Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Automated Trader Update: Come together, right now, over derivatives
May 22nd, 2015 - AT reports from GDTRM Amsterdam. Banks plead guilty to FX misdemeanours, Banks partner for Visible Alpha. Smart beta research from FTSE Russell, post trade FIX use increasing, SWIFT forum polling results, GFT on BCBS239 behemoth, FIA addresses 'leap second', NYSE launches Bitcoin Index, ICAP debuts CNH Hub, ITG becomes Bondcube intermediary, Wall Sreet Horizon partners with Lucera, Thomson Reuters launches e-learning suite, BATS overhauls ETF tariffs, CRYEX selects Cinnober. Broadridge, Startupbootcamp Fintech, and LCH.Clearnet announce appointments.
- ISE appoints two new board members
May 22nd, 2015 - Eric Levine and Tyler Sorba join International Securities Exchange board of directors.
- TABB Group - 'European Swap Trading: Slow and Steady Wins the Race?'
May 21st, 2015 - European swaps market delays yielding benefits to end users as final MiFID rules emerge, says TABB.
- Broadridge to acquire Fiduciary Services and Competitive Intelligence business from Thomson Reuters
May 21st, 2015 - Acquisition will expand Broadridge's mutual fund data and reporting solutions.
- Thomson Reuters & SimCorp enhance Dimension users' access to pricing, reference content
May 21st, 2015 - Adapter brings configurable, transparent datascope pricing & data solution to SimCorp buy-side clients.
- CLS shareholders elect four new board directors
May 21st, 2015 - CLS Bank makes four new senior appointments to its board of directors.
- ICAP e-Commerce launches US Agency Securities matching engine
May 21st, 2015 - New service powered by premier ICAP US Agency Securities desk.
- #GDTRM15: Flash crash trader case proves gaps in surveillance - CFTC
May 21st, 2015 - CFTC commissioner Mark Wetjen says chronic underfunding has led to inadequate surveillance and proposes partnering with exchanges. Peter Barker reports from the Global Derivatives Trading and Risk Management conference.
- #GDTRM15: Remarks by CFTC commissioner Mark Wetjen
May 21st, 2015 - Applying the Insights of Joseph de la Vega's Confusion de Confusiones to Today's Derivatives Markets - a Case for More Transparency
- Buy-side algo trading volume downticks for first time in five years as commission wallets decline, says TABB Research
May 21st, 2015 - First of three-part 11th Annual Institutional Equity Trading Study reveals perfect storm of compliance demands, execution quality, tech issues driving firms to replace OMS/EMSs.
- euNetworks launches new Frankfurt to Zurich route
May 21st, 2015 - Route extends euNetworks existing London to Frankfurt route to Equinix's ZH2 IBX data centre in Zurich.
- Lawsky to quit NYDFS
May 21st, 2015 - Benjamin M. Lawsky to depart NYDFS after four years serving as the agency's first superintendent.
- SWIFT Institute research shows benefits of outsourcing by mutual funds
May 21st, 2015 - New research from the SWIFT Institute shows that mutual fund service outsourcing can bring benefits to investors; lower subscription fees and fund performance top the list.
- TABB Group - US/European interdealer volume now majority market share for global USD-swap market
May 21st, 2015 - New research shows regional liquidity fragmentation persists for global Euro-swap market but may be abating.
- Five major banks agree to parent-level guilty pleas
May 20th, 2015 - Five major banks - Citicorp, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Barclays plc, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and UBS AG - have agreed to plead guilty to felony charges.
- TOM offers free real-time market data to Interactive Brokers, Lynx and Today's Groep clients
May 20th, 2015 - TOM MTF makes real-time market data free of charge for all retail clients of Interactive Brokers, Lynx and Today's Groep.
- Europe continues to lead North America on adoption of smart beta according to new FTSE Russell research
May 20th, 2015 - FTSE Russell survey confirms that smart beta index adoption among institutional investors is growing and becoming more broad-based, with European asset owners continuing to lead their North American counterparts when evaluating and implementing new strategies.
- TradeStation: DBMS boosts flexibility in next-gen order execution
May 20th, 2015 - eXtremeDB Financial Edition DBMS powers innovation in TradeStation's order execution system.
- Broadridge adds two new execs to wealth management business
May 20th, 2015 - Liz Pedersen joins from UBS as SVP of wealth managed services and Traci Mabrey joins from Thomson Reuters as head of wealth solutions.
- Smaller private equity firms can deliver Alpha, says Guy Hands
May 20th, 2015 - Private equity firms should go back to the future to deliver on investor demands for Alpha returns, according to Guy Hands, chairman and CIO of Terra Firma Capital Partners.
- FCA fines Barclays £284,432,000 for forex failings
May 20th, 2015 - The Financial Conduct Authority has imposed a financial penalty of £284,432,000 on Barclays Bank for failing to control business practices in its foreign exchange business in London. This is the largest financial penalty ever imposed by the FCA, or its predecessor the Financial Services Authority.
- Wall Street Horizon and Lucena partner to integrate event data
May 20th, 2015 - Wall Street Horizon and Lucena Research partner to integrate event data onto the Lucena analytic platform.
- ACI statement on today's 'Wake up call to FX market'
May 20th, 2015 - Statement from the ACI Financial Markets Association on the US Department of Justice announcement in relation to the FX market on 20 May 2015.
- Thomson Reuters launches new suite of eLearning solutions
May 20th, 2015 - Thomson Reuters signs agreement with Present Value Training to expand its eLearning solutions for financial professionals facing increasing training requirements, starting in Asia
- NYDFS announces Barclays to pay $2.4 billion, terminate employees for spot FX trading market manipulation
May 20th, 2015 - Barclays Employee: "if you aint cheating, you aint trying. "Barclays FX Trader "[Y]es, the less competition the better." NYDFS to continue its investigation into electronic FX trading.
- Remarks of chairman Timothy Massad before the EU Parliament, Committee on Economics, Brussels
May 20th, 2015 - Remarks of chairman Timothy G. Massad before the European Union Parliament, Committee on Economics, Brussels, Belgium.
- Startupbootcamp Fintech London appoints MD
May 20th, 2015 - Liz Lumley joins Startupbootcamp Fintech London as managing director.
- #GDTRM15: Latest on derivatives markets' risk and regulation
May 20th, 2015 - Delegates had optimistic views for a transatlantic agreement on clearing house regulation, even as derivatives markets grapple with systemic risk signals worldwide.
- UBS participates in resolutions of industry-wide FX matter
May 20th, 2015 - Firm faces no criminal charges and no DOJ fine on FX. UBS granted conditional immunity from prosecution for FX by Antitrust Division of DOJ. DOJ to terminate 2012 LIBOR NPA requiring UBS to plead guilty on legacy LIBOR conduct and pay USD 203 million. Payment to Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System of USD 342 million. UBS fully provisioned for these resolutions; no financial impact on 2Q 2015 results.
- InvestYourWay offers Bitcoin as part of diversified portfolio
May 20th, 2015 - InvestYourWay clients can now invest in Bitcoins without needing to hold the product directly.