Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- BGC SEF appoints James Cawley as CEO
Oct 31st, 2014 - Javelin's James Cawley joins BGC's SEF as Chief Executive Officer.
- GAIN Capital to acquire City Index
Oct 31st, 2014 - Gain Capital agrees purchase of City Index for $118 million.
- Automated Trader Update: Big data is watching you
Oct 31st, 2014 - AT looks at market surveillance and the order to trade ratios debate, DTCC on cyber security threat, EU issues stress test results, technology spreads like disease says study, TABB & FIA report on SEFs, LedgerX applies for bitcoin exchange status, FCA opens innovation hub, FEMR consults on FICC markets, McObject releases eXtremeDB v.6, Numerix & Transamerica partner, OptionsCity introduces Metro NOW, Tradeweb launches US corporate bond trading. SGX, WFE, Deutsche Borse & OpenGamma announce management changes.
- And the Royal strategy is...
Oct 31st, 2014 - Royalty goes for a smart order limit trade. Princess Beatrice of York used the B-Smart algorithm for a client in Vienna while raising money for Children in Crisis.
- ITG announces Triton integration with FX Connect
Oct 30th, 2014 - ITG's Triton execution management system now linked with State Street's end-to-end, multi-bank foreign exchange platform.
- NAB's mis-selling bill for IRHPs could be north of £1bn says All Square
Oct 30th, 2014 - Clydesdale Bank's parent company, National Bank of Australia, has seriously underestimated potential exposure for mis-selling Tailored Business Loans and Interest Rate Hedging Products, says All Square.
- Biggest ever cyber security exercise in Europe today
Oct 30th, 2014 - European Union Agency for Network and Information Security exercise simulates large-scale crises related to critical information infrastructures. Report with key findings to be issued after the exercise ends.
- FSB: cross-border consistencies and global financial stability implications of structural banking reforms
Oct 30th, 2014 - Financial Stability Board observes 'operational risk' of implementing US, EU structural reforms with different compliance objectives.
- AlphaGen selects Orc Flow Control for risk management
Oct 30th, 2014 - AlphaGen Securities integrates Orc Flow Control risk management capabilities.
- TORA partners with Markit to extend TCA offering
Oct 30th, 2014 - TORA integrates Markit's transaction cost analysis tools into its Execution and Order Management System.
- Numerix anounces new technology for Enterprise Model Risk Management
Oct 30th, 2014 - Numerix Introduces automated model validation testing technology and validation services
- Tradeweb launches US corporate bond trading
Oct 29th, 2014 - Tradeweb U.S. Corporate Bond Marketplace supports flexible RFQ and list trading protocols for both round- and odd-lot trades.
- FCA Chief Executive gives update on Project Innovate
Oct 29th, 2014 - Speech by Martin Wheatley, Chief Executive of the FCA, at the Financial News Conference, London.
- NASDAQ and Shenzen Exchanges sign MoU
Oct 29th, 2014 - Nasdaq and Shenzhen Stock Exchange executives sign MoU at the World Federation of Exchanges General Assembly in Seoul.
- TABB Group publishes new research note: 'SEF Trading October 2014: An Expanding Universe'
Oct 29th, 2014 - Interdealer SEFs losing IRS market share to client-facing SEF venues, says TABB Group, as competition for market share intensifies. On-SEF monthly volume hit high of $2.8 trillion in September 2014
- OptionsCity reveals Metro NOW
Oct 29th, 2014 - Next generation of Metro NOW to be available early 2015, enables users to build a customized trading experience.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services engages Confluence to launch Annex IV Reporting Services
Oct 29th, 2014 - Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services engages Confluence to launch Annex IV Reporting Services.
- LedgerX aims to become the first U.S. bitcoin options exchange and clearing house
Oct 29th, 2014 - Pending regulatory approvals, exchange traded contracts with physical settlement aim to spur mainstream adoption of digital currencies.
- SIX Swiss Exchange to simplify access for trading with foreign equities
Oct 29th, 2014 - SIX Swiss Exchange announces November 3rd launch of Sponsored Foreign Shares trading segment.
- SGX announces resignation of Chief Regulatory Officer
Oct 29th, 2014 - Richard Teng to leave SGX to take up role of Chief Executive Officer of Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator.
- Rule Financial appoints Managing Principal
Oct 29th, 2014 - Rule Financial expands specialist Business Consulting group with Tony Sodhi as Managing Principal.
- Tick size boosts Japanese market efficiency - CMCRC
Oct 29th, 2014 - Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre study suggests that reducing tick size on the TOPIX 100 enhances market efficiency.
- Numerix and Transamerica take new approach to insurance risk management
Oct 28th, 2014 - Transamerica implements new Future Greeks functionality in Numerix Leading Hedge enabling nested stochastic projections.
- Aegon Asset Management Netherlands chooses SimCorp Dimension
Oct 28th, 2014 - SimCorp Dimension selected to provide new back office platform for Aegon Asset Management.
- Greyspark report says data-driven approach to e-commerce essential for Banks looking to improve services and increase profitability
Oct 28th, 2014 - GreySpark Trends in E-commerce 2014 reports says protecting franchises remains a key driver for investment banks to invest in e-commerce. Successful bank e-commerce offerings involve all electronic channels and cover the whole trading lifecycle. Of the top-20 banks, 14 are implementing or are planning to implement "data science" solutions.
- FCA's Innovation Hub now open
Oct 28th, 2014 - Financial Conduct Authority opens Innovation Hub.
- WFE elects new Chairman, admits new members
Oct 28th, 2014 - World Federation of Exchanges General Assembly elects Juan Pablo Cordoba as new Chairman, and Dr. Urs Rüegsegger of SIX as Chairman of the Working Committee. BATS Global Markets, Bahrain Bourse, Euronext and the Nigerian Stock Exchange accepted as members.
- ESMA sets enforcement priorities for listed companies' financial statements
Oct 28th, 2014 - The European Securities and Markets Authority publishes Public Statement on European Common Enforcement Priorities for 2014.
- Fairness and effectiveness of FICC markets - consultation document
Oct 28th, 2014 - How fair and effective are the fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities markets? FEMR publishes consultation document.
- AFME comments on the Fair and Effective Markets Review consultation
Oct 28th, 2014 - Association for Financial Markets in Europe comments on the Fair and Effective Markets Review consultation.