The Dow Jones Elementized News Feed lets you harness the respected intellectual capital that is the hallmark of Dow Jones. Clients who need an objective, real-time source of quality news and information for their quantitative models-and need it ahead of competitors-consistently choose Dow Jones, a trusted global leader that delivers the timeliest information you can use to trade with confidence.
Related Articlessee more...
- No SignalNO SIGNAL is a regular column where we examine various snafus in the trading, particularly the automated trading world. We look at errors in application logic, mistakes by overzealous co-workers, failures in technology and temporary losses of power to both infrastructure as well as craniums. These all make for good stories that everyone can alternatively either learn from or be amused by - or both. If you have a story that you think makes for a valuable lesson or is simply funny in a facepalm moment kind of way, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Naturally, we treat all submissions with the highest confidentiality. We are only interested in the lesson value, or in some cases the humour value, and not in identifying involved parties.
- Capturing the reaction to insider purchasesVisibility into insider trading (or director dealing) is important to market participants. Studies have consistently shown insiders' trades are informed and followed by significant abnormal returns. Consequently, market participants race to follow insiders who make unexpected moves.
- BRIC-layerSIt's been almost 15 years since the original BRIC grouping was minted, referring to Brazil, Russia, India and China, with South Africa getting tacked on in 2010. Much has changed in the world since then, and though the regions push forward with cooperative arrangements among themselves, there is a big question mark over the relevance of these emerging markets as a group. Automated Trader tries to stitch together the macro and micro realities.
- The Year of Big Data: The challenges of putting trillions of odd-shaped pegs into neat little holesThe volume of digital content is forecast to surge to a staggering 2.7 zettabytes in 2012. How big is that? One of those is 10 to the 21st power. We're talking billions and billions of terabytes. What's more, at least 90 percent of that will be unstructured, made up of enormous numbers of files based on social media or web-enabled processes. How do companies turn this information soup into something palatable? The short answer is, in lots of ways. Adam Cox reports.
- Voracious readers: The changing world of unstructured dataReckon you're a fast reader? There's a reasonable chance your company has machines that have already read every single word in this article, long before you could lay eyes on it. If that's the case, you're currently in the minority among market participants - but you may not be for long. Signs point to a steady climb in the adoption of systems that allow vast amounts of news and social data to be consumed instantly. As the technology has advanced, the market has grown more comfortable embracing it. Adam Cox surveys the unstructured data landscape and asks what's in store.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- CBOE Holdings announces plans to launch options on S&P Select Sector Indices12th September 2017 - New index options enable investors to incorporate U.S. sector investing strategies into their portfolios
- Wall Street Horizon adds major European & Asian Index constituents to global dataset20th July 2017 - Addition sees clients get Enchilada's full 40+ corporate event datasets for FTSE 100, CAC 40, DAX 30, Hang Seng 50, Nikkei 225, EAFE and Dow Jones STOXX 1000 constituent companies.
- Acuity Trading and Dow Jones to deliver news sentiment and visualization tool for traders23rd May 2017 - Acuity Trading and Dow Jones partner to combine Acuity Trading's sentiment analysis and big data capabilities with Dow Jones's financial news to launch a visual news-analytics tool.
- Dow Jones multicast news product available via Equinix NY21st February 2017 - Dow Jones launches multicast news feed via Equinix New York data center.
- LiquidMetrix and Dow Jones deliver surveillance solution9th October 2016 - LiquidMetrix Strategic Insight partners with Dow Jones to deliver enhanced market surveillance solution.