STAC Summit, London
STAC (Securities Technology Analysis Center)
10 May 2016
Details: click here
Register: click here
Note: This STAC Summit comes the day after the Essentials of MiFID 2 Time Compliance workshop in London on May 9 in the same location.
STAC Summits bring together industry leaders from top financial and technology firms to discuss the latest business issues and technical trends affecting:
- app development and optimization
- infrastructure engineering
- operational intelligence.
This STAC Summit will kick off with advanced topics related to MiFID 2 time sync, then segue to other topics related to realtime data processing, alpha generation, risk management and other business imperatives involving fast data, big data, and big compute:
- Fast data. Event-driven workloads that are latency sensitive and/or throughput intensive, primarily in automated trading (including HFT): market data, trading & matching algorithms, trade execution, and trade-time risk.
- Big data. Data-bound workloads such as tick analytics, strategy research and backtesting, fraud detection, credit quality prediction, predictive prospecting, social media analytics for trading, and operational risk & compliance.
- Big compute. Challenging computational finance tasks in areas such as derivatives pricing, market risk management, credit risk management, portfolio optimization, collateral management, and strategy backtesting.