Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Deutsche Boerse participates in 'Digital Growth Fund I'
Feb 20th, 2017 - Deutsche Börse Group invests in first German growth fund for B2B-software companies.
- CLS and TriOptima compress USD1 trillion in FX forwards and swaps
Feb 20th, 2017 - The last two cycles have reduced more than USD200 billion. Second phase of service to enable compression and offset trades in the same cycle.
- Preqin launches portfolio management solution
Feb 20th, 2017 - Preqin launches Preqin Solutions, a cloud-based tool to streamline portfolio management for private capital fund managers and investors.
- Redline Trading Solutions expands in New York City
Feb 20th, 2017 - Redline Trading Solutions doubles New York City office.
- EU financial transaction tax faces yet more roadblocks
Feb 20th, 2017 - This time insurance firms and pension funds are the problem.
- McKay Brothers distributes OSE data in Singapore
Feb 17th, 2017 - McKay Brothers International distributes Osaka Securities Exchange market data on its Quincy Extreme Data service.
- EBS BrokerTec selects Nasdaq SMARTS surveillance tech
Feb 17th, 2017 - EBS BrokerTec chooses Nasdaq's SMARTS system to perform surveillance in the US Treasuries, FX and US & EU repo markets.
- OpenFin raises 15 million USD from J.P. Morgan and NEX Group
Feb 17th, 2017 - OpenFin financial desktop applications firm raises USD 15 Million, led by J.P. Morgan, Euclid Opportunities, Bain Capital Ventures and others.
- Automated Trader Update: Blockchain reaction - PTDL, EquiChain, KPMG and Microsoft
Feb 17th, 2017 - PTDL survey predicts mainstream blockchain in 5 years, EquiChain, SETL, KPMG and Microsoft announce blockchain products, Preqin: hedge funds best start since 2013, MAS starts Data Analytics Group, January SEF Tracker online, ICE to buy TMX Atrium, Euronext Chequers service launches, Saxo introduces Banking Circle Virtual IBAN. Convergex, Cinnober, Colt, and OpenDoor announce appointments.
- CBOE acquisition of Bats expected to close February 28
Feb 17th, 2017 - Transaction receives final remaining European regulatory approval. Three Bats Directors to join CBOE Holdings Board. Election deadline for Bats stockholders set for February 24.
- Nasdaq announces new leadership for Fixed Income and Post-trade in the Nordics and Baltics
Feb 16th, 2017 - Fredrik Ekström takes responsibility for Nordic Fixed Income and Nasdaq Clearing, Julia Haglind new President of Nasdaq Clearing, Arminta Saladziene new Head of Securities Services and Chairman of Broker Services' Board of Directors.
- Major global transaction banks now live with SWIFT gpi
Feb 16th, 2017 - ABN AMRO, Bank of China, BBVA, Citi, Danske Bank, DBS Bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, ING Bank, Intesa Sanpaolo, Nordea Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and UniCredit now exchanging SWIFT gpi payments across 60 country corridors.
- ICBC (Asia) adopts Thomson Reuters FXall and Electronic Trading
Feb 16th, 2017 - ICBC (Asia) begins 24-hour streaming support to Thomson Reuters FXall on Electronic Trading.
- Diamonds mark engagement
Feb 16th, 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with the Multi Commodity Exchange of India to launch spot and derivatives contracts on diamonds in India.
- KPMG and Microsoft announce new 'Blockchain Nodes'
Feb 16th, 2017 - First joint blockchain nodes open in Frankfurt and Singapore; will identify new applications and use cases for blockchain technology.
- Convergex appoints Robin Strong as MD
Feb 16th, 2017 - Convergex expands European footprint in preparation for MiFID II.
- ICE to buy TMX Atrium
Feb 15th, 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange announces agreement to acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- SETL launches Global Engineering Centre, expands technology team
Feb 15th, 2017 - Blockchain specialist recruits ten new staff to support international expansion.
- Preqin: Hedge funds start 2017 with gains of 1.40 per cent
Feb 15th, 2017 - Industry continues run of positive performance with best start to a year since 2013.
- Euronext launches new collateral and liquidity risk management service
Feb 15th, 2017 - Euronext Chequers service brings together collateral transformation, risk analytics and inventory management for all asset classes.
- Euronext and AX Trading announce European block trading MTF
Feb 15th, 2017 - Europe's first 'proactive' liquidity seeking venue scheduled for launch in mid-2017.
- Egypt and Sydney Exchanges sign MOU
Feb 15th, 2017 - The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and Sydney Stock Exchange (SSX) sign a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Saxo Payments launches Banking Circle Virtual IBAN
Feb 15th, 2017 - Saxo Payments launches multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional banking solution for FX & payments businesses.
- Moody's buys SCDM's finance data and analytics business
Feb 15th, 2017 - Moody's acquires structured finance data and analytics business of SCDM.
- Bats One Premium market data now available through FactSet
Feb 15th, 2017 -FactSet now provides Bats One Premium's five levels of quoted depth, trade information.
- Pragma adds block trading and pairs capabilities to Pragma360
Feb 14th, 2017
- Singapore's MAS sets up Data Analytics Group
Feb 14th, 2017 - Monetary Authority of Singapore's Data Analytics Group to unlock insights, enhance the supervision of financial institutions, make regulatory compliance more efficient, and improve efficiency.
- Cinnober appoints Citi's Patrick Tessier as COO
Feb 14th, 2017 - Cinnober forms management team for new subsidiary, Patrick Tessier joins as COO.
- Colt appoints Andrew Housden as VP of Capital Markets
Feb 14th, 2017 - BT Global Services' Andrew Housden joins Colt to lead its go-to-market strategy for Capital Markets in Europe, Asia and North America.
- NRI Secure adds machine learning tech to NeoSOC
Feb 14th, 2017 - Nomura Research Institute's NRI Secure incorporates machine learning technology into NeoSOC security monitoring service.