Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Automated Trader Update: Much ado about something
Jan 30th, 2015 - ETFs in the news, Swaps reform blowbacks in US, Dodd Frank collateral damage, Themis blogs on MMI, FIA PTG on market structure reform. Paper thin electronics coming soon. BATS to buy Hotspot, SGX & Bursa Malaysia become FBOTs, JPX and SGX launch Co-Lo service, Aequitas completes industry test, GMEX takes stake in Avenir, ICAP announces Scrapbook, ATS OpenBondX to launch, Misys introduces FusionBanking lending.
- Sapient survey reveals derivatives clearing concerns
Jan 30th, 2015 - Industry utility model cited as a potential solution to overcoming operational cost, complexity and commoditization of clearing services.
- Goldman Sachs AM publishes results of annual Australian retail investor survey
Jan 30th, 2015 - Goldman Sachs Asset Management survey reveals Australian retail investors unprepared for potential volatility in financial markets.
- ￼Elsen raises $400,000 in seed funding for fintech platform
Jan 30th, 2015 - Elsen offers platform for massively-parallel, GPU- accelerated processing of financial calculations.
- TheCityUK launches new ASEAN Market Group
Jan 30th, 2015 - ASEAN Market Group will identify trade and investment opportunities and priorities between the UK and the ASEAN region.
- National securities law firm investigates licensure of Coinbase's Bitcoin Exchange
Jan 30th, 2015 - Tripp Levy is investigating Coinbase Inc. for alleged false and misleading statements at launch, and possible artificial inflation of Bitcoin price.
- Redline partners with IEX on new TOPS data feed
Jan 30th, 2015 - Redline Trading Solutions and IEX partner for launch of TOPS data feed.
- LedgerX seeks regulatory approval to run bitcoin exchange and clearing house
Jan 29th, 2015 - LedgerX files with CFTC to operate bitcoin options exhange and clearing house.
- Velocimetrics and Solace Systems announce tech partnership
Jan 29th, 2015 - Velocimetrics announces technology partnership with Solace Systems.
- Triglav Group chooses SimCorp Dimension
Jan 29th, 2015 - Triglav Group selects SimCorp's software solution.
- QB and RiskVal deliver advanced fixed income tradiing platform
Jan 29th, 2015 - Quantitative Brokers and RiskVal partner to create a unified fixed income trading platform.
- Ullink accelerates FIX certification with FixSpec
Jan 29th, 2015 - Ullink's NYFIX deploys FIX onboarding through fully automated certification.
- IG Group launches Sunday trading offering
Jan 29th, 2015 - IG to be first platform to offer Sunday trading, clients able to trade select equity, binary and Bitcoin markets.
- BNP Paribas wins T2S mandates from Italian banks
Jan 29th, 2015 - BNP Paribas Securities Services to provide custody, settlement and liquidity services to four Italian banks.
- UK's Business Secretary announces partners in the Alan Turing Institute
Jan 29th, 2015 - Five universities selected to lead the Alan Turing Institute announced by Rt. Hon. Dr Vince Cable, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- KVH to provide connectivity service to JPX & SGX
Jan 29th, 2015 - KVH to delivers low latency exchange-to-exchange connectivity with JPX-SGX Co-Location Direct.
- CFTC Commissioner Giancarlo releases proposal for alternative CFTC's swap trading regulatory framework on TabbFORUM.com
Jan 29th, 2015 - Commissioner to discuss proposal today in keynote at TabbFORUM Fixed Income Conference, "Perfect Storm: Navigating the Confluence," in New York.
- Calypso to support BCBS/IOSCO requirements for margin on non-cleared derivatives
Jan 29th, 2015 - Calypso platform to support BCBS/IOSCO requirements for margin on non-cleared derivatives.
- Bondcube becomes FINRA broker/dealer member
Jan 29th, 2015 - Bondcube becomes FINRA broker/dealer member, will now apply to the SEC to become an ATS.
- Natixis joins EurexOTC Clear
Jan 29th, 2015 - Natixis becomes first French bank to join Eurex Clearing's Securities Lending CCP.
- First Derivatives Delta Factory solution now available on MongoDB
Jan 29th, 2015 - First Derivatives deploys reference data management solution MongoDB for capital markets information processing.
- Platts launches Market Data Direct
Jan 28th, 2015 - Platts launches new real-time global commodity prices and data service.
- ECB risks buying high as QE unleashed
Jan 28th, 2015 - European banks set for free lunch as QE may lead to purchase of poor quality assets.
- CFTC Commissioner: 'End-users are collateral damage of Dodd-Frank reforms'
Jan 28th, 2015 - Keynote address by CFTC Commissioner J. Christopher Giancarlo, Commodity Markets Council, State of the Industry Conference, Miami, Florida: 'End-users were not the source of the financial crisis: stop treating them like they were.'
- BATS to acquire Hotspot FX
Jan 28th, 2015 - BATS Global Markets agrees to acquire the Hotspot FX Market in a transaction valued at $365 million.
- New Canadian exchange Aequitas completes first industry test
Jan 28th, 2015 - Activ Financial, Integrated Transaction Systems, IRESS, Thomson Reuters and ITG Canada participate in Aequitas' successful industry test weekend, ahead of its March 2015 trading launch.
- JPX and SGX launch Co-Location Direct service
Jan 28th, 2015 - Japan Exchange Group and Singapore Exchange Co-Location Direct service to commence April 2015.
- ATS OpenBondX to launch in Q1 2015
Jan 28th, 2015 - New ATS OpenBondX provides electronic fixed income markets with 'all-to-all' system and hybrid trading protocol.
- GMEX Group takes stake in Avenir Technology
Jan 28th, 2015 - Complementary products will provide a complete end-to-end market infrastructure ecosystem solution.
- Millennium IT scoops new head of sales from Nasdaq
Jan 27th, 2015 - MillenniumIT appoints Lorne Chambers as head of Sales and Marketing.