Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- CEU announces PhD program in network science
Oct 24th, 2014 - Central European University launches one of world's first doctoral programs in network science.
- Automated Trader Update: How do you solve a problem like an algo?
Oct 24th, 2014 - AT Q3 features on European regulation fragmentation, Asean integration, Fidessa comments on Asian superbrokers. Is Algo trading ungovernable? EC fines banks for cartel operations, IIROC announces HFT study, SFC & CSRC sign MoU, Azul comments on Java, Goldman Sachs & Bloomberg messaging, new Bitcoin Exchange announced, Quantopian plans hedge fund, Turquoise Block discovery goes live, AQX connects to Squawker.
- Risk & Volatility Index Dashboard
Oct 23rd, 2014 - S & P Dow Jones Indices Risk & Volatility Index Dashboard
- DTCC: cyber attack is the principal concern of financial institutions
Oct 23rd, 2014 - DTCC issues white paper with key recommendations to strengthen resiliency from cyber attack.
- CEU Professor contributes to study that shows technology spreads like disease
Oct 23rd, 2014 - A dataset recording Skype-spreading dynamics gives evidence of media and social interactions in innovation adoption.
- KVH announces etherXEN for SoftLayer network service
Oct 23rd, 2014 - KVH to offer private network service to IBM SoftLayer cloud environments.
- SIX regulatory coverage to include SFC products for HK clients
Oct 23rd, 2014 - SIX Financial Information services Hong Kong investors with SFC authorised investment products data.
- Neonet selects Commcise for CMS
Oct 23rd, 2014 - Neonet partners with Commcise for Commission Management Solution
- truEx selects CameronTec for FIX monitoring & testing
Oct 22nd, 2014 - trueEX adopts CameronTec's FIX monitoring & testing solutions.
- Tradeweb adopts Thomson Reuters Accelus Org ID KYC managed service
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Tradeweb deploys Accelus Org ID to enhance its Know Your Customer processes.
- ConvergEx's Westminster Research Associates releases new Commission Management Platform
Oct 22nd, 2014 - ConvergEx Group's Westminster Research Associates releases new Commission Management Platform.
- TABB report says 70% of buy-side investors expect futures trading volumes to increase during next 12 months
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Buy-side firms say futurisation of swaps will gain additional traction in 2015, that rising volatility positively influences futures trading activities.
- Traiana launches Harmony CCP Connect for Equities and completes first trade
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Credit Suisse, J.P. Morgan and Instinet to use Traiana to clear OTC equity trades at LCH.Clearnet and EuroCCP.
- R3COGNITION launches market abuse system
Oct 22nd, 2014 - CME Rule 575 market abuse solution identifying disruptive activity launched ahead of FIA Expo.
- European Commission fines banks €32.3 million and €61.6 million for operating cartels
Oct 22nd, 2014 - Commission settles cartel on bid-ask spreads charged on Swiss Franc interest rate derivatives; fines four major banks €32.3 million. Settles RBS-JPMorgan cartel in derivatives based on Swiss franc LIBOR; imposes €61.6 million fine on JPMorgan.
- IRESS integrates Markit's TCA offering
Oct 22nd, 2014 - IRESS clients gain access to Markit's Transaction Cost Analysis tools.
- Eris Exchange to connect to CQG
Oct 21st, 2014 - CQG to offer new full service connectivity to Eris Exchange.
- BATS Chi-X Europe expands into Turkish stocks
Oct 21st, 2014 - BATS Chi-X Europe will now offer trading across 16 markets.
- AQX Securities connects to Squawker
Oct 21st, 2014 - Execution Services Provider AQX Securities connects to Squawker's cash equities negotiation platform.
- CISI warns against IT staff vetting loophole
Oct 21st, 2014 - Government must close massive loophole on vetting financial services IT staff if it is serious about combatting cybercrime, says CISI.
- SIFMA publishes 'Principles for Effective Cybersecurity Regulatory Guidance'
Oct 21st, 2014 - SIFMA publishes members' insight on productive ways to harmonize and create effective cybersecurity regulatory guidance.
- REGIS-TR reaches milestone with over 1 billion transaction reports
Oct 21st, 2014 - More than 200 million transaction reports processed in September 2014 .
- ISE announces KCG as new Primary Market Maker
Oct 21st, 2014 - KCG Americas becomes Primary Market Maker on ISE.
- FINRA's CRO asks whether algo trading is 'ungovernable'
Oct 21st, 2014 - Carlo di Florio, FINRA Chief Risk Officer and Head of Strategy, remarks at NSCP 2014 National Conference, Washington, October 20, 2014.
- Algorithmes de type Franḉais
Oct 21st, 2014 - Anne Plested, Fidessa's head of regulation change, considers the ramifications of a French definition of an algo.
- Independent Reserve launches Bitcoin Exchange
Oct 21st, 2014 - New Sydney based Bitcoin Exchange launched as interest rises in digital currency.
- Jefferies hires wealth management team
Oct 21st, 2014 - Adam Shafiroff, Laurence Shafiroff and Morgan McLanahan join Jefferies from Barclays.
- IBA publishes LIBOR paper
Oct 21st, 2014 - ICE Benchmark Administration publishes Position Paper on the evolution and enhancement of ICE LIBOR.
- OneVue taps into Calastone network
Oct 21st, 2014 - OneVue joins Calastone to streamline delivery of its unit registry service.
- Bank of England to review RTGS disruption
Oct 21st, 2014 - Bank of England statement - Independent review into RTGS payment system disruption