Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Andrew Ross named CEO of CurveGlobal
Feb 05th, 2016 - Andrew Ross will join LSE's new futures exchange, CurveGlobal, from Morgan Stanley. BNP Paribas becomes seventh bank shareholder.
- Liquidnet expands EQS Group
Feb 07th, 2016 - Two new hires represent next phase of growth for firm's trading analytics and algo servicing strategies.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters: 'Nosey neighbours'
Feb 06th, 2016 - Is MiFID II really going to force investment firms to pass around huge amounts of personal, identifiable information? Will competitors and counterparties learn way too much about your business? While many of these concerns may be overblown, there are some valid points to consider says Fidessa regulation expert Christian Voigt.
- Automated Trader Update: Firms in hot water over dark pools
Feb 05th, 2016 - SEC fines Barclays & Credit Suisse. Reports on Fintech innovation and blockchain capital markets. DTCC LEI hits milestone, TWSE removes restrictions, ICE third exchange approved, Symbiont taps Gemalto for blockchain security, NYSE market volatility priorities, ICE launches US Treasury index family, Tradeweb announces US ETF platform, IPC acquires Etrali. ITG, GFT, Moscow Exchange, and Nasdaq announce management changes.
- CMC Markets offer price set at 240p per share
Feb 05th, 2016 - Based on the Offer Price, CMC's market capitalisation is approximately £691 million. Transaction size is approximately £218 million.
- Preqin: Alternative assets industry grows to record $7.4tn in 2015
Feb 05th, 2016 - Private capital funds* reach $4.2tn in combined AUM, while hedge fund industry grows to almost $3.2tn.
- Options in cyber security partnership with Observable Networks
Feb 06th, 2016 - Options partners with security analytics specialist Observable Networks to bolster cybersecurity offering.
- Thomson Reuters & Wood Mackenzie expand insight into world oil markets
Feb 06th, 2016 - Thomson Reuters becomes first third-party distributor of Wood Mackenzie data, initially integrating underlying oil supply chain fundamental data into its Eikon desktop and via data feed.
- Thomson Reuters SEF captures 55% of dealer-to-client FX flows in Q4 2015
Feb 05th, 2016 - NDF and Options Volumes grow 322 percent and 2000 percent respectively in the 24 months to year-end 2015 on Thomson Reuters SEF which recently received permanent approval status from the CFTC.
- ESMA updates EMIR Q&As
Feb 07th, 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority has issued an update of its Q&A on practical questions regarding the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
- FCA extends accountability rules to Algo trading
Feb 04th, 2016 - UK's Financial Conduct Authority confirm accountability rules for wholesale traders and interim rules on regulatory references.
- D+H applies blockchain tech to payment services hub
Feb 04th, 2016 - D+H integrates blockchain distributed ledger technology into its global payments services hub.
- AllianceBernstein selects Interactive Data's Best Ex/TCA service
Feb 03rd, 2016 - Interactive Data to provide measurement of fixed-income trade best execution and transaction cost analysis for AllianceBernstein.
- Markit extends KY3P community with new customer wins
Feb 03rd, 2016 - Need to Know Your Third Party driven by regulatory and cybersecurity concerns.
- ITG announces seven new MD promotions
Feb 03rd, 2016 - ITG promotes seven members of the ITG team to the position of Managing Director.
- Tradeweb launches US ETF Trading Platform
Feb 03rd, 2016 - Tradeweb US ETF marketplace provides access to all US-listed ETFs on its electronic OTC marketplace through 11 liquidity providers. An additional four are signed on and expected to begin making prices in the near term.
- IPC Systems completes acquisition of Etrali
Feb 03rd, 2016 - Newly combined company to provide compliance and communications capabilities.
- Fidessa - Innovation ecosystems: Unlocking real value through fintech innovation
Feb 03rd, 2016 - Barely a day goes by without a fintech startup claiming it is going to do to capital markets what Uber and Airbnb have done to the transport and accommodation industries. The journey towards true innovation in capital markets, however, looks much harder because of the entrenched technologies, processes and regulatory obligations that comprise global financial markets. Steve Grob, Fidessa's Head of Group Strategy, looks at two different types of innovation that are emerging and what is required for them to be truly disruptive.
- CPF deploys Speakerbus' iTurret solution
Feb 03rd, 2016 - Clarksons Platou Futures selects Speakerbus for futures voice broking
- Green Key releases new front end, launches Partnership Program
Feb 03rd, 2016 - Trading Technologies first third party to integrate new web-based voice workspace. Now deployed on tablets, new platform runs on OpenFin HTML5 container technology.
- GFT appoints Principal Consultant
Feb 03rd, 2016 - GFT Group expands Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Practice with appointment of Principal Consultant, Rob Gibbs
- Beyond the hype: Euroclear and Oliver Wyman collaborate on blockchain report
Feb 03rd, 2016 - A new white paper by Euroclear and Oliver Wyman aims to help the market understand the potential of blockchain, how to utilise the technology and lays out the path for its adoption.
- DTCC's LEI Service, GMEI Utility, hits key milestone; issues over 200,000 LEIs
Feb 02nd, 2016 - GMEI Utility reaches 50% market share as new regulatory initiatives in Europe and the U.S. are expected to drive further LEI adoption and use.
- INDATA launches compliance as a service
Feb 02nd, 2016 - iPM Epic clients offered new global shareholder disclosure service leveraging Allen & Overy's aosphere Rulefinder.
- Taiwan Stock Exchange removes day trading restrictions for almost all securities
Feb 02nd, 2016 - New rules to stimulate more trading volume and provide investors with more hedging instruments - borrowed securities now eligible to cover day trade shortfalls.
- Orc and CameronTec team up to create Itiviti
Feb 02nd, 2016 - Orc Group and CameronTec Group unite and create Itiviti, a new provider of trading software and services for the global capital markets.
- ISE Mercury to launch on February 16, 2016
Feb 02nd, 2016 - SEC approves ISE's Form 1 application for third options exchange.
- MOEX Board reappoints CFO
Feb 02nd, 2016 - Moscow Exchange reappoints CFO Evgeny Fetisov to Management Board.
- Preqin: Hedge fund industry grows in 2015 despite performance concerns
Feb 02nd, 2016 - Total assets under management reach $3.20tn in 2015, up from $3.02tn at the end of 2014.
- Nasdaq completes acquisition of Chi-X Canada
Feb 02nd, 2016 - Nasdaq completes acquisition of Chi-X Canada