Kyle Ford, general manager, Desktops, Interactive Data
"As the need for global, anywhere, anytime access continues to grow, Interactive Data will expand the global channels through which traders, brokers and analysts can access FutureSource."
New York - Interactive Data Corporation, the provider of market data solutions to the commodity & energy industry, has announced the release of the new version of FutureSource, its market data management and analytics platform. The web-based desktop platform includes new functionality, expanded data sources, and a customizable display environment intended to enhance its usability and analytical capabilities.
"We have used FutureSource since early 2000," said Charles Fisher, a senior crude oil broker with PVM Futures. "The next generation of FutureSource provides the advanced functionality and work flow customization that enables me to conduct business at the highest level. Having FutureSource at my disposal 24/7 and being able to log in from anywhere in the world helps me to better service my clients."
"The release of the next generation of FutureSource is a major platform milestone for our organization," said Kyle Ford, General Manager, Desktops, Interactive Data. "Interactive Data continues to make significant investments designed to enhance our customers' user experience, and provide tools and information that support better informed trading decisions. As the need for global, anywhere, anytime access continues to grow, Interactive Data will expand the global channels through which traders, brokers and analysts can access FutureSource."
The next generation of FutureSource provides:
- New flexible and customizable presentation of relevant information
- Improved and simplified workflow
- Expanded technical analysis
- Integrated Excel-like analytics grid
- Trade integration with FutureSource Trader (additional application required)
- Enhanced multi-monitor experience
- Automatic print capability
- Enhanced, user definable chart expressions with presentation overlays
- Flash quotes
- Content sets including:
- OPIS Rack Prices
- Argus Media
- Informa Agra global cash market grain data
- Broker data from key sources including: ICAP and GFI
- CBOE and OneChicago futures spreads
- Inter-exchange futures spreads available from Chicago Board of Trade and Minneapolis Grain Exchange
FutureSource 4.0 desktop application requires no software download and minimal bandwidth to operate. All symbol lists, settings and workspaces are saved in the Interactive Data private cloud, so users always have access to the latest version of the service. The FutureSource Mobile App version is also available via download on the iPad, most smartphones and wireless PDAs (including BlackBerry and iPhone), to complement the desktop application, and requires no additional exchange fees.