Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) is the leader in innovative custom logic solutions, and has been ever since inventing the world's first reprogrammable logic device in 1984. Today, over 2,600 employees in 19 countries are providing even more ingenious custom logic solutions - addressing a range of concerns, from power consumption to performance to cost - for customers in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, broadcast, computer and storage, consumer, industrial, medical, military, test and measurement, wireless, and wireline. In addition to devices, Altera's comprehensive solutions portfolio contains fully integrated software development tools, versatile embedded processors, optimized intellectual property (IP) cores, reference designs examples, and a variety of development kits.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Altera announces Functional Safety Lockstep solution24th November 2015 - Altera Functional Safety package combines FPGA flexibility with Lockstep processor solution.
- Altera FPGAs accelerate servers at Texas Advanced Computing Center13th November 2015 - New server cluster uses Altera FPGAs to help researchers and academia run complex algorithmic-based research.
- Altera's heterogeneous SiP devices integrate HBM2 DRAM with FPGAs9th November 2015 - Altera discloses industry's first heterogeneous SiP devices that integrate HBM2 DRAM with FPGAs
- Altera joins Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) project3rd July 2015 - Altera brings FPGAs to network function virtualization.
- Altera FPGA-based storage reference design doubles life of NAND flash1st July 2015 - FPGAs with embedded CPU architecture offer storage in the cloud and high-performance computing systems.