Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Fidessa blog: The train on platform MiFID 2 is delayed by one year
Nov 25th, 2015 - Fidessa's Steve Grob considers the implications of the likely one year delay of MiFID 2.
- Saxo Bank signs partnership with JSC Galt & Taggart
Nov 25th, 2015 - Saxo Bank agrees new white label partnership with JSC Galt & Taggart, a wholly owned investment banking subsidiary of Bank of Georgia Holdings listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- S&P & SNL: Risk exposure exceeds 75% of world gross domestic product at G-SIBs
Nov 25th, 2015 - S&P Capital IQ and SNL research shows concentrated financial risk as the world's 30 global systematically important banks have $59.759 trillion in exposures; the top 20 banks account for 83% of that total.
- Chi-X Australia's warrants trading platform commences
Nov 25th, 2015 - First step in Chi-X's investment products initiative.
- CFTC unanimously approves proposed rule on automated trading
Nov 24th, 2015 - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission unanimously approves proposed rules that mark a comprehensive regulatory response to the evolution of automated trading on U.S. designated contract markets (DCMs).
- Thales announces Datacryptor 5000 Series
Nov 25th, 2015 - Thales delivers high performance, low latency data protection for data in transit.
- Eurex offers Trade Entry Services to US customers
Nov 24th, 2015 - As of 16 November 2015, Eurex Trade Entry Services (TES) are available to customers based in the U.S.
- SIFMA announces key findings of the Quantum Dawn 3 cybersecurity exercise
Nov 24th, 2015 - SIFMA releases a summary of the key findings derived from its Quantum Dawn 3 cybersecurity exercise held on Sept. 16. Cybersecurity exercise encouraging, but vigilance essential.
- ITG launches POSIT Alert for India and Taiwan
Nov 24th, 2015 - Institutional block liquidity platform now available in 10 Asia Pacific countries and 36 countries globally.
- Altera announces Functional Safety Lockstep solution
Nov 24th, 2015 - Altera Functional Safety package combines FPGA flexibility with Lockstep processor solution.
- Management transition at Kx Systems
Nov 24th, 2015 - Janet Lustgarten to become chairwoman of Kx Systems, Brian Conlon appointed CEO, Mark Sykes named COO.
- Investec deploys Calastone Transfer Service
Nov 24th, 2015 - Investec Wealth & Investment goes live with Calastone Transfer Service.
- LSE ELITE Connect investor relations platform goes live
Nov 23rd, 2015 - London Stock Exchange Group's Elite Connect investor relations platform goes live.
- Interactive Data adds GTRA swaps feed from Bloomberg, CME, DTCC, ICE
Nov 25th, 2015 - Interactive Data to make Global Trade Repository Analytics' (GTRA) normalized swap data available via consolidated feed.
- DTCC's 'Data as a Service' offering now live
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Top-tier bank is the first to subscribe and go live on new fixed income, government securities division data feeds.
- Redline enters fixed income market with InRush for Nasdaq eSpeed
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Redline's InRush accelerated ticker plant now supports Nasdaq eSpeed, a fully executable central limit order book for electronic trading in U.S. Treasuries.
- BCS Global Markets appoints two non-executive directors
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Bradley Duke and Alex Romer-Lee appointed as non-executive directors to BCS UK board
- Team LMAX Exchange wins third leg of round the world race
Nov 23rd, 2015
- Source to launch physical ETF platform
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Source is launching a new physical fund platform in alliance with Legal & General Investment Management.
- Colt: Financial IT leaders choose intuition over hard data
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Study commissioned by Colt shows that 76% of European financial services IT leaders place high value on data for making technology decisions - yet 64% will defer to personal judgement and experience when making strategic decisions.
- Thomson Reuters integrates Zawya Financial Products into Eikon
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Thomson Reuters increases investor insight into MENA Markets with integration of Zawya Financial Products into Eikon.
- Exegy improves performance and features for derivatives markets
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Exegy enhances Exegy Ticker Plant and Exegy Market Data System.
- FIX introduces new open technical resource
Nov 23rd, 2015 - FIX Trading Community announces new open technical resource to facilitate software development.
- Fidessa blog: Can't see the wood for the regulatory trees?
Nov 20th, 2015
- ICAP's EBS BrokerTec and SGX announce collaboration
Nov 20th, 2015 - Agreement to launch SGX FX block futures on EBS Market.
- Integral expands senior team in New York, London and Tokyo
Nov 20th, 2015 - Soren Haagensen, Alan Scott, and Takashi Ozeki appointed to senior postitions at Integral in New York, London and Tokyo.
- TORA enhances OEMS
Nov 20th, 2015 - TORA unveils new order and execution management solution.
- OANDA - Discipline and risk management top of mind for FX retail traders in 2016
Nov 20th, 2015 - OANDA has surveyed traders to uncover what is most critical to their trading performance and provide tips for new traders. The findings also challenge misconceptions about the risk appetite of retail FX traders.
- Kyobo Securities deploys SunGard Global Network
Nov 20th, 2015 - Kyobo Securities selects SunGard's connectivity and market data solutions to boost brokers' global trading reach.
- Automated Trader Update: As long as you've got your (cyber) health
Nov 20th, 2015 - Fintech: Innovate partners Hogan Lovells, Nomura opens Tokyo centre, JWG helps RBS. Cyber Health check advised, CEINEX launches, GMEX CMF approved, WFE educates, Accedian explains time. ICE to buy Trayport, Greyspark opens in NY, S&P and SNL provide R&R to EU banks. SR Labs, Clearstream, Nomura, EBS, and BGS announce appointments.