Valuations Analyst - Top Tier Investment Bank
this job appointment has expired
Location United States,
Employment type perm
Updated 30th Nov 2017
Company Selby Jennings
Contact Jenna Kim (NY)
Phone (646) 759-5605
Email click here
A major investment bank in New York City is looking to build out
their cross-asset valuations team as their business has seen
tremendous growth this past financial year. The candidate must be
highly motivated and technically adept as they will be working
alongside the front office, model validation, and risk management
teams in order to support functionality, develop pricing tools,
and maintain the analytical infrastructure of the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect crucial information regarding product level pricing models, user interfaces, and market data management and develop conditions for project developers.
- Work in collaboration in order to create assessments validating functionality, maintain project flow, and outline scenarios.
- Work to assimilate third party pricing and risk libraries into the service.
- Serve as a middleman between the New York office and other offices involved in projects.
- Contribute to projects focusing on business strategies such as the improvement of risk reporting frameworks, model development, and market data integration.
- Consult on issues regarding best practices, user interface, and market data management.
An ideal candidate will have:
- MS in Financial Engineering / Quantitative discipline, or MBA
- 5-7 years of experience in banking or hedge fund valuations and risk
- Previously worked as a BA, preferably in financial services
- SunGard Front Area and Bloomberg preferred, Calypso, Murex, or other PM systems experience is encouraged
- Exceptional understanding of FX products, options, futures, IR swaps, CDS, Convertibles, and other financial instruments.
- Strong Communication skills