ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin, currently offering banking, investments, life insurance and retirement services to meet the needs of a broad customer base. Going forward, we will concentrate on our position as an international retail, direct and commercial bank, while creating an optimal base for an independent future for our insurance operations (including investment management).
Related Articlessee more...
- Ain't life a glitch?Automated Trader investigates the various responses, both from the industry and regulators, to a spate of technological mishaps. Adam Cox reports.
- Listing Market Outages: A continuity and price formation studyAs trading fragments to multiple trading venues in a post-MiFID landscape, there has been considerable discussion about whether price formation can take place on the new trading venues (Multilateral Trading Facilities or MTFs) or whether it is inextricably linked to the "primary" or "listing" market.
- Bats: "Absolutely enough liquidity for price formation"Paul O'Donnell, COO BATS Europe, explains that the MTF's are already credible price formation venues and that the recent LSE outages serve to highlight that.
- A stochastic model for order book dynamicsWe propose a stochastic model for the continuous-time dynamics of a limit order book. The model strikes a balance between two desirable features: it captures key empirical properties of order book dynamics and its analytical tractability allows for fast computation of various quantities of interest without resorting to simulation. We describe a simple parameter estimation procedure based on high-frequency observations of the order book and illustrate the results on data from the Tokyo stock exchange. Using Laplace transform methods, we are able to eﬃciently compute probabilities of various events, conditional on the state of the order book: an increase in the mid-price, execution of an order at the bid before the ask quote moves, and execution of both a buy and a sell order at the best quotes before the price moves. Comparison with high-frequency data shows that our model can capture accurately the short term dynamics of the limit order book.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Leading institutions select Trax MiFID II reporting services31st October 2017 - Combined APA and ARM solution a key differentiator for investor community
- Finastra, R3 and seven banks to create DLT platform5th October 2017 - Finastra, R3, BNP Paribas, BNY Mellon, HSBC, ING and State Street to create Distributed Ledger Technology platform for syndicated lending community
- ING launches emerging market FX indices with Bloomberg3rd August 2017 - ING's proprietary global emerging markets indices provide exposure to emerging markets currencies
- R3 and four banks test Euro Commercial Paper issuance on blockchain27th June 2017 - ABN Amro, Commerzbank, ING and KBC collaborate with R3 to develop an operating model for an ECP issuance and trading marketplace on Corda distributed ledger technology platform.
- BAML joins Neptune's network17th May 2017 - Addition of Bank of America Merrill Lynch to Neptune's network brings total to 22 banks signed to participate with 19 live.