Lead System Administrator (Windows/Linux)
this job appointment has expired
Location United States, New York
Employment type permanent
Updated 18th Apr 2012
Company Victor Technologies, LLC
Contact Dr. Daniel Marques
Email click here
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (C.T.O.), and working closely with the Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O), the Lead System Administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, operating, and supporting all of the organization's information technology systems, including but not limited to: the production, QA, and development platforms; all other datacenter servers and infrastructure (database servers, application/host monitoring systems); all office technology (desktops, servers, phone system), the organization's website, and the management of hosted applications (e.g. e-mail, archiving, backup).
The Lead System Administrator is responsible for supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting all technical systems to ensure 100% uptime of the Victor Technologies platform. The position involves significant interaction with software developers, clients, vendors, and other business units.
To successfully fill this role a person must have very strong technical skills combined with broad IT knowledge, and must specifically have experience from within the highly demanding financial industry.
• the Windows based production platform, ensuring 100% uptime of this platform
*Including day to day operations, maintenance and troubleshooting; and planning for future growth
• all other Linux and Windows servers and clients
• all other IT, examples including
*Office phone system
*Email, backup, archiving, etc.
• eventually directly managing a team of 2 to 3 engineers
• supporting the Operations staff with client on-boarding and by providing technical support to end users
• providing off-hours support and systems maintenance, both scheduled and unscheduled, as required
• continuously improving all IT systems, by (e.g.)
*developing new processes and procedures
*recommending and making improvements to current infrastructure
• Relevant Bachelors Degree
• Excellent written, oral communication, interpersonal, and project management skills
• 10+ years experience in systems administration/engineering
*Including both Windows and Linux experience
• Experience managing low-latency trading / finance applications
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues stemming from multiple sources including Hardware, Software, OS, and Network equipment
• Datacenter experience including capacity planning, power management, cabling knowledge, asset tracking and inventory management
• Experience managing Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with SNMP monitoring of network, hosts, services, and applications
• Experience configuring and monitoring LBM messaging applications
• Understanding of networking and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, Multicast, etc.)
Please submit resume, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only, please.