C++ Software Developer
this job appointment has expired
Location United States, Chicago
Employment type permanent
Updated 22nd Mar 2012
Company Cognitive Capital, LLC
Contact Jennifer Hartig
Email click here
Cognitive Capital, LLC seeks a software developer to help develop its state-of-the-art, real-time automated trading system. In addition to possessing excellent analytical and technical skills, the successful candidate will be a creative problem solver, a clear communicator, and a strong team player.
ABOUT COGNITIVE CAPITAL
Cognitive Capital, LLC is a proprietary trading firm that adds value to capital markets by providing liquidity through its automated trading technology. The firm's financial engineers and software developers create and implement the algorithms and software used to execute the firm's trading strategies. Cognitive Capital fosters an ethical, data-driven, and collaborative culture that focuses on building robust, scalable systems.
· Strong C++ and object-oriented design skills; familiarity with STL, design patterns and distributed computing, knowledge of network and multi-threaded programming in a Unix environment.
· Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases, including complex queries (joins, unions), triggers, and stored procedures.
· Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Python, Perl, shell).
· Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing technical documentation, training users in software operations, and interacting positively with upper management.
· Flexible self-starter, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
· A minimum of three to five years of large scale C++ development experience.
· A degree in computer science or a related field.
DESIRABLE BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
· Experience with electronic trading systems.
· Work under general direction from senior management.
· Collaborate closely with financial engineering and trading colleagues to understand functional objectives and requirements.
· Design/implement complex real-time trading system.
· Provide production system support, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
Salary and bonus based on qualifications and performance.
Please submit your resumeto email@example.com and note the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Cognitive Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.