Financial & Algorithmic Trading Industry News
- Bloomberg announces standardized total return swaps on the Bloomberg Barclays Indices
Mar 30th, 2017 - Offers investors synthetic exposure to the most widely-used fixed income benchmarks.
- Avelacom extends low latency network to Istanbul
Mar 30th, 2017 - Avelacom launches new low latency route options from Interxion London to emerging markets.
- IPC Introduces Compliance Policy Engine
Mar 30th, 2017 - IPC's Compliance Policy Engine, automates proactive financial communications rule enforcement.
- LCH confirms no sale to Euronext
Mar 30th, 2017 - Proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext will not proceed due to prohibition of Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger.
- Thomson Reuters and Finatext develop new investment information service
Mar 30th, 2017 - Thomson Reuters delivers data service from FinTech Firm Finatext using social media analysis of listed stocks in Japan.
- ITG integrates with Commcise for MiFID II research solution
Mar 30th, 2017 -Commcise and ITG launch integrated MiFID II research solution for asset managers.
- DTCC's Omgeo ALERT completes enhancements to become industry's SSI Utility, increases SSIs by 15%
Mar 29th, 2017 - Introduces Omgeo ALERT Automating SSIs Together (ASSIsT) program. Readies industry for U.S. T+2 go-live in September 2017 and implementation of MiFID II in January 2018.
- LSE economist appointed UK head of 'Digging into High Frequency Data' project
Mar 29th, 2017 - LSE financial economist Dr Jean-Pierre Zigrand has been appointed UK principal investigator of a world-first global project to analyse high frequency financial data.
- IPC launches Global Exchange Reach solution
Mar 29th, 2017
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger officially dead
Mar 29th, 2017 - Not that it was a surprise.
- LCH offers repo clearing on German debt
Mar 29th, 2017 - LCH extends RepoClear service to offer clearing for cash and repo trades on German government securities.
- EU Commission prohibits Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger
Mar 29th, 2017 - Deutsche Börse and London Stock Exchange Group officially blocked, proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext N.V. will also terminate.
- NEX: EBS BrokerTec announces new internal structure for EBS
Mar 29th, 2017 - EBS BrokerTec, a NEX Group business, announces a new internal structure for its electronic foreign exchange business, EBS.
- Fidessa: Article 50 comment
Mar 29th, 2017 - Comment from Steve Grob, Director of Strategy at Fidessa on article 50 and financial markets impact.
- Hazelcast joins Confluent Partner Program
Mar 29th, 2017 - Confluent partner DataMountaineer deploys Hazelcast for IoT stream processing and analytics solution.
- Hundsun and Ullink announce strategic capital markets partnership for China
Mar 28th, 2017 - Hundsun connects to NYFIX Marketplace via Ullink network.
- DTCC plans to expand centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers
Mar 28th, 2017 - The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation's (DTCC) Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (FICC) subsidiary plans to expand its range of centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers, beginning in the second quarter of 2017.
- MOEX and DCE announce MOU
Mar 28th, 2017 - Moscow Exchange and Dalian Commodity Exchanges extend co-operation.
- BCS Global Markets appoints co-CEOs for London
Mar 28th, 2017 - Tim Bevan and Bradley Duke named co-Chief Executives for BCS Prime Brokerage (BCS UK).
- Burton-Taylor report: Global spend on financial information tops 27 billion USD
Mar 28th, 2017 - Burton-Taylor report shows spend on market data, analysis and news has topped USD$27 billion for the first time ever. The findings show a 3.45% increase in global spend for financial information last year, reaching USD$27.48 billion.
- ThinkTrader mobile app reduces latency with Neumob solution
Mar 28th, 2017 - ThinkMarkets' ThinkTrader mobile app cuts latency for global forex and CFD traders with Neumob solution.
- OTC Exchange Network joins the Chamber of Digital Commerce
Mar 28th, 2017
- Esprow updates ETP C-Box to automate MiFID II compliance certification
Mar 28th, 2017 - Esprow releases ETP C-Box update for automated MiFID II compliance certification.
- Axioma Names Jacqueline Gaillard as Managing Director, People & Talent
Mar 28th, 2017
- BT opens fintech innovation showcase
Mar 27th, 2017 - BT opens new showcase for the financial industry to demonstrate how the latest digital innovations can create secure and engaging customer experiences.
- DTCC'S legal entity identifier service, GMEI utility, readies industry for MIFID II implementation
Mar 27th, 2017 - DTCC receives official accreditation from the GLEIF. SIX collaborates with DTCC's subsidiary operating the GMEI utility to issue LEIs in Switzerland.
- SAP joins Hyperledger blockchain project
Mar 27th, 2017 - Business software and cloud services provider invests in open blockchain project to advance enterprise-grade distributed ledger technology.
- IBM launches secure blockchain services/governance and developer tools
Mar 24th, 2017 - IBM launches enterprise-ready blockchain services for Hyperledger Fabric v 1.0 on IBM Cloud.
- Preqin: Hedge fund managers become more flexible on fees
Mar 24th, 2017 - Managers view investor demands over fees as a key driver of change in 2017; three- quarters report to Preqin they are prepared to lower their rates.
- SIX and IBM Watson plan cyber security center
Mar 24th, 2017 - SIX leverages IBM Watson for cognitive Security Operations Center.