Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Equinix to acquire 24 data center sites from Verizon in USD 3.6 billion deal
Dec 06th, 2016 - Transaction brings Equinix's footprint to 175 data centers in 43 markets and approximately 17 million gross square feet across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific markets.
- FlexTrade appoints Aaron Levine Vice President, OEMS Solutions
Dec 06th, 2016 - Adam Levine joins FlexTrade from Bloomberg AIM.
- GoldenSource launches FRTB solution
Dec 06th, 2016 - GoldenSource addresses mounting market risk pressures for banks with FRTB solution.
- Saxo Bank and Phoenix Finance to form strategic partnership
Dec 06th, 2016 - Saxo Bank and fintech firm, Phoenix Finance, sign MOU to form a white label partnership. The integration process will start in Q1 2017.
- Hazelcast and Azul team to deliver SLA assurance for Java-based businesses
Dec 06th, 2016 - Collaboration improves latency and consistency barriers for Java applications.
- Object Trading integrates DMA platform with uTrade screen
Dec 06th, 2016 - Object Trading adds India, Russia, & Frontier direct market access with uTrade integration.
- FCA proposes clampdown on CFDs
Dec 06th, 2016 - UK's Financial Conduct Authority proposes stricter rules for contract for difference products. Representative analysis finds 82% of clients lose money.
- FXCM US integrates QuantConnect's algo trading platform
Dec 05th, 2016 - FXCM US and QuantConnect announce Live Trading Integration.
- BlackRock's Aladdin integrates ICE Continuous Evaluated Pricing tool
Dec 05th, 2016 - ICE Data Services' Continuous Evaluated Pricing (CEP) has been integrated into BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin risk and enterprise investment system.
- LSEG opens new technology facility in Sri Lanka
Dec 05th, 2016 - London Stock Exchange Group has opened a new technology facility in Sri Lanka.
- Blackstone to buy stake in BTIG
Dec 05th, 2016 - BTIG announces Blackstone Tactical Opportunities strategic investment.
- Reuters algo tracks and verifies breaking news on Twitter
Dec 05th, 2016 - #MachinesForTheWin
- JPX to register and monitor high frequency traders
Dec 05th, 2016 - May I see your license and registration please?
- Metaquotes MetaTrader platform upgrades account protection
Dec 05th, 2016 - MetaTrader 5 web platform update provides two-factor authentication and password change.
- Chief Economist and Division of Economic and Risk Analysis Director to leave SEC
Dec 05th, 2016 - Chief Economist and Division of Economic and Risk Analysis Director Mark Flannery to leave SEC. Scott W. Bauguess to become acting Chief Economist and acting Director of DERA.
- CFTC approves rules for swap dealer capital requirements
Dec 05th, 2016 - CFTC unanimously approves proposed rules establishing swap dealer and major swap participant capital requirements.
- Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect launches
Dec 05th, 2016 - HKEX celebrates launch of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect.
- Thomson Reuters and BestX offer FX transaction cost analysis
Dec 05th, 2016 - BestX to adopt Thomson Reuters FX market data to power the proprietary models in BestX FX Best Execution Analytics application.
- FIA upgrades SEF Tracker data service
Dec 02nd, 2016 - FIA announces major upgrade to SEF Tracker data service.
- Cryptographer Dr. Lisa Yin joins Symbiont team
Dec 02nd, 2016 - Blockchain company Symbiont appoints renowned cryptographer Dr Lisa Yin as its Chief Security Officer and Chief Cryptographer.
- Ralf Roth joins Almax Analytics as Strategic Advisor
Dec 02nd, 2016 - Former Deutsche Bank and Thomson Reuters executive joins Almax Analytics' Artificial Intelligence for news insights.
- Wolverine selects Corvil for execution services
Dec 02nd, 2016 - Corvil to deliver real-time visibility across WEX trading applications, venues and participants.
- PIMCO settles charges of misleading investors about ETF performance
Dec 02nd, 2016 - PIMCO to retain an independent compliance consultant and pay nearly $20 million to settle charges that it misled investors about the performance of one its first actively managed ETFs and failed to accurately value certain fund securities.
- 'Avalanche' network dismantled in international cyber operation
Dec 01st, 2016 - The operation to dismantle the Avalanche cloud-hosting service was led by Europol, the FBI and German police and supported by partners from 30 countries including the National Crime Agency (NCA). It followed a four-year investigation by the German police.
- IHS Markit and Oliver Wyman announce risk factor modellability service for FRTB
Dec 01st, 2016 - New FRTB service to help banks mitigate capital impact of regulation.
- enepath and Insightful provide trade reconstruction and compliance solution
Dec 01st, 2016 - Partnership provides capture, integration and retrieval of voice and data across the trading lifecycle.
- Naga Group and Deutsche Boerse form gaming venture - Switex
Dec 01st, 2016 - FinTech firm Naga Group and Deutsche Börse to launch first exchange for virtual gaming products.
- Societe Generale offers investment research solution with Smartkarma platform
Dec 01st, 2016 - Societe Generale deploys Smartkarma's equity research platform to enable institutional investors to access Asia-focused equity research to meet with key MiFiD II unbundling requirements.
- Oanda appoints Neil McDonald Head of Trading
Dec 01st, 2016 - Neil McDonald joins OANDA as Global Head of Trading and Quantitative Analytics.
- CFTC approves CME Clearing Europe as a derivatives clearing organization
Nov 30th, 2016 - CFTC grants CME Clearing Europe registration as a derivatives clearing organization.