Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Curve Global apparently does some trades on launch day
Sep 26th, 2016 - Curve Ball - nobody can really see them on supposed "open access" exchange.
- R3 and eight banks trial Intel blockchain tech for bond trading
Sep 26th, 2016 - R3, Intel and eight R3 consortium member banks successfully test distributed ledger prototype for bond transactions using Intel Sawtooth Lake technology.
- Five new members join Hyperledger Project
Sep 26th, 2016 - Aesthetic Integration, BLOCKO Inc., Hangzhou Fuzamei Technology, PDX Technologies and Zhejiang Shuqin Technology join Hyperledger blockchain initiative.
- CBOE confirms Bats acquisition for USD 3.2 billion
Sep 26th, 2016 - CBOE expects to utilize Bats' proprietary trading technology by migrating trading in all of the combined company's markets onto a single platform.
- LSE's CurveGlobal Open Access derivatives platform goes live
Sep 26th, 2016 - CurveGlobal, the new interest rate derivatives venture developed by London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) with a number of major dealer banks has gone live.
- BT announces BT Compute for Microsoft Azure
Sep 26th, 2016 - BT joins forces with Microsoft to simplify hybrid cloud.
- LMAX Exchange expands in New York
Sep 26th, 2016 - LMAX Exchange, the MTF for FX, has launched its North American matching engine in the Equinix IBX data centre in New York.
- Major banks launch steering group for blockchain payments
Sep 26th, 2016 - Group members unite to create Global Payments Steering Group (GPSG), the first rules-based blockchain payments network.
- BCS and Caderus form China/Russia cross-border investment partnership
Sep 26th, 2016 - Agreement will aid distribution of first Chinese equity fund in Russia.
- GFT joins Google Cloud Platform to drive blockchain testing
Sep 26th, 2016 - Collaboration enables banking clients to simulate real-world distributed ledger models within a distributed and scalable test environment.
- Perseus enhances Chicago/Tokyo route
Sep 26th, 2016 - Perseus to deliver round trip latency below 120ms on its Pacific Express Route.
- Volante and Finexus to build new RTGS systems for APAC
Sep 26th, 2016 - Volante Technologies and Finexus partner to help build new real-time gross settlement systems for financial institutions across Asia Pacific
- CBOE looking to acquire Bats
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Corporate consolidation continues.
- Thomson Reuters offers SEC reporting guidance for US companies post Brexit
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Thomson Reuters has released a special report addressing the Securities and Exchange Commission's disclosure obligations and other related financial reporting issues arising from Brexit for US based public companies with operations in the UK or Europe.
- Nasdaq appoints former Virtu SVP as Global Head of Fixed Income
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Nasdaq names John Shay as SVP and Global Head of Fixed Income and Commodities.
- SIX Securities Services and Clearstream announce partnership
Sep 23rd, 2016 - SIX Securities Services and Clearstream collaborate to address challenging European financial landscape.
- ASX CEO report and statement
Sep 23rd, 2016 - Report on ASX trade outage and statement from ASX Managing Director and CEO, Dominic Stevens.
- Banks pessimistic over UK post-Brexit rights on euro derivatives clearing
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Executives at global investment banks in London predict Brexit will eventually cost the City the right to clear euro-denominated swaps, currently valued at 570 billion USD.
- Thomson Reuters acquires REDI
Sep 22nd, 2016 - REDI or not... you're becoming part of Reuters Eikon.
- KY3P by IHS Markit joins forces with AITEC and AIMA to drive due diligence standard
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Agreement provides centralised platform to support cyber due diligence questionnaire.
- SWIFT examines application of financial business standards to distributed ledger technology and smart contracts
Sep 22nd, 2016 - New paper highlights opportunity for financial industry to coordinate efforts using common messaging and data standards.
- smartTrade Technologies unveils smartAnalytics
Sep 22nd, 2016 - smartTrade Technologies launches smartAnalytics, a cross-asset big data analytics solution.
- TOCOM goes live on Nasdaq technology platform
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Tokyo Commodity Exchange's new system is now integrated with Japan Exchange Group's derivative trading (J-GATE).
- Gresham appoints sales director for Europe
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Gresham names Jim Hannibal as Europe sales director.
- SIX Securities Services and Digital Asset form blockchain partnership
Sep 22nd, 2016 - SIX Securities Services and Digital Asset partner to develop distributed ledger technology for Swiss Financial Market.
- Ancoa becomes a Trayport Certified Software Provider
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Ancoa connects to Trayport's systems to supply Trayport clients with market surveillance capabilities.
- Liquidnet expands execution and quantitative services team
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Two new hires grow the firm's execution consulting service for institutional investors.
- Almax Analytics debuts artificial intelligence engine
Sep 22nd, 2016 - Big Data gets organized with a real-time news analytics system for capital markets.
- WEX enhances algos to handle hidden orders
Sep 21st, 2016 - Wolverine Execution Services enhances SWeep-X and Sweep Spread options algorithms with hidden order functionality.
- TOM announces new CEO
Sep 21st, 2016 - The shareholders of TOM (The Order Machine) announce their intention to appoint Hans Pieterse as CEO.