CQG joins FIX Protocol
First Published 22nd May 2012
CQG and Continuum support industry development with FIX Protocol membership
Denver & Colorado - CQG together with its Continuum division has become a member of FIX Protocol Limited (FPL). As a member of FPL, CQG and Continuum hope to expand their influence within the FIX community and strengthen the Continuum platform.
The FIX Protocol is widely used by buy-side and sell-side firms as well as software vendors and exchanges. Among its many attributes, FIX Protocol offers:
- an open, industry-driven standard;
- vendor neutrality; and
- transactional transparency.
Continuum uses the FIX Protocol to supply its firms with access to market data and trade execution through scalable, enterprise-level API products. These FIX-based solutions include:
- FIX Connect: FIX 4.2-compatible API, which powers low-latency trade execution through CQG's network of Hosted Exchange Gateways
- Quotes Direct: API that offers a single connection point for access to unconsolidated market data from multiple exchanges worldwide
- Messenger Direct (coming soon): A low-latency FIX interface that utilizes CQG's exchange co-located infrastructure to achieve sub-millisecond latency and provide access to futures, options, and fixed income venues
On CQG's FPL membership, Continuum Vice President Mike Glista said, "Our partner firms expect consistent and reliable performance. By putting our support behind FPL, we commit to backing these standards of quality in the industry-at-large and in the products we deliver."