Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Compliance regulations: Store more. Detect more. Prevent more
Jul 27th, 2016 - Compliance regulations have never been tighter in the financial services industry. The Senior Managers Regime, Certification Regime, Conduct Rules, Market Abuse Regulation, MiFID II; the list goes on. Take, for example, the Market Abuse Regulation, which came into force on July 3rd. This states that even an attempted market manipulation must be flagged. By Mark Harrington, Compliance Practice Consultant Global Banking & Financial Markets, BT
- Hyperledger Project adds six more members
Jul 27th, 2016 - BNP Paribas, Bubi, Colu, Korea Securities Depository, Libra and TMX Group join Hyperledger blockchain technology project.
- Software AG applies Digital Business Platform to operationalize blockchain
Jul 27th, 2016 - Digital Business Platform provides access to, visibility into, and action on Blockchain apps. Enables real-time monitoring and analytics of Blockchain transactions and events.
- Euronext signs strategic agreement with Tredzone
Jul 27th, 2016 - Euronext deploys Tredzone technology for Optiq trading platform, takes 34% stake in Tredzone.
- US investor Steve Cohen makes USD 250 million investment in Quantopian
Jul 27th, 2016 - Steve Cohen taps Quantopian to manage assets using crowd-sourced investment algorithms.
- FlexTrade appoints Director of Sell-Side OMS Technologies
Jul 27th, 2016 - FlexTrade announces the appointment of former Citi and Bloomberg exec Shane Remolina as Director of Sell-Side OMS Technologies, North America.
- KCG to acquire Neonet
Jul 27th, 2016 - Acquisition of Neonet to extend KCG's reach in Europe.
- Interactive Brokers upgrades platform, adds block trading
Jul 27th, 2016
- ESMA issues draft technical standards on MAR
Jul 27th, 2016
- LSEG/Deutsche Borse merger: minimum acceptance threshold exceeded
Jul 27th, 2016
- State Street to pay USD 382 million for hidden FX rate markups
Jul 27th, 2016 - Securities and Exchange Commission: State Street misled custody clients about prices for foreign currency exchange trades.
- BSO connects CME with Moscow, Dubai and Mumbai
Jul 27th, 2016 - BSO launches three new trading routes between Chicago and other hubs.
- Thursday's SGX outage was due to a failed hard drive
Jul 26th, 2016 - Whatever happened to redundancy?
- SwipeStox teams up with FXCM
Jul 26th, 2016 - SwipeStox adds online broker Forex Capital Markets to its mobile social trading network.
- EdgeConneX to provide cloud connectivity to Amazon, Azure and Google
Jul 26th, 2016 - EdgeConneX, Comcast Business, Datapipe and Megaport partner to bring the cloud local to Boston enterprises.
- RSJ selects ACTIV X-ray for tick data analytics
Jul 26th, 2016 - ACTIV Financial leverages big xyt's cloud platform for access to tick data and scalable testing of trading models.
- UnaVista offers LEI Allocation service
Jul 26th, 2016 - LEI Allocation service enables infrastructure providers to offer LEI service using UnaVista's technology.
- UK and Korea form fintech partnership
Jul 26th, 2016 - New FinTech bridge will support international expansion of UK and Korean FinTech firms. ￼
- Osaka Exchange introduces new derivatives trading platform and extends trading hours
Jul 26th, 2016 - MOAR speed, MOAR trades!
- Markit iBoxx launches infrastructure bond indices
Jul 26th, 2016
- Tullet Prebon selects CME messenger service
Jul 26th, 2016 - Tullett Prebon's tpMESSENGER service selects CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform to support open communication.
- Shenzen Stock Exchange improves latency
Jul 26th, 2016 - Not exactly fast, but getting there.
- ICICI and AXIS banks join SWIFT initiative
Jul 25th, 2016 - ICICI and AXIS first Indian banks to join SWIFT's global payments innovation initiative.
- E*TRADE to acquire OptionsHouse for USD 725m
Jul 25th, 2016 - E*TRADE announces acquisition of OptionsHouse.
- EdgeConneX joins Host in Ireland as strategic partner
Jul 25th, 2016 - Host in Ireland also appoints EdgeConneX Chief Architect and Vice President of Innovation, Phill Lawson-Shanks, to Its Executive Committee.
- ESMA publishes updated Q&A on CFDs and other speculative products
Jul 25th, 2016
- BGC Partners appoints ICAP's Dean Berry
Jul 25th, 2016 - BGC Partners to add Dean Berry to its Global Electronic and Hybrid Execution Team.
- NYSE successfully petitions to simplify process for actively managed ETFs
Jul 25th, 2016
- TOCOM physical market for gold launches
Jul 25th, 2016 - Tokyo Commodity Exchange's physical market for gold launches today.
- Schauble refuses to back down on Transaction Tax
Jul 24th, 2016 - You can get it if you really want... but you must try, try and try...