SCA for Event Processing and PubSub…
from TIBCO Software : Paul Vincent - 31st December 1969
The opinions expressed by this blogger and those providing comments are theirs alone, this does not reflect the opinion of Automated Trader or any employee thereof. Automated Trader is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by this article.
Thanks to TIBCO's Scott Vorthmann for updating me on the SCA-Assembly-Extensions-for-Event-Processing-and-Pub/Sub draft, which was reported on InfoQ a few months ago. This seems to be mostly an Oracle + IBM effort, and seemingly is occuring outside of OASIS, which seems strange if it is true.
- There is some interesting commentary on its relevence versus the WS-Eventing / -Notification efforts. Possibly all these are together in the same logjam. Some of the associated comments seem to make the case that there is a difference between message processing and event processing - even if most CEP tools utilise messaging systems as transports for events, the appearance of a message *is* an event, etc….
- This SCA effort seems to have similarities with the OMG Event Metamodel and Profile initiative - indeed "SCA-AE4EP&PS" would likely be an input to EMP (if either take off).
- Work seems to be progressing on an initial implementation anyway as a part of the Apache Tuscany project - they have a page on event processing too - but one gets the impression the differences between services, components, and event processing components might be a problem here.
- Project Managing an Event Processing Application
- OMG BPMN2 Conversations vs Event terminology
- eXtreme Event Processing: 5K EPS…