Support Developer for High Frequency Trading Firm
this job appointment has expired
Location United States, New York
Employment type permanent
Updated 26th Sep 2012
Company Kaizen Partnership
Contact James Wood
Email click here
My client is one of the leading providers of high frequency trading space and currently offers one of the fastest trading platforms in the world. Some of the top traders globally use their trading platforms and they are currently expanding out of their start-up phase and currently execute 5% of the daily equities volume in the US. They have also recently closed a major deal with top tier US Investment Bank.
My client is currently seeking bright, articulate, highly-motivated Associates to join their team. Support developers are the first line of support for our trading platform. They handle customer calls, monitor system status and build tools to help support the trading activity. The exact responsibilities of each position will also be tailored to the individual's strengths and experience.
We offer the following:
• Competitive compensation with excellent long-term earnings potential.
• Ability to join one of the premier financial technology firms in the space of high frequency trading
• Ability to interact with highly talented and experienced professionals in a casual and entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to join a rapidly growing firm and have an outsized impact.
Our requirements are the following:
• Strong academic history from a top university
• Undergraduate degree in computer sciences preferred but not required
• Interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively are essential
• Sql, and Unix Scripting (Awk/Sed/Bash) skills - Python knowledge a big plus
• Familiarity with C/C++
• Entrepreneurial mindset
To discuss this, or other openings, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org