Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange
Dubai has historically been an international hub for the physical trade of not only gold, but also many other commodities and so the establishment of the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) was the next logical step for the region and the local economy.
The Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) commenced trading in November 2005 as the Middle East's first commodity derivatives exchange and has become today, the leading derivatives exchange in the region.
DGCX has almost 230 members and 86 clearing members from a range of financial centres such as Zurich, London, Chicago, Singapore, Auckland, Mumbai and Karachi, as well as the UAE.
The DGCX's goal is to ensure that DGCX is the 'market of choice' in the region, by listening to the needs of both existing and new market participants to provide the contracts that they wish to trade.
Benefits of Trading on DGCX
The DGCX's range of futures contracts offers participants of the physical commodities markets, such as producers, manufacturers and end users, with a sophisticated means of hedging their price risk exposure. Such price risk management has previously been unavailable to producers in the Middle East. In addition, DGCX offers trading opportunities to financial communities and investment houses in both the Middle East and around the globe who wish to access the growing asset classes of commodity and currency derivatives.
Middle East's largest and most diverse commodities and derivatives exchange
Offices / Head Quarters
Related Industry Newssee more...
- DGCX launches Sharia compliant gold futures21st August 2017 - DGCX partnership with Ayedh Dejem Group provides accessibility to gold futures for Middle East investors
- Trading Technologies connects to DGCX7th March 2017 - Trading Technologies provides connectivity to Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange.
- BSO announces fast connectivity to and from Dubai16th November 2016 -
- DGCX boosts connectivity with Stellar Trading Systems9th March 2016 - Stellar Trading Systems becomes approved Independent Software Vendor on the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange.
- DGCX launches new settlement service with Cinnober technology16th December 2014 - Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange offers new settlement services based on Cinnober TRADExpress technology.