Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- CLS appoints Chief Information Officer
Jul 30th, 2014 - Tom Zschach joins CLS Group from LCH.Clearnet.
- Bravura expands Polish operations
Jul 30th, 2014 - Bravura Solutions opens new Warsaw office.
- BBA comment on BoE announcement on remuneration
Jul 30th, 2014 - Statement from BBA chief executive Anthony Browne on Bank of England announcement on responsibility and accountability in the banking sector.
- PRA and FCA publish joint consultation papers on banking responsibility and accountability
Jul 30th, 2014 - Bank of England: Prudential Regulation Authority and Financial Conduct Authority consult on proposals to improve responsibility and accountability in the banking sector
- CME Group and GFI Group announce plan for strategic transactions
Jul 30th, 2014 - CME Group to acquire Trayport and FENICS from GFI Group. GFI Group stockholders to receive $4.55 per GFI Group share in CME Group stock. GFI Group's wholesale brokerage to be acquired by private consortium of current GFI Group management.
- Confisio, Dion & Traiana launch new reporting service
Jul 30th, 2014 - Confisio Managed Services and Dion Global Solutions launch collateral valuation solution.
- BCS Economist's view on EU/US sanctions against Russia
Jul 30th, 2014 - Dr. Vladimir Tikhomirov, Chief Economist at BCS Financial Group, the Moscow Exchange securities broker, gives his views on the EU/US new sanctions against Russia.
- Hedge Funds continue building momentum in 2014
Jul 30th, 2014 - Newedge Commodity Trading Index up 0.63% in June, 3.55% YTD.
- CFTC fines JPMS for inaccurate large trader reports
Jul 30th, 2014 - CFTC charges J.P. Morgan Securities LLC with repeatedly submitting inaccurate large trader reports and imposes a $650,000 civil monetary penalty.
- DTCC launches new client data and documentation utility
Jul 29th, 2014 - Six founder banks and DTCC to deliver Clarient Entity Hub, combining new technology with existing DTCC capabilities in the client reference data space.
- US equities: off exchange snapshot
Jul 29th, 2014 - Dark pool volumes in June mostly flat after May's sharp drop, as clients shift flow among venues in wake of Barclays scandal.
- CISE appoints new Chief Executive
Jul 29th, 2014 - The Channel Islands Securities Exchange appoints Fiona Le Poidevin as its new chief executive.
- SIFMA releases excerpts from equity market structure roundtable discussion
Jul 29th, 2014 - SIFMA President and CEO Kenneth E. Bentsen participates in equity market structure reform roundtable.
- trueEX selects NASDAQ SMARTS surveillance platform
Jul 29th, 2014 - NASDAQ OMX to provide SMARTS Integrity market surveillance platform to trueEX Group.
- CFTC extends designation of DTCC-SWIFT as LEI provider
Jul 29th, 2014 - The Amended and Restated Order extends DTCC-SWIFT's designation for an additional one year, while the global LEI system becomes fully operational.
- JPX selects NASDAQ to develop derivatives platform
Jul 29th, 2014 - NASDAQ OMX Group and NTT DATA Corporation chosen as developers for Japan Exchange Group's derivatives trading system.
- Lloyds Banking Group: settlements reached on legacy LIBOR and BBA Repo Rate issues
Jul 29th, 2014 - Lloyds Banking Group reaches settlements totalling £218 million to resolve with UK and US federal authorities (1) legacy issues regarding the manipulation several years ago of Group companies' submissions to the British Bankers' Association (BBA) London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) and Sterling Repo Rate.
- McObject CEO Steve Graves chosen as Flash Memory Summit speaker
Jul 29th, 2014 - McObject CEO Steve Graves chosen as Flash Memory Summit speaker.
- KVH launches private cloud service
Jul 29th, 2014 - KVH launches private cloud service with SDN/NFV technologies from Midokura's MidoNet.
- Nasdaq OMX selects BNY Mellon for US Treasury clearing and custody
Jul 28th, 2014 - Nasdaq OMX appoints BNY Mellon for US Treasury clearing and custody.
- Lloyds Group agrees $105 million payment over CFTC LIBOR charges
Jul 28th, 2014 - CFTC charges Lloyds Banking Group and Lloyds Bank with manipulation, attempted manipulation, and false reporting of LIBOR. Banks agree to a $105 million settlement and agree to changes in systems and controls.
- Altreaus goes live with SunGard's risk management service
Jul 28th, 2014 - Atreaus Capital selects SunGard's Hedge360 Risk Reporting Service for risk management.
- Calypso appoints SVP of Sales and Marketing
Jul 28th, 2014 - Calypso Technology names Nat Natraj as global head of sales and marketıng.
- Exegy announces new business for enterprise migration package
Jul 28th, 2014 - Chicago prop firm selects Exegy solution.
- Tradable and TRADING CENTRAL develop new app
Jul 28th, 2014 - TRADING CENTRAL and Tradable app provides live trading signals on Tradable platform.
- Neonet extends Visual Trader interface
Jul 28th, 2014 - Neonet algorithmic trading suite now available with Visual Trader platform.
- Citigroup ATS LavaFlow settles for $5mn charge
Jul 25th, 2014 - New York-based LavaFlow has agreed to pay $5 million to settle the SEC's charges, including a $2.85 million penalty that is the agency's largest to date against an ATS.
- Automated Trader Update: Industry reshuffle and colo fair play
Jul 25th, 2014 - AT Q2/Q3 edition out, co-lo services in headlines, DFS proposes BitLicense regs, SIFMA on cybersecurity, SWIFT KYC adds banks, Interactive Data & Eze address AIFMD, IRESS harnesses Twitter, Thompson Reuters partners with BGC, OANDA releases xTrade Mobile 4.0, Omgeo partners with Unavista. O'Malia leaves CFTCC - joins ISDA. Vendors, brokers, exchanges and regulators announce appointments.
- Barclays and New York Attorney General in tit for tat
Jul 25th, 2014 - Barclays says New York Attorney General complaint not justified.
- ECB hacked - contact information stolen
Jul 25th, 2014 - ECB says email addresses and contact data stolen from its public website, theft from database separate from any internal system, and no market sensitive data compromised.