Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- SEC charges former Goldman employee with insider trading
Nov 27th, 2015 - Former Goldman Sachs employee charged with insider trading before mergers.
- TWSE launches online Rules & Regulations Directory
Nov 27th, 2015 - The Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) has launched an online Rules & Regulations Directory on its website, providing a centralized location for all Taiwan capital market regulations in English and Chinese.
- Automated Trader Update: Risky business
Nov 27th, 2015 - FCA fines Barclays £72 M, CFTC approves risk rules, SIFMA issues cybersecurity results, Thales announces Datacryptor 5000, Fidessa on MiFID 2 delay and regulatory blindness. FIX opens tech standards, GlobalRisk & Interactive Data partner, LSE's ELITE goes live, DTCC debuts 'Data as a Service', EBS BrokerTec & SGX collaborate. BCS, Kx Systems, and Integral announce appointments.
- FCA fines Barclays £72 Million for poor handling of financial crime risks
Nov 26th, 2015 - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined Barclays Bank £72,069,400 for failing to minimise the risk that it may be used to facilitate financial crime.
- Trayport's BTS selected for Turkish power market
Nov 26th, 2015 - Power Solutions choose Trayport's Broker Trading System for Turkish power market.
- CLS and Markit extend FX settlement to cross currency swaps
Nov 26th, 2015 - Markit and CLS team to bring FX settlement to cross currency swaps.
- Fidessa blog: The train on platform MiFID 2 is delayed by one year
Nov 25th, 2015 - Fidessa's Steve Grob considers the implications of the likely one year delay of MiFID 2.
- Saxo Bank signs partnership with JSC Galt & Taggart
Nov 25th, 2015 - Saxo Bank agrees new white label partnership with JSC Galt & Taggart, a wholly owned investment banking subsidiary of Bank of Georgia Holdings listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- S&P & SNL: Risk exposure exceeds 75% of world gross domestic product at G-SIBs
Nov 25th, 2015 - S&P Capital IQ and SNL research shows concentrated financial risk as the world's 30 global systematically important banks have $59.759 trillion in exposures; the top 20 banks account for 83% of that total.
- Chi-X Australia's warrants trading platform commences
Nov 25th, 2015 - First step in Chi-X's investment products initiative.
- CFTC unanimously approves proposed rule on automated trading
Nov 24th, 2015 - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission unanimously approves proposed rules that mark a comprehensive regulatory response to the evolution of automated trading on U.S. designated contract markets (DCMs).
- Thales announces Datacryptor 5000 Series
Nov 25th, 2015 - Thales delivers high performance, low latency data protection for data in transit.
- Eurex offers Trade Entry Services to US customers
Nov 24th, 2015 - As of 16 November 2015, Eurex Trade Entry Services (TES) are available to customers based in the U.S.
- SIFMA announces key findings of the Quantum Dawn 3 cybersecurity exercise
Nov 24th, 2015 - SIFMA releases a summary of the key findings derived from its Quantum Dawn 3 cybersecurity exercise held on Sept. 16. Cybersecurity exercise encouraging, but vigilance essential.
- ITG launches POSIT Alert for India and Taiwan
Nov 24th, 2015 - Institutional block liquidity platform now available in 10 Asia Pacific countries and 36 countries globally.
- Altera announces Functional Safety Lockstep solution
Nov 24th, 2015 - Altera Functional Safety package combines FPGA flexibility with Lockstep processor solution.
- Management transition at Kx Systems
Nov 24th, 2015 - Janet Lustgarten to become chairwoman of Kx Systems, Brian Conlon appointed CEO, Mark Sykes named COO.
- Investec deploys Calastone Transfer Service
Nov 24th, 2015 - Investec Wealth & Investment goes live with Calastone Transfer Service.
- LSE ELITE Connect investor relations platform goes live
Nov 23rd, 2015 - London Stock Exchange Group's Elite Connect investor relations platform goes live.
- Interactive Data adds GTRA swaps feed from Bloomberg, CME, DTCC, ICE
Nov 25th, 2015 - Interactive Data to make Global Trade Repository Analytics' (GTRA) normalized swap data available via consolidated feed.
- DTCC's 'Data as a Service' offering now live
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Top-tier bank is the first to subscribe and go live on new fixed income, government securities division data feeds.
- Redline enters fixed income market with InRush for Nasdaq eSpeed
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Redline's InRush accelerated ticker plant now supports Nasdaq eSpeed, a fully executable central limit order book for electronic trading in U.S. Treasuries.
- BCS Global Markets appoints two non-executive directors
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Bradley Duke and Alex Romer-Lee appointed as non-executive directors to BCS UK board
- Team LMAX Exchange wins third leg of round the world race
Nov 23rd, 2015
- Source to launch physical ETF platform
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Source is launching a new physical fund platform in alliance with Legal & General Investment Management.
- Colt: Financial IT leaders choose intuition over hard data
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Study commissioned by Colt shows that 76% of European financial services IT leaders place high value on data for making technology decisions - yet 64% will defer to personal judgement and experience when making strategic decisions.
- Thomson Reuters integrates Zawya Financial Products into Eikon
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Thomson Reuters increases investor insight into MENA Markets with integration of Zawya Financial Products into Eikon.
- Exegy improves performance and features for derivatives markets
Nov 23rd, 2015 - Exegy enhances Exegy Ticker Plant and Exegy Market Data System.
- FIX introduces new open technical resource
Nov 23rd, 2015 - FIX Trading Community announces new open technical resource to facilitate software development.
- Fidessa blog: Can't see the wood for the regulatory trees?
Nov 20th, 2015