Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- ICE will not make an offer for LSEG
May 04th, 2016 -Statement of intention by Intercontinental Exchange not to make an offer for London Stock Exchange Group.
- Bloomberg connects to Eurex Clearing
May 04th, 2016 - Bloomberg's OTC electronic trading services offer direct connectivity to EurexOTC Clear.
- GreenKey appoints CRO
May 04th, 2016 - Richard Garnier joins GreenKey as Chief Revenue Officer.
- TWSE outlines future development plans
May 04th, 2016 - Taiwan Stock Exchange main focuses for the remainder of 2016 to include corporate governance and reforms to the ETF market.
- BIS releases OTC derivatives stats at end-December 2015
May 04th, 2016 - The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has released OTC derivatives statistics at end-December 2015.
- Itiviti expands support of equity options markets
May 04th, 2016 - Itiviti adds ISE and PHLX to expand equity options market reach. Plans for connectivity to Bats.
- CME to launch market-by-order / level 3 data solution
May 04th May, 2016 - CME will introduce a market data feed featuring all individual orders, also known as "Level 3 Data", on its CME Globex electronic markets platform in the last quarter of 2016. CME will gradually add the feed to its existing market data channels.
- IPC to manage Singapore Exchange's new Chicago hub
May 03rd, 2016 - Singapore Exchange selects IPC to manage new hub in Chicago.
- One million Fragulators can't be wrong - Fidessa
May 03rd, 2016 - So says Fidessa's Steve Grob as the Fidessa Fragulator surpasses the one million mark.
- Instinet offers access to Luminex via Newport 3 EMS
May 03rd, 2016 - Instinet offers integrated access to Luminex buyside liquidity tools through Newport 3.
- Calypso and Sernova announce cloud based clearing solution
May 03rd, 2016 - Calypso Technology forms Strategic Partnership with Sernova Financial to deliver cloud-based clearing solution.
- Broadridge launches Global Post Trade Management solution
May 03rd, 2016 - New Global Post Trade Management solution enhances cost and operational efficiencies for banks and brokers.
- ESMA amends MIFID II standards on non-equity transparency and position limits
May 03rd, 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority issues two Opinions proposing amendments to its draft Regulatory Technical Standards under MiFID II and MiFIR.
- CME and Crypto launch Bitcoin Reference Rate & Real-Time Index
May 03rd, 2016 - CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR) to provide final settlement price in U.S. dollars at 4 pm London time each trading day, and CME CF Bitcoin Real Time Index (RTI) to enable real-time access to bitcoin prices.
- Key figures SIX Swiss Exchange & SIX Structured Products Exchange: April 2016
May 03rd, 2016 - Trading turnover: CHF 127.0 billion (+9.7% month-on-month). Average trading turnover per day grows to CHF 5.8 billion. VAT Group AG now listed on SIX Swiss Exchange. Trading commences on XBTR, a bilateral trading platform for structured products.
- EdgeconneX deploys Amazon Web Services Direct Connect
May 03rd, 2016 - Amazon Web Services Direct Connect now available in the EdgeconneX Portland Edge Data Center.
- BittWare releases FPGA board - XUSP3R
May 03rd, 2016 - Featuring bandwidth of 20nm FPGAs, the ¾-Length PCIe board provides 4x 100 GbE, up to 8 banks of QDR memory, and optional Hybrid Memory Cube module.
- triResolve and DTCC announce Asia data reporting collaboration
May 03rd, 2016 - triResolve's Repository Reconciliation service and DTCC collaborate to reconcile data reported to Asian regulators.
- CFTC approves final rule on amendments to the swap portfolio reconciliation requirement
May 03rd, 2016
- Sea Otter selects Tbricks by Itiviti to grow ETF business
May 03rd, 2016 - Sea Otter Securities Group LLC deploys Tbricks by Itiviti for ETF market making on NYSE Arca.
- ESMA publishes results of EU CCPs stress test
May 02nd, 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published the results of its first EU-wide stress test exercise regarding Central Counterparties (CCPs).
- European CCPs stand the test
Apr 30th, 2016 - ESMA's report demonstrates that European CCPs are resilient and well equipped to withstand extreme market developments.
- Algo-Logic Systems launches CME Futures & Options Order Book
Apr 30th, 2016 - CME Futures & Options Order Book achieves rapid processing and book building latency of less than 100ns.
- FINRA issues spoofing and layering cards
Apr 29th, 2016 - New equities supervision reports are designed to help firms spot and halt potential manipulation.
- UnaVista partners with Kaizen Reporting for QA solution
Apr 29th, 2016 - Since 2009, 180 million transactions identified in FCA enforcement notices under MiFID regulation with valid but incorrect data. UnaVista partners with Kaizen Reporting to offer industry quality assurance solution.
- Automated Trader Update: Fintech in Frankfurt
Apr 29th, 2016 - DB announces Frankfurt FinTech hub, Startupbootcamp introduces EIR program, NYSE Amex debuts ByRDS, Almax Analytics closes seed round, Digital Asset acquires Elevence, Itau joins R3, ICAP deploys OpenFin HTML5, Computershare and SETL in blockchain partnership, Broadridge launches partner program, MOEX taps CQG for FX, TRAX announces MiFID transparency tool. Options, LCH, and Seabury announce appointments.
- Seabury Global Markets makes investment in Spotex
Apr 28th, 2016 - Companies enter multi-year relationship to leverage Seabury's resources to expand distribution of Spotex products and services.
- ICE/Trayport merger faces in-depth investigation
Apr 28th, 2016 - CMA says ICE could use its ownership of Trayport's software to raise prices and/or reduce the quality of its service to rival exchanges, brokers and clearinghouses in order to divert its rivals' trades to ICE's exchange and clearinghouse and/or to protect its market position from increased competition.
- LME launches LMEshield
Apr 28th, 2016 - First warehouse receipt issued by Henry Bath & Son on behalf of BNP Paribas Arbitrage.
- TABB: European equity markets being recast by regulatory-driven shockwaves
Apr 28th, 2016 - TABB Group Research study details how capital constraints, MiFID II rules surrounding research unbundling, and new dark trading rules are transforming European equity markets.