Banks Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- SWIFT explores blockchain as part of global payments innovation initiative
13th January 2017 - Proof of Concept launched to determine if distributed ledger technology could help banks reconcile their nostro databases in real time.
- RSRCHXchange asset management survey reveals decline in bank research spend ahead of MiFID II
12th January 2017 - Poll of 234 asset managers reveals that only 13% expect to continue to pay for research from all leading investment banks.
- Basel III reforms meeting postponed
3rd January 2017 - Basel Committee on Banking Supervision says more time needed to finalise reforms.
- BNP Paribas names Group Head for Germany
3rd January 2017 - BNP Paribas appoints Lutz Diederichs to become BNP Paribas' Group Head for Germany in March.
- Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank settle with DOJ over RMBS
23rd December 2016 - Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank agree $12 billion settlement In principle with U.S. Department of Justice regarding legacy residential mortgage-backed securities.
- AFME publishes new post trade due diligence questionnaire
8th December 2016 - AFME seeks to harmonise Post Trade network selection process with new standardised due diligence questionnaire.
- Credit Agricole, HSBC and JPMorgan Chase fined EUR 485 million for Euribor fixing
7th December 2016 - European Commission fines Crédit Agricole, HSBC and JPMorgan Chase € 485 million for euro interest rate derivatives cartel.
- GoldenSource launches FRTB solution
6th December 2016 - GoldenSource addresses mounting market risk pressures for banks with FRTB solution.
- Second Greek broker goes live with Horizon
30th November 2016 - Eurobank Equities is second broker in Greece to go live with Horizon.
- Account details of Liechtenstein bank customers hacked
29th November 2016 - Hackers crack Liechtenstein based Valartis Bank, threaten release of account details unless bitcoin ransom paid.
- Dinosaur Merchant Bank deploys Ancoa surveillance to meet MAR
22nd November 2016 - Ancoa to provide Dinosaur Merchant Bank with surveillance platform to meet MAR requirements.
- ICBC Singapore adopts Thomson Reuters Electronic Trading
21st November 2016 - Industrial and Commercial Bank of China strengthens foreign exchange market presence with Thomson Reuters FX e-commerce solution.
- Nomura launches robo advisor in Japan
14th November 2016 - 'Nomura Goal-Based' robo advisor to promote shift from savings to asset accumulation.
- Citi launches API Developer Hub
11th November 2016 - Citi to enable open banking with API Developer Hub.
- Saxo returns margin requirements to default following US election with the exception of GBP
10th November 2016 - With the immediate market risk of the US Elections having passed, Saxo has announced that it will be returning margin levels to normal levels, with the exception of GBP pairs.
- R3 develops proof-of-concept for shared KYC service with ten banks
10th November 2016 - R3 and ten major banks have developed a proof-of-concept for a KYC registry that addresses Know Your Customer requirements and allows identities to be managed by their owners.
- Cinnober expands investment in client clearing
9th November 2016 - Cinnober expands investment in real-time clearing for banks, operations to be established in separate company.
- SEB partners with US blockchain firm Ripple
7th November 2016 - SEB offers new payment solution with blockchain technology.
- Deutsche Bank opens its data store to external software developers
1st November 2016 - From 1 November, programmers will be able to test ideas for future services with simulated, but client-driven data.
- R3 trials interbank cross-border payments with Ripple's digital asset XRP
20th October 2016 - Trial with twelve banks shows promise of blockchain-inspired alternative to correspondent banking.
- Saxo Bank appoints Ashok Kalyanswamy as Chief Information Officer
17th October 2016 - Ashok Kalyanswamy appointed Chief Information Officer and a member of Saxo Bank's Executive Team. The appointment follows Ashley Latham's decision to step down as CIO.
- SEC: Deutsche Bank failed to properly safeguard research information
13th October 2016 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced that Deutsche Bank Securities has agreed to pay a $9.5 million penalty for failing to properly safeguard material nonpublic information generated by its research analysts.
- SIX: Banks experiment with blockchain but widespread adoption at least six years away
12th October 2016 - New research from SIX Securities Services reveals that over three quarters of financial organisations are experimenting with blockchain though many fear there is 'no real solution yet'
- Dion launches instant payment solution for banks
12th October 2016 - Dion Global Solutions has announced the launch of its Real Time Payment Engine (RTPE) solution.
- SWIFT - New ways for banks to simplify payment routing data
28th September 2016 - New paper outlines opportunities to rationalise BICs and centralise the internal routing of payments.
- GFT joins Google Cloud Platform to drive blockchain testing
26th September 2016 - Collaboration enables banking clients to simulate real-world distributed ledger models within a distributed and scalable test environment.
- Banks pessimistic over UK post-Brexit rights on euro derivatives clearing
22nd September 2016 - Executives at global investment banks in London predict Brexit will eventually cost the City the right to clear euro-denominated swaps, currently valued at 570 billion USD.
- SGX and ICBC sign MOU
19th September 2016 - Singapore Exchange and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China partner to enhance capital market links between Singapore and China.
- Banca Akros selects Itiviti for FIX testing and onboarding
14th September 2016 - Banca Akros to build simulated market test environment using Itiviti's VeriFIX testing, MagniFIX monitoring, and MetriFIX measurement products.
- BCS Global Markets hires five senior staff
15th August 2016 - BCS Global Markets, the Moscow Exchange securities broker, has announced five senior hires in its investment banking services team.