Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- OpenDoor appoints Robert Grillo as president
May 23rd, 2016 - OpenDoor Trading names former BAML sales head Robert Grillo as president.
- Natixis licenses new FTSE Custom 150 index
May 23rd, 2016 - Natixis and FTSE Russell new index aims to bypass the market capitalisation bias of traditional indices.
- CBOE takes equity stake in Eris Exchange
May 23rd, 2016 - Companies announce strategic product partnership to develop and distribute proprietary products, services and market data.
- FactSet to sell Market Metrics business
May 23rd, 2016 - Asset International to buy Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions for $165 million.
- Markit adds Germany to derivatives trade management service
May 23rd, 2016 - Federal Republic of Germany is newest customer of Markit trade management service for OTC derivatives.
- OpenFin expands London management team
May 23rd, 2016 - OpenFin appoints Cecilia Harvey, Director of Account Management, Leigha Ruiz, COO Europe.
- LCH Spider new portfolio margining service goes live
May 23rd, 2016 - LCH Spider enables margin offsets between listed and OTC interest rate derivatives portfolios.
- FXecosystem goes live with Metamako
May 23rd, 2016 - FXecosystem selects Metamako for lower latency and network control.
- Automated Trader Update: ESMA chairman: No need for new liquidity rules for asset managers
May 20th, 2016 - Maijoor rebuffs asset management industry reforms, ESMA issues risk dashboard, Sydney Exchange & Bit Trade in blockchain partnership, MiFID 2 officially delayed to 3rd Jan 2018, Citadel buys Citi automated trading desk assets, RISE establishes test network, Barclays & Planixs collaborate, HSBC launches OTC Clearing Collateral Service.
- Next Money launches Global Fintech Radar Challenge
May 20th, 2016 - Next Money invites the Open Source developer community to build the ultimate fintech data, news and insight tool.
- SwapClear compresses over 1 quadrillion US dollars of cleared notional
May 20th, 2016 - Notional outstanding now stands at $280 trillion, down from all time high of $452 trillion in November 2013.
- Euroclear and Lyxor form fixed income liquidity collaboration
May 20th, 2016 - e-Data Liquidity to provide investors with a tool to evaluate the liquidity of their assets.
- Microsemi announces RTG4 PROTO FPGAs
May 19th, 2016 - RTG4 PROTO FPGAs to enable lower cost prototyping and design validation for high-speed radiation-tolerant FPGAs.
- What's under MAR's umbrella of market abuse?
May 19th, 2016 - NICE Actimize looks at the scope of the regulation and just what's covered under the rules ahead of the fast-approaching July 3 implementation deadline. By Mark Follows.
- OpenLink/Baringa white paper: New horizon in treasury management for commodity intensive corporates
May 19th, 2016 - OpenLink and Baringa launch new research exploring the best practice in treasury management for commodity intensive corporates.
- Russia's Sberbank implements electronic trading platform
May 19th, 2016 - The corporate and investment banking business of Russian institution Sberbank, Sberbank CIB, has launched an electronic trading platform.
- ESMA's Maijoor: No need for new asset management rules (yet)
May 19th, 2016 - ESMA chairman Steven Maijoor rejects central bankers' calls for new liquidity management rules for asset managers.
- ayondo announces CFO appointment
May 19th, 2016 - Rick Fulton joins ayondo from Daiwa Securities.
- Confluence data-driven platform to provide regulatory reporting solution
May 19th, 2016 - Confluence to launch single-source, data-centric platform for industry-wide regulatory reporting, including proposed sec form N-PORT.
- Sydney Exchange and Bit Trade announce blockchain partnership
May 19th, 2016 - Sydney Stock Exchange and Bit Trade Labs partner to develop a public blockchain system.
- Eze Software appoints Brad Rinklin as senior MD
May 19th, 2016 - Akamai's Brad Rinklin joins Eze Software management team.
- MiFID 2 - Now with official (time) stamp of approval
May 18th, 2016 - Not that anyone hadn't seen it coming, but it's been made official: MiFID 2 is delayed to 3 January 2018
- RISE launches blockchain for post-trade sector
May 18th, 2016 - Banks, custodians and CSDs test new RISE technology. Test network to be established to support different industry verticals.
- Liquidnet appoints sales director for Germany
May 18th, 2016 - Industry veteran Dirk Griesmeyer to increase push into continental Europe and German-speaking regions
- SWIFT shares blockchain survey results
May 18th, 2016 - SWIFT shares industry insights from annual Business Forum London event. Results identify securities settlement as an area to be most impacted by distributed ledger technology in the next five years.
- PTMC trading platform now available via OANDA
May 18th, 2016 - OANDA to provide trade execution and market data to the PFSOFT Protrader Multi-Connect solution through OANDA's REST API.
- SEC awards more than 5 million dollars to whistleblower
May 18th, 2016 - Award is SEC Program's third highest to date.
- SmartStream names Haytham Kaddoura as CEO
May 18th, 2016 - Haytham Kaddoura appointed SmartStream CEO, Philippe Chambadal to assume role of President.
- LSEG & Deutsche Borse update timetable
May 18th, 2016 - Shareholder documents to be published in June, shareholder meetings to take place in July, acceptance period to end in July.
- Canadian Securities Exchange selects Itiviti test automation solution
May 18th, 2016 - Itiviti delivers multi-protocol automated testing solution to the Canadian Securities Exchange.