Ion Asset Architecture
Ion Asset Architecture is a technology-centric asset manager focusing on high-frequency trading across asset classes.
Related Articlessee more...
- Better, faster, stronger?Eurex has poured plenty of development resource into its T7 platform and seems determined to push for more improvements.
In the previous edition of Automated Trader, Ion Asset Architecture's Dennis Lohfert looked at how the new architecture was performing and the results were impressive. He follows up here with a look at the impact of the latest upgrade and considers whether Eurex can maintain its momentum.
- Battling the bottleneck: an analysis of the new Eurex platformDennis Lohfert, founder of Ion Asset Architecture, crunches the numbers to determine what impact T7, Eurex Exchange's new trading architecture, will have for latency-sensitive trading.
- High Frequency Trauma - What unintended consequences are in store as regulators target HFT?Proposals to regulate automated trading have been coming thick and fast. Bob Giffords, with the help of a host of market participants, peers into a crystal ball to see what some of the side effects could be if any of these ideas were adopted, and whether the market has cause for concern.
- What just happened?There's high-frequency trading, and now there's high-frequency crashing. But identifying the causes of the 6th May 2010 'flash crash' has proved to be a relatively slow process. Bob Giffords goes in search of causes, outcomes, explanations and lessons to be learned.
- Short Selling and Risky Margin
Since Automated Trader’s Q3 issue hit your desktops, we have been living in interesting times. In our conversations with you in the last few weeks before going to press, two things have been top of your agendas:
- The short selling ban on financial stocks
- The security of margin deposits in the event of a clearer’s failure.
This issue’s First People feature showcases some of these conversations.