Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Bloomberg completes acquisition of Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions
Aug 24th, 2016 - Bloomberg has announced that it has completed its acquisition of Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions (BRAIS) from Barclays PLC.
- MAS establishes FinTech Innovation Lab
Aug 24th, 2016 - The Monetary Authority of Singapore has announced the opening of its FinTech Innovation Lab - Looking Glass @ MAS.
- BNY Mellon, Deutsche Bank, ICAP & Santander join blockchain utility initiative
Aug 24th, 2016 - BNY Mellon, Deutsche Bank, ICAP and Santander join UBS and Clearmatics to advance the Utility Settlement Coin concept, and plan tests in a real-market environment.
- Hugo Jenkins and John Barker join Ancoa Advisory Board
Aug 24th, 2016 - Ancoa appoints Hugo Jenkins and John Barker to its Advisory Board.
- Dion delivers market data app to Chi-X Australia
Aug 24th, 2016 - Dion Global Solutions delivers new real time prices app for Chi-X Australia.
- Exegy launches Exegy Journal Replay
Aug 24th, 2016 - Exegy announces market data capture and replay service.
- C5 Partners appoints Marcos Battisti to head cloud fund
Aug 24th, 2016 - Former Intel Capital MD Marcos Battisti joins C5 Partners to head new $150 million fund for investment in cloud-focused start-ups.
- TeleWare and Linx Networks announce strategic partnership
Aug 24th, 2016 - Linx Networks to offer TeleWare's mobile call recording solution in response to compliance challenges.
- Thomson Reuters launches first Asia apps on Eikon via App Studio
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Thomson Reuters has launched its first two Asia apps on Eikon via App Studio in partnership with FinTech startups Amareos and Oddup.
- Tullett Prebon appoints Rebecca Shelley as Group Corporate Affairs Director
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Rebecca Shelley joins Tullett Prebon ahead of anticipated ICAP acquisition.
- Blockchain Foundry launches blockchain-based e-commerce platform
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Blockchain Foundry's initial commercial product said to be first blockchain-based e-commerce platform.
- SGX and Baltic Exchange: update on proposed acquisition
Aug 23rd, 2016 - Terms agreed for a recommended offer by Singapore Exchange for the entire issued share capital of the Baltic Exchange. Completion set for November 2016, subject to approval.
- Bats provides testing for MiFID II order record keeping requirement
Aug 22nd, 2016 - MiFID II compliant record keeping process and algorithm testing enhancements now available for participant testing on Bats Europe.
- CFTC charges Deutsche Bank with swap reporting failures
Aug 22nd, 2016 - CFTC and Deutsche Bank file joint motion seeking the appointment of a Monitor to ensure Deutsche Bank's compliance with its reporting responsibilities.
- Ex-DTCC Elena Gaetini joins Risk Focus EMEA team
Aug 22nd, 2016
- Eight startups join FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific
Aug 22nd, 2016 - Accenture and twelve principle financial institutions firms to mentor financial technology entrepreneurs in 12-week program.
- MAS approves CBOE for VIX Futures
Aug 19th, 2016 - CBOE Futures Exchange Receives Registered Market Operator approval in Singapore.
- Automated Trader Update: Shenzhen-Hong Kong connects, ICE/Trayport concerns
Aug 19th, 2016 - Automated Trader Q3 coming soon. Blockchain: R3 addresses financing challenges, Cobalt DL- FX processing. Nasdaq introduces new order type to beat IEX, 6 year high for US Equity off-exchange trading market share, Elliptic and LexisNexis partner for Bitcoin risk, ayondo academy app launches, Bats to buy Javelin SEF, trueEx executes Brazilian swaps, Eze Castle expands cybersecurity service.
- BittWare delivers Arria 10 OpenCL BSPs for Altera OpenCL SDK 16.0.2 release
Aug 19th, 2016 - FPGA Board Support Packages simplify application development for Altera Arria 10 FPGAs.
- Nasdaq extends market surveillance contract with BM&FBOVESPA
Aug 19th, 2016 - Nasdaq has announced the extension of their contract regarding BM&FBOVESPA's use of the SMARTS Market Surveillance platform across Brazil's equities, commodities and futures markets.
- HKEX to roll out Volatility Vontrol Mechanism for its securities market
Aug 18th, 2016 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing will roll out its Volatility Control Mechanism - a measure designed to protect market integrity by preventing extreme price volatility arising from major trading errors and other unusual incidents - in its securities market on Monday, 22 August 2016.
- SWIFT launches security tools campaign
Aug 18th, 2016 - SWIFT campaign to increase awareness for existing security features in its interface products.
- Rakuten blockchain lab to open in Belfast
Aug 18th, 2016 - Launch follows IP asset acquisition from Bitnet Technologies.
- ICE statement on Trayport acquisition
Aug 18th, 2016 - ICE said it will address the CMA's concerns and demonstrate how they do not reflect the manner in which Trayport will operate as a subsidiary of ICE.
- Euronext to buy 20 per cent stake in EuroCCP
Aug 18th, 2016 - Euronext enters into a definitive agreement for the acquisition of a 20% stake in EuroCCP.
- TradeStation to be first retail online broker member of IEX
Aug 18th, 2016 - TradeStation approved as first retail online broker member of new IEX Stock Exchange.
- Siam Commercial Bank goes live with Numerix Oneview Risk for CVA
Aug 17th, 2016 - Numerix expands presence in South East Asia signs first CVA Client in Thailand.
- ICE to close acquisition of S&P Global assets in October
Aug 17th, 2016 - Intercontinental Exchange announces expected closing for acquisition of S&P Global's Securities Evaluations and Credit Market.
- Cobalt DL deploys First Derivatives Kx tech for blockchain FX processing
Aug 17th, 2016 - Cobalt DL targets FX post-trade processing costs with distributed ledger technology.
- US Equity off-exchange trading market share hits 6 year high
Aug 17th, 2016 - Trading away from exchanges shows no sign of weakening.