Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Liquidnet survey: Confidence in equity markets returns, sourcing liquidity takes centre stage
Mar 27th, 2015 - Conflicts of interest are among the top concerns for institutional investors. Trading venue consolidation is seen as inevitable; confidence in regulators globally remains low.
- Stellar connects to Osaka Exchange
Mar 27th, 2015 - Stellar Trading Systems joins Osaka Exchange.
- Automated Trader Update: Spring emerges
Mar 27th, 2015 - BRICS grouping still relevant? Interviews with heads of Intrast & XP Investimentos, WGC ponders hedging, JWG considers buyside reg strategy. AT reports from World exchange Congress. FIA responds to ESMA's MiFID II paper, issues SEF tracker for January, & a guide on ATS's. Hotspot plans London matching engine, ICE launches LBMA Gold Price, GBST & SAP sign FTT agreement, Fiera selects Fidessa, OptionsCity launches Metro Now, RavenPack partners FactSet.
- Sapient Global Markets report assesses trade reporting compliance
Mar 27th, 2015 - Report finds Initial investments and siloed approach to trade reporting impact firms' ability to manage the Total Cost of Ownership for trade reporting compliance.
- FSB warns of 'sharp and disorderly' market reversal
Mar 27th, 2015 - This week's FSB meeting identified major pressure points in the global financial system that could result in severe market shocks.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Left in the dark'
Mar 26th, 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Christian Voigt considers dark trade waiver flavours under MiFID II.
- AlgoSpan connects to Alphaflash
Mar 26th, 2015 - AlgoSpan customers can now receive AlphaFlash machine readable economic news feed over AlgoNet low latency infrastructure.
- SEC charges nearly two dozen unregistered broker-dealers
Mar 26th, 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has charged nearly two dozen companies and individuals who regularly bought and sold securities on behalf of a suburban Chicago-based trading firm without registering with the SEC as a broker-dealer as required under the federal securities laws.
- Oyak Securities selects CameronTec's Catalys
Mar 26th, 2015 - Turkish broker Oyak Securities selects CameronTec's Catalys.
- UBS implements SunGard's Investran Insight
Mar 26th, 2015 - UBS Fund Services enhances its client GP and LP reporting experience with SunGard's Investran Insight.
- SEC proposes off-exchange traders join national securities association
Mar 25th, 2015 - SEC proposes rule to require broker-dealers active in off-exchange market to become members of national securities association.
- Bank of England publishes independent review of RTGS outage
Mar 25th, 2015 - The Bank of England has published the results of an independent review by Deloitte of the disruption to the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system on 20 October 2014. The Bank also published its response, in which it accepted all of the review's recommendations and set out how it intends to implement each of them.
- First Chinese Money Market ETF lists in London
Mar 25th, 2015 - First London listed RMB denominated money market ETF to be traded and settled in RMB, GBP and EUR. Commerzbank CCBI RQFII Money Market UCITS ETF gives European investors access to China Interbank Bond Market securities.
- Olivetree Group announces demerger of technology business
Mar 25th, 2015 - OTAS Technologies to operate as independent entity.
- Neonet and SimCorp enhance integration
Mar 25th, 2015 - Neonet and SimCorp provide algorithmic trading capabilities.
- TSAM, Europe - Buy-side regulatory strategy: getting ahead of the game? JWG analysis
Mar 25th, 2015 - Buy-side regulatory strategy: getting ahead of the game? JWG analysis.
- Perseus opens regional HQ in HK
Mar 25th, 2015 - Perseus sets up regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
- Fiera Capital selects Fidessa for fixed income and derivatives
Mar 25th, 2015 - Canadian investment manager extends use of fully managed buy-side solution.
- HSBC becomes custodian for first RQFII money market ETF
Mar 25th, 2015 - RQFII ETF launched by CCB International Asset Management Limited and Commerzbank AGETF to be domiciled and listed in the UK.
- OptionsCity launches new trading platform
Mar 25th, 2015 - OptionsCity launches professional futures and options trading platform, Metro NOW.
- ESMA consults on draft guidelines for bond execution only services
Mar 24th, 2015 - Anna Lawry, counsel at Ropes & Gray, comments on ESMA's draft guidelines for complex debt instruments and structured deposits.
- GBST and SAP sign financial transaction tax processing agreement
Mar 24th, 2015 - GBST signs agreement with SAP to deliver financial transaction tax processing technology integrated with SAP HANA.
- BATS' Hotspot FX exchange plans launch of London matching engine
Mar 24th, 2015 - Hotspot's London matching engine will target Europe and Asia and specific FX currencies that dominate the European and Asian trading hours.
- FIA issues guide on the development and operation of automated trading systems
Mar 24th, 2015 - FIA's Guide to the Development and Operation of Automated Trading Systems presents a comprehensive overview of the approaches that should be considered when building, managing, and reviewing automated trading systems.
- Ex-Rabobank trader pleads guilty to LIBOR charges
Mar 24th, 2015 - Former U.K. Rabobank derivatives trader pleads guilty to LIBOR interest rate manipulation charges.
- First Derivatives acquires ActivateClients
Mar 24th, 2015 - First Derivatives acquires ActivateClients for software development and mobile technology capabilities, Pat Brazel appointed global head of software sales.
- Calastone connects to NBAD
Mar 24th, 2015 - Calastone expands Middle East coverage by connecting to National Bank of Abu Dhabi.
- RavenPack partners with FactSet to distribute equity sentiment indicators
Mar 24th, 2015 - Partnership will enable FactSet clients to incorporate RavenPack sentiment indicators into investment and trading strategies.
- FIA EPTA responds to ESMA MiFID II Consultation Paper
Mar 23rd, 2015 - FIA EPTA provides input to ESMA on their draft Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) on Level 2 of MiFID II / MiFIR.
- IBA launches LBMA Gold Price
Mar 23rd, 2015 - ICE Benchmark Administration launches LBMA Gold Price; Transitions gold price to transparent, electronic auction process.