Industry Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- FINRA to release Tick-Size Pilot Program stock list today
6th September 2016 - Making markets better, one nickel at a time?
- Goldman Sachs tries to automate oddlot trades in US investment grade corporate bonds
1st September 2016 -
- Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to Alternative Investment Centre
9th June 2016 - BNY Mellon's Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to its Alternative Investment Centre.
- Austrian Finance Minister: Plans for European FTT may be cancelled
3rd June 2016 - A European financial transaction tax may not be implemented after all, if more and more EU member states drop out of negotiations.
- Russia's Sberbank implements electronic trading platform
19th May 2016 - The corporate and investment banking business of Russian institution Sberbank, Sberbank CIB, has launched an electronic trading platform.
- ESMA's Maijoor: No need for new asset management rules (yet)
19th May 2016 - ESMA chairman Steven Maijoor rejects central bankers' calls for new liquidity management rules for asset managers.
- Digital transformation reshaping wholesale investment banking models
4th April 2016 - A new report from GreySpark Partners, the capital markets consulting firm, explores the digital transformation that the wholesale investment banking business model is facing, and which resembles a real industrial revolution for the sector.
- CFOs are becoming data scientists - Tagetik
12th September 2015 - With business information mushrooming into petabytes and chief financial officers increasingly called on to deliver deeper insights, big data is something the finance function can't afford to ignore, writes Tagetik's Alice Allegrini.
- Volante Technologies signs strategic partnership with Access to Arabia
8th June 2015 - Partnership to address the migration of Jordanian payments to new ISO 20022-based message standards.
- FIA coordinates industry preparations for leap second event
19th May 2015 - On Tuesday, June 30, an additional 'leap second' will be added to realign Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) with mean solar time.
- SEC names OCIE acting director
10th April 2015 - SEC names Marc Wyatt as acting director of the Office Of Compliance Inspections and Examinations.
- FIA Conference, Boca Raton - FIA inducts 13 individuals to Hall of Fame
11th March 2015 - 13 new members join 117 other honorees in the FIA Futures Hall of Fame.
- KOR Group forms Quantitative Advisory Board
11th February 2015 - KOR Group's QAB to help answer difficult questions around best execution. Board to be comprised of academics, buy- and sell-side professionals and financial services industry thought leaders.
- FIA Expo 2014: Opening remarks from Chairman Timothy G. Massad
5th November 2014 - Remarks of Chairman Timothy G. Massad before the Futures Industry Association Expo 2014.
- FIA's seventh SEF Tracker released
28th October 2014 - Trading volumes now available from January to September.
- SEC charges former CEO of ConvergEx subsidiary
8th August 2014 - Anthony G. Blumberg charged with deceiving customers about trading fees. Four former employees of ConvergEx have now been charged in connection with securities fraud scheme.
- SIFMA releases excerpts from equity market structure roundtable discussion
29th July 2014 - SIFMA President and CEO Kenneth E. Bentsen participates in equity market structure reform roundtable.
- FIA elects new Chairman and two new board members
21st July 2014 - Gerald Corcoran replaces Michael Yarian as FIA chairman, Jan Bart de Boer and Raymond Kahn elected as board members.
- FIA introduces SEF Tracker
8th April 2014 - FIA launches SEF Tracker to measure swap trading activity.
- Integral announces plans to launch SEF
17th May 2013 - Integral reassures customers with SEF plans in light of CFTC deadline. NDFs available now, other services to follow. Seamless user experience promised for both regulated and unregulated products.
- Compliance conundrums: NICE Actimize on how regulation is changing everything
17th April 2013 - Matthew Coupe of NICE Actimize talks about what's driving compliance activity, the discussions his firm has been having with regulators and the impact of a slew of measures that will transform markets.
- In the worx: What Manoj Narang thinks about regulation, Europe, volatility and a lot more
8th April 2013 - Manoj Narang wears a lot of hats. He's a technologist who built a low-latency platform and developed a monitoring system for the US SEC. He's an executive who runs a hedge fund and an HFT group. And he's an outspoken champion of data-driven decision-making. So why is he promoting ideas that could hurt his business?
- Consolidated tape effort wound down, COBA Project says lacks support for plan
20th March 2013 - The dream of a European consolidated tape will have to be put on hold again as The COBA Project suspends its operations.
- Ten firms submit Form PF filings with Eze Castle
15th March 2013 - ConvergEx Group's Eze Castle Software completes 10 quarterly form PF filings with Regulatory Filings Manager
- CFTC certifies futures contracts for BVMF - Brazil
14th March 2013 - CFTC certifies Futures Contracts on the MICEX Index, the Hang Seng Index, the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index, and the BSE Sensitive Index submitted by the Bolsa de Valores, Mercadorias e Futuros (BVMF-Brazil) - Contracts may be offered to U.S. persons through direct access effective March 12, 2013
- Volante offers multi-asset message integration capability
28th February 2013 - Volante introduces v-Derivatives programme and OTC-Connect: multi-asset message connectivity and data communication interface
- Imagine Software announces HVRM solution for CFTC regs
22nd February 2013 - Imagine Software introduces high-volume risk management solution to address new CFTC regulations