Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Ipreo partners with Social Alpha to power social media analytics
Sep 01st, 2015 - Social Alpha and Ipreo integrate new social media analytics capabilities into BD Corporate, Ipreo's investor relations workflow platform.
- LSEG: Monte Titoli completes migration to T2S
Sep 01st, 2015 -Monte Titoli successfully migrates to the European Central Bank's Target2-Securities (T2S) platform.
- Nasdaq Futures data available on Interactive Data's Consolidated Feed
Sep 01st, 2015 - Expansion deepens Interactive Data's coverage of US derivatives and energy marketplace.
- BNY Mellon names Michelle Neal as president
Sep 01st, 2015 - BNY Mellon appoints Deutsche Bank's Michelle Neal as president of BNY Mellon Markets Group.
- First regulated yen-swap trade on Tradeweb
Sep 01st, 2015 - Tradeweb granted ETP licence by Japan's Financial Services Agency.
- Avery Trading selects Orc Tbricks spread trading solution
Sep 01st, 2015 - Avery Trading chooses Orc Tbricks for spread trading on CME Globex.
- Taiwan and Japan Exchanges expand cooperation
Sep 01st, 2015 - The Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Japan Exchange Group (JPX) to expand their international links with the listing of the first leveraged and inverse ETFs tracking the benchmark TOPIX index on TWSE.
- Latest issue of FIA SEF tracker now available!
Sep 01st, 2015 - FIA releases 15th Issue of SEF tracker - January 2014 to June 2015.
- Bloomberg launches ETP in Japan
Sep 01st, 2015 - Bloomberg Tradebook Japan launches Electronic Trading Platform in support of mandatory electronic trading of Japanese yen interest rate swaps.
- ESMA consults on ITS under MiFID II
Sep 01st, 2015 - ESMA issues consultation paper on MIFID II standards regarding trading suspensions, data service providers and derivatives reporting.
- HFT risks go down as US lawsuits dismissed - Dechert
Aug 31st, 2015 - With dismissal of another set of major high frequency trading suits, litigation risk from providing fast data and other services to high frequency traders fades, write Dechert's Kathleen Massey, partner, and Jeffrey Benner, associate.
- 'Battle of machines' begins for insurance industry - KPMG
Aug 31st, 2015 - The insurance sector is starting to take notice of machine learning, but will have to overcome cultural differences to embrace and implement artificial intelligence technologies, writes KPMG's global head of insurance, Gary Reader.
- Italy joins T2S - The next step in harmonising Europe's settlement structure
Aug 31st, 2015 - Comment from Kashyap Kapasi, Director, Strategic Solutions, Investment Services, Fiserv.
- Hatstand launches Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
Aug 28th, 2015 - Hatstand Cybersecurity Risk Assessment to help strengthen businesses' Cyber risk governance programmes.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'All together now...'
Aug 28th, 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested: A common approach will be key to minimising the fallout of MiFID II implementation, particularly around the extra data required for record keeping and transaction reporting and for algo identification.
- Automated Trader Update: Don't Panic. 'Normal' service will resume
Aug 28th, 2015 - Market swings, circuit breakers and VIX glitches: analysis, insights and advice from OptionMetrics, New Capital, RLAM, FactSet and more... CFTC fines FCStone, CFA finds ethics in investing, Fun and games from Stockfuse and Stockfighter. FIA EPTA considers threat to liquidity, Investment Assc. & AFME agree IOI code. Fidessa reports on SOR, managed futures ranking from RCM, eVestment July hedge flows, LME introduces market making, Global Liquidity Partners deploys CameronTec's FIX gateway, Markit to acquire DealHub, BlackRock buys FutureAdvisor.
- eVestment - Q2 Stock Ownership Report
Aug 27th, 2015 - The report includes data on trends in stock ownership, buying and selling among institutional investment asset managers working on behalf of global institutional investors.
- FIA, FIA Europe and FIA Asia announce merger plans
Aug 27th, 2015 - The respective boards of FIA, FIA Europe and FIA Asia agree to formally merge the three associations in the first quarter of 2016.
- GDPR...tick...tock...tick...tock - JWG Analysis
Aug 27th, 2015 - Amongst a number of themes and issues that are raised on a regular basis at JWG's monthly Customer Data Management Group (CDMG) meetings, data protection and the need for harmonisation are consistently top contenders...
- US market volatility in 2 charts - OptionMetrics
Aug 26th, 2015 - What volatility indices say about what happened in US markets on Monday, and what to expect next.
- Preqin: Hedge fund industry sees $76bn net inflow in H1 2015
Aug 26th, 2015 - Industry assets now exceed $3.2tn after investors allocate more money to hedge funds.
- Don't Panic! Understanding ETF Flash Crashes - FactSet Insight
Aug 26th, 2015 - The most useful part of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, according to the novel by the late Douglas Adams, is that it has the words "Don't Panic" written on the cover in large friendly letters. ETF investors would do well to take those words to heart. By Dave Nadig, Director of Exchange Traded Funds, FactSet.
- BlackRock to acquire FutureAdvisor
Aug 26th, 2015 - Acquisition will combining B2B technology-enabled advice capabilities and investment and risk management solutions.
- Stockfuse platform can 'help win a spot on Wall Street'
Aug 26th, 2015 - The Stockfuse virtual trading platform integrates social gaming, psychology and machine learning techniques to help talent acquisition.
- Fidessa - What you see is not what you get: the challenge of truly 'smart' order routing
Aug 26th, 2015 - Will Winzor-Saile, Electronic Execution Product specialist at Fidessa, highlights the challenges of achieving 'truly' smart order routing in a marketplace where things are rarely what they seem.
- REGIS-TR confirmed as RRM for energy transactions
Aug 26th, 2015 - ACER approves REGIS-TR as Registered Reporting Mechanism for REMIT.
- Global Liquidity Partners deploys CameronTec's FIX gateway
Aug 26th, 2015 - Global Liquidity Partners selects Catalys to power algo execution & routing services.
- Investors and brokers agree landmark share-dealing code
Aug 25th, 2015 - The Investment Association and the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) agree code of conduct for the use of 'Indications of Interest'. Bloomberg to facilitate the new code.
- New Capital Insights - Panic selling in China's equity markets
Aug 25th, 2015 - By Mansfield Mok, Portfolio Manager, New Capital China Equity Fund, EFG Asset Management.
- ESG issues are major factors in investment decisions - CFA Institute
Aug 25th, 2015 - Majority of investment professionals use environmental, social and governance information when making decisions, according to a recent CFA Institute survey.