards
Apr 17th, 2015 - Fidessa wins Trading Platform of the Year at award Asian Banker Financial Markets Awards 2015.
- BATS to launch second U.S. options exchange
Apr 17th, 2015 - BATS targets November 2015 launch for EDGX Options.
- Automated Trader Update: When the TradeTech circus comes to town
Apr 17th, 2015 - AT reports from TradeTech Europe, ITG Analytics launches, Colt introduces extranet, Cinnober & Ancoa partner. JWG on post Easter Islands, Heartwood reports on M&A's, JSE & Eris partner, SocGen deploys ICE CDS Clearing, Solactive announces wearable tech index, Startupbootcamp FinTech names Singapore finalists, Bondcube platform goes live, OneTickCLOUD launches, Euronext selects Horizon platform. BATS, BOX, Custom Connect, & LCH.Clearnet people in the news.
- EEX & OptionsCity broaden connectivity
Apr 17th, 2015 - European Energy Exchange selects OptionsCity Software to expand access to Power Derivatives Market.
- Tradition appoints Robert Pickel to TraditionSEF Board
Apr 17th, 2015 - Tradition names former ISDA CEO Bob Pickel as non-executive director to the board of TraditionSEF.
- FIA releases SEF Tracker report for February
Apr 17th, 2015 - This issue of FIA SEF Tracker includes data from February 2015 for interest rate, credit default and foreign exchange products. The issue also includes a spreadsheet containing the underlying data going back to January 2014.
- Jordan & Jordan appoints Daniela Leggiadro as director
Apr 17th, 2015 - Daniela Leggiadro to lead market data expense management for Jordan & Jordan.
- Thomson Reuters launches AskTRPS
Apr 17th, 2015 - Thomson Reuters price challenge tool allows users to raise evaluated pricing inquiries via customer interface.
- TAIFEX wins Asian Banker Award
Apr 16th, 2015 - TAIFEX wins Financial Derivatives Exchange of the Year at the Asian Banker Financial Markets Awards 2015.
- CNP Assurances deploys SimCorp Dimension platform
Apr 16th, 2015 - CNP Assurances uses SimCorp Dimension to optimise the management of its financial assets.
- Themis Trading appoints managing director-sales
Apr 16th, 2015 - Davor Beverin, Wall Street veteran, joins Themis Trading as managing director-sales.
- Interactive Data to provide corporate actions data for TORA Prism
Apr 16th, 2015 - Interactive Data selected to provide corporate actions data for TORA Prism in award-winning database. Latest release of eSignal now available.
- OptionsCity partners with GFI Group's EnergyMatch
Apr 15th, 2015 - EnergyMatch partners with OptionsCity to provide clients with enhanced transparency and liquidity across energy derivatives.
- SGX response to MAS query re possible trading link
Apr 15th, 2015 - Singapore Exchange responds to Monetary Authority of Singapore query in relation to reports on market rumour on a possible stock trading link.
- SR Labs announces support for new IEX TOPS data feed
Apr 15th, 2015 - SR Labs announces support for new IEX Top of Book Quote Feed.
- Advent releases first round of 2015 product upgrades
Apr 15th, 2015 - Advent upgrades Geneva, Advent Portfolio Exchange (APX), Moxy, Advent Rules Manager, Tamale, and Advent Revenue Center.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch teams up with EidoSearch Predictive Analytics
Apr 15th, 2015 - Bank of America Merrill Lynch selects EidoSearch as a premier partner to expand the BOA Merrill Open Minds alternative research platform.
- BSO Network Solutions and DGCX announce partnership
Apr 15th, 2015 - BSO Network Solutions and DGCX partnership delivers enhanced derivatives trading in the Middle East
- Launch of the Solactive Wearable Tech Performance Index
Apr 15th, 2015 - Solactive expands its line-up of tech indices to include wearable electronics business.
- IBA launches LBMA Gold Price consultation
Apr 15th, 2015 - ICE Benchmark Administration launches consultation for LBMA Gold Price.
- New EU islands to explore post Easter! - JWG analysis
Apr 15th, 2015 - We're used to watching our document trackers spin out of control in so-called 'quiet' times. As we wrote in January, the last 2 weeks of 2014 year saw global FS regulators pump out over 4,000 pages....
- JSE and Eris Exchange announce swap futures licensing partnership
Apr 15th, 2015 - Johannesburg Stock Exchange to launch interest rate, cross-currency and credit default swap futures based on the Eris Methodology.
- TradeTech Europe 2015: Market ecosystem adapts
Apr 15th, 2015 - Buy side should probably accept HFT firms are here to stay, while also recognising how new challengers could disrupt equity business models.
- Oslo Bors invites large equity orders to North Sea dark pool
Apr 14th, 2015 - Oslo Børs will offer new dark pool functionality via its trading system from 20 April 2015.
- BOX Options appoints new CEO and president
Apr 14th, 2015 - Ed Boyle named CEO & Lisa Fall named president.
- Custom Connect appoints CFO
Apr 14th, 2015 - Custom Connect names Jochem In 't Velt as chief financial officer.
- Broadridge launches trade expense managed service
Apr 14th, 2015 - Service expands post-trade managed services platform for trade expense analytics, standardization and process optimization.