Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Euronext announces senior appointments in its post trade business
Aug 22nd, 2014 - Euronext names Andre Simpon head of post trade; Hugo Rocha appointed member of Managing Board.
- Automated Trader Update: Firms behaving badly
Aug 22nd, 2014 - BofA agrees record settlement, Linkbrokers & Wedbush in the firing line, MiFID II/MiFIR consultation report, BM&FBovespa clearing house debuts, SEC on track says TABB, CMCRC advocates data not tech, DTCC/SWIFT first in LEI ranking, NASDAQ 'stuck orders', HKEx announces ASP framework, Markit's first results since IPO, Euronext launches equity options, CloudFX introduces CloudSelect. LSEG, DB, MarketAxess, & Options announce appointments.
- ASEAN Exchanges on track to create an ASEAN asset class
Aug 22nd, 2014 - ASEAN Exchanges CEOs meet to discuss marketing and promotion of ASEAN as one asset class.
- High profile hires at Modern Markets Initiative
Aug 22nd, 2014 - Trading industry lobby group scoops electronic trading veteran Bill Harts as CEO and law firm DLA Piper's Bart Chilton, former CFTC commissioner and critic of HFT "cheetahs".
- ConvergEx issues U.S. monetary policy survey - Yellen gets a 'B' from investors
Aug 21st, 2014 - ConvergEx Group survey finds less than half of respondents approve of job the Fed is doing. Two-thirds of respondents say central bank has too much influence on markets. Financial professionals name Paul Volcker as best Federal Reserve chairman of all time.
- eVestment monthly summary: Hedge fund asset flows report
Aug 21st, 2014 - Hedge fund inflows muted in July, assets decline for second time in 2014. Equity fund inflows remained strong as redemptions returned to credit strategies.
- BoA settles for $16.65bn with US DoJ
Aug 21st, 2014 - Bank of America to pay largest settlement on record for financial fraud leading up to and during the financial crisis.
- Perseus offers trading access and risk compliance for Eris Exchange
Aug 21st, 2014 - All asset class network and High Precision Time for Interest Rate Swap Futures goes live.
- Risk & Volatility Index Dashboard
Aug 21st, 2014 - S & P Dow Jones Indices - Risk & Volatility Index Dashboard
- ESMA publishes responses received to first Consultation paper on Clearing Obligation
Aug 21st, 2014 - ESMA publishes responses received to first Consultation paper on Clearing Obligation.
- FSB publishes FX benchmark consultation responses
Aug 21st, 2014 - Financial Stability Board publishes comments to the July 2014 Foreign Exchange Benchmarks Consultative Report.
- MNI India Business Sentiment
Aug 21st, 2014 - MNI India Business Indicator falls to 68.4 in August from 70.0 in July. Business confidence remains firm.
- LCH.Clearnet expands presence in Australia
Aug 21st, 2014 - Marcus Robinson appointed Head of SwapClear Australia.
- NovaSparks releases FPGA-based feed handler for OPRA
Aug 21st, 2014 - NovaSparks FPGA based solution said to handle over 10 times the current message peak rate of the consolidated options feed.
- Broadridge appoints new President of Global Sales, Marketing and Client Solutions
Aug 21st, 2014 - Christopher J. Perry to join Broadridge as President of Global Sales, Marketing and Client Solutions in September.
- Citi launches Execution to Custody (E2C) solution in Latin America
Aug 20th, 2014 - Citi's Execution to Custody (E2C) solution performs operations in security markets through a single contact.
- Chief information officer Thomas Bayer to leave SEC
Aug 20th, 2014 - The Securities and Exchange Commission's chief information officer Thomas Bayer plans to leave the agency in October.
- Dimensional selects Calastone network
Aug 20th, 2014 - Dimensional Fund Advisors automates processing with Calastone's fund transaction network service.
- Euronext launches equity options on Euronext N.V.
Aug 20th, 2014 - Euronext new options to be listed in Spotlight Options special segment.
- Caplin Systems launches Caplin FX mobile
Aug 19th, 2014 - Caplin Systems launches FX mobile trading app.
- Deutsche Bank hires IT execs from Goldman Sachs and RBS
Aug 19th, 2014 - Richard Shannon appointed as Americas chief information officer and co-head of Group Technology & Operations Americas. Scott Marcar appointed as head of IT Infrastructure.
- DTCC/SWIFT ranks first in TABB Group's new comprehensive global quarterly ranking of LEI infrastructures
Aug 19th, 2014 - Exclusive Legal Entity Identifier ranking measures 14 providers on data validity aggregated by P-LEI.org. WM Datenservice, London Stock Exchange, Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Takasbank also recognised.
- Industry responds to ESMA on HFT, DMA - analysis
Aug 19th, 2014 - Responses from across the industry could provide insight on the shape of regulation to come. Automated Trader takes a look at some of the key issues such as HFT and DMA definitions, as well as market data costs.
- TradeNext appoints Larry De Souza as director, sales and trading
Aug 19th, 2014 - Larry De Souza appointed to boost TradeNext institutional offering.
- Algo-Logic Systems launches second generation 100G TOR switch for datacentres
Aug 19th, 2014 - Altera and Algo-Logic Systems collaborate to deliver Top-of-Rack switching for rack-scale datacentre deployments.
- CloudFX launches CloudSelect CSB platform
Aug 19th, 2014 - CloudFX Group announces Cloud Services Brokerage platform - CloudSelect.
- David Wright joins MarketAxess Europe
Aug 19th, 2014 - MarketAxess hires David Wright as Head of Investor and Dealer Client Sales.
- Mondo Visione: Exchanges sector in midst of disruptive forces and innovation
Aug 19th, 2014 - Unprecedented change in global financial markets not yet reflected in the FTSE Mondo Visione Exchanges Index.
- AP3 selects SuperDerivatives' market data
Aug 19th, 2014 - AP3, Swedish Third National Pension Fund to use SuperDerivatives' market data.
- BM&FBOVESPA Clearinghouse starts operating
Aug 19th, 2014 - BM&FBOVESPA Clearinghouse goes into operation using the new Closeout Risk Evaluation (CORE) integrated risk calculation system. First phase will migrate the exchange-traded and OTC derivatives market.