Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Allianz chooses Thomson Reuters TRPS
Sep 16th, 2014 - Allianz selects Thomson Reuters pricing service for fixed income pricing requirement.
- TABB Group issues August 2014 US Cash Equities LiquidityMatrix
Sep 16th, 2014 - TABB Group issues August 2014 US Cash Equities LiquidityMatrix.
- LCH.Clearnet implements Calypso platform
Sep 16th, 2014 - Calypso Collateral Management solution successfully introduced to LCH.Clearnet
- ITG launches FX Volatility Index Application
Sep 16th, 2014 - New tool tracks volatility in 20 currency pairs and 5 aggregates.
- ITRS opens Singapore office
Sep 16th, 2014 - ITRS expands Asia presence with new Singapore office.
- Markit partners with Pirum
Sep 15th, 2014 - Post trade services provider Pirum partners with Markit to enhance securities finance market data.
- TABB Group launches Clarity for US equity market trade execution
Sep 15th, 2014 - TABB Group introduces US equity market trading venue & routing analytics service for money managers, investors, brokers and trading venues.
- CFTC fines Morgan Stanley Smith Barney for supervision and records failures relating to its 'know its customer' procedures
Sep 15th, 2014 - CFTC also finds other supervisory failures relating to enforcement of imposed trading limits, responding timely and accurately to a CFTC document request, and maintaining adequate customer records.
- Victor Technologies and ACTIV Financial announce real-time risk analytics partnership
Sep 15th, 2014 - Victor Technologies' volatility feeds to be available to ACTIV data feed subscribers in real-time via ACTIV's distribution network.
- Victory Networks launches SpeedEdge, low latency feed handler
Sep 15th, 2014 - Victory Networks' low latency feed handler SpeedEdge API allows flexible, transparent solutions.
- HKEx, LME and LME Clear sign MoU with China Construction Bank
Sep 15th, 2014 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing, the London Metal Exchange, and LME Clear, sign memorandum of understanding with China Construction Bank to develop mainland China business.
- Protiviti survey says companies still need to get their data security houses in order
Sep 15th, 2014 - IT professionals report a lack of high confidence in preventing cyber attacks, according to Protiviti's 2014 IT Security and Privacy Survey.
- EGX chairman in NY to promote Egyptian economy, extends NASDAQ OMX tech contract
Sep 15th, 2014 - Egyptian Exchange chairman meets with major financial institutions in New York, extends contract to deploy NASDAQ OMX's X-Stream trading engine till 2020.
- BIS quarterly review September 2014 - Volatility stirs, markets unshaken
Sep 15th, 2014 - On-the-record remarks by Mr Claudio Borio, Head of the Monetary and Economic Department, and Mr Hyun Shin, Economic Adviser & Head of Research, Bank for International Settlement.
- MR2 for Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect completes
Sep 15th, 2014 - HKEx successfully completes second round market rehearsal for Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect.
- CBOE and C2 discuss regulatory services agreement with FINRA
Sep 15th, 2014 - FINRA may provide certain regulatory services to the CBOE and C2 options markets.
- BATS Chi-X Europe and BX Swiss partner
Sep 15th, 2014 - Partnership agreement to bring greater competition to the Swiss equities market.
- Time running out for brokers facing European reforms - FOW conference
Sep 15th, 2014 - Brokers need to prepare for a major shake-up of business models as MiFID II inches closer to implementation, said delegates at last week's FOW conference.
- FIA Webinar: CME Group Rule 575 'Disruptive Practices Prohibited'
Sep 12th, 2014 - Representatives from CME Group gave a presentation and answered questions about the new CME disruptive practices rule.
- FIA EPTA explains modern market structure
Sep 12th, 2014 - Statement from FIA EPTA: New market structure regulations for Europe.
- SGX and TWSE study stocks trading link
Sep 12th, 2014 - Singapore Exchange and Taiwan Stock Exchange announce intention to work towards linking the two stock markets.
- SEC creates new office within Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
Sep 12th, 2014 - Office of risk assessment will coordinate efforts to create more effective data-driven risk assessment tools.
- Winton Capital founder donates £5mn to Science Museum
Sep 12th, 2014 - Science Museum receives largest ever individual donation from the David and Claudia Harding Foundation to support ambitious mathematics project. Zaha Hadid Architects win competition to design world's foremost gallery of mathematics.
- Automated Trader Update: Exchangapocalypse Now
Sep 12th, 2014 - BATS tests disaster ops, ITG extends POSIT, ECMA repo survey results, Fed for Libor reform, ICE buys SuperDerivatives, KCG to sell FCM arm to Wedbush, NASDAQ launches SMARTS Surveillance for Energy, RavenPack & Thalesians partner, Broadridge hedge fund solution launches, Exegy announces new FX feeds, EEX selects TT's platform, Convergex improves algos, Thomson Reuters debuts Solvency II Data Service.
- CME Group appoints Cees Vermaas as MD & CEO of CME Europe
Sep 11th, 2014 - NYSE Euronext's Cees Vermaas to join CME Europe as Managing Director and CEO from January 2015.
- Feedzai partners with Azul Systems
Sep 11th, 2014 - Azul's Zing provides faster processing of massive data sets to enable delivery of fraud analysis and protection in real-time.
- ParFX launches Prime Brokerage service for the buy-side
Sep 11th, 2014 - Buy-side firms complete first trades on ParFX as Prime service goes live. Post-trade name give-up to enhance transparency and responsible trading behaviour.
- ICE to buy stake in Holland Clearing House
Sep 11th, 2014 - Intercontinental Exchange to acquire majority stake in Holland Clearing House. ABN Amro Clearing to retain minority interest.
- Equinix offers access to High Precision Time from Perseus Telecom
Sep 11th, 2014 -Equinix standardized time-stamping service for electronic trading now available in key financial markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- SEC uses algorithms to catch a raft of reporting offenses
Sep 10th, 2014 - SEC enforcement staff used quantitative data sources and ranking algorithms to identify insiders habitually late in filing ownership reports.