Algorithmic Trading News
- CQG and Continuum partner with AlgoFast
April 23rd, 2013 - CQG and Continuum partner with AlgoFast to supply CQG's global market data and trade execution capabilities.
- What does the buy side want? A Goldilocks approach to HFT regulation
April 16th, 2013 - Ari Burstein, senior council for the Investment Company Institute, sums up what member buy side firms want from regulators: a measured approach.
- Gensler and O'Malia - the secret of how they resolve their differences
April 16th, 2013 - The way to regulatory harmony, it would appear, may have something to do with Chinese food.
- Barclays launches automated capital commitment for algo trading
April 15th, 2013 - New feature provides electronic clients with liquidity, improves execution costs on algorithmic orders
- Quantopian & Upgrade Capital announce competition
April 09th, 2013 - Quantopian & Upgrade Capital partner for algo development competition
- Instinet joins IPC's Connexus Financial Extranet
April 03rd, 2013 - IPC's Connexus clients can now access Instinet's full suite of trading tools
- Quantopian's Fetcher applies any dataset to trading algos
April 02nd, 2013 - Combination of any time-series data with price data opens new possibilities for quantitative trading
- Algo-Logic Systems launches 2nd generation Ternary Search Engine solutions for Tabula's ABAX2 P-series of 3PLD
March 27th, 2013 - Algo-Logic and Tabula collaborate to deliver programmable algorithmic search solutions enabling 150 MSPS at 100 Gbps line rate
- FXSpotStream reels in UBS as liquidity provider, now has eight global FX banks
March 27th, 2013 - The Swiss bank giant joined seven other liquidity providers as the new FXSpotStream initiative gained momentum.
- Credit Suisse AES options offered through PrimeTrade
March 27th, 2013 - AES Options single leg tactics for US listed Equity, Index and ETF options now available via PrimeTrade
- GreySpark report finds HFT growth continues despite regulatory initiatives
March 21st, 2013 - GreySpark report part one examines regulatory landscape - concludes that whilst regulators are keen to limit HFT, capital markets players support continued use. HFT often erroneously blamed for market disruption
- FXone gets FIX certified with Knight Hotspot FX
March 18th, 2013 - FXone successfully completes FIX certification with Knight Hotspot FX.
- US regulators reportedly probe 'wash trading', CME working on technology to prevent practice
March 18th, 2013 - The CFTC is reported to be investigating a practice known as 'wash trading' and one of its commissioners has called for mandatory use of wash-blocking technology. CME Group separately says it will implement such a system.
- Australia watchdog finds HFT concerns overstated
March 18th, 2013 - The Australian Securities and Investment Commission found that traders' order-to-trade ratios were below 4:1, versus a market average of 10:1.
- Algo-Logic Systems to demonstrate 2nd Generation TSE Search Engine Cores & TKG Sensor System
March 15th, 2013 - Algo-Logic Systems CEO Dr. John Lockwood to Introduce Gateware Defined Networking® (GDN) including 100 Gbps Search Engine Cores at the Ethernet Summit 2013
- Australian study shows messaging tax hurts liquidity
March 12th, 2013 - A study by the CMCRC looked at top Canadian stocks and found that a messaging tax resulted in lower quote submission, trades and volume as well as worse liquidity.
- KERIUS Finance boosts risk management and hedging advisory services with Numerix Analytics
March 12th, 2013 - KERIUS Finance selects Numerix CrossAsset for industry-standard pricing and risk model library
- Mandatory swap clearing kicks off under Dodd-Frank
March 11th, 2013 - CFTC Chairman Gensler called the introduction of mandatory clearing a "historic" moment for markets and said it would promote competition and broaden access to the market.
- Numerix introduces CrossAsset Server
March 06th, 2013 -Numerix analytics engine provides real-time derivatives valuation, market risk & counterparty risk calculations
- ITG deploys Liquidity Guard for POSIT
March 05th, 2013 - Next generation safeguard improves execution quality
- ConvergEx Group's LiquidPoint launches new multi-leg options algorithms
March 04th, 2013 - New suite of algorithms designed to help traders automate their multi-leg options trading strategies
- ConvergEx rolls out new premarket trading algorithm
February 28th, 2013 - New ConvergEx algo enables liquidity capture outside traditional market hours
- European Commission official defends order-to-trade concept as debate rumbles
February 27th, 2013 - Would an order-to-trade ratio be more appropriately called an ordeal-to-trade ratio? The European Commission does not appear to think so, but many in the market do.
- OptionsCity Freeway powers University of Chicago trading competition
February 26th, 2013 - Freeway software to serve as sole automated trading platform for students in competition
- Imagine Software picked by Asymmetric Asset Management
February 20th, 2013 - Nordic hedge fund Asymmetric chose Imagine after a review of eight providers.
- Numerix Introduces Cheapest-To-Deliver (CTD) collateral analysis tool
February 19th, 2013 - Enhanced curve construction functionality allows users to embed funding cost into trade valuation process
- NBF deploys Orc technology in Canada
February 19th, 2013 - National Bank Financial expands use of Orc technology to provide opportunities in Canadian Markets
- Tanius Technology selects Rapid Addition solutions
February 18th, 2013 - Tanius Technology leverages Rapid Addition's FIX engine and CME feed handler products
- QuantHouse to provide services to Russian broker BCS
February 18th, 2013 - BCS' prime brokerage division selects S&P Capital IQ's QuantHouse operation for advanced trading technologies to hedge fund clients
- Derivatives trader Tim Meggs becomes first Quantopian 'Quant in Residence'
February 16th, 2013 - Quantopian adds former CIBC Markets director to new Quant in Residence program