Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- BGC and GFI announce successful completion of tender offer
Feb 27th, 2015 - Stockholders representing 56.3% percent of GFI shares supported BGC's offer; payment for shares tendered expected on March 3 . Independent GFI board members resign; BGC appoints 6 out of 8 directors on expanded GFI board.
- Automated Trader Update: Filling orders in the name of
Feb 27th, 2015 - Rage against HFT still an issue? Virtu files for IPO, & FIX issues IPO best practices document. Martin Wheatley speaks at AFME conference, JWG on Paris hearings, Greek drama, BATS reshuffles management, OneTick debuts new market surveillance system, GFI board accepts BGC offer, Market Axess All launches, Man selects Thomson Reuters KYC, SunGard partners with InCore Bank, Corvil introduces disruptive pricing model. SGX, MarketAxess, Redline, & Fidessa announce management changes.
- Is the end of open outcry worth mourning? - Colt blog
Feb 27th, 2015 - Does the recent announcement by CME that it is to close its futures trading pits by the beginning of July this year mean that voice trading will be relegated to the history books? Colt's Hugh Cumberland assesses the situation.
- Management fees need to change - Preqin report
Feb 27th, 2015 - Over half of investors in each alternative asset class feel improvements in the alignment of interests between investors and fund managers can be made by focusing on management fees.
- Spanish banking group chooses Linedata as technology partner
Feb 27th, 2015 - Linedata chosen by major Spanish banking group consumer to develop its lending business in Latin America.
- CPMI and IOSCO issue quantitative disclosure standards for CCPs
Feb 27th, 2015 - CPMI and IOSCO publish Public quantitative disclosure standards for central counterparties document.
- LSEG's BTS trading solution offers direct connection to Turquoise
Feb 26th, 2015 - Connection facilitates order book trading and in more than 4,000 securities. Members have single point of connectivity to all LSEG markets. Turquoise Level 2 data added to BTS.
- ISDA outlines key principles for further improving regulatory transparency and derivatives trade reporting
Feb 26th, 2015 - The International Swaps and Derivatives Association paper outlines a number of key principles and initiatives for regulators, market participants and industry service providers in order to further improve regulatory transparency of derivatives activity.
- MTS Markets International launches BondVision US trading platform
Feb 26th, 2015 - Institutional investors and other market participants can now actively trade European fixed income products in the US.
- LCH.Clearnet board changes
Feb 26th, 2015 - Professor Lex Hoogduin to succeed Jacques Aigrain as Chairman. Jonathan Eliot joins LCH.Clearnet boards and chairs Group Board Risk Committees.
- CBOE and LSE Group to develop new index options
Feb 26th, 2015 - CBOE signs licensing agreement to list options on FTSE and Russell indices.
- Quotix selects Azul's Zing for Java garbage collection
Feb 26th, 2015 - Quotix chooses Azul System's Zing to optimize performance of its FX liquidity aggregation software.
- Nasdaq Nordic introduces company fact sheet, powered by Morningstar
Feb 25th, 2015 - Nasdaq-Morningstar fact sheets to increase investor awareness for publically traded small and medium-sized enterprises.
- BNP Paribas Securities Services names Andrea Cattaneo as head of Brazil
Feb 25th, 2015 - BNP Paribas Securities Services names Andrea Cattaneo as head of Brazil.
- Fidessa names US head of Equities Product Marketing
Feb 25th, 2015 - Fidessa appoints Jay Biancamano to lead Equities in the Americas.
- ESMA publishes review on best execution supervisory practices under MiFID
Feb 25th, 2015 - ESMA conducts peer review on how national regulators (national competent authorities or NCAs) supervise and enforce the MiFID provisions relating to investment firms' obligation to provide best execution, or obtain the best possible result, for their clients when executing their orders.
- Market Axess launches Axess All
Feb 25th, 2015 - Market Axess announces industry's first intra-day trade tape for the European fixed income markets.
- Volante Technologies expands global team
Feb 25th, 2015 - Volante Technologies reinforces product management and marketing operations with new offices in North America and India.
- ICE announces appointments for Interest Rate and Utility Markets
Feb 24th, 2015 - Chris Rhodes appointed head of Interest Rates and Gordon Bennett named as managing director, Utility Markets.
- BATS Global Markets names new CEO
Feb 24th, 2015 - BATS Global Markets names Chris Concannon CEO; Joe Ratterman becomes Chairman.
- MarketAxess appoints Head of Research
Feb 24th, 2015 - David Krein joins MarketAxess Research from NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes
- RBC becomes EBS Direct's first Canadian liquidity provider
Feb 24th, 2015 - Royal Bank of Canada becomes liquidity provider on EBS Direct platform.
- Corvil introduces disruptive pricing model to network data analytics space
Feb 24th, 2015 - New Giga+ release improves economics for network data analytics with software-defined appliance model, delivering between 40 and 80% total cost reduction.
- SGX CEO Bocker to leave at end of June
Feb 24th, 2015 - Singapore Exchange CEO Magnus Bocker to step down.
- Hybrid Solutions licenses VertexFX to MarketCloud
Feb 24th, 2015 - MarketCloud licenses VertexFX trading platform from Hybrid Solutions.
- SunGard partners with InCore Bank
Feb 24th, 2015 - New alliance combines InCore Bank's business processes with SunGard's Ambit Private Banking solution suite to help reduce complexity for Swiss private banks.
- Independent Reserve added to global Bitcoin benchmark
Feb 24th, 2015 - Tera Bitcoin Price Index selects Australian bitcoin exchange Independent Reserve as part of its TeraBit Index.
- FIX Trading Community releases Best Practices Document for IPO process
Feb 24th, 2015 - FIX Global Buy-side IPO Group document aims to improve efficiency and transparency while reducing risk through the use of the FIX Protocol for the automation of the IPO process.
- MiFID II ready for blast off - JWG Group blog
Feb 24th, 2015 - This month, ESMA hosted a broad cross-section of market participants for a final 'hearing' on the MIFID II technical standards they will send to Brussels for approval this summer. Of course, many attendees were surprised to find that, while they were en route to Paris to sit for 10 hours with 350 of their closest friends, another 355 pages of MiFID II technical standards consultation were issued for comment by 20 March. Less surprising, perhaps, was the open talk of a detailed cost/benefit questionnaire that is on its way this month.
- BIL Manage Invest selects Linedata Front Office platform
Feb 23rd, 2015 - Luxembourg Management Company chooses Linedata integrated solution for its asset management businesses.