PJ Di Giammarino, JWG-IT Group
The International Standards Organisation (ISO) Financial Services Committee (TC/68) has announced its new global committee, The FinTech Technical Advisory Group (TAG).
The group is establishing a proactive dialogue with financial institutions, their regulators, supply chain and FinTech companies. The group will act as an advisory sounding board providing a platform for a dialogue on the growing need for data and technology standards, required for secure global commerce. The FinTech TAG's Objectives are to:
- Work with FinTech communities, including public sector bodies, and ISO to fill gaps and educate;
- Promote the adoption and implementation of consistent standards, where possible;
- Effectively address common issues collectively and consistently; and
- Encourage strong and open communication and the sharing of information concerning financial services standards.
New committee members are selected based on their expertise in emerging FinTech innovations and their extensive knowledge of global regulatory standards. The confirmed FinTech TAG leadership team is:
- Stephan Wolf, Co-Chair, CEO of the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation
- Nick Cliff, Co-Chair Head of emerging technology, APCA
- PJ Di Giammarino, Secretary, CEO JWG-IT Group.
PJ Di Giammarino said: "At this important juncture where public and private sectors realise the importance of common standards for business as well as regulation, I'm delighted to be able to support this global initiative of top experts."