Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Joint effort announced for OTC swaps margin utility
Jul 07th, 2015 - Leading global banks, service providers and market infrastructures create new hub for end-to-end margin processing
- Avelacom announces London - Moscow latency route: 37.15ms
Jul 07th, 2015 - Avelacom Telecom route will provide quicker access to the Russian and CIS financial market and provide access to key datacentres in the Russian capital.
- Jim Turley joins DTCC board
Jul 07th, 2015 - DTCC elects Jim Turley of Deutsche Bank to board of directors at annual shareholders meeting.
- LCH.Clearnet appoints head of US Repo Clearing
Jul 07th, 2015 - John Vinci joins LCH.Clearnet from BNY Mellon.
- GMEX and Eurex to launch new interest rate CMF product in August
Jul 07th, 2015 - As of 7 August 2015, GMEX will provide a Euro-denominated innovative IRS Constant Maturity Future (CMF) for trading and clearing on Eurex.
- ITG launches new Best Market Server
Jul 07th, 2015 -ITG's Best Market Server 2.0 Optimizes cross-border liquidity access for US-Canadian interlisted stocks.
- WFE appoints head of Regulatory affairs
Jul 07th, 2015 - The World Federation of Exchanges names FCA's Gavin Hill as head of Regulatory Affairs. Appointment is 2nd key 2015 hire as WFE builds capacity at London HQ.
- SEC to deploy Kx Systems' kdb+ platform
Jul 07th, 2015 - Kx Systems has been awarded a Securities and Exchange Commission contract for use of its database software platform, kdb+.
- S&P Capital IQ launches intra-day muni pricing service
Jul 07th, 2015 - S&P Capital IQ adds intra-day pricing on munis to pricing products and services.
- Attain Capital blog: Closing time for the pits
Jul 07th, 2015 - A long standing tradition in Chicago is officially coming to a close, with the CME starting to shutter its pits starting Monday, July 6th.
- Kiltearn implements INDATA iPM Epic big data platform
Jul 07th, 2015 - Scottish investment firm Kiltearn Partners adds INDATA's front-to-back office data solution.
- China's emergency measures create 'flight to state'
Jul 06th, 2015 - Emergency measures to stop China's stock market slump are not sustainable. Commentary by Warwick Business School's Lei Mao, assistant professor of Finance researching the effect of information on asset pricing.
- Bank of China lists first Euro-denominated bond on LSE
Jul 06th, 2015 - London Stock Exchange sees first Euro-denominated bond by a Chinese issuer admitted to trading on its markets.
- deVere Group: The Greek 'No' is an important buying opportunity for investors
Jul 06th, 2015 - Nigel Green, CEO, deVere Group: "Investors will be bracing themselves for increased volatility thanks to the Greek 'no' and will be gearing up for an important buying opportunity."
- SNL Financial: Top 50 European banks by total assets
Jul 06th, 2015 - HSBC Holdings remained top of SNL Financial's list of the top 50 European banks by total assets, ahead of BNP Paribas.
- TAIFEX to launch the RMB FX futures
Jul 03rd, 2015 - Taiwan Futures Exchange plans to launch two RMB FX futures contracts, the USD/CNT FX futures and the USD/CNH FX futures by late July.
- Automated Trader Update: Open source spectavaganza
Jul 03rd, 2015 - Managed Futures report from GAIM, new articles from Summer issue. Open source news from Thalesians, St Andrews University, and Thomson Reuters. Leap second thoughts from FIA, ITRS, and Colt. Reports from SunGard on private equity fee pressure, Charles River on fixed income trader challenges, and TABB on Grexit. QuantAlliance sees Algos as weapons. Liquidnet Dark IEX algo announced, Fintech start-ups host on BT Radianz cloud, Perseus & Fastback use Freedom Tower, DTCC Data Products launches, Fidessa DMA platform debuts.
- Altera joins Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) project
Jul 03rd, 2015 - Altera brings FPGAs to network function virtualization.
- SR Labs appoints Jennifer Nayar CEO
Jul 03rd, 2015 - NYSE's Jennifer Nayar joins SR Labs as CEO.
- Velocimetrics launches VMX Payments
Jul 02nd, 2015 - Velocimetrics releases real-time, end-to-end business flow monitoring for payment platforms.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Ranks of cross-border issues swell'
Jul 02nd, 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Christian Voigt considers the implications of payment for research and its escalation to a cross border issue.
- ASX selects Nasdaq's post-trade risk technology
Jul 02nd, 2015 - New technology to address global regulations requiring intraday risk management and increased margin methodology sophistication.
- ICAP appoints Jenny Knott as CEO Post Trade Risk and Information Services.
Jul 02nd, 2015 - Jenny Knott to head ICAP's Traiana, TriOptima, Reset, Euclid and ICAP Information Services businesses.
- SEC charges hedge fund advisory firm with conducting fraudulent fund valuation scheme
Jul 01st, 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has charged a Greenwich, Conn.-based investment advisory firm and its two owners with fraudulently inflating the prices of securities in hedge fund portfolios they managed.
- Altera FPGA-based storage reference design doubles life of NAND flash
Jul 01st, 2015 - FPGAs with embedded CPU architecture offer storage in the cloud and high-performance computing systems.
- Markit completes acquisition of Information Mosaic
Jul 01st, 2015 - Markit has announced the completion of its acquisition of Information Mosaic, a software provider for corporate actions and post trade securities processing.
- Thalesians open sources Python library
Jul 01st, 2015 - Quant think tank open sources Python code financial analysis library, PyThalesians.
- BT brings fintech start-ups onto BT Radianz Cloud
Jul 01st, 2015 - Fintech start-ups can host their solutions in data centres or cloud computing services connected to BT's Radianz Cloud as part of it's 'cloud of clouds' vision.
- EU open source software project gets green light
Jul 01st, 2015 - An open source software project involving the University of St Andrews to extend the capacity of computational mathematics and interactive computing environments has received over 7 million euros in EU funding.
- AIM Software appoints sales director
Jul 01st, 2015 - AIM Software names Marco Sablone as sales director.