Instinet is a global agency-only broker with trading desks throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Instinet helps institutions lower overall trading costs and improve investment performance through the use of innovative electronic trading products, including smartrouting, algorithms, DMA, dark pools and EMS platforms. Instinet also provides sales trading, portfolio trading, commission management services and independent research. Instinet is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nomura Holdings, Inc.
Related Articlessee more...
- Critical thinkingSal Arnuk started electronic trading some 20 years ago at Instinet, where he met Joe Saluzzi. The pair have since started their own brokerage, Themis Trading, and become big voices in the market structure debate - attracting praise and criticism alike for taking a stance against increasing complexity in the equities markets.
- Cloud formations - MarketPrizm's tech chief scans the horizons for different ways of doing businessJacob Lindeman became chief technology officer for data and connectivity group MarketPrizm as part of its acquisition by Colt in 2011. He talks about a down-to-earth, business-like mind set for solving problems. But as Automated Trader's Adam Cox learns, his head is also in the clouds.
- Seriously, folks!Remember Europe? The Eurozone? Land of a thousand financial crises and quite a few fat-fingered fraudsters? Brussels? Bureaucrats? So do we. And it's not dead yet. So we've asked Anita Hawser, veteran of many a stirring press conference about the indivisibility of the euro, the invincibility of the eurozone and the inevitability of - stop sniggering at the back - ever-closer European fiscal union, to look into the crystal ball for some hint of the legislative outcomes, and their impact on us, if Europe doesn't collapse. Bit of a long shot, yes, but it's good to be prepared for the unexpected. Isn't it?
- Flash Crash: A Smoking Gun?With US regulators still combing the evidence for the smoking gun, Alison Crosthwait offers Instinet's "Flash Crash" analysis and conclusions. Alison Crosthwait at Instinet investigates.
- My kind of town?
Basildon, Slough, Mahwah, Weehawken … When you’re chasing liquidity, it pays to site yourself in the right part of town. Bob Giffords weighs up the factors driving change in the trading landscapes of Europe and beyond.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Instinet expands quantitative research and development4th December 2017 - David Firmin appointed as Global Head ofTrading Research; hires former Virtu head Brian Bulthuis to drive US quantitative trading research and development strategy
- Adam Toms joins OpenFin as CEO Europe24th October 2017 - RSRCHXchange board member and former CEO of Instinet Europe to lead European capital markets adoption of industry-wide financial desktop OS
- Instinet's second liquidity streaming relationship goes live with Sun Trading18th August 2017 - Providing buy and sell side clients with additional bilateral liquidity ahead of MiFID II
- Instinet completes purchase of BlockCross ATS from State Street14th August 2017 -
- Instinet and Virtu Financial form liquidity streaming relationship26th June 2017 - Instinet Europe and Virtu Financial provide buy and sell side clients with aggregated liquidity in anticipation of MiFID II regulations.