Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- State Street, DTCC, and others, join Etherium blockchain alliance
May 22nd, 2017 - Enterprise Ethereum Alliance announces 86 new members including Broadridge, DTCC, Deloitte, Infosys, Merck KGaA , MUFG, National Bank of Canada, Rabobank, Samsung SDS, State Street, Toyota .
- Preqin: Hedge Funds attract net inflows of 20bn USD in Q1 2017
May 22nd, 2017 - Managers reverse five quarters of outflows in Q1, pushing industry AUM to $3.35tn.
- NICE Actimize introduces Robotic Process Automation for risk and compliance
May 22nd, 2017 - NICE Actimize RPA, integrated with Actimize Case Management, lowers the cost of compliance and increases investigator productivity.
- Codel partners with GMEX
May 22nd, 2017 - Codel partners with GMEX to deliver a paradigm shift for commodity trading. Codel makes key appointments to Board of directors.
- FIG launches A.I. FX platform and Compcoin digital token
May 19th, 2017 - Fintech Investment Group launches with A.I. forex trading platform and Compcoin digital tokens ahead of Initial Coin Offering - firm aims to raise up to $30 million for development of additional investment tools.
- EBA consults on cloud computing guidance
May 19th, 2017 - The European Banking Authority has launched a consultation setting out its guidance for the use of cloud service providers by financial institutions.
- Automated Trader Update: DTCC, IBM cloud busting
May 19th, 2017 - DTCC posits cloud alternative to data centres, IBMQ announced, Humaniq joins Barclays TechStars, SEC approves NYSE MKT speed bump, SIA bookbuilding app available on Eikon, Nasdaq Analytics Hub launches, CFTC debuts LabCFTC, Liquidnet buys OTAS, OANDA introduces cross-border money transfer solution, banks select Tradeweb for MiFID II, Misys rolls out AI strategy, automated bitcoin trading introduced. ITG, Ancoa, and UBS announce appointments.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
May 19th, 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- IPC and OneAsia partner to offer China connectivity
May 18th, 2017 - IPC collaborates with OneAsia to provide financial market connectivity into China.
- CFTC launches FinTech initiative-LabCFTC
May 18th, 2017 - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) approves the creation of LabCFTC, a new initiative aimed at promoting responsible FinTech innovation.
- BSO supplies connectivity services to CME Group customers
May 18th, 2017 - BSO signs with CME Group to deliver global connectivity services to CME Group customers.
- Thomson Reuters boosts ESG data solutions in Eikon with SASB Materiality Framework application
May 17th, 2017 - Insight360 SASB Edition app is the first ESG data analytics platform that fully integrates SASB's Materiality Framework to assess investment opportunities and risks in real time.
- SEC halts quadruple-leverage ETFs
May 17th, 2017 - Commission flip-flops on earlier announcements
- SEC approves speed bump on NYSE MKT
May 17th, 2017 - NYSE MKT to rebrand to NYSE American
- OANDA and Western Union Business Solutions team up on cross-border money transfer
May 17th, 2017 - OANDA and Western Union Business Solutions to deliver a new cross-border money transfer solution - OANDA Money Transfer.
- NEX Optimisation appoints Colin Murphy as chief commercial officer
May 17th, 2017
- Liquidnet buys OTAS Technologies
May 17th, 2017 - Liquidnet enhances trading platform with acquisition of OTAS Technologies.
- BAML joins Neptune's network
May 17th, 2017 - Addition of Bank of America Merrill Lynch to Neptune's network brings total to 22 banks signed to participate with 19 live.
- IBM builds its most powerful universal quantum computing processors
May 17th, 2017 - IBM doubles compute power for IBM Q commercial systems with new processor. Developers, researchers and programmers execute more than 300,000 quantum experiments on IBM Cloud.
- Standard Chartered to join Thomson Reuters Org ID KYC managed service for Africa
May 17th, 2017 - Will become fourth bank to join regional partnership which accelerates on-boarding for customers and provides due diligence processes.
- Gareth Thomas to join BTIG FX Trading Group
May 17th, 2017 - Gareth Thomas joins BTIG as a Director of electronic foreign exchange platform, TradeSave FX.
- Itiviti wins industry award for 'Most Innovative New Product'
May 17th, 2017 - Itiviti has been recognized by the 2017 Technical Analyst Awards.
- Alastair Goodwin to head Cinnober's Ancoa
May 17th, 2017 - Cinnober recently announced the acquisition of the business and assets of Ancoa Software, the UK-based market surveillance specialist company.
- Metamako adds MayStreet to its partner ecosystem
May 17th, 2017 - Metamako adds MayStreet to its partner ecosystem, adding analytics capabilities for compliance and risk management.
- Thomson Reuters expands IPO execution strategy with SIA bookbuilding app in Eikon
May 16th, 2017 - Investment banks can manage deals directly from Thomson Reuters Eikon using SIA Bookbuilding app.
- Axioma announces new release of Japan Equity Factor Risk Model
May 16th, 2017
- Avelacom chooses AT TOKYO for London - Tokyo connectivity
May 16th, 2017 - Avelacom announces Tokyo low latency route for institutional investors, operating on FX and commodities markets.
- Nasdaq launches Nasdaq Analytics Hub
May 16th, 2017 - New platform offers buy side participants suite of back-tested, normalized data and analytics to help augment investment strategies.
- GreySpark and OXIAL offer continuous compliance service
May 16th, 2017 - New service allows Capital Markets firms to continuously remain on top of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- INDATA announces Epic Data API
May 16th, 2017 - INDATA launches API Toolkit as part of big data solution.