Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Automated Trader Update: Ticks, leaks, and real-time tricks
Aug 29th, 2014 - SEC announces tick pilot programme, FSB meets in Kyoto, Merrill Lynch, RBS & Nat West fined, IMF Chief under investigation, Azul CTO speaks on Java, FC issues collateral management whitepaper, eVestment reports on Hedge Funds, ASEAN asset class on track, TWSE rolls out second generation FAST system, TASE considers Mon-Fri trading, Bursa Malaysia introduces ASEAN PostTrade services. CME Group, CFTC, MMI, and Euronext announce appointments.
- Garbage In, Garbage Out: An Optical Tour of the Role of Strategy in Venue Analysis
Aug 29th, 2014 - ITG's Ian Domowitz asks: is consideration of trading strategy an essential component in assessing venue performance?
- Ex-Deutsche equity trading head gaming the markets
Aug 29th, 2014 - New app brings together live market information, news and market sentiment.
- London Metal Exchange live with LMEwire phase 2
Aug 29th, 2014 - Cinnober's TRADExpress enables simpler trade reporting for the London Metal Exchange.
- SmartStream hires Head of Transformation Services
Aug 29th, 2014 - Industry veteran Tom Dalglish joins SmartStream to head transformation services.
- FxPro launches FxProWebTrader platform
Aug 29th, 2014 - New MT4 WebTrader platform available with FxPro.
- ICMA victory to avoid next Argentina
Aug 29th, 2014 - International Capital Market Association revised and updated collective action clauses and a new standard pari passu clause to facilitate sovereign debt restructurings.
- Thomson Reuters named official calculating agent for CNT TAIBOR Benchmark
Aug 29th, 2014 - TFEMDF selects Thomson Reuters to facilitate internationalisation of renminbi.
- FIA publishes fifth SEF Tracker
Aug 29th, 2014 - FIA's fifth SEF Tracker allows users to analyze underlying data.
- FCA fines Deutsche Bank £4.7m for transaction reporting failures
Aug 28th, 2014 - Deutsche Bank AG London Branch has been fined £4,718,800 by the Financial Conduct Authority for incorrectly reporting transactions between November 2007 and April 2013.
- Interactive Data launches continuous fixed income evaluated pricing service
Aug 28th, 2014 - Service expanded to offer continuous evaluated pricing across multiple fixed income asset classes.
- FCA fines RBS and NatWest for failures in mortgage advice process
Aug 28th, 2014 - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined The Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest £14,474,600 for serious failings in their advised mortgage sales business.
- NRI launches T-MONOLIX ARENA Private Cloud Service
Aug 28th, 2014 - Nomura Research Institute launches first private cloud solution to investment managers in Japan
- CME Group promotes John Pietrowicz to CFO
Aug 28th, 2014 - John Pietrowicz to replace Jamie Parisi as Senior Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer, CME Group.
- IMF chief charged in France
Aug 28th, 2014 - Christine Lagarde investigated over Tapie state payout.
- FSB meeting on Asia reviews OTC markets and regional integration
Aug 28th, 2014 - Seventh Meeting of the Financial Stability Board Regional Consultative Group for Asia.
- Statement: FCA fine for RBS and NatWest
Aug 28th, 2014 - RBS and NatWest chief executive responds to FCA fine for failings in their advised mortgage process.
- Whitepaper: The future role of collateral for liquidity and funding
Aug 28th, 2014 - With requirements getting ever more stringent, financial institutions are focused on navigating the evolving regulatory landscape and reducing the cost of funding collateral.
- SEC announces pilot plan to assess stock market tick size impact for smaller companies
Aug 27th, 2014 - SEC and FINRA file proposal to establish pilot plan to assess stock market tick size impact for smaller companies.
- Russian Roulette - MNI Russia Business Sentiment Survey - August
Aug 27th, 2014 - Annexation of Crimea, a possible invasion of east Ukraine and international sanctions, and yet the Russian MICEX is only down just over 3% since the start of the year. What exactly is keeping the stock market afloat asks MNI Chief Economist Philip Uglow.
- CFTC orders Merrill Lynch to pay $1.2 million for supervision failures
Aug 27th, 2014 - Supervisory failures at Merrill Lynch over fee processing led to client overcharges.
- eVestment report: Sizing the 2013 Hedge Fund, FoHFs Universe
Aug 27th, 2014 - eVestment's Sizing the 2013 Hedge Fund and Fund of Hedge Fund Universe report offers industry perspective.
- Westpac MNI China Consumer Sentiment Survey
Aug 27th, 2014 - Westpac MNI China CSI falls to 113.3 in August from 114.8 in July - Personal finances weaken amid poor employment outlook.
- Bursa Malaysia introduces ASEAN PostTrade services
Aug 27th, 2014 - Bursa Malaysia introduces ASEAN PostTrade services.
- Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connectivity test completed
Aug 26th, 2014 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing successfully completes connectivity test for Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect.
- CFTC names Secretary of the Commission
Aug 26th, 2014 - Christopher J. Kirkpatrick appointed as Secretary of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- TASE considers adopting Monday-Friday trading week
Aug 26th, 2014 - Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Board of Directors supports proposed trading week change to drive foreign investment.
- TWSE rolls out second generation FAST system
Aug 26th, 2014 - Taiwan Stock Exchange new proprietary system improves access to Taiwan market.
- Consistently Fast Java: a Business Real-Time Reality
26th August 2014 - The case for Java in latency sensitive trading applications is stronger than ever.
- Euronext announces senior appointments in its post trade business
Aug 22nd, 2014 - Euronext names Andre Simpon head of post trade; Hugo Rocha appointed member of Managing Board.