On Friday, March 7, NYSE-listed companies leading the way in female representation on corporate boards and representatives from 2020 Women on Boards, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the percentage of women's board leadership to 20% or greater by 2020, will visit the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) to kickoff International Women's Day.
In honor of the occasion, Malli Gero, Executive Director and Co-Founder of 2020 Women on Boards joined by representatives from the organization and Melanne Verveer, Executive Director of the Institute for Women, Peace and Security at Georgetown University and former US Ambassador-at-large for Women's Issues, will ring the NYSE Closing Bell. Additionally, the group will be joined on the bell podium by women board members from NYSE-listed companies whose boards are comprised at least 20% by women.
Bell ringing participants will include:
- Ambassador Melanne Verveer, Executive Director of the Institute for Women, Peace and Security at Georgetown University, former US Ambassador-at-large for Women's Issues
- Jill Considine, Board member of Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG)
- Susan Ness, Board member of Gannett (NYSE: GCI)
- Rita Rodriguez, Board member of PVH Corporation (NYSE: PVH), Affiliated Managers Group Inc. (NYSE: AMG), and Ensco PLC (NYSE: ESV)
- Joyce Brown, Board member of Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL)
- Mary Baglivo, Board member of PVH Corporation (NYSE: PVH)
- Laurie Glimcher, Board member of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY) and Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)
- Judith Rodin, Board member of Citigroup (NYSE: C)
- Eve Burton, Board member of AOL Corp. (NYSE: AOL)
- Ilene Lang, Senior Advisor, Former President & CEO of Catalyst
- Malli Gero, Executive Director and Co-Founder, 2020 Women on Boards
- Stephanie Sonnabend, Chair and Co-founder, 2020 Women on Boards