Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- LSEG/DB merger - Potential sale of LCH SA by London Stock Exchange Group
Sep 28th, 2016 - LSEG to address EC concerns over Deutsche Börse merger with potential sale of LCH SA.
- GTX to launch London and Tokyo matching engines
Sep 28th, 2016 - New Data Centers to improve regional access, create single, global order book.
- Equiniti appoints head of Blockchain R&D
Sep 28th, 2016 - Dr Michael Foley announced as head of Blockchain R&D for Equiniti.
- Gator Trading selects Rival Risk platform
Sep 28th, 2016 - Gator Tradingmigrates onto Rival Risk platform for enterprise risk management solution
- FastMatch joins IPC's FX Hub
Sep 28th, 2016
- Blockchain demonstration shows potential loan market improvements
Sep 28th, 2016 - Credit Suisse, Ipreo, Symbiont, R3 convene proof of concept for syndicated loan efficiencies.
- FIA releases SEF Tracker for August 2016
Sep 28th, 2016 - Total trading volume on SEFs averaged $430.4 billion per day during the month of August, with an increase of 5.7% from the previous month and 14.6% from August 2015. Trading activity in interest rate products bounced back from a slow July, but credit volume reached its lowest level since February 2014.
- EBS Brokertec launches EBS Live Ultra
Sep 28th, 2016 - EBS BrokerTec, ICAP's electronic foreign exchange and fixed income business, has gone live with its FX data product EBS Live Ultra.
- LME to cap maximum rates on warehouses
Sep 28th, 2016 - London Metal Exchange to implement charge-capping as final part of warehouse reforms package.
- SWIFT - New ways for banks to simplify payment routing data
Sep 28th, 2016 - New paper outlines opportunities to rationalise BICs and centralise the internal routing of payments.
- OTCXN closes Series A round for blockchain-based P2P FX Trading Platform
Sep 28th, 2016 - OTC Exchange Network (OTCXN) has announced the closing of its Series A round of financing.
- Post-Quantum hires former Fidessa and Datastream executives
Sep 28th, 2016 - Cyber-security firm Post-Quantum appoints Angie Walker and Ian Salmon to Global Head positions.
- Startupbootcamp launches FinTech accelerator program in India
Sep 28th, 2016 - ICICI Bank, ICICI Lombard, RBL Bank, AZB & Partners and PwC join as founding institutions in program's expansion to India market.
- Kite's Blocktribe provides blockchain recruitment service
Sep 28th, 2016 - Kite Consulting Group launches Blocktribe to source dedicated blockchain recruitment roles
- ITG launches Volume Participation Forecasting tool
Sep 27th, 2016 - ITG's online tool forecasts market volumes every 15 minutes during the trading day.
- Baltic Exchange shareholders approve acquisition by SGX
Sep 27th, 2016 - Baltic Exchange shareholders vote in favour of acquisition by SGX
- SEC fines Merrill Lynch USD 12.5 million for mini-flash crashes
Sep 27th, 2016 - Merrill Lynch charged with trading controls failures that led to mini-flash crashes.
- Saxo announces new order execution model for FX and CFD Indices
Sep 27th, 2016 - Saxo Bank is launching a new order driven execution model for FX Spot, FX Forwards and CFDs on Indices and Commodities.
- J.P. Morgan joins ICE Clear Singapore
Sep 27th, 2016
- Luxembourg launches first green exchange
Sep 27th, 2016 - Luxembourg Green Exchange (LGX) goes live today.
- BNC & RIMES to distribute bitcoin pricing and analytics
Sep 27th, 2016 - BraveNewCoin and RIMES partner to distribute end-of-day cryptocurrency pricing and analytics to RIMES' clients.
- SWIFT expands FX portfolio with new business insights information service
Sep 27th, 2016 - HSBC first to adopt the new service, which enables performance measurement over time based upon activity share.
- Boat announces Boat Oasis platform
Sep 27th, 2016 - Boat Service adds insurance offering to portfolio, shared service specifically designed for the insurance industry,
- ITG announces key hires in FX and Analytics
Sep 27th, 2016 - ITG names Ruben Costa-Santos as Director and Head of FX and Andre Nogueira as a Director on the Analytics Team.
- R3 and eight banks trial Intel blockchain tech for bond trading
Sep 26th, 2016 - R3, Intel and eight R3 consortium member banks successfully test distributed ledger prototype for bond transactions using Intel Sawtooth Lake technology.
- Five new members join Hyperledger Project
Sep 26th, 2016 - Aesthetic Integration, BLOCKO Inc., Hangzhou Fuzamei Technology, PDX Technologies and Zhejiang Shuqin Technology join Hyperledger blockchain initiative.
- CBOE confirms Bats acquisition for USD 3.2 billion
Sep 26th, 2016 - CBOE expects to utilize Bats' proprietary trading technology by migrating trading in all of the combined company's markets onto a single platform.
- BT announces BT Compute for Microsoft Azure
Sep 26th, 2016 - BT joins forces with Microsoft to simplify hybrid cloud.
- LMAX Exchange expands in New York
Sep 26th, 2016 - LMAX Exchange, the MTF for FX, has launched its North American matching engine in the Equinix IBX data centre in New York.
- Major banks launch steering group for blockchain payments
Sep 26th, 2016 - Group members unite to create Global Payments Steering Group (GPSG), the first rules-based blockchain payments network.