Banks Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Old habits die hard as Deutsche Bank fined by Fed for manipulating FX markets via chatrooms
27th April 2017 - Shortly before the Easter weekend, the Federal Reserve announced that it was fining Deutsche Bank 157 million USD for "unsafe and unsound practices" and for a "failure to maintain an adequate Volcker rule compliance program".
- Banks join SWIFT's blockchain proof of concept trials
25th April 2017 - SWIFT's proof of concept will determine if distributed ledger technology can help banks reconcile their nostro accounts in real time.
- Deutsche Bank to pay 156.6 million USD for FX & compliance failures
21st April 2017 - Federal Reserve announces two enforcement actions against Deutsche Bank that will require bank to pay a combined $156.6 million in civil money penalties.
- Deutsche Bank announces Global Markets Americas hires
13th April 2017 - Deutsche Bank hires Lori Arndt, Christopher McCarthy, and Ronnie Shah for Global Markets Americas.
- Euroclear & Paxos complete second pilot for bullion blockchain settlement
10th April 2017 - Euroclear Bankchain service processes 100,000 gold settlements
- NRI's new robotic process automation technology automates post-trade ops
6th April 2017 - Nomura Research Institute announces Japan's first utility service for investment banks to adopt UiPath technology.
- MUFG joins Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group
3rd April 2017 - MUFG's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi is the first Japanese bank to join GPSG.
- Santander risk chief to join MarketInvoice
3rd April 2017 - MarketInvoice appoints Santander's Shaun Alexander as Head of Risk.
- BCS Global Markets appoints co-CEOs for London
28th March 2017 - Tim Bevan and Bradley Duke named co-Chief Executives for BCS Prime Brokerage (BCS UK).
- Deutsche Bank opens innovation lab in New York
22nd March 2017 - Deutsche Bank has opened an innovation lab in New York City, its fourth globally.
- Niu Solutions partners with the BBA
9th March 2017 - Niu Solutions partners with the British Banking Association to help UK banks address compliance challenges.
- Saxo Payments launches Banking Circle Virtual IBAN
15th February 2017 - Saxo Payments launches multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional banking solution for FX & payments businesses.
- Cinnober appoints Citi's Patrick Tessier as COO
14th February 2017 - Cinnober forms management team for new subsidiary, Patrick Tessier joins as COO.
- Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group join blockchain startup
3rd February 2017 - Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group have joined The Chamber of Digital Commerce, the trade association representing the digital asset and blockchain industry.
- Bank of England survey of FX turnover in the UK shows little change in overall volumes
26th January 2017 -
- BNP Paribas and Calypso form post trade partnership
18th January 2017 - BNP Paribas Securities Services and Calypso Technology partner to offer clients integrated post-trade processing.
- SWIFT explores blockchain as part of global payments innovation initiative
13th January 2017 - Proof of Concept launched to determine if distributed ledger technology could help banks reconcile their nostro databases in real time.
- RSRCHXchange asset management survey reveals decline in bank research spend ahead of MiFID II
12th January 2017 - Poll of 234 asset managers reveals that only 13% expect to continue to pay for research from all leading investment banks.
- Basel III reforms meeting postponed
3rd January 2017 - Basel Committee on Banking Supervision says more time needed to finalise reforms.
- BNP Paribas names Group Head for Germany
3rd January 2017 - BNP Paribas appoints Lutz Diederichs to become BNP Paribas' Group Head for Germany in March.
- Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank settle with DOJ over RMBS
23rd December 2016 - Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank agree $12 billion settlement In principle with U.S. Department of Justice regarding legacy residential mortgage-backed securities.
- AFME publishes new post trade due diligence questionnaire
8th December 2016 - AFME seeks to harmonise Post Trade network selection process with new standardised due diligence questionnaire.
- Credit Agricole, HSBC and JPMorgan Chase fined EUR 485 million for Euribor fixing
7th December 2016 - European Commission fines Crédit Agricole, HSBC and JPMorgan Chase € 485 million for euro interest rate derivatives cartel.
- GoldenSource launches FRTB solution
6th December 2016 - GoldenSource addresses mounting market risk pressures for banks with FRTB solution.
- Second Greek broker goes live with Horizon
30th November 2016 - Eurobank Equities is second broker in Greece to go live with Horizon.
- Account details of Liechtenstein bank customers hacked
29th November 2016 - Hackers crack Liechtenstein based Valartis Bank, threaten release of account details unless bitcoin ransom paid.
- Dinosaur Merchant Bank deploys Ancoa surveillance to meet MAR
22nd November 2016 - Ancoa to provide Dinosaur Merchant Bank with surveillance platform to meet MAR requirements.
- ICBC Singapore adopts Thomson Reuters Electronic Trading
21st November 2016 - Industrial and Commercial Bank of China strengthens foreign exchange market presence with Thomson Reuters FX e-commerce solution.
- Nomura launches robo advisor in Japan
14th November 2016 - 'Nomura Goal-Based' robo advisor to promote shift from savings to asset accumulation.