Plato Partnership, a not-for-profit company formed to bring creative solutions and efficiencies to the equity marketplace, has announced 15 new Plato Partners.
The new Partners include: BBVA Asset Management, Capital International, part of the Capital Group, Commerzbank AG, Instinet Europe, Jefferies, Legal & General Investment Management, Macquarie Group, RBC Capital Markets, Rosenblatt Securities, Standard Life Investments, T. Rowe Price.
Plato Partnership is driven by a collaborative approach from both buy side and sell side firms who want to have a positive impact on market structure and efficiency.
Mike Bellaro, Plato Co-Chair and Global Head of Equity Trading, Deutsche Asset Management, said: "When we set out on the Plato Partnership journey our central objective was to create a collaborative and inclusive group through which we were able to address the biggest issues facing today's equity trading marketplace. We now have the representation and the financial resources to fund significant initiatives that will have a tangible impact on the marketplace. One initiative being considered currently is IOIs, an increasingly important issue for market participants, and we expect to provide insight and output on this in the coming
As Plato Partners, all 15 firms will be closely involved inputting to Plato's core groups:
- Plato Lab: Part of MI3, Plato's research incubator, this Plato Partners focus group will discuss and promote research topics of interest for consideration.
- Incubation Lab: Part of PSIG (Plato Strategic Initiatives Group), this Plato Partners focus group will discuss and promote potential change of market structure topics for consideration.
- Senior Advisory Group: part of TPEG (Turquoise Plato Expert Group), this Plato Partners focus group enables non-founding members provide views, thoughts and ideas to TPEG.
This participation will drive future direction of Plato in its mission to deliver solutions to some of the biggest challenges facing the market. The opportunity for Plato Partners is to:
- Have significant influence in shaping equities market structure developments in Europe.
- Broaden market structure knowledge through collaboration and insights regarding issues, references and ideas on a diverse range of topics.
- Build stronger industry relationships and extend networks with significant buy and sell side industry participants and industry service providers.
- Gain first mover advantage in utilising Plato delivered capabilities.