Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- MotiveWave joins OANDA's partner program
Sep 02nd, 2014 - OANDA partners with MotiveWave Software to add professional FX trading analysis tools.
- EEX launches new transparency website
Sep 02nd, 2014 - European Energy Exchange platform 'Transparency in Energy Market ' provides data and information for wholesale energy trading.
- FIA Europe appoints new Director of Regulation
Sep 02nd, 2014 - Corinna Schempp joins FIA Europe from LCH.Clearnet.
- Frontloading still a thorn in industry's side
Sep 02nd, 2014 - Despite a phased-in approach for the clearing obligation, frontloading continues to present major operational challenges for buy side firm caught in the "category 2" net. AT considers the responses from ESMA's clearing obligation consultation for this and other issues.
- TWSE meets with LSE to promote Taiwan market in the UK
Sep 02nd, 2014 - Taiwan Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange discuss potential cross-border trading cooperation.
- Bravura appoints new CFO
Sep 02nd, 2014 - Bravura Solutions appoints Martin Deda as Chief Financial Officer.
- Azul Systems to share Java knowledge and innovation at JavaOne 2014
Sep 02nd, 2014 - Gil Tene, Azul CTO, to headline three sessions at conference.
- SunGard and PRMIA survey sees shift in attitude to risk management
Sep 02nd, 2014 - SunGard and PRMIA research reveals risk management evolution from regulatory burden to strategic function.
- KRX implements after-hour market reshuffling and volatility
Sep 02nd, 2014 - Korea Exchange: implementation of after-hour market reshuffling and volatility.
- ASIC fines Goldman Sachs for mistake causing market distortion
Sep 02nd, 2014 - Goldman Sachs Australia Pty Ltd pays $35,000 infringement notice penalty.
- HFT spat to be arbitrated by CME
Sep 01st, 2014 - HTG Capital makes allegation that rival Allston Trading is spoofing in an arbitration case filed with CME. AT takes a look at reactions to the news.
- SGX & MAS propose greater retail access to bonds
Sep 01st, 2014 - Singapore Exchange and Monetary Authority of Singapore proposal to provide retail investors with improved access to bonds currently offered only to institutional and accredited investors.
- Minister of Awqaf and EGX Chairman to educate preachers about stock market mechanisms
Sep 01st, 2014 - Egyptian Exchange Chairman and Minister of Awqaf plan training sessions for elders to familiarise them with the role of stock the market.
- Invesco PowerShares appoints Business Development Director
Sep 01st, 2014 -Gilles Boitel appointed Invesco Powershares Business Development Director - Switzerland
- Hong Kong Exchange news round-up
Sep 01st, 2014 - HKEx completes first rehearsal for Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect. US class action claims against LME dismissed; HKEx and LMEH remain as defendants. CRO and head of listing presents concept paper on weighted voting rights.
- Automated Trader Update: Ticks, leaks, and real-time tricks
Aug 29th, 2014 - SEC announces tick pilot programme, FSB meets in Kyoto, Merrill Lynch, RBS & Nat West fined, IMF Chief under investigation, Azul CTO speaks on Java, FC issues collateral management whitepaper, eVestment reports on Hedge Funds, ASEAN asset class on track, TWSE rolls out second generation FAST system, TASE considers Mon-Fri trading, Bursa Malaysia introduces ASEAN PostTrade services. CME Group, CFTC, MMI, and Euronext announce appointments.
- Garbage In, Garbage Out: An Optical Tour of the Role of Strategy in Venue Analysis
Aug 29th, 2014 - ITG's Ian Domowitz asks: is consideration of trading strategy an essential component in assessing venue performance?
- Ex-Deutsche equity trading head gaming the markets
Aug 29th, 2014 - New app brings together live market information, news and market sentiment.
- London Metal Exchange live with LMEwire phase 2
Aug 29th, 2014 - Cinnober's TRADExpress enables simpler trade reporting for the London Metal Exchange.
- SmartStream hires Head of Transformation Services
Aug 29th, 2014 - Industry veteran Tom Dalglish joins SmartStream to head transformation services.
- FxPro launches FxProWebTrader platform
Aug 29th, 2014 - New MT4 WebTrader platform available with FxPro.
- ICMA victory to avoid next Argentina
Aug 29th, 2014 - International Capital Market Association revised and updated collective action clauses and a new standard pari passu clause to facilitate sovereign debt restructurings.
- Thomson Reuters named official calculating agent for CNT TAIBOR Benchmark
Aug 29th, 2014 - TFEMDF selects Thomson Reuters to facilitate internationalisation of renminbi.
- FIA publishes fifth SEF Tracker
Aug 29th, 2014 - FIA's fifth SEF Tracker allows users to analyse underlying data.
- FCA fines Deutsche Bank £4.7m for transaction reporting failures
Aug 28th, 2014 - Deutsche Bank AG London Branch has been fined £4,718,800 by the Financial Conduct Authority for incorrectly reporting transactions between November 2007 and April 2013.
- Interactive Data launches continuous fixed income evaluated pricing service
Aug 28th, 2014 - Service expanded to offer continuous evaluated pricing across multiple fixed income asset classes.
- FCA fines RBS and NatWest for failures in mortgage advice process
Aug 28th, 2014 - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined The Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest £14,474,600 for serious failings in their advised mortgage sales business.
- NRI launches T-MONOLIX ARENA Private Cloud Service
Aug 28th, 2014 - Nomura Research Institute launches first private cloud solution to investment managers in Japan
- CME Group promotes John Pietrowicz to CFO
Aug 28th, 2014 - John Pietrowicz to replace Jamie Parisi as Senior Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer, CME Group.
- IMF chief charged in France
Aug 28th, 2014 - Christine Lagarde investigated over Tapie state payout.