Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Results of Fidessa's 'Temperature Check' at FIA uncover opinions on use of algorithms for derivatives
Nov 21st, 2014 - Audience poll in Chicago reveals vast majority believe algo usage in derivatives set to grow.
- Thomson Reuters launches Thomson ONE wealth management mobile solution for iPhone, Android & Blackberry
Nov 21st, 2014 - Thomson ONE Anywhere allows financial advisors and wealth managers to stay connected to market and client information while away from their desktops.
- eVestment hedge fund asset flows monthly summary - October 2014
Nov 21st, 2014 - Investor redemptions outpace new allocations for second consecutive month. Equity and credit funds face redemption pressures, macro and managed futures lead to the downside.
- Automated Trader Update: How much is that data in the window?
Nov 21st, 2014 - The future and role of exchanges discussed at Mondo Visione's Exchange Forum, RegSCI formalises systems safety measures, Bart Chilton speaks at Battle of the Quants, Shanghai HK Stock Connect launches. Reports from Thomson Reuters, CPMI, & FIMA. Corvil connects to kdb+, Eze expands Liquidnet partnership, Integral announces FX Yield Manager, Thomson Reuters expands Elektron, SunGard adds MTS BondVision, McObject and Lucera set records. Chi-X Australia, Calastone, and DB's MNI announce appointments.
- Deutsche Borse acquires minority stake in R5FX
Nov 21st, 2014 - R5 offers a new electronic marketplace for emerging market foreign exchange (EMFX) and electronic non-deliverable forwards (eNDF).
- FIA Global requests segregated margin be excluded from Basel III capital requirements
Nov 21st, 2014 - FIA Global requests segregated margin be excluded from Basel III capital requirements.
- Cebulon selects Tbricks for market making
Nov 21st, 2014 - Cebulon selects Tbricks for index options market making on Liffe and TOM.
- Wedbush Securities and two officials agree to settle SEC case
Nov 20th, 2014 - SEC fines Wedbush Securities $2.44 million for market access violations.
- UK challenge to banking bonus cap rejected - CIPD responds
Nov 20th, 2014 - Disappointed but not surprised, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development responds to decision on UK's challenge to the EU's banking bonus cap.
- Volatility trading and quantitative macro hedge funds outperform in October says Newedge
Nov 20th, 2014 - Newedge's indices show quantitative macro strategies lead 2014 YTD returns.
- 225+ investment managers deploy Omgeo ALERT for FX SSI
Nov 20th, 2014 - Over 225 investment managers now using Omgeo ALERT for FX standing settlement instructions.
- Convergex introduces marketplace's first new ADR depositary in nearly 20 years
Nov 20th, 2014 - Firm can now create unsponsored ADR programs, giving U.S. investors new access to foreign companies.
- Ontario Securities Commission approves Aequitas NEO Exchange
Nov 20th, 2014 - Aequitas and Aequitas NEO Exchange to be effective March 1, 2015.
- BGC Partners extends tender offer to acquire GFI Group
Nov 20th, 2014 - BGC's tender offer for GFI Group now scheduled to expire at 5:00 pm New York time on December 9, 2014.
- OTAS: BNP under investigation for insider dealing
Nov 20th, 2014 - Insights from Simon Maughan, Head of Product Specialists at OTAS Technologies.
- OptionsCity acquires Optionshop
Nov 20th, 2014 - OptionsCity Software acquires futures trading technology provider Optionshop.
- Azul Systems releases certified builds of OpenJDK
Nov 20th, 2014 - DevOps teams can now use open source Java runtime.
- SGX takes on Australian market evaluation tool
Nov 20th, 2014 - SGX selects CMCRC's Market Quality Dashboard to evaluate Singapore market.
- SEC adopts rules to improve systems compliance and integrity
Nov 20th, 2014 - SEC and industry comments on new rules to strengthen technology infrastructure of securities markets.
- ConvergEx Group subsidiary sentenced for securities fraud scheme
Nov 20th, 2014 - ConvergEx Global Markets ordered to pay a criminal penalty and restitution of $26 million for wire fraud.
- BGC reaches resolution with the FCA over GFI Group stake
Nov 19th, 2014 - BGC has resolved matters with the FCA regarding exceeding a 10% stake in GFI Group.
- Silverfinch and Fundsquare to provide look-though data in Europe
Nov 19th, 2014 - Silverfinch and Fundsquare partner to provide Solvency II look-through solution across Europe.
- Mondo Visione Exchange Forum: Industry debates the role and future of exchanges
Nov 19th, 2014 - Scrutiny of exchanges' business models made for heated debate at last week's Exchange Forum conference hosted by publisher Mondo Visione, as tempers continue to ignite over the cost of market data in Europe.
- In first cloud-based STAC-M3 benchmark, McObject and Lucera set records for market data analysis
Nov 19th, 2014 - Lucera partners with McObject to offer eXtremeDB Financial Edition database system as a service in its cloud for financial institutions.
- Thomson Reuters report highlights rising costs of non-compliance
Nov 19th, 2014 - Increased regulatory scrutiny and complexity, enforced business changes and individuals being held personally accountable are all set to continue as a result of continuing widespread compliance failures.
- Qatari bank selects SunGard risk solutions
Nov 19th, 2014 - Qatari based Ahli bank drives strategic risk management with SunGard.
- SEC charges unregistered Florida broker with day trading fraud
Nov 19th, 2014 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has charged an unregistered broker living outside Tampa, Fla., with stealing investor funds as part of a fraudulent day trading scheme.
- Egar Technology joins MISYS InFusion Partner programme
Nov 19th, 2014 - Egar Technology partners with MISYS to implement solutions for the securities, treasury and risk management sectors in Russia and the CIS.
- Former CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton advances principles for modern markets at 'Battle of the Quants' event
Nov 18th, 2014 - MMI Senior Advisor Chilton says, "Let's look beyond 'False Boys' and put the truth and better markets at the forefront of our efforts for the future."
- ICAP's EBS FX liquidity pool to launch early 2015
Nov 18th, 2014 - EBS introduces EBS Select: an anonymous, segmented, bilateral liquidity pool.