3rd annual HIFREQ TRADE 2012
29 Feb 2012
Website: click here
HIFREQ TRADE 2012 will be the third annual event dedicated to the High Frequency Trading universe which is currently entering an exciting new phase of development: the robotic markets.
Algorithms are becoming larger, faster, more intelligent, more self-adaptive and geographically distributed, embracing all asset classes and jurisdictions and managing alpha from end-to-end. We see the rise of new emerging markets with new market participants with different perspectives, expectations and notions of value. How will these developments shape the trading landscape, its integrity and quality over the next few years? In order to stay competitive, firms have to analyze, optimize, and continuously change their systems to sustain the ongoing technology arms race of super smart algorithms that are more complex and diverse than ever before.
We will review how increasing numbers of firms are entering this space competing for a slice of the profits and will try to answer the questions on where and how to look for the new opportunities to sustain alpha creation. We’ll look at the next generation hardware components for super fast infrastructure, the latest solutions for managing latency, effective deployment of co-location strategies and ways of coping with news and big data in today’s markets.
We will further examine the evolving roles of brokers, market makers, and traders, and how they affect our models of risk and profitability.
Last but not least, we will explore how HFT firms can adapt to the latest regulatory proposals such as the Financial Transaction Tax or continuous market making, since they could radically affect the business. For everybody involved in High Frequency Trading and its supply chain, if you want to be up to date with the latest developments and meet your colleagues and other industry peers HIFREQ TRADE 2012 is the one event you won’t want to miss.
Main Topics Include
- Assessing the current situation in HFT
- Evaluating trading performance within HFT
- Review of the changing market structure
- Latest Regulations
- Exploring the latest HFT technologies
- Coping with record data volumes and its synchronization
- Latest developments in latency space
- Building vendor neutral infrastructure
- Trading in nano seconds
- Improving market surveillance and real time risk monitoring
- Modeling global low latency algorithmic trading strategy
- Buy side voices towards the latest developments in HFT
- Market Making opportunities and issues on exchange vs OT
- Meeting Point for 150+ High Frequency Traders
- Program will feature highly practical presentations mixed with interactive discussions that you can utilize for your trading & your strategic vision.
- Agenda is designed with up to date topics to ensure discussed will be the latest subjects
- High Frequency Trading is still one of the hottest topics in trading that continues to fill headlines and you will get the chance to hear it from the first hand.
- Must attend event to stay informed about latest developments within HFT
Date : February 29, 2012
Time: 8:30 - 18:00 plus networking cocktail reception
Location : London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, London, W1K 6JP, UK
Expected attendance: 150+