Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Why the bankers' bonus cap should be ignored - FedEE Chief attacks cap on bankers' pay
Oct 20th, 2014 - The European Banking Authority's (EBA) insistence that a bonus cap should be applied to bankers pay remains advisory and is, in any case, made on the basis of a decision that was beyond the EU's powers.
- SFC signs MoU with CSRC
Oct 20th, 2014 - Securities and Futures Commission and China Securities Regulatory Commission sign MoU to strengthen enforcement cooperation under Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect.
- ￼￼￼IIROC announces final academic team to study HFT impact
Oct 20th, 2014 - Experts to study HFT impact on market quality and integrity.
- Automated Trader Update: V for Volatility
Oct 17th, 2014 - Traders see conflicting signals, vengeful volatility arrives, more AT subscriber articles available, TBTF CCPs debate continues, reports from Greyspark, Dechert and TABB, SEC charges E*TRADE subsidiaries, ACI Americas launched, 18 banks join ISDA Resolution Stay Protocol, EU bonds migrate to T+2, Neonet joins Aquis, Thomson Reuters launches M&A dataset, OptionsCity aids access to BM&FBOVESPA. BCS, Euronext, Nasdaq, Gearslinger & Metamoko announce appointments.
- eVestment September and Q3 2014 hedge fund asset flows report
Oct 17th, 2014 - Hedge funds see outflows in September; equity focused funds see shift, event driven funds slow down.
- Lombard Risk releases COLLINE V13
Oct 17th, 2014 - Enhanced and new functionality to streamline operations and support increasing regulatory demands.
- First Derivatives acquires further stake in Kx
Oct 17th, 2014 - First Derivatives secures a majority shareholding in Kx Systems.
- SEC charges New York-based HFT firm with closing price manipulation
Oct 17th, 2014 - First high frequency trading manipulation case sees Athena Capital Research pay $1 million penalty to settle SEC charges.
- TMX Atrium signs distribution agreement with NPL
Oct 16th, 2014 - TMX Atrium enters agreement with the United Kingdom's National Measurement Institute to distribute NPLTime.
- Flexera enables application producers to migrate enterprise applications to Microsoft Azure
Oct 16th, 2014 - Flexera Software's FlexNet Licensing enables existing applications to run on Microsoft Azure with existing software licensing.
- Liquidnet appoints Head of Fixed Income Sales and Head of Trading Coverage
Oct 16th, 2014 - Liquidnet adds Jonathan Gray and Brian Kehoe to London team to support future growth.
- ISE and KCG enhance execution capability for multi-legged options strategy orders with stock component
Oct 16th, 2014 - Routing orders to lit markets generating higher fill rates.
- New corporate bond trading through API on MTS Bonds.com
Oct 16th, 2014 - MTS Bonds.com buy-side clients can now directly post real-time firm pricing.
- FSB publishes guidance on resolution of non-bank financial institutions
Oct 16th, 2014 - Financial Stability Board reissues the Key Attributes of Effective Resolution Regimes for Financial Institutions.
- SIX welcomes the Federal Council Communication on the Financial Market Infrastructure Act, but with reservations
Oct 16th, 2014 - SIX welcomes the Federal Council Communication on the Financial Market Infrastructure Act, albeit with reservations.
- Thomson Reuters provides pricing to Charles River Managed Data Service
Oct 15th, 2014 - Charles River adds Thomson Reuters pricing & reference data to its Managed Data Service.
- DTCC proposes central clearing for the U.S. $1.6 trillion institutional tri-party repo market.
Oct 15th, 2014 - An established, proven central clearing function would play a critical role in ensuring stability and transparency for participants in the U.S. tri-party repo market.
- OptionsCity supports access to Brazilian Exchange
Oct 15th, 2014 - OptionsCity completes certification for trading on BM&FBOVESPA.
- Bloomberg Tradebook first to aggregate buy-side liquidity in ETFs
Oct 15th, 2014 - ETF RFQ platform gives investors anonymous, integrated and transparent solution for trading more than 1,500 ETF products.
- Tim Bevan appointed CEO of BCS Prime Brokerage
Oct 15th, 2014 -Tim Bevan promoted to global managing role as BCS expands business outside of Russia.
- ITG releases POSIT Marketplace 3.0
Oct 15th, 2014 - ITG's new algorithm sources quality liquidity from dark markets.
- Brady Energy ETRM selected by an international utility organisation
Oct 15th, 2014 - Brady Energy ETRM solution chosen to support the trading, position and risk management requirements for one of the largest gas storage facilities in Europe.
- IPC and Velocis announce partnership in India
Oct 15th, 2014 - Partnership will merge IPC's voice communication solution UNIGY with Velocis Systems' IT solutions and services.
- ICMA reports successful T+2 migration for European bond markets
Oct 15th, 2014 - Transition to settlement at T+2 for European fixed income markets 'largely successful with few issues.'
- Xignite integrates FactSet data into Market Data Cloud platform
Oct 15th, 2014 - Xignite and FactSet partner to bring global fundamental data to the cloud.
- Solace and SL Systems partner
Oct 15th, 2014 - Solace and SL partner to streamline monitoring of Solace message routers.
- TABB publishes September 2014 Equities LiquidityMatrix
Oct 15th, 2014 - Industry and TABB-reported ATS/SDP volumes rise 16%.
- Thomson Reuters launches M&A dataset
Oct 15th, 2014 - Thomson Reuters introduces new merger arbitrage dataset to support event-driven hedge fund managers.
- Morgan Stanley to join Eurex Clearing's Securities Lending CCP
Oct 15th, 2014 - Admission process expected to be finalized within weeks. Partnership with Eurex Clearing to enhance and expand current product offering.
- Neonet provides access to Aquis Exchange
Oct 15th, 2014 - Neonet expands liquidity access with Aquis Exchange.