BATS Chi - X Europe
BATS Chi-X Europe is the largest European equities exchange by market share and value traded and represents the combination in 2011 of the two leading pan-European multilateral trading facilities (MTFs), BATS Europe and Chi-X Europe.
Based in London, BATS Chi-X Europe supports competition and drives innovation in the European equities markets. BATS Chi-X Europe offers trading in more than 1,800 of the most liquid equities across 25 indices and 15 major European markets, as well as ETFs, ETCs and international depositary receipts. In addition, BATS Chi-X Europe's innovative smart order routing service allows cost-effective access to other MTFs and 13 primary exchanges. BATS Chi-X Europe trading participants receive world-class support including sophisticated technical port services with real-time monitoring of latency, trading activity, network connectivity and risk management.
Related Articlessee more...
- MiFID 2 double volume caps - the end of dark trading?A controversial rule in MiFID 2 is the double volume cap mechanism for dark pools. Recently, a quantitative study presented dramatic numbers on the percentage of stocks that would be suspended under the regime. We investigate if the efficient use of large-in-scale trading can help to mitigate the caps.
- How to align broker and customer interests and make exchanges more competitiveUS regulators are focused on conflicts of interest caused by maker-taker rebates. Is there a way to align broker and customer interests and still incentivise liquidity provision?
- The difficulty of identifying multi-broker spoofingTrading through multiple brokers has been used by spoofers to help avoid detection. New regulations for cash equity markets in the EU and US are designed to curtail the practice.
- The future of dark liquidity in EuropeThe dark trading landscape faces fundamental change once again. The changes in MiFID 2/MiFIR, including dark volume caps, will profoundly affect most dark trading activity, fundamentally altering how institutional investors interact with hidden liquidity.
- Hacking Korea: The accidental HFT firmNecessity is the mother of invention. This is true in all areas of life, including the domain of high frequency trading. Discover how some impressive hardware and software engineering over the years led to capturing significant market share in KOSPI options.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- BSO acquires Apsara Networks9th January 2018 - Network provider BSO has acquired wireless connectivity provider Apsara Networks
- Thomson Reuters introduces APA Connectivity for MiFID II trade reporting22nd November 2017 - Clients will be able to utilize Thomson Reuters connectivity for customizable access to the Approved Publisher Arrangement of their choice
- Cboe Global Markets CFO to retire7th November 2017 - Alan Dean, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer to retire after 38 years with company; Brian Schell, Deputy CFO, succeeds Dean
- Cboe: Ready to go for MiFID II1st November 2017 - Cboe Europe Equities rolls out final MiFID II exchange software release
- Bats Europe renamed as Cboe Europe Equities17th October 2017 - Bats Europe to be called Cboe Europe Equities, all products rebranded as Cboe offerings