Instinet completes Newport 3.10 rollout
First Published 11th October 2011
Instinet releases Newport 3.10
Instinet Incorporated, the provider of electronic trading and agency-only brokerage services, has announced the completion of the rollout of the 3.10 release of Newport®, its execution management systems (EMS).
Key enhancements in the Newport 3.10 release include:
- Additional visualization tools within Insight's destination analysis "heatmap," which provide the location of fills and illustrate the performance of various destinations versus each other in real time.
- Instinet's proprietary Complex Event Processing (CEP) technology integrated more closely with the application, enabling users to perform on-the-fly queries of point-in-time and historical price, volume and return information for specific securities, as well as derived analytics;
- Incorporation of analytics columns within Newport's interlisted trading capabilities, providing users with additional visual information to assist in the execution of fungible US-/Canadian-listed securities or pairs;
- Extension of Newport's benchmarking capabilities, allowing users to apply up to three benchmarks on each individual order through a new, easy-to-use dialogue box;
- An enhanced blotter registration process, allowing users to maximize liquidity sourcing opportunities in the major block trading venues without disrupting normal workflows;
- "Targeted Linking" functionality, which allows users to more easily link specific windows directly from the montage to better streamline workflow and ultimately place orders more efficiently.
Commenting on the release, Frank Freitas, Global Head of Product Strategy at Instinet, said: "Some of the most sophisticated institutions around the world, as well as Instinet's agency-only sales traders, have come to rely on Newport to access hundreds of broker-neutral destinations, intelligently source global liquidity and leverage an advanced, fully-integrated analytics platform. As with every release, we have worked in close collaboration with this user community in developing the enhancements introduced as part of Newport 3.10, and will continue doing so to ensure that Newport remains an industry-leading EMS."