Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Flow Traders announces IPO details
Jun 30th, 2015 - Flow Traders announces indicative price range, offer size of planned IPO, start of offer period and publication of prospectus.
- Fidessa unveils new low-latency DMA platform
Jun 30th, 2015 - New platform provides access to global equity and derivatives markets.
- Broadridge announces new Advisor Intelligence tool
Jun 29th, 2015 - More financial advisors using ETFs than ever before, according to new Advisor Intelligence tool from Broadridge and Cogent Reports.
- Grexit or no Grexit, Europe is now fundamentally altered forever - TABB Group
Jun 29th, 2015 - TABB Group Europe's consulting analyst Rebecca Healey follows up on last week's Grexit comments: So the unthinkable is now reality. The war of words between the creditors and debtors deteriorated and we are now left with Greek banks shut for a week until the Greeks call a referendum on whether to accept the new bailout conditions set by the Troika.
- Greece Comment - Eurozone's cycle of crisis and hope continues
Jun 29th, 2015 - Jaisal Pastakia, Investment Manager at Heartwood Investment Management, comments on how against the major currencies including the US dollar, the euro remains within a three-month trading range, although its resilience is expected to be tested this week and beyond, depending on the news flow.
- GAIM 2015: What's next for managed futures?
Jun 29th, 2015 - Surge in performance of managed futures strategies examined by quant and systematic trading experts at the Global Alternative Investment Management conference.
- Nasdaq Index Calculation System launches
Jun 29th, 2015 - Offering gives exchanges index producer capabilities, opportunities for new revenue streams. Singapore Exchange to leverage technology to boost index services offering.
- QuantAlliance: Algorithmic trading as a weapon
Jun 29th, 2015 - Kristian Kristiansen from QuantAlliance believes algorithmic trading could be weaponized for financial warfare.
- Leap second event June 30 - FIA recommendations.
Jun 29th, 2015 - FIA Market Technology Division releases leap second recommendations
- Dutch alternative fund managers select BNY Mellon services
Jun 29th, 2015 - BNY Mellon appointed to provide alternatives depositary and administration services by Saemor Capital and Pelargos Capital in the Netherlands.
- Perseus-Fastback use Freedom Tower to create reflective wireless signal
Jun 29th, 2015 - Perseus deploys Fastback Networks to enable high speed connectivity in obstructed urban areas.
- SunGard survey: Private equity faces fee pressure as it expands
Jun 29th, 2015 - The private equity industry has good opportunities to grow and expand its reach, but its leaders predict mounting pressure on fees, costs and the amount of information provided, according to a global survey of 151 general partners (GPs) and limited partners (LPs) conducted by SunGard in collaboration with Longitude Research.
- SIX and Deutsche Borse negotiate sale of STOXX and Indexium shares
Jun 29th, 2015 - SIX has entered into negotiations with Deutsche Börse over the complete sale of the shares it holds in the joint ventures STOXX AG and Indexium AG.
- ShenYi Investment deploys Orc platform
Jun 29th, 2015 - Orc's Trading Bricks solution selected for ETF options trading on Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Record fund listings on London Stock Exchange in first half of 2015
Jun 26th, 2015 - 14 fund IPOs on London's markets in first half of 2015, raising £2.3bn, a 6%increase on last year. 20% of money raised is for US based managers. 461 funds now listed on London markets.
- City based philanthropists pledge to raise over half a million for young carers charity
Jun 26th, 2015 - City based October Club selects Honeypot Children's Charity to receive the proceeds from the UK's biggest annual fundraising dinner.
- Automated Trader Update: A spectre is haunting buy side
Jun 26th, 2015 - AT reports from GAIM, Monaco, buyside interviews from summer issue: Campbell & Co. and Skenderberg. Liquidnet addresses dark pool naysayers, EDHEC Risk on smart beta ETFs, US v Europe fixed income compared, Fidessa on 'Fitting RFQs under MiFID II'. T+2: EU goes live, US T+2 proposed. GMEX joins SFOA, Colt rejects Fidelity, Elliptic announces 'Bitcoin Big Bang', Nasdaq & Chain partner, Big Data news from Digital Contact; Azul & Feedzai; Software AG, and SunGard. Mediolanum selects Misys FusionInvest, CQG and Ditto Trade partner. CME Clearing, Wall Street Horizon, and LSE announce appointments.
- Optiver US settles class action litigation
Jun 26th, 2015 - Optiver US and two related companies and three former employees agreed in July 2014 to settle class action litigation related to Optiver US's March 2007 energy futures trading activity.
- Liquidnet Dark IEX new algorithm launched
Jun 25th, 2015 - Liquidnet Dark IEX algorithm provides the buyside with access to Liquidnet's institutional liquidity pool while working their orders within IEX.
- John Roeser named associate director of the Office of Market Supervision
Jun 25th, 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has appointed John C. Roeser as associate director and deputy head of the Office of Market Supervision in its Division of Trading and Markets.
- Ipreo to launch 'Investor Access'
Jun 25th, 2015 - Ipreo launches fixed income new-issue connection for buy & sell-side.
- Interactive Data's Consolidated Feed powers Tradelegs' strategy optimization platform
Jun 25th, 2015 - Investors will have access to options data to support custom single stock and portfolio strategies.
- Charles River survey ranks market & operational challenges for fixed income traders
Jun 25th, 2015 - Discovering and accessing liquidity remains the top market challenge for fixed income traders by a two-to-one ratio.
- Bovespa market data now available in Redline platforms
Jun 25th, 2015 - BM&F Bovespa market data is now supported in Redline's InRush 3 and available via its fully managed RedlineFeed.
- PFSOFT announces India platform
Jun 25th, 2015 - PFSOFT boosts Indian financial market with multi-asset Protrader platform.
- Mondovisione - Building blocks of an exchange
Jun 24th, 2015 - Financial markets have always been influenced by changes in technology, but the current rate of change is unprecedented. These changes create new opportunities for investors and intermediaries, and present new challenges for regulators.
- Nasdaq and Chain to partner on blockchain technology initiative
Jun 24th, 2015 - Nasdaq Private Market will be first project at Nasdaq to Use Chain's technology. Chain will be inaugural client on Nasdaq Private Market to leverage blockchain technology.
- CME delays closure of open outcry futures pits
Jun 24th, 2015 - CME Group delays closure of open outcry futures trading in Chicago and New York.
- Mediolanum selects Misys FusionInvest
Jun 24th, 2015 - Irish asset manager Mediolanum Asset Management selects Misys for redesign of its operating model and IT infrastructure.
- Feedzai and Azul Systems announce first joint customer win
Jun 24th, 2015 - Integrated solution provides the payment and ecommerce sectors with real-time fraud detection processing.