Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Hatstand launches Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
Aug 28th, 2015 - Hatstand Cybersecurity Risk Assessment to help strengthen businesses' Cyber risk governance programmes.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'All together now...'
Aug 28th, 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested: A common approach will be key to minimising the fallout of MiFID II implementation, particularly around the extra data required for record keeping and transaction reporting and for algo identification.
- Automated Trader Update: Don't Panic. 'Normal' service will resume
Aug 28th, 2015 - Market swings, circuit breakers and VIX glitches: analysis, insights and advice from OptionMetrics, New Capital, RLAM, FactSet and more... CFTC fines FCStone, CFA finds ethics in investing, Fun and games from Stockfuse and Stockfighter. FIA EPTA considers threat to liquidity, Investment Assc. & AFME agree IOI code. Fidessa reports on SOR, managed futures ranking from RCM, eVestment July hedge flows, LME introduces market making, Global Liquidity Partners deploys CameronTec's FIX gateway, Markit to acquire DealHub, BlackRock buys FutureAdvisor.
- eVestment - Q2 Stock Ownership Report
Aug 27th, 2015 - The report includes data on trends in stock ownership, buying and selling among institutional investment asset managers working on behalf of global institutional investors.
- FIA, FIA Europe and FIA Asia announce merger plans
Aug 27th, 2015 - The respective boards of FIA, FIA Europe and FIA Asia agree to formally merge the three associations in the first quarter of 2016.
- GDPR...tick...tock...tick...tock - JWG Analysis
Aug 27th, 2015 - Amongst a number of themes and issues that are raised on a regular basis at JWG's monthly Customer Data Management Group (CDMG) meetings, data protection and the need for harmonisation are consistently top contenders...
- US market volatility in 2 charts - OptionMetrics
Aug 26th, 2015 - What volatility indices say about what happened in US markets on Monday, and what to expect next.
- Preqin: Hedge fund industry sees $76bn net inflow in H1 2015
Aug 26th, 2015 - Industry assets now exceed $3.2tn after investors allocate more money to hedge funds.
- Don't Panic! Understanding ETF Flash Crashes - FactSet Insight
Aug 26th, 2015 - The most useful part of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, according to the novel by the late Douglas Adams, is that it has the words "Don't Panic" written on the cover in large friendly letters. ETF investors would do well to take those words to heart. By Dave Nadig, Director of Exchange Traded Funds, FactSet.
- BlackRock to acquire FutureAdvisor
Aug 26th, 2015 - Acquisition will combining B2B technology-enabled advice capabilities and investment and risk management solutions.
- Stockfuse platform can 'help win a spot on Wall Street'
Aug 26th, 2015 - The Stockfuse virtual trading platform integrates social gaming, psychology and machine learning techniques to help talent acquisition.
- Fidessa - What you see is not what you get: the challenge of truly 'smart' order routing
Aug 26th, 2015 - Will Winzor-Saile, Electronic Execution Product specialist at Fidessa, highlights the challenges of achieving 'truly' smart order routing in a marketplace where things are rarely what they seem.
- REGIS-TR confirmed as RRM for energy transactions
Aug 26th, 2015 - ACER approves REGIS-TR as Registered Reporting Mechanism for REMIT.
- Global Liquidity Partners deploys CameronTec's FIX gateway
Aug 26th, 2015 - Global Liquidity Partners selects Catalys to power algo execution & routing services.
- Investors and brokers agree landmark share-dealing code
Aug 25th, 2015 - The Investment Association and the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) agree code of conduct for the use of 'Indications of Interest'. Bloomberg to facilitate the new code.
- New Capital Insights - Panic selling in China's equity markets
Aug 25th, 2015 - By Mansfield Mok, Portfolio Manager, New Capital China Equity Fund, EFG Asset Management.
- ESG issues are major factors in investment decisions - CFA Institute
Aug 25th, 2015 - Majority of investment professionals use environmental, social and governance information when making decisions, according to a recent CFA Institute survey.
- AES International begins graduate training programme
Aug 25th, 2015 - AES International kick starts a new graduate training programme with the hire of three graduates from British universities.
- NFX selects OptionsCity to calculate settlement prices
Aug 25th, 2015 - OptionsCity to provide settlement price solution for Nasdaq Futures.
- Velocimetrics releases new TipOff appliances
Aug 25th, 2015 - Latest range of TipOff appliances delivers 6-fold increase in storage capacity.
- Metamako relocates to Stone & Chalk fintech hub
Aug 25th, 2015 - Metamako joins Stone & Chalk's fintech ecosystem in Sydney.
- Orc connects to Borsa Istanbul
Aug 25th, 2015 - New interface enables quoting and trading on Borsa İstanbul for all Orc clients.
- SCM Direct CIO: Don't panic about markets - diversify
Aug 24th, 2015 - Don't Panic - Alan Miller, Chief Investment Officer of SCM Direct, says investors should avoid panicking and instead, diversify their portfolios, amid market turmoil.
- CQG connects to ASX 24 ITCH
Aug 24th, 2015 - CQG provides low latency access to Australian futures and options markets.
- FIA EPTA - Further evidence that new rules could threaten market liquidity in Europe
Aug 24th, 2015 - Preliminary research report from the Toulouse School of Economics raises concerns over the impact impending regulations could have on market liquidity.
- Royal London AM - Equity market sell-off could spark record contrarian buying opportunities
Aug 24th, 2015 - Comment from Trevor Greetham, head of Multi-Asset at Royal London Asset Management, on why the equity market sell-off has potential to be one of the strongest contrarian buying opportunities on record.
- Markit to acquire DealHub
Aug 24th, 2015 - Markit to enhance Forex offering with DealHub acquisition.
- SET launches new clearing and depository system
Aug 24th, 2015 - The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) has rolled out its new clearing and depository systems.
- EdgeConneX partners with CloudFlare
Aug 24th, 2015 - EdgeConneX and CloudFlare partnership to deliver improved internet content.
- Unprecedented M&A levels driving technological advancement - Ken McCarney, MUFG Fund Services
Aug 24th, 2015 - Comment from Ken McCarney, CEO, MUFG Fund Services, following SS&C's acquisition of Citigroup's Alternative Investor Services business.