Algotraveller Articles from Automated Trader
- Verdande Technology and ITRS Group provide early warning system for financial services firms
Feb 25th, 2013 - Partnership combines real-time case-based reasoning and application performance management
- Jefferies selects IPC for connectivity
Feb 25th, 2013 - IPC's Connexus and Direct Connect chosen to provide managed connectivity to Jefferies investment banking group
- NOMURA becomes general clearing member of CC&G
Feb 25th, 2013 - Nomura to be GCM for equity derivatives traded on Borsa Italiana
- Deutsche Borse AG not in merger negotiations
Feb 25th, 2013 - Statement from Deutsche Borse concerning merger with CME Group
- Perseus announces European live commercial wireless service
Feb 25th, 2013 - First provider to offer market-to-market commercial wireless services in Europe
- 28 financial institutions adopt ETD functionality on Omgeo CTM
Feb 25th, 2013 - 28 financial institutions adopt new exchange-traded derivatives functionality on Omgeo Central Trade Manager
- New features for SaxoTrader iPhone and iPad
Feb 25th, 2013 - Saxo Bank adds custom trading keypad and additional charting capabilities to SaxoTrader app
- SGX delivers live share prices to Google Finance
Feb 25th, 2013 - SGX data available on international public finance website for first time
- MDX Technology and Exegy announce market data/Excel partnership
Feb 25th, 2013 - Strategic partnership to deliver Exegy\'s market data via MDX Technology\'s MDXT Connect into Microsoft Excel.
- Barclays launches new execution tool BARX Gator
Feb 25th, 2013 - New spot aggregator tool brings together e-trading venues and Barclay's own liquidity
- BGC Partners buys Sterling International Brokers business
Feb 25th, 2013 - BGC Partners announces the acquisition of Sterling International Brokers
- Alex Frino steps down as CMCRC CEO
Feb 25th, 2013 - Michael Aitken to replace Alex Frino as CEO of Capital Markets Co-operative Research Centre, David Skellern appointed chairman
- Knight plans to sell debt brokerage unit to Stifel
Feb 25th, 2013 - Knight will sell a unit that includes investment grade, high yield and asset-backed brokers in the US and Europe, Bloomberg said.
- Six big questions for a Russian investment fund
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYAs part of its focus on Russia, Automated Trader spoke to Konstantin Khlebalin, head of the trading department at proprietary trading group Infina, about what kind of algorithmic trading his firm does.
- The hammer, the sickle and the algo: Russia's unorthodox journey to a thriving market
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYRussian peasants performing calculations a couple of hundred years ago may have paved the way for the current boom in algorithmic trading in Russia.
- NYSE Euronext names Luis Palha da Silva to board of directors
Aug 07th, 2012 - NYSE Euronext appoints former Portuguese Secretary of State for Trade to board of directors
- Can anyone take on the mighty NSE? India's patchwork of exchanges looks to the future
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYHirander Misra, chairman of Forum Trading Solutions and director of a consultancy, takes a look at the prospects for any other exchange challenging the National Stock Exchange of India. Misra, a co-founder and chief operating officer of Chi-X Europe Ltd, knows all about the battle between newcomers and incumbents. Here he offers his perspective on where the rapidly changing Indian exchange landscape could end up.
- India by the numbers: a guide to its markets
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYThe world's most populous democracy with 1.2 billion people, India is used to doing things on a big scale. But a scan of some of the key numbers shows there is still plenty of room for more growth. Here are some statistics about the country and its markets.
- Sub-second trading on the Subcontinent. Just how fast will algo trading in India take off?
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYLarge chunks of cash equities and derivatives trading in India are already algorithmic and the ingredients are in place for more rapid growth. Even the regulatory environment seems favourable. Mary-Ellen Barker spoke to players inside and outside of India to hear what's fuelling the trend and what they see in store.
- Integrated Automation
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYWhen discussing automated and algorithmic trading, it is all too easy to fall into the trap of only thinking in the context of established markets. In reality, many emerging market exchanges are already popular trading venues for Automated Trader’s readers, with BM&FBOVESPA being a case in point. Andy Webb, Automated Trader’s Founder, caught up with Marcio Castro, IT – Trading Systems Director at BM&FBOVESPA, in his São Paulo office to discuss the exchange’s perspective on auto/algo trading.
- Leapfrog economics?
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYCanada’s adoption of automated trading has been sudden and fast, and the transformation isn’t over yet. Demand is “skyrocketing” for advanced trading solutions, and there’s fierce competition between established and new trading venues. Have Canada’s markets leapfrogged whole stages of evolution, and if so, what’s in it for the rest of us? William Essex went to find out.
- Building a better autoBRIC
SUBSCRIBERS ONLYAutomated Trader spoke to a range of market participants in Brazil, to gauge the take-up of automated and algorithmic trading in the ﬁrst of the BRIC economies.