JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leader in wholesale financial services, offering intelligent solutions across one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We keep client objectives foremost in our minds, fostering long-term relationships. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
Related Articlessee more...
- Python for analysing financial marketsPython is increasingly popular and is used in front-office systems at some of the largest investment banks and hedge funds. We provide an introduction to the language and its extensive range of libraries, and show how to speed up execution.
- Fetching market data into Excel using PythonMicrosoft Excel is the 'go-to' solution for data manipulation and analysis in finance. However, it lags behind the reality of how data, particularly financial or trading data, is consumed in the age of the Internet. Here is a simple, yet powerful way to enable Excel to work with a wide variety of financial databases and sources.
- Accelerating Automated Trading
We first covered FPGAs in the second issue of AT and it’s a topic we’ve revisited on a number of subsequent occasions2. Here, David Buechner, Vice President, Impulse Accelerated Technologies, Larry Cohen, CEO, Accelerated Computing Solutions and Edward Trexel, Senior Staff/Hardware Engineer, bring us up to the second with a discussion of low-latency automated trading via FPGA-based NICs. Faster order execution via network-connected FPGA co-processing, anybody?
- Morgan's MissionAs one of the world’s largest fund managers, JPMorgan Asset Management’s trading operations increasingly resemble those of an agency broker. Daemon Bear, Head of Equity Trading, and Kristian West, Head of Trading Strategy, who recently joined from Barclays Capital, explain the tools and processes employed by the firm in pursuit of best execution.
- MiFID Descends across EuropeSix months after its launch, the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) has begun to stimulate greater competition between trade execution venues, but the fragmentation of liquidity and trade reporting has also caused confusion among buy-side institutions. Chris Hall reports.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Fortune 500 companies join IBM Q Network15th December 2017 - IBM announces collaboration to accelerate quantum computing with Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions and national research labs
- American Express, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo form third party risk management company22nd November 2017 - American Express, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo have formed a new company called TruSight to combine best practices and simplify third-party risk assessments
- Goldman Sachs considers trading Bitcoin4th October 2017 - Client demand could encourage other banks to follow
- BNY Mellon appoints ex-Visa head Charles Scharf as CEO18th July 2017 - Charles W. Scharf appointed CEO and a director of BNY Mellon effective immediately; to become Chairman on 1/1/18.
- SmartStream RDU announces reference data service for MiFID II15th June 2017 - The SmartStream Reference Data Utility announces fully Integrated Reference Data Service for MiFID II.