Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- ESMA submits advice on delegated acts required by the UCITS V Directive
Nov 28th, 2014 - ESMA finalises rules protecting UCITS assets to prevent such funds from Madoff-style frauds.
- Compression to drive SwapClear's first ever annual drop in OTC IR derivatives notional outstanding
Nov 28th, 2014 - Amid record cleared volumes, SwapClear's compression via TriOptima service surpasses $250 trillion year-to-date of gross notional outstanding.
- Canadian Securities Regulators propose harmonised approach to clearing agency requirements
Nov 28th, 2014 - Canadian Securities Administrators opens comment period on harmonised rules for clearing agency requirements.
- Big data finds 70,000 'hidden' companies in the UK's Information Economy industries
Nov 27th, 2014 - The UK's Information Economy industries could be 42% larger than current estimates, with at least 70,000 extra ICT-producing companies in operation and hotspots around the country, according to the National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Automated Trader Update: Thank you for being a friend
Nov 26th, 2014 - Thanksgiving - the weird and the wonderful. AT reports from London Battle of the Quants, SEC implements REG SCI, FIX combines support for high performance & market trading; announces Best Practice in pre-trade bond market, ISDA publishes key principles on CCP recovery, Fidessa takes temperatures at FIA Chicago, OptionsCity acquires Optionshop, DB purchases RSFX stake, Cebulon chooses Tbricks for market making, BNY Mellon & CME Group partner, Thomson ONE wealth management app launches, Aequitas NEO Exchange approved, Convergex announces ADR depositary, Fidessa expands Fragulator.
- High chance of inflation falling below one per cent in 2015
Nov 26th, 2014 - There is a close to a one-in-two chance that inflation will breach the Bank of England's target range and fall below one per cent in 2015, according to the newly launched Warwick Business School Forecasting System (WBSFS).
- ACM Gold deploys Tradable platform in Africa
Nov 26th, 2014 - African broker, ACM Gold, announces exclusive partnership with Tradable.
- Fidessa steps into China
Nov 26th, 2014 - Fidessa says smooth transition for clients on China Connect.
- SGX to launch bond trading platform
Nov 26th, 2014 - Singapore Exchange forms new subsidiary, SGX Bond Trading, in readiness for mid-2015 launch of Asian bond trading platform.
- Percentile's RiskMine platform integrates with Torstone's Inferno system
Nov 26th, 2014 - Percentile and Torstone partner to offer integrated risk, finance, back & middle office technology solutions
- Tullett Prebon completes acquisition of PVM
Nov 26th, 2014 - PVM transaction adds 33 new broking desks to the Tullett Prebon Group, increases coverage of oil products in Asia and the US markets.
- FIA updates customer funds protection guide
Nov 26th, 2014 - FIA issues fourth version of guide to customer fund protections in the US.
- Fidessa market share reporting tool: The gift that keeps on giving
Nov 25th, 2014 - Fidessa plans to expand its free online tool, Fragulator, to fill the gap left by Thomson Reuters' withdrawal of its market share reporter.
- ISDA launches principles on CCP recovery
Nov 25th, 2014 - The International Swaps and Derivatives Association announces the publication of a set of key principles on the adequacy and structure of central counterparty loss-absorbing resources and on CCP recovery and resolution.
- CFTC issues rule enforcement reviews on CBOT, CME, NYMEX, & COMEX
Nov 25th, 2014 - Commodity Futures Trading Commission's Division of Market Oversight issues rule enforcement reviews of the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Commodity Exchange, and New York Mercantile Exchange.
- OTAS Technologies launches OTAS Base
Nov 25th, 2014 - API and visualisation toolkit assists developers in building applications that integrate OTAS analytics and visual elements.
- ICE completes Liffe transition
Nov 25th, 2014 - Liffe equity derivatives complex now trading on the ICE platform alongside U.S. MSCI and Russell equity indices.
- RARE Global Infrastructure Funds available on Calastone's network
Nov 25th, 2014 - Calastone automates single-to-many cross-border fund messaging for Australian Infrastructure Investment Manager RARE.
- FIX announces Best Practices for the use of FIX for pre-trade in the bond market.
Nov 25th, 2014 - FIX Trading Community announces Best Practices for deployment of FIX for pre-trade in the bond market.
- Battle of the Quants: (Em)powering technology-driven markets
Nov 25th, 2014 - Panellists and speakers addressed challenges facing the quantitative finance community amid warnings that professionals in the space need to communicate their role and methods more effectively.
- Abacus launches Abacus Cloud Panel
Nov 24th, 2014 - New Abacus cloud panel advances email management in the cloud.
- BSE deploys Solarflare tech
Nov 24th, 2014 - Asia's first stock exchange leverages Solarflare's technology to propel India's low latency trading network.
- Advanced Markets and Fortex launch open standard algo engine
Nov 24th, 2014 - New Algo X engine supports strategy development in standard programming languages.
- Vienna and Zagreb Stock Exchanges announce data vending agreement
Nov 24th, 2014 - The Vienna Stock Exchange and the Zagreb Stock Exchange sign a cooperation agreement for data vending.
- London Stock Exchange Derivatives Market to offer stock, depositary receipt and index options to US investors
Nov 24th, 2014 -Securities and Exchange Commission class no-action relief allows London Stock Exchange Derivatives Market, and its eligible members, to offer certain US investors a number of option contracts.
- BNY Mellon and CME Group offer new interest rate hedging tools
Nov 24th, 2014 - U.S. tri-party repo indices and related futures products from BNY Mellon and CME Group to provide investors with new interest rate risk management tools.
- Tom Gould joins LMAX Exchange as head of US Sales
Nov 24th, 2014 - LMAX Exchange appoints former e-FX Sales Director at Bank of America to drive growth in the US.
- CloudMargin and Fund Recs to offer cloud-based collateral management platform
Nov 24th, 2014 - Fund Recs and CloudMargin partner to offer integrated, cloud based collateral management and portfolio reconciliation platform.
- FIA elects two new board members
Nov 24th, 2014 - Tom Kadlec and George Simonetti join FIA board.
- Parabellum chooses Flextrade for white label Fx and liquidity aggregation
Nov 24th, 2014 - Parabellum Markets deploys MaxxTrader, a turnkey ASP front-end, for trading spot currencies, forwards, NDFs, swaps & precious metals.