UBS Direct Execution is the firm's global institutional electronic trading business. Direct Execution offers Direct Market Access (DMA), a suite of advanced Algorithmic Trading strategies, an execution management system called UBS Pinpoint, and a web-based analytics platform, UBS Fusion. Launched as a comprehensive offering in 2007, UBS Fusion provides clients with a flexible set of pre-, at-, and post trade analytics and tools, including Real-Time TCA.
Related Articlessee more...
- A novel and quantitative perspective of the SECQuantitative analysis of speeches by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to categorize topics shows that regulators focus too often on issues of disclosure and transparency rather than on issues of market architecture and design.
- Dealing with SwapsSwap execution facilities have been somewhat of a slow burner. Even now as they pick up steam, a request-for-quote system remains the popular choice. But a regulatory preference for central limit order book trading means that exchange-like structures will gain prominence as the swaps market place evolves both in the US and Europe. It could also mean a ramp-up in buy side seeking viable hedging alternatives. Anna Reitman reports on how it's all playing out for market participants.
- Exchange warsSecurities and derivatives exchanges around the world are facing severe headwinds, or depending on your viewpoint, "opportunities"...
Adam Cox talks to senior exchange executives and a range of industry players in this "six-part story" to examine some of the burning issues. Regulatory changes are encouraging new lines of business and new business models, merger and acquisition activity is dominating the headlines, venues are scrambling to come up with products they hope might catch fire.
So Automated Trader decided to take stock of some of the forces which are redefining the trading venue landscape. We've spoken to top executives, analysts and market participants to provide a snapshot of some of the main themes.
Owain Self, Head of Algorithmic Trading, Americas and EMEA at UBS, outlines the use of a liquidity seeking algo to acquire a substantial position in Aviva on a day when the stock went ex-dividend.
- Commodities - the Ultimate Hedge
Given the roller coaster ride of financial markets and the growing volatility of exchange rates, investors have been searching for an ultimate store of value. In recent years many have looked to commodities, and there has even been a proposal to create a global currency, known as the Terra, tied to a basket of physical commodities1. This search for long-term value has led to its own dynamics. Studies have shown for example that commodity futures are negatively correlated with equity and bond returns, while having a similar risk premium to equities. At the same time they are positively correlated with inflation and even sudden, unexpected price shifts2. So how then have the commodity markets fared in the crisis? Bob Giffords investigates.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- BAML joins Neptune's network17th May 2017 - Addition of Bank of America Merrill Lynch to Neptune's network brings total to 22 banks signed to participate with 19 live.
- UBS AM hires Suni Harford as Head of Investments16th May 2017 - Suni Harford joins UBS Asset Management from Citigroup.
- SEC approves listing of S&P 500 ETF with quadruple leverage4th May 2017 - MOAR leverage!
- Eurex appoints Romanos Daniel as Chief Innovation Officer3rd May 2017 - Eurex expands its executive management team.
- DTCC names four new members to Board of Directors24th April 2017 - Michael Herskovitz, Kathleen Lynch, Umesh Subramanian, and Lara J. Warner join DTCC board.