Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Citigroup ATS LavaFlow settles for $5mn charge
Jul 25th, 2014 - New York-based LavaFlow has agreed to pay $5 million to settle the SEC's charges, including a $2.85 million penalty that is the agency's largest to date against an ATS.
- Automated Trader Update: Industry reshuffle and colo fair play
Jul 25th, 2014 - AT Q2/Q3 edition out, co-lo services in headlines, DFS proposes BitLicense regs, SIFMA on cybersecurity, SWIFT KYC adds banks, Interactive Data & Eze address AIFMD, IRESS harnesses Twitter, Thompson Reuters partners with BGC, OANDA releases xTrade Mobile 4.0, Omgeo partners with Unavista. O'Malia leaves CFTCC - joins ISDA. Vendors, brokers, exchanges and regulators announce appointments.
- Barclays and New York Attorney General in tit for tat
Jul 25th, 2014 - Barclays says New York Attorney General complaint not justified.
- ECB hacked - contact information stolen
Jul 25th, 2014 - ECB says email addresses and contact data stolen from its public website, theft from database separate from any internal system, and no market sensitive data compromised.
- INDATA releases industry white paper on big data
Jul 24th, 2014 - INDATA releases industry white paper entitled, 'The Era of Big Data: Implications for Investment Managers.'
- ICE completes sale of Wombat to SR Labs
Jul 24th, 2014 - Intercontinental Exchange finalises sale of Wombat Financial Software to SR Labs
- SWIFT publishes whitepaper on intraday liquidity management
Jul 24th, 2014 - SWIFT announces the availability of a new whitepaper on the challenges of managing intraday liquidity reporting against the backdrop of evolving regulatory requirements.
- LME and Colt launch dedicated network
Jul 24th, 2014 - The London Metal Exchange and Colt Technology Services collaborate to launch LMEnet.
- FIX supports FX market efficiency with TESI extension
Jul 24th, 2014 - FIX Trading Community has extended the Trading Enablement Standard Initiative to include foreign exchange enablement.
- Eze Software launches AIFMD reporting solution
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Eze OMS enhances Regulatory Filings Manager to simplify AIFMD reporting process.
- Trading Technologies appoints Robbie McDonnell EVP Global Sales
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Trading Technologies appoints Robbie McDonnell EVP Global Sales.
- Thomson Reuters partners with BGC to increase OTC data coverage
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Expanded range of BGC Partners over-the-counter data available via Eikon and Elektron with new market data distribution & access model.
- Algo-Logic Systems launches Key/Value Search solution for datacentres
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Altera and Algo-Logic Systems collaborate to deliver algorithmic KVS solutions enabling 150 MSPS at 100 Gbps line rate.
- BCS expands London team
Jul 23rd, 2014 - BCS Financial Group appoints Matthieu Ressencourt as managing director and head of Equity Derivatives Trading in London.
- OANDA releases fxTrade Mobile 4.0 for iPad
Jul 23rd, 2014 - OANDA adds new features to iPad app, moves away from 'one-size-fits-all' approach to mobile trading.
- Former CFTC commissioner O'Malia appointed CEO of ISDA
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Scott O'Malia joins International Swaps and Derivatives Association as Chief Executive Officer.
- GreySpark appoints Stephane Lannoy
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Stephane Lannoy to lead Greyspark's APAC Pre-Trade Risk Control practice.
- Omgeo partners with LSE's Unavista for matching synthetic equity swaps
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Omgeo and UnaVista connection facilitates tri-party matching by combining workflows.
- BATS Global Markets announces departure of William O'Brien
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Joe Ratterman, CEO, reassumes additional role of president.
- SIFMA issues cybersecurity statement
Jul 23rd, 2014 - SIFMA statement on cybersecurity recommendations in 9/11 commission report.
- Markit appoints head of investor relations
Jul 23rd, 2014 - Matt Kolby joins Markit from Deutsche Bank.
- Colocation scrutiny targets fair access
Jul 23nd, 2014 - Regulators are concerned about colocation services associated with high frequency trading amid allegations of unfair competitive practices.
- Six additional banks join SWIFT's KYC Registry initiative
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Barclays, Deutsche Bank, Erste Group Bank AG, HSBC, ING and Raiffeisen Bank join SWIFT's KYC Registry.
- Abacus Group hires ConvergEx Exec as CFO
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Jonathan Bohrer joins Abacus from ConvergEx.
- Allston appoints former CFTC Commissioner Jill Sommers to Board
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Former CFTC Commissioner Jill Sommers joins Alston Holdings Board of Managers.
- HKEx appoints Head of market operations
Jul 22nd, 2014 - HKEx names Roger Lee as head of its new Market Operations group, Brian Chan resigns as co-head of EFIC.
- b-next appoints Head of International Projects
Jul 22nd, 2014 - b-next appoints Christoph Böhmerle as Head of International Projects and Business Development Manager.
- Thomson Reuters calculates benchmarks for three African economies
Jul 22nd, 2014 - EMTA selects Thomson Reuters to provide currency benchmarks for Kenya, Ghana, and Zambia.
- EDI makes African Central Bank data available
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Exchange Data International's African Financial and Economic Data Service now includes African Central Bank economic data reported directly from source.
- Souza Barros Securities selects Convergex's ConnEx
Jul 22nd, 2014 - Souza Barros Securities outsources FIX connectivity and monitoring operations to ConvergEx Group's ConnEx.