Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Royal Bank of Canada to pay $35 million penalty for illegal wash sales, fictitious sales, and noncompetitive transactions
Dec 19th, 2014 - Canadian Bank traded single stock futures and narrow-based stock index futures on OneChicago futures exchange.
- Renaissance Capital appoints CEO for Turkey office
Dec 19th, 2014 - Ilgin Erdogan appointed CEO of Renaissance Capital's Turkey office.
- BCBS issues consultative document
Dec 19th, 2014 - The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision issues consultative document on remaining issues related to its review of the trading book.
- IMA responds to ESMA's advice on MiFID II
Dec 19th, 2014 - The Investment Management Association (IMA) issues statement in response to ESMA's (European Securities and Markets Authority) advice on MiFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive).
- ESMA provides implementing rules for MiFID II
Dec 19th, 2014 - The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published its final technical advice (TA) and launches a consultation on its draft regulatory technical and implementing standards (RTS/ ITS) regarding the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) and Regulation (MiFIR).
- Automated Trader Update: Last year's trades belong to last year's markets
Dec 19th, 2014 - Market ride at year's end, Yellen named Person of the Year, Bullish forecast for 2015, FIA PTG starts 'whiteboard' series, BoE stress tests results, HFT studies from Bank of Canada & ESMA, Plato consortium working on non-profit utility trading platform, Dhaka Exchange goes live, Netagio launches USD & EUR books, invstr 2.0 app for iOS8 announced, Markit and Thunderhead.com partner, Rakuten joins TT's MultiBroker, Liquidnet selects BNP Paribas.
- eVestment- a look at top institutional investor stock bets
Dec 19th, 2014 - Tech firms hold top 3 spots in new eVestment report.
- Financial Stability Oversight Council requests comment on asset management products and activities
Dec 19th, 2014 - Council seeks public comment on potential financial stability risks related to liquidity and redemptions, leverage, operational functions, and resolution.
- CFTC hits CTA with $5.6 million penalties
Dec 19th, 2014 - Federal Court orders AlphaMetrix, to pay $5.6 million in restitution and penalties. FINRA fines Wells Fargo Advisors $1.5 million for anti-money laundering failures.
- SEC names Deputy Directors in the Division of Trading and Markets
Dec 19th, 2014 - Gary Barnett and Gary Goldsholle named as deputy directors in the SEC's Division of Trading and Markets
- IIROC publishes academic papers on impact of HFT
Dec 19th, 2014 - Results to shed light on HFT impact on market quality and integrity.
- Janus launches Asian and Japanese equity funds
Dec 19th, 2014 - Janus Capital Group expands fund offering with the launch of Asian and Japanese equity funds.
- Options appoints CFO
Dec 19th, 2014 - Options names former KPMG Director Brian McKimm as Chief Financial Officer.
- Thomson Reuters integrates Proposal Generation tool with PriceMetrix FeeCheck
Dec 18th, 2014 - Thomson Reuters selects PriceMetrix to enhance proposal generation service for wealth managers.
- Fidessa on ESMA HFT report - 'Slave to a label?'
Dec 18th, 2014 - Dr. Christian Voigt, Fidessa's regulation expert, has written a blog raising some concerns - most notably, that the report doesn't use either of ESMA's proposed definitions for HFT in the MiFID II consultation paper.
- IEX selects Kx Systems' kdb+ software for its data platform
Dec 18th, 2014 - Kx Systems to provide kdb+ software for IEX data platform.
- EBS selects Delta Stream for Data Analytics as a Service
Dec 18th, 2014 - EBS selects Delta Stream for Data Analytics as a Service.
- Consortium backs European non-profit trading platform
Dec 18th, 2014 - Major investment banks are pushing the idea of trading venue as utility with data and profits to benefit European market structure research.
- 2015 will be a year of 'tempered optimism' says Investec Wealth & Investment
Dec 18th, 2014 - 2015 is set to be a year of 'tempered optimism', according to Vision 20151, a new report on key trends and market developments for the year ahead from Investec Wealth & Investment.
- CEO and MD of US Broker-Dealer plead guilty to massive international bribery scheme
Dec 18th, 2014 - Senior Venezuelan banking official received at least $5 million in bribes in exchange for directing business to U.S. defendants.
- ESMA publishes report on HFT activity in EU equity markets
Dec 18th, 2014 - ESMA report looks into extent of High FrequencyTrading activity in EU equity markets.
- Wall Street names Janet Yellen 'Person of the Year' and issues bullish forecast for 2015
Dec 17th, 2014 - Survey of financial industry professionals identifies new Fed Chair as greatest influencer of capital markets in 2014. Equities: More than three-quarters of respondents expect continued new highs, more volatility. Commodities: Oil prices seen to rebound from 2014 freefall.
- FIA PTG releases new analytical series - Whiteboard
Dec 17th, 2014 - New Whiteboard series from FIA Principal Traders Group will examine market data.
- NetJapan and Kroll Ontrack announce strategic partnership
Dec 17th, 2014 - Backup and disaster recovery providers join forces to offer enhanced solutions for Microsoft Exchange Server in Europe, Asia and the United States.
- FIA EPTA blog - High Frequency Trading or High Frequency Technology
Dec 17th, 2014 - High frequency trading has been a hot topic for debate this year, as well as the focus of regulators' attention, but are we talking about the wrong thing? By Johannah Ladd, Secretary General, FIA European Principal Traders Association.
- HFT hits US treasuries liquidity during major news
Dec 17th, 2014 - Bank of Canada research finds that high frequency activities have a negative effect on liquidity in US treasuries around economic announcements but improve price efficiency.
- Liquidnet chooses BNP Paribas for back office services
Dec 17th, 2014 - BNP Paribas Securities Services selected by Liquidnet to provide suite of back office services.
- Metamako hires former Wombat COO for NY office
Dec 17th, 2014 - Former NYSE Tech exec hired to open new Wall Street office for Metamako.
- CMS and three FCM banks sign for Duco
Dec 17th, 2014 - China Merchants Securities and three major FCM banks sign for Duco at end of year.
- Gary Barnett to leave CFTC for SEC
Dec 17th, 2014 - DSIO Director Gary Barnett will depart the CFTC in January to take up a senior position with the SEC.