Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Object Trading provides DMA to ICE for NYSE LIFFE UK derivative products
Sep 17th, 2014 - Clients can complete trading access migration without changes to their market interface.
- SEC charges Latour Trading with violating net capital rule for broker-dealers
Sep 17th, 2014 - New York based HFT firm Latour to pay $16 million penalty, the largest ever for violations of the net capital rule.
- Redline announces ticker plant support for Windows
Sep 17th, 2014 - Redline Trading Solutions extends Windows support to InRush Ticker Plant.
- What is the Resolution Plan for CCPs?
Sep 17th, 2014 - CCP whitepaper from JP Morgan Chase: In the midst of a dramatic increase in the number of transactions channeled into central counterparties as required by regulation, CCPs have arguably become one of the most systemically important of any systemically important financial institution.
- Reduce conflicts of interest and curtail complexity, BlackRock tells SEC
Sep 17th, 2014 - BlackRock submits letter to SEC to provide buy-side perspective on potential proposed regulatory changes to US equity markets.
- SGX seeks feedback on establishment of Listings Committees
Sep 17th, 2014 - SGX consults market on independent listings committees and broader enforcement powers.
- LCH.Clearnet's SwapClear launches blended rate compression service
Sep 17th, 2014 - LCH.Clearnet's SwapClear's IRS service announces new blended rate compression service.
- GFT releases big data for financial services study
Sep 17th, 2014 - Big data management deemed key success or failure factor for banks to compete.
- ForexClear expands range of cleared currencies
Sep 17th, 2014 - ForexClear service now includes Peruvian Nuevo Sol.
- NovaSparks unveils NOVATick
Sep 17th, 2014 - NovaSparks FPGA feed handler solution offers scalability and functionalities typically found in software-only solutions.
- FCA CEO responds to Chairman's letter on HFT
Sep 17th, 2014 - Mr Martin Wheatley, CEO of the Financial Conduct Authority, responds to Lord Hollick, Chairman of the Economic Affairs Committee, following the Committee's evidence session on High Frequency Trading on 22 July 2014.
- DataArt updates free application to meet AIFMD requirements
Sep 17th, 2014 - Front-end application streamlines automated AIFMD filing for fund managers.
- BGC Partners announces third party clearing for swaps via Traiana's CreditLink
Sep 17th, 2014 - BGC Partners' SEF executes MAT third party clearing for swaps via Traiana's CreditLink.
- News Brief: Order type controversy in US equity markets
Sep 17th, 2014 - Whistleblower Haim Bodek takes on NYSE in comment letter. Direct Edge changes controversial order handling procedures.
- Allianz chooses Thomson Reuters TRPS
Sep 16th, 2014 - Allianz selects Thomson Reuters pricing service for fixed income pricing requirement.
- TABB Group issues August 2014 US Cash Equities LiquidityMatrix
Sep 16th, 2014 - TABB Group issues August 2014 US Cash Equities LiquidityMatrix.
- LCH.Clearnet implements Calypso platform
Sep 16th, 2014 - Calypso Collateral Management solution successfully introduced to LCH.Clearnet
- ITG launches FX Volatility Index Application
Sep 16th, 2014 - New tool tracks volatility in 20 currency pairs and 5 aggregates.
- ITRS opens Singapore office
Sep 16th, 2014 - ITRS expands Asia presence with new Singapore office.
- Markit partners with Pirum
Sep 15th, 2014 - Post trade services provider Pirum partners with Markit to enhance securities finance market data.
- TABB Group launches Clarity for US equity market trade execution
Sep 15th, 2014 - TABB Group introduces US equity market trading venue & routing analytics service for money managers, investors, brokers and trading venues.
- CFTC fines Morgan Stanley Smith Barney for supervision and records failures relating to its 'know its customer' procedures
Sep 15th, 2014 - CFTC also finds other supervisory failures relating to enforcement of imposed trading limits, responding timely and accurately to a CFTC document request, and maintaining adequate customer records.
- Victor Technologies and ACTIV Financial announce real-time risk analytics partnership
Sep 15th, 2014 - Victor Technologies' volatility feeds to be available to ACTIV data feed subscribers in real-time via ACTIV's distribution network.
- Victory Networks launches SpeedEdge, low latency feed handler
Sep 15th, 2014 - Victory Networks' low latency feed handler SpeedEdge API allows flexible, transparent solutions.
- HKEx, LME and LME Clear sign MoU with China Construction Bank
Sep 15th, 2014 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing, the London Metal Exchange, and LME Clear, sign memorandum of understanding with China Construction Bank to develop mainland China business.
- Protiviti survey says companies still need to get their data security houses in order
Sep 15th, 2014 - IT professionals report a lack of high confidence in preventing cyber attacks, according to Protiviti's 2014 IT Security and Privacy Survey.
- EGX chairman in NY to promote Egyptian economy, extends NASDAQ OMX tech contract
Sep 15th, 2014 - Egyptian Exchange chairman meets with major financial institutions in New York, extends contract to deploy NASDAQ OMX's X-Stream trading engine till 2020.
- BIS quarterly review September 2014 - Volatility stirs, markets unshaken
Sep 15th, 2014 - On-the-record remarks by Mr Claudio Borio, Head of the Monetary and Economic Department, and Mr Hyun Shin, Economic Adviser & Head of Research, Bank for International Settlement.
- MR2 for Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect completes
Sep 15th, 2014 - HKEx successfully completes second round market rehearsal for Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect.
- CBOE and C2 discuss regulatory services agreement with FINRA
Sep 15th, 2014 - FINRA may provide certain regulatory services to the CBOE and C2 options markets.