Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Hilary Clinton HFT tax proposal - reaction from ParFX
Oct 09th, 2015 - This week, US Democratic Presidential candidate Hilary Clinton proposed an idea of taxing high frequency transactions with excessive order cancellations that are deemed to enable abusive trading or could threaten to destabilise financial markets. In response, Dan Marcus, CEO of ParFX, the trading platform launched by 14 global banks specifically to combat disruptive trading behaviour, outlines his view on how regulatory authorities can tackle this issue.
- Thomson Reuters to deploy IBM Watson technology
Oct 09th, 2015 - Thomson Reuters and IBM collaborate to deliver Watson cognitive computing technology.
- LSE to sell Russell Investments to TA Associates
Oct 09th, 2015 - London Stock Exchange Group agrees proposed sale of Frank Russell Company's asset management business.
- Industry agrees global guidelines for intraday liquidity reporting
Oct 09th, 2015 - Payments Market Practice Group endorses the use of SWIFT messages for compliance with new intraday liquidity reporting requirements.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'MiFID II choice cuts'
Oct 09th, 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested on ESMA's new requirement for transaction reports.
- ETFGI - Europe listed ETF's/ETPs gather record US dollars at end Q3
Oct 09th, 2015 - ETFs/ETPs listed in Europe have gathered a record level of 61.6 billion US dollars as of the end of Q3 2015, according to ETFGI.
- Automated Trader Update: New kids on the blockchain
Oct 09th, 2015 - AT looks at electronic trading in the commodities markets, bitcoin, and the blockchain. Heartwood on two speed China, ITG on small caps trading, time flies with ESMA. Blackstone in the dock, new platform from MDX, SGX launches Asia index, Nasdaq debuts threat prep, Stravanger adopts Bloomberg's BAS, Azul's Zing live on Red Hat AWS, Huygens announces robo adviser, OTAS integrates Portware EMS, Levante selects Orc. Duco, SEC, and Symbiont announce appointments.
- London fintech investment reaches record high
Oct 09th, 2015 - London & Partners: Record venture capital investment in UK tech sector over last 9 months. London-based firms secure three-quarters of all funding. Later-stage investment in London's tech companies nearly quadruples in past four years
- Latest issue of FIA SEF tracker now available!
Oct 09th, 2015 - FIA releases SEF tracker for August.
- Nasdaq launches SMARTS Surveillance for Dark Pools
Oct 08th, 2015 - Nasdaq's SMARTS launches trade surveillance monitoring for dark pools.
- ICMA launches Electronic Platform Mapping Study
Oct 08th, 2015 - ICMA creates centralised source for comparison of fixed income trading platforms in Europe.
- Ullink expands into Taiwan
Oct 08th, 2015 - SinoPac selects Ullink's low-latency direct market access, centralised monitoring and pre-trade risk management solutions.
- Rapid Addition acquires DET-Technologies
Oct 08th, 2015 - Former BNP Paribas pair Petr Postulka and Jaromir Satanek, founders of DET Technologies, will also join Rapid Addition as part of the acquisition to lead its software development function.
- Tradesignal Chart now available in Eikon
Oct 08th, 2015 - Tradesignal's app for enhanced rule-base trading and technical analytics now available in Thomson Reuters Eikon.
- Interactive Data adds Warsaw Exchange to 7ticks network
Oct 08th, 2015 - Interactive Data expands 7ticks connectivity with access to GPW (Warsaw Stock Exchange Exchange). Latest addition to electronic trading network opens up market access in Eastern Europe.
- MathWorks integrates with FIX Flyer's FIX Engine
Oct 08th, 2015 - FIX Engine added to MATLAB with support from FIX Flyer's Managed FIX.
- Xignite introduces market data CloudStreaming solution
Oct 08th, 2015 - Xignite announces financial market data cloud streaming solution for fintech apps.
- Boerse Stuttgart goes live on Nasdaq Genium Inet
Oct 08th, 2015 - Nasdaq Genium Inet powers Boerse Stuttgart's new exchange system Xitaro.
- Blackstone charged with disclosure failures
Oct 07th, 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced that three private equity fund advisers within The Blackstone Group have agreed to pay nearly $39 million to settle charges that they failed to fully inform investors about benefits that the advisers obtained from accelerated monitoring fees and discounts on legal fees. Nearly $29 million of the settlement will be distributed to affected fund investors.
- ICAP Euro Interest Rate Swap Index announced
Oct 07th, 2015 - ICAP Information Services launches the ICAP Euro Interest Rate Swap Index.
- Symbiont appoints industry veterans to Advisory Board
Oct 07th, 2015 - Maureen O'Hara and Dr. Keith B. Jarrett join Symbiont Advisory Board.
- Thomson Reuters announces new app development suite in Eikon
Oct 07th, 2015 - App Studio in Eikon to cultivate innovation and increase productivity with new generations of third-party apps available directly within Eikon.
- Nasdaq announces new corporate threat preparedness series - 'POINT'
Oct 07th, 2015 - Cyber Security to be the inaugural topic to coincide with National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
- Duco appoints chief revenue officer
Oct 07th, 2015 - Duco names Emmanuel Lesur as chief revenue officer, responsible for global sales.
- ITG research: A better way to trade small caps
Oct 07th, 2015 - New ITG research paper looks at how VWAP algorithms can be tailored to trade small-cap stocks more efficiently. Authors: Benjamin Polidore, Lin Jiang, and Yichu Li.
- Azul Zing goes live on Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Amazon Web Services
Oct 07th, 2015 - Azul collaborates with Red Hat to deliver certified Java runtime solutions on Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Amazon Web Services.
- Clarient partners with FIA Tech to offer OCR reporting service
Oct 07th, 2015 - Clarient's ownership and control reporting service provides firms with a centralized platform to collect, verify, store, and refresh OCR information to satisfy CFTC requirements.
- Eurex new margin calculation service to launch in November
Oct 07th, 2015 - Collaboration with OpenGamma to launch new Eurex Clearing Prisma Margin Estimator/ Additional offering to be used on customers' premises.
- Preqin: $1bn+ hedge funds show strongest average returns
Oct 07th, 2015 - Preqin's August benchmarks show large funds generate highest performance across almost all time horizons.
- SGX launches index services in Asia
Oct 06th, 2015 - Singapore Exchange has announced the launch of SGX Index Edge.