Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- QuantConnect and Tradier collaborate to democratize quant trading
May 27th, 2015 - Tradier's API powers QuantConnect's open source algorithmic trading strategies platform for quant traders.
- Preqin: 92% of hedge fund industry capital concentrated among top 11% of fund managers
May 27th, 2015 - The 570 firms that make up the $1bn Club, hedge fund managers that have amassed at least $1bn in assets, now control $2.78tn in assets out of the total $3.16tn* for the industry
- ICAP Securities appoints SVP of Fixed Income Product Initiatives
May 27th, 2015 - ICAP Securities names Ted Bragg as SVP of Fixed Income Product Initiatives.
- Hong Kong hedge fund embraces SimCorp's front office
May 27th, 2015 - LIM Advisors to utilize SimCorp Dimension for a full front, middle and back office platform.
- GFT's survey of experts: customers drive digitalisation in financial services but transformation still needs time
May 27th, 2015 - What do banks think about digitalisation? What are their goals? What do they regard as the obstacles in their way? GFT posed these questions to banks in several nations.
- #GDTRM15: Machine learning is the new C++
May 27th, 2015 - Derivative quants are finding that finance is shifting from statistical modelling to big data analytics.
- RMB ranks #1 in Asia Pacific for payments with Greater China
May 27th, 2015 - SWIFT's RMB Tracker shows that the RMB is now the most active currency used by Asia for payments with China and Hong Kong.
- Ullink expands reach to India
May 27th, 2015 - Kotak Institutional Equities selects Ullink connectivity solution.
- Linedata: Global FATCA clock starts ticking for fund management industry, warns Linedata
May 27th, 2015 - The first returns deadline under US FATCA is this Sunday 31st May, however Linedata, the software and technology provider, warns that FATCA's global equivalent, the OECD Common Reporting Standards, will pose even more burdensome regulatory hurdles.
- Shanghai Stock Exchange, China Financial Futures Exchange and Deutsche Borse to launch new company
May 27th, 2015 - Joint venture: 'China Europe International Exchange' to develop and market financial instruments based on Chinese underlyings to international investors outside mainland China.
- ESMA calls for modification of UCITS Directive
May 26th, 2015 - The European Securities and Markets Authority publishes an Opinion to the European Union institutions on the impact of EMIR on UCITS.
- LME broadens access to electronic trading
May 26th, 2015 - Proposal to extend LMEselect access to category 3 and 4 members, increase flexibility to application criteria for LME members, introduce pre-trade risk management system on LMEselect, and implement rulebook provisions relating to incentive schemes.
- LCH.Clearnet launches buy-side clearing of FX derivatives in Europe
May 26th, 2015 - European offering expands on ForexClear's US client clearing model. Four banks signed up as clearing brokers.
- FTSE starts transition to include China A Shares in global benchmarks
May 26th, 2015 - Two new transitional emerging markets indexes launched. Approximately 5% initial A Shares weighting in the FTSE Emerging inclusion indexes, rising to 32% when China A Shares become fully available to international investors.
- FundBPO live on Calastone's network
May 26th, 2015 - Australian independent fund administrator, FundBPO, joins Calastone's transaction network.
- FTSE to upgrade PEX to Frontier market status
May 26th, 2015 - FTSE group has informed the Palestine Exchange of its possible upgrade to frontier market status during the next classification review on September 2015.
- ICAP selects Abide Financial for regulatory reporting
May 26th, 2015 - Abide Financial selected as REMIT regulatory reporting partner for ICAP Energy.
- NanoSpeed launches new FPGA - Nano-Gateway
May 26th, 2015 - NanoSpeed claims fastest trading FPGA on the market.
- Automated Trader Update: Come together, right now, over derivatives
May 22nd, 2015 - AT reports from GDTRM Amsterdam. Banks plead guilty to FX misdemeanours, Banks partner for Visible Alpha. Smart beta research from FTSE Russell, post trade FIX use increasing, SWIFT forum polling results, GFT on BCBS239 behemoth, FIA addresses 'leap second', NYSE launches Bitcoin Index, ICAP debuts CNH Hub, ITG becomes Bondcube intermediary, Wall Sreet Horizon partners with Lucera, Thomson Reuters launches e-learning suite, BATS overhauls ETF tariffs, CRYEX selects Cinnober. Broadridge, Startupbootcamp Fintech, and LCH.Clearnet announce appointments.
- ISE appoints two new board members
May 22nd, 2015 - Eric Levine and Tyler Sorba join International Securities Exchange board of directors.
- TABB Group - 'European Swap Trading: Slow and Steady Wins the Race?'
May 21st, 2015 - European swaps market delays yielding benefits to end users as final MiFID rules emerge, says TABB.
- Broadridge to acquire Fiduciary Services and Competitive Intelligence business from Thomson Reuters
May 21st, 2015 - Acquisition will expand Broadridge's mutual fund data and reporting solutions.
- Thomson Reuters & SimCorp enhance Dimension users' access to pricing, reference content
May 21st, 2015 - Adapter brings configurable, transparent datascope pricing & data solution to SimCorp buy-side clients.
- CLS shareholders elect four new board directors
May 21st, 2015 - CLS Bank makes four new senior appointments to its board of directors.
- ICAP e-Commerce launches US Agency Securities matching engine
May 21st, 2015 - New service powered by premier ICAP US Agency Securities desk.
- #GDTRM15: Flash crash trader case proves gaps in surveillance - CFTC
May 21st, 2015 - CFTC commissioner Mark Wetjen says chronic underfunding has led to inadequate surveillance and proposes partnering with exchanges. Peter Barker reports from the Global Derivatives Trading and Risk Management conference.
- #GDTRM15: Remarks by CFTC commissioner Mark Wetjen
May 21st, 2015 - Applying the Insights of Joseph de la Vega's Confusion de Confusiones to Today's Derivatives Markets - a Case for More Transparency
- Buy-side algo trading volume downticks for first time in five years as commission wallets decline, says TABB Research
May 21st, 2015 - First of three-part 11th Annual Institutional Equity Trading Study reveals perfect storm of compliance demands, execution quality, tech issues driving firms to replace OMS/EMSs.
- euNetworks launches new Frankfurt to Zurich route
May 21st, 2015 - Route extends euNetworks existing London to Frankfurt route to Equinix's ZH2 IBX data centre in Zurich.
- Lawsky to quit NYDFS
May 21st, 2015 - Benjamin M. Lawsky to depart NYDFS after four years serving as the agency's first superintendent.