Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Schauble refuses to back down on Transaction Tax
Jul 23rd, 2016 - You can get it if you really want... but you must try, try and try...
- SIP to receive latency reduction... in 2017
Jul 22nd, 2016 - Painting racing stripes on Securities Industry Processor to increase speed.
- Quantopian hires Dragan Skoko as Head of Trading
Jul 22nd, 2016
- Automated Trader Update: Worst ever hand at Scrabble
Jul 22nd, 2016 - TWSE and JPX list TAIEX index futures on OSE, FCA reviews dark pools, Thomson Reuters & Imperial College to research Fin/RegTech, ITG debuts Smart Market Indicator Forecast app, Thomas Reuters adds futures & options app for commodities, Liquidnet announces Targeted Invitations, KBW and Nasdaq launch KFTX, Corvil to build platform for Pico. TMX & PIMCO announce appointments, EBS BrokerTec CEO steps down.
- COO Cathryn Lyall departs LSE's CurveGlobal
Jul 21st, 2016 - Cathryn Lyall leaves CurveGlobal ahead of its September 26 go live. Steven Hamilton appointed interim COO. LCH's Richard Walker joins as Head of Business Development.
- ETF Securities launches first Gold ETCs on Euroclear's Fundsettle platform
Jul 21st, 2016 - Gold Bullion Securities (GBS) and ETFS Physical Gold (PHAU) now available to mutual fund investors via FundSettle platform.
- DTCC's Avox adopts Amazon Web Services cloud
Jul 21st, 2016
- Preqin: Hedge fund managers see opportunities in Europe in Q2
Jul 21st, 2016 - 16% of funds launched in Q2 target the region, while UCITS-compliant funds represent largest ever proportion of launches in the quarter.
- FCA publishes thematic review into dark pools
Jul 21st, 2016 - Firms operating dark pools have made significant progress in addressing the promotion and the management of conflicts of interest according to a new report from the Financial Conduct Authority.
- TRADEcho APA available on Colt PrizmNet
Jul 21st, 2016 - TRADEcho's multi asset APA solution for pre- and post-trade reporting goes live with Colt PrizmNet.
- HTG to acquire operations of Kottke Associates
Jul 21st, 2016 - HTG Capital Partners to acquire the introducing broker, money management and proprietary trading businesses of Kottke Associates.
- EBS BrokerTec CEO to step down
Jul 21st, 2016 - ICAP announces that Gil Mandelzis has decided to step down as CEO of EBS BrokerTec.
- ITG launches ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App
Jul 21st, 2016 - ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App offers online portal of trading tools/ideas for the institutional trading community.
- GoldenSource opens Paris office
Jul 20th, 2016
- PIMCO appoints Manny Roman as next CEO
Jul 20th, 2016 - Former Co-CEO of GLG Partners and CEO of Man Group joins PIMCO as Chief Executive Officer.
- NRI adds new functionality to I-STAR Suite
Jul 20th, 2016 - New feature from Nomura Research Institute will enable increased engagement in post-trade activities and respond to JPX's derivatives trading system.
- Thomson Reuters and Imperial College London in FinTech & RegTech research partnership
Jul 20th, 2016 - Joint research projects harness latest data science techniques to address big data challenges impacting financial and legal professionals.
- Thomson Reuters adds futures and options execution app for commodities traders in Eikon
Jul 19th, 2016 - Commodities traders can execute futures and options directly from Thomson Reuters Eikon using OptionsCity Software app.
- Mawer selects Markit TCA
Jul 19th, 2016 - Mawer Investment Management selects Markit Transaction Cost Analysis service.
- ESMA advises on extension of funds passport to 12 non-EU countries
Jul 19th, 2016
- ESMA publishes updated AIFMD Q&A
Jul 19th, 2016
- NICE Actimize signs agreement with Tableau, launches Visual Analytics Solution
Jul 19th, 2016 - Actimize Visual Analytics offers business intelligence to provide insights into financial crime and compliance risk.
- Liquidnet launches targeted invitations for fixed income
Jul 19th, 2016 - Liquidnet's Fixed Income Targeted Invitations tool unlocks hidden corporate bond liquidity.
- Certeco and Scila collaborate on trading surveillance market
Jul 19th, 2016 - Certeco and Scila address regulatory demands that companies implement robust high quality surveillance systems.
- Pico deploys Corvil to build platform for European markets
Jul 19th, 2016 - Pico expands relationship with Corvil to meet the new demands of European financial markets.
- Deutsche Bank GTB names SWIFT as preferred partner for ILR
Jul 19th, 2016 - Deutsche Bank Global Transaction Banking names SWIFT as preferred partner for Intraday Liquidity Reporting
- CLS and Quandl to distribute aggregated FX trade data
Jul 19th, 2016 - CLS Group and Quandl provide standardized and aggregated FX trade reports via subscription.
- TMX Group appoints CIO
Jul 19th, 2016 - Jay Rajarathinam to join TMX Group as Chief Information Officer.
- JPX launches Nasdaq powered technology suite
Jul 19th, 2016 - Japan Exchange Group launches new Nasdaq powered technology suite for Osaka Exchange.
- TWSE and JPX list TAIEX index futures on OSE
Jul 19th, 2016