ConvergEx Group is a leading provider of global brokerage and trading-related services for institutional investors and financial intermediaries
We combine client-first service with innovative products, sophisticated strategies and proprietary technology to meet the challenges of increasingly dynamic and fast-paced markets. We partner with more than 3,000 clients accessing over 100 global market centers to help them achieve their investment objectives.
Related Articlessee more...
- Of pits and puts: the case for options algosEva Szalay examines prospects for execution algos in the complex, liquidity-strapped options world.
- Max ADV, Minimum ImpactUS financial stocks had a rough time in 2011, with modest gains up to mid February more than expunged by progressive losses through to midsummer, which were then compounded by a sharp collapse in early August. Kish Desai, head of EMEA Equity Sales, and Ali Mohsin, Algorithmic Trading Product Manager, at ConvergEx Group describe how a trader managed to execute an order approaching half a financial stock's ADV on August 8th - one of the most volatile trading sessions of the year.
- MiFID Descends across EuropeSix months after its launch, the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) has begun to stimulate greater competition between trade execution venues, but the fragmentation of liquidity and trade reporting has also caused confusion among buy-side institutions. Chris Hall reports.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Cowen Group announces acquisition of Convergex3rd April 2017 - Transaction to enhance Cowen's brokerage and trading services business.
- OTC Markets appoints former Convergex MD as CFO14th December 2015 - OTC Markets Group appoints Bea Ordonez as chief financial officer.
- Linear Investments acquires AQX Securities's assets22nd July 2015 - UK prime broker enhances multi-asset execution capabilities and hires Sam Merali to run its agency brokerage business.
- Former ConvergEx trader admits books and records falsification7th April 2015 - Former Convergex Global Markets trader, Michael Craig Marshall, pleads guilty for scheme to falsify books and records
- SEC charges former brokerage CEO for his role in fraudulent scheme11th February 2015 - Former ConvergEx subsidiary CEO Craig S. Lax ordered to pay more than $783,000, barred from securities industry for at least five years.