Small and Mid-Cap Research Analyst
this job appointment has expired
Location United Kingdom,
Employment type perm
Updated 07th Feb 2018
Company Selby Jennings
Contact Maya Guttfreund
Phone 020 3758 8900
Email click here
I am working with a successful long-only investment boutique.
They invest in global (ex-US) small and mid-sized companies. They
are looking for Research Analysts with 1-3 years of previous
equity research experience, and open to occasional travel to
visit companies, attend conferences, and meet with management.
Their investment process relies on fundamental research identifying quality companies at reasonable valuations, often times with a contrarian entry point. It is a great opportunity to join a dynamic firm and also work with experienced investment professionals.
The role will include:
- Regular screening for investment ideas.
- . Occasional travel will be required to visit companies, attend conferences and meet with company management
- Building and updating models
- Monitoring of investment positions and recommendations
- Reviewing other analysts' investment reports
- Writing thematic reports
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong academic record
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The ability to produce high-quality analytical work to tight deadlines based on large amounts of information
- 1-3 years equity research experience
- CFA Level I or better
- UK residency or visa