Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- FINRA issues spoofing and layering cards
Apr 29th, 2016 - New equities supervision reports are designed to help firms spot and halt potential manipulation.
- UnaVista partners with Kaizen Reporting for QA solution
Apr 29th, 2016 - Since 2009, 180 million transactions identified in FCA enforcement notices under MiFID regulation with valid but incorrect data. UnaVista partners with Kaizen Reporting to offer industry quality assurance solution.
- Automated Trader Update: Fintech in Frankfurt
Apr 29th, 2016 - DB announces Frankfurt FinTech hub, Startupbootcamp introduces EIR program, NYSE Amex debuts ByRDS, Almax Analytics closes seed round, Digital Asset acquires Elevence, Itau joins R3, ICAP deploys OpenFin HTML5, Computershare and SETL in blockchain partnership, Broadridge launches partner program, MOEX taps CQG for FX, TRAX announces MiFID transparency tool. Options, LCH, and Seabury announce appointments.
- Seabury Global Markets makes investment in Spotex
Apr 28th, 2016 - Companies enter multi-year relationship to leverage Seabury's resources to expand distribution of Spotex products and services.
- ICE/Trayport merger faces in-depth investigation
Apr 28th, 2016 - CMA says ICE could use its ownership of Trayport's software to raise prices and/or reduce the quality of its service to rival exchanges, brokers and clearinghouses in order to divert its rivals' trades to ICE's exchange and clearinghouse and/or to protect its market position from increased competition.
- LME launches LMEshield
Apr 28th, 2016 - First warehouse receipt issued by Henry Bath & Son on behalf of BNP Paribas Arbitrage.
- TABB: European equity markets being recast by regulatory-driven shockwaves
Apr 28th, 2016 - TABB Group Research study details how capital constraints, MiFID II rules surrounding research unbundling, and new dark trading rules are transforming European equity markets.
- UK pips Singapore as second largest offshore RMB clearing centre
Apr 28th, 2016 - 40% of all payments made between the UK and China/Hong Kong are exchanged in RMB according to SWIFT.
- ESMA publishes responses to the consultation on MAR guidelines
Apr 28th, 2016
- Euronext expands ETF activity to London
Apr 28th, 2016 - ETF issuers can now access UK investor base. First trading participants on Euronext London include Société Générale and Kepler Cheuvreux.
- Computershare and SETL announce joint blockchain initiative
Apr 28th, 2016 - SETL and Computershare to establish securities ownership registers using distributed ledger technology.
- Tradition to launch Elixium trading platform in May 2016
Apr 28th, 2016 - Platform to launch next month to provide access to collateralised liquidity. Roberto Verrillo, Gabriele Frediani, Nick Van Overstraeten and Iona J Levine appointed to management team.
- Pontus Networks releases Zing edition of Thread Manager
Apr 28th, 2016 - Joint Pontus/Azul solution helps reduce the risk of FX Market Arbitrage by enhancing FX application performance and reducing peak latencies.
- Axioma appoints Sunay Shah as Head of Multi-Asset Class Solutions for EMEA
Apr 27th, 2016 - Sunay Shah and Neil Richards join Axioma's European sales team.
- SEC seeks public comment on CAT
Apr 28th, 2016 - SEC seeks public comment on plan to create a consolidated audit trail.
- Oracle Japan offers free access to quake stricken Kumamoto
Apr 28th, 2016 - Oracle announces free access to Oracle Social Cloud and matching gift program for disaster response efforts in the region.
- JPX taps Cinnober for risk monitoring
Apr 28th, 2016 - Japan Exchange Group expands partnership with Cinnober to include risk monitoring.
- SGX and China Construction Bank sign capital markets MOU
Apr 27th, 2016 - Singapore Exchange partners China Construction Bank to promote Singapore's capital markets.
- Record number of companies join LSEG's ELITE
Apr 27th, 2016 - 16 new UK companies and 30 from Italy join ELITE as first UK cohort graduates. More than 380 companies, 150 advisors, and 100 investors now part of growing ELITE community.
- Deutsche Borse launches FinTech hub in Frankfurt
Apr 27th, 2016 - Deutsche Börse supports Frankfurt Fintech cluster initiative. Four start-ups to move into new Frankfurt offices.
- Ullink connects clients to trueEX SEF
Apr 27th, 2016 - Ullink's UL Bridge to provide real-time access and onboarding to trueEX platform.
- Broadridge launches Global Solutions Partner Program
Apr 27th, 2016 - Industry veteran Ira Newman appointed to lead Broadridge's Solutions Partner Program.
- HKEX rolls out risk management system for derivatives
Apr 27th, 2016 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing launches Pre-Trade Risk Management system for derivatives market.
- Nasdaq launches QA platform Nasdaq Validator
Apr 27th, 2016 - New technology solution accelerates time-to-market with testing and quality assurance.
- First Derivatives partners with Thomson Reuters for streaming analytics
Apr 27th, 2016 - Thompson Reuters deploys First Derivatives' Kx technology for Velocity Analytics platform.
- Hargreaves Lansdown goes live with Calastone Settlement Service
Apr 27th, 2016 - Hargreaves Lansdown deploys Calastone's settlement solution.
- CQG provides MOEX with equities and FX trading
Apr 26th, 2016 - CQG's Continuum connects with Moscow Exchange for equities and FX trading.
- VoiceBase deploys Solace for audio and video recording analysis
Apr 26th, 2016 - Message routers help voicebase index and analyze millions of minutes of speech per month.
- Seabury Group launches Seabury Global Markets, names president and CEO
Apr 26th, 2016 - Seabury Group expands financial technology product offering, distribution and support. Industry veteran Rob Fleschler named President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Moscow Exchange announces FX market enhancements
Apr 26th, 2016