Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Xignite releases new SDKs for FinTech developers
Sep 30th, 2014 - Xignite's new SDKs to provide FinTech developers with access to market data APIs - GitHub .NET and Java SDKs include full interactive documentation.
- Accuity launches KYC Identifier File
Sep 30th, 2014 - Accuity's KYC Identifier File to improve due diligence processes.
- CFTC and ASIC sign cross border supervision MoU
Sep 30th, 2014 - U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and Australian Securities and Investments Commission sign Memorandum of Understanding to enhance supervision of cross-border regulated entities.
- Altera announces next-generation, non-volatile MAX 10 FPGAs and evaluation kits
Sep 30th, 2014 - MAX 10 FPGAs deliver higher system value through integration of dual-configuration flash, analog and embedded processing capabilities.
- Flexera Software 2013-14 Key Trends in Software Pricing & Licensing Report
Sep 30th, 2014 - Flexera Software/IDC report reveals enterprises fleeing the perpetual software licence model due to shrinking budgets in favour of alternative models.
- Abacus launches Abacus Client Portal
Sep 30th, 2014 - Abacus Group's Client Portal enhances visibility into Abacus private cloud environments, provides control and access to critical user data.
- Broadridge issues study: Operations power performance: Managing risk and delivering value
Sep 30th, 2014 - Broadridge, Economist Intelligence Unit study finds changes in regulation and market structure have led 77% of global financial institutions to alter their business models.
- Eze Software ranked No. 51 on the 2014 FinTech 100 Rankings
Sep 30th, 2014 - Eze Software Group named among top 100 global providers of financial technology by IDC Financial Insights.
- BOAT introduces MMT standard in trade reporting
Sep 30th, 2014 - Cinnober's BOAT implements Market Model Typology in its OTC trade reporting platform.
- Final report from FSB on FX Benchmarks and commentary from FMA president
Sep 30th, 2014 - FSB releases final report on foreign exchange benchmarks. Commentary from Marshall Bailey, president, ACI - The Financial Markets Association.
- ISE files for third exchange license to launch ISE Mercury
Sep 30th, 2014 - ISE Mercury to service options market segments not covered by ISE and ISE Gemini. All three exchanges will run on ISE's existing t7 technology platform. Launch targeted for the first half of 2015.
- TMX Group appoints Lou Eccleston as CEO
Sep 30th, 2014 - Former S&P chairman Lou Eccleston to succeed Thomas Kloet as TMX Group CEO.
- Cisco & Equinix accelerate connections between private and public clouds
Sep 30th, 2014 - Cisco to deploy Intercloud-enabled capabilities in 16 Equinix data centres across Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- SWIFT delivers multi-year price reduction plan one year ahead of schedule
Sep 30th, 2014 -SWIFT pricing strategy set in 2010 cuts messaging prices in half.
- NASDAQ OMX to implement T+2 in Baltics & Nordics
Sep 30th, 2014 - NASDAQ OMX to implements T+2 standard settlement on its Nordic and Baltic Markets effective 6 October 2014.
- Misys and Fircosoft announce compliance & financial crime alliance
Sep 30th, 2014 - Misys and Fircosoft form alliance to tackle the dangers of dual-use goods and financial crime in trade finance.
- SWIFT offers free access to The KYC Registry for participating banks
Sep 30th, 2014 - Major banks contribute data as SWIFT prepares for Know Your Customer Registry launch.
- ESMA consults on derivatives definition under MiFID
Sep 30th, 2014 - ESMA consults on draft guidelines clarifying the definition of derivatives under MiFID.
- Pacific Life selects Calypso Collateral Management solution
Sep 30th, 2014 - Calypso selected by Pacific Life Insurance for collateral management and optimization.
- Colt simplifies access to FX liquidity centres
Sep 30th, 2014 - Colt FX Liquidity Access service connects London, New York and Tokyo markets.
- DTCC and Euroclear create collateral processing joint venture
Sep 30th, 2014 - DTCC and Euroclear partner to develop and streamline margin settlement processes and enhance access to securities collateral.
- OneChicago changes fee structure
Sep 29th, 2014 - OneChicago changes fee structure to reduce transaction friction when opening and closing positions - 75% reduction in execution fees of the OCX.NoDivRisk product suite.
- SEC fines Bank of America $7.65 million for self disclosed regulatory capital overstatements
Sep 29th, 2014 - SEC charges Bank of America with securities laws violations in connection with regulatory capital overstatements.
- SunGard launches two new corporate actions products
Sep 29th, 2014 - SunGard's new offerings help firms manage data and control exposure on corporate actions risk.
- Fitch Solutions appoints Head of product delivery and execution
Sep 29th, 2014 - Ian Mattinson joins Fitch Solutions as Head of product delivery and execution.
- BLK Sistemas Financeiros adopts VeriFIX testing tools
Sep 29th, 2014 - Cameron Tec's VeriFIX selected to optimize trading opportunities for Brazil based BLK Sistemas Financeiros' RoboTrader platform.
- BNP Paribas Securities Services launches 'Liquidity Access' solution
Sep 29th, 2014 - BNP Paribas Securities Services overhauls liquidity management offering.
- SWIFT to launch new business intelligence solution for securities markets
Sep 29th, 2014 - SWIFT's Watch for Securities to provide market participants with greater business insights to inform decision making.
- TriOptima's energy compression cycle breaks previous record by 110%
Sep 29th, 2014 - TriOptima's latest triReduce energy compression cycle breaks previous record by 110%, eliminating $12.1 billion notional.
- ESMA Management Board election results
Sep 29th, 2014 -The European Securities and Markets Authority elects three new replacement board members.