Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Deutsche Boerse presents blockchain concept for risk free cash transfer
Jan 23rd, 2017 - Eurex Clearing acts as trusted party for transactions. Direct payments with commercial bank money.
- Esprow supports OUCH and ITCH protocols in ETP Studio
Jan 23rd, 2017 - New version of Esprow ETP Studio application to support the OUCH and ITCH trading and market data protocols.
- LME Chief Executive retires
Jan 23rd, 2017 - Garry Jones to retire as London Metal Exchange Chief Executive, Matthew Chamberlain appointed interim Chief Executive.
- Tullett Prebon & SGX to launch spot pricing index Dubai, Kuwait and India
Jan 23rd, 2017 - Tullett Prebon and Singapore Exchange to launch LNG spot index for the Dubai, Kuwait and India region.
- CFTC names J. Christopher Giancarlo Acting Chairman
Jan 20th, 2017
- TP ICAP appoints Iain Plunkett as COO
Jan 20th, 2017 - Iain Plunkett to join TP ICAP as Chief Operating Officer in Q2 2017.
- Preqin: Hedge fund returns reach three-year high in 2016
Jan 20th, 2017 - Industry made overall gains of 7.40% through the year, the highest annual performance seen since 2013.
- Thomson Reuters report on Regulatory Reform heralds an 'uncertain era of dismantling'
Jan 20th, 2017 - Regulated firms should make full use of regulatory technology - regtech - to prepare for rule overhauls in the UK, US and beyond.
- China abandons plans for crude oil futures contract
Jan 20th, 2017
- Thesys selected to provide Consolidated Audit Trail
Jan 20th, 2017 - Self-Regulatory Organizations choose Thesys Technologies as Consolidated Audit Trail Plan Processor.
- Bank of Cyprus Holdings lists on London Stock Exchange
Jan 20th, 2017 - Bank of Cyprus Holdings lists €1.4 billion business in London.
- FINRA names Gregory Dean as SVP, Government Affairs
Jan 20th, 2017 - Gregory Dean joins FINRA as Senior Vice President, Office of Government Affairs.
- SEC establishes supervisory cooperation arrangement with Hong Kong SFC
Jan 20th, 2017 - New comprehensive arrangement expands upon the one from 1995 that was limited to investment management activities.
Enforcement Director Aitan Goelman to leave CFTC
Jan 19th, 2017 - Division of Enforcement Director Aitan Goelman will leave the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on February 3, 2017.
- Citi to pay USD 25 million for spoofing in US Treasury futures markets
Jan 19th, 2017 - Five traders at Citigroup Global Markets placed more than 2,500 orders with the intent to cancel before execution over an eighteen month period.
- Automated Trader Update: Dazed and Confused
Jan 19th, 2017 - Brexometer Index from StateStreet, Davos WEF app on Eikon. Blockchain: FINRA issues report, SWIFT launches global payments POC, Liquidity Alliance and DB create cross-border collateral transfer solution. Fintech Innovation Lab announces 20 startups, no move to Frankfurt says LSEG, Bats/CBOE merger approved, December SEF tracker available, BNP Paribas and Calypso in post trade partnership, ICE Endex approved as FBOT, OTAS launches Intraday Lingo. BNY Mellon, DTCC and BTIG announce appointments.
- State Street launches Brexometer Index
Jan 19th, 2017 - State Street launches quarterly Brexometer Index of institutional investor sentiment.
- FactSet and Axioma announce partnership
Jan 19th, 2017 - FactSet extends integration with Axioma.
- SIX x-clear extends clearing services to Nasdaq Nordic markets
Jan 19th, 2017 - SIX x-clear to provide clearing services for the Nasdaq Nordic cash equity markets to Denmark, Finland and Sweden.
- FINRA issues blockchain report, seeks comment
Jan 19th, 2017 - FINRA reports on potential implications of blockchain; requests feedback.
- BTIG appoints Director of Fixed Income Credit
Jan 19th, 2017 - BTIG expands Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Group with Michael Carley, Jr.
- Mizuho Bank selects Thomson Reuters FX Trading
Jan 19th, 2017 - Japanese Bank deploys FX Trading, Thomson Reuters FX desktop.
- Israel issues largest ever Euro bond offering on LSE
Jan 18th, 2017 - Israel's €2.25 billion 10 & 20 year government bonds start trading on London Stock Exchange. Investor demand reaches more than €9.5 billion and four times oversubscribed.
- 'Liquidity Alliance' to launch blockchain solution for cross-border collateral transfer
Jan 18th, 2017 - Four international CSDs develop a blockchain prototype in cooperation with Deutsche Börse. Targeted 'LA Ledger' solution to improve mobilisation of collateral.
- BNP Paribas and Calypso form post trade partnership
Jan 18th, 2017 - BNP Paribas Securities Services and Calypso Technology partner to offer clients integrated post-trade processing.
- BlackRock charged with removing whistleblower incentives in separation agreements
Jan 18th, 2017 - BlackRock employees signed separation agreements agreeing to "waive any right to recovery of incentives for reporting of misconduct."
- Geoswift announces FCA license
Jan 18th, 2017 - FCA authorises Geoswift as Payment Institution, plans Europe expansion.
- Aperio Group selects Linedata OMS solution
Jan 18th, 2017 - Aperio Group chooses Linedata Longview for EMS-neutral performance.
- Bats/CBOE merger approved
Jan 18th, 2017 - Bats Global Markets announces stockholder approval of merger agreement with CBOE Holdings.
- smartTrade announces MiFID II solutions
Jan 18th, 2017 - smartTrade Technologies works with institutions on MiFIR/MiFID II implementations.