Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals.
Related Articlessee more...
- Fetching market data into Excel using PythonMicrosoft Excel is the 'go-to' solution for data manipulation and analysis in finance. However, it lags behind the reality of how data, particularly financial or trading data, is consumed in the age of the Internet. Here is a simple, yet powerful way to enable Excel to work with a wide variety of financial databases and sources.
- Sentimental smartsThe era of unstructured information flow has made quant shops keenly interested in news sentiment analysis. Automated Trader finds out what the latest developments are and what's getting practitioners excited about the future.
- Sentimental quantSentiment Alpha is an investment management firm that generates quantitative trading strategies from sentiment analysis techniques combined with large-scale media data - including sources such as Twitter, blogs, news and broadcast. CEO Jae Hong Kil tells Automated Trader about the firm's foundations and his hopes for the future.
- SEF TrackerThe FIA has been tracking monthly SEF volumes for over a year now. Automated Trader speaks to Will Acworth, senior vice president, about what story the figures are telling.
- Hedging EM? Think Gold.Attractive returns across emerging markets (EM) for most of the last decade - supported by economic growth -appealed to many investors. While the long-term view on EM is still positive, economic weakness in some EM regions and increased volatility in most EM currencies has increased the importance of sound portfolio risk-management strategies. Our analysis shows that gold can be a cost effective EM-currency hedge, helping investors reduce portfolio losses during periods of heightened risk.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- DTCC appoints Tim Lind as head of Data Services17th January 2018 - Industry veteran to oversee the growth and evolution of the firm's Data Services
- Thomson Reuters upgrades compliance for MiFID 211th January 2018 -
- Thomson Reuters chooses Cboe Global Markets for market and trade data10th January 2018 - Cboe Global Markets provides its Cboe One real-time stock quote and trade information to Thomson Reuters Elektron and Eikon
- Thomson Reuters announces E-learning MiFID II compliance courses19th December 2017 - Thomson Reuters' sell-side, buy-side, market structure, and international reach courses now deliver MiFID II guidance
- Thomson Reuters introduces MiFID 2 compliant MTF for FX derivatives trading15th December 2017 - Thomson Reuters MTF provides FXall and Forwards Matching users a compliant source of liquidity