Newedge offers global, multi-asset brokerage services on a range of listed and OTC derivatives and securities. Formed from a joint venture between Societe Generale and Calyon, we benefit from the support of our two AA-rated shareholders, and are independently managed and regulated.
Related Articlessee more...
- A Question of Control - Pre Trade RiskIn striking a balance between speed and safety, firms that have direct market access must confront a daunting set of challenges. In the aftermath of the Knight Capital trading disaster, there is also increasing talk of regulators deciding for those firms what's appropriate. Adam Cox reports on how the industry is re-evaluating pre-trade risk controls.
- A few minutes with… Marco Fasoli of Titian Global InvestmentsAutomated Trader catches up with Marco Fasoli of Titian Global Investments to hear what they're doing in artificial intelligence.
- A New Look at MomentumTime series momentum strategies are about as old and ubiquitous as the CTA community that uses them, yet there has been surprisingly little recent academic work done in this space. Notable exceptions to this are two papers produced in 2012 and 2013 by Dr. Nick Baltas and Prof. Robert Kosowski of Imperial College London. Automated Trader talks to the authors about their work and some of the conclusions, which run counter to established thinking.
- Evolutions and revolutions: how MTS keeps up with fast-changing technologyHow does an electronic market make sound decisions when technology is changing at such a rapid pace? What are the trade-offs between price and performance? Andy Webb spends some time with MTS CTO Fabrizio Cazzulini and Fabrizio Testa, head of product development, to get the answers.
- The Automated Trader Interview"There was no budget constraint, just a goal," says Richard Franklin, CEO of Boronia Capital, summarising his brief to start with a 'clean slate' and deliver a fully automated and co-located trading operation. How often do you get to say that, and how often do you achieve such a goal - as Richard Franklin did without significant disruption, while maintaining a significant alpha generating outcome, and within a few years? Andy Webb went to meet Richard Franklin and Boronia Capital's head of research, Chris Mellen.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- TP ICAP announces senior hires4th October 2017 - TP ICAP announces senior appointments in Institutional Services division
- SocGen's Alain Courbebaisse joins Euronext as CIO31st May 2017 - Euronext announces changes to the Company's Technology and Operations leadership.
- Newedge: Challenging market conditions impact CTA performance11th September 2015 - All Newedge managed futures indices posted negative performance in August.
- Newedge: Managed futures start second half of 2015 with strong performance10th August 2015 - CTAs bounce back in July boosted by currency sector. Societe Generale Prime Services announces July performance data for its Newedge CTA indices.
- Newedge: Investors cautiously welcome advanced beta equity investing30th July 2015 - In a new study produced as part of the Société Générale Prime Services (Newedge) research chair on "Advanced Modelling for Alternative Investments", EDHEC-Risk Institute attempts to give an overall view on alternative equity beta strategies, to determine the areas of usage and to analyse the alternative equity beta practices and perceptions of investment professionals.