Algo Appointments News
- JP Morgan accused of breaching money-laundering regulations
22 Dec 2017 - Swiss branch involved in fraud scandal around 1Malaysia Development Berhad
- SIX trader survey finds concern with growth of passive investing
28 Nov 2017 - SIX Swiss Stock Exchange survey finds pressures and increased regulation continue to fuel the rise of passive investing
- TWSE and Nasdaq sign MoU
08 Sep 2017 - Taiwan Stock Exchange and Nasdaq sign Memorandum of Understanding
- Macron win - industry reactions
08 May 2017 - State Street, RationalFX, Heartwood, and Investec comment on Macron victory in French election.
- FINRA to release Tick-Size Pilot Program stock list today
06 Sep 2016 - Making markets better, one nickel at a time?
- Goldman Sachs tries to automate oddlot trades in US investment grade corporate bonds
01 Sep 2016 -
- Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to Alternative Investment Centre
09 Jun 2016 - BNY Mellon's Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to its Alternative Investment Centre.
- Austrian Finance Minister: Plans for European FTT may be cancelled
03 Jun 2016 - A European financial transaction tax may not be implemented after all, if more and more EU member states drop out of negotiations.
- Russia's Sberbank implements electronic trading platform
19 May 2016 - The corporate and investment banking business of Russian institution Sberbank, Sberbank CIB, has launched an electronic trading platform.
- ESMA's Maijoor: No need for new asset management rules (yet)
19 May 2016 - ESMA chairman Steven Maijoor rejects central bankers' calls for new liquidity management rules for asset managers.
- Digital transformation reshaping wholesale investment banking models
04 Apr 2016 - A new report from GreySpark Partners, the capital markets consulting firm, explores the digital transformation that the wholesale investment banking business model is facing, and which resembles a real industrial revolution for the sector.
- CFOs are becoming data scientists - Tagetik
12 Sep 2015 - With business information mushrooming into petabytes and chief financial officers increasingly called on to deliver deeper insights, big data is something the finance function can't afford to ignore, writes Tagetik's Alice Allegrini.
- Volante Technologies signs strategic partnership with Access to Arabia
08 Jun 2015 - Partnership to address the migration of Jordanian payments to new ISO 20022-based message standards.
- FIA coordinates industry preparations for leap second event
19 May 2015 - On Tuesday, June 30, an additional 'leap second' will be added to realign Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) with mean solar time.
- SEC names OCIE acting director
10 Apr 2015 - SEC names Marc Wyatt as acting director of the Office Of Compliance Inspections and Examinations.
- FIA Conference, Boca Raton - FIA inducts 13 individuals to Hall of Fame
11 Mar 2015 - 13 new members join 117 other honorees in the FIA Futures Hall of Fame.
- KOR Group forms Quantitative Advisory Board
11 Feb 2015 - KOR Group's QAB to help answer difficult questions around best execution. Board to be comprised of academics, buy- and sell-side professionals and financial services industry thought leaders.
- FIA Expo 2014: Opening remarks from Chairman Timothy G. Massad
05 Nov 2014 - Remarks of Chairman Timothy G. Massad before the Futures Industry Association Expo 2014.
- FIA's seventh SEF Tracker released
28 Oct 2014 - Trading volumes now available from January to September.
- Latest ICMA survey shows record levels of electronic trading in European repo market
04 Sep 2014 - European Repo Council of the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) releases 27th semi-annual survey of the European repo market. Among key findings, survey finds electronic trading continued to increase share and reached record levels.
- SEC charges former CEO of ConvergEx subsidiary
08 Aug 2014 - Anthony G. Blumberg charged with deceiving customers about trading fees. Four former employees of ConvergEx have now been charged in connection with securities fraud scheme.
- SIFMA releases excerpts from equity market structure roundtable discussion
29 Jul 2014 - SIFMA President and CEO Kenneth E. Bentsen participates in equity market structure reform roundtable.
- FIA elects new Chairman and two new board members
21 Jul 2014 - Gerald Corcoran replaces Michael Yarian as FIA chairman, Jan Bart de Boer and Raymond Kahn elected as board members.
- FIA introduces SEF Tracker
08 Apr 2014 - FIA launches SEF Tracker to measure swap trading activity.
- Integral announces plans to launch SEF
17 May 2013 - Integral reassures customers with SEF plans in light of CFTC deadline. NDFs available now, other services to follow. Seamless user experience promised for both regulated and unregulated products.
- Compliance conundrums: NICE Actimize on how regulation is changing everything
17 Apr 2013 - Matthew Coupe of NICE Actimize talks about what's driving compliance activity, the discussions his firm has been having with regulators and the impact of a slew of measures that will transform markets.
- Consolidated tape effort wound down, COBA Project says lacks support for plan
20 Mar 2013 - The dream of a European consolidated tape will have to be put on hold again as The COBA Project suspends its operations.
- Ten firms submit Form PF filings with Eze Castle
15 Mar 2013 - ConvergEx Group's Eze Castle Software completes 10 quarterly form PF filings with Regulatory Filings Manager
- CFTC certifies futures contracts for BVMF - Brazil
14 Mar 2013 - CFTC certifies Futures Contracts on the MICEX Index, the Hang Seng Index, the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index, and the BSE Sensitive Index submitted by the Bolsa de Valores, Mercadorias e Futuros (BVMF-Brazil) - Contracts may be offered to U.S. persons through direct access effective March 12, 2013
- Volante offers multi-asset message integration capability
28 Feb 2013 - Volante introduces v-Derivatives programme and OTC-Connect: multi-asset message connectivity and data communication interface
- Imagine Software announces HVRM solution for CFTC regs
22 Feb 2013 - Imagine Software introduces high-volume risk management solution to address new CFTC regulations
- UBS statement on LIBOR settlements
19 Dec 2012 - UBS Board of Directors authorizes settlements of LIBOR-related claims with US and UK authorities; Swiss regulator to issue order
- Cross-border rules could prompt financial firms to sever some relationships, study shows
18 Dec 2012 - A new study shows international financial firms are worried about the threat of cross-border regulation, so much so that they would consider ending some relationships.
- SEC names acting directors
18 Dec 2012 - Lona Nallengara and John Ramsay named as SEC acting directors
- Foresight project sees big implications from technology shifts
23 Oct 2012 - The final report from the British-sponsored project identified a number of key technology trends and outlined the implications from these shifts.
- Editor's note: Automated Trader Q4 edition now online
19 Oct 2012 - The latest edition is now online and it's bigger, bolder and more bodacious than ever... Here's a rundown from Editor Adam Cox on what awaits you.
- Price-based circuit breakers not enough to prevent 'Flash Crash' repeat, study says
18 Oct 2012 - A study by researchers from Cass Business School and the HEC School of Management in Paris said liquidity safety valves are needed in addition to price-based circuit breakers to prevent future events such as the "Flash Crash" of 2010.
- Financial automation set to keep rising, MathWorks survey says
27 Sep 2012 - A survey by MathWorks found 59 percent of sell-side and buy-side respondents were looking to increase their levels of automation.
- Advise Technologies appoints Sean Sullivan President
25 Sep 2012 - Advise Technologies hires ex Eze Castle EVP as President
- Otkritie to consolidate financial services assets
31 Aug 2012 - Otkritie announces plans to become Russia's largest independent and publicly-traded financial group by consolidating up to 100% of the shares in Nomos Bank