Banks Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- BNP Paribas and EY explore private blockchain
17th October 2017 - BNP Paribas ALM Treasury and EY pilot demonstrates the feasibility of using blockchain to optimize the global internal treasury operations of the bank
- Bluecrest LIBOR suit dismissed
28th September 2017 - Former hedge fund was accused of helping to manipulate LIBOR
- Saxo Bank to partner with Banca Generali
22nd September 2017 - Banca Generali and Saxo Bank to form an exclusive partnership for access to trading on global markets
- Former UBS gold trader charged with spoofing
21st September 2017 - The US Department of Justice has charged Andre Flotron for spoofing gold futures
- Saxo Bank joins Copenhagen Fintech
13th September 2017 - Saxo Bank sponsorship of Copenhagen Fintech Lab to connect and foster relationships with Fintech startups
- Japanese trust banks adopt DTCC's Omgeo ALERT
29th August 2017 - SSI Utility addresses risk and operational costs associated with trade failures
- Bank ABC joins R3 blockchain consortium
14th August 2017 - Bahrain based Bank ABC becomes the first MENA financial institution to join financial infrastructure consortium R3
- Eleven banks develop trade finance app on R3's Corda DLT platform
7th August 2017 - App holds potential to improve trade flows, particularly for SMEs in developing economies
- Rabobank and TD Securities join Neptune
1st August 2017 - Rabobank and TD Securities become 23rd and 24th dealers on Neptune Fixed Income network
- Citi hires former Deutsche boss to head futures, clearing and collateral team
31st July 2017 - Citi has hired Sabrina Wilson as global head of electronic and algorithmic trading and regional head for EMEA of futures, clearing and collateral
- Pragma introduces algorithmic triangulation for cross pair FX trading on Pragma360
28th July 2017 - Pragma360's algorithmic suite provides better execution when trading illiquid currency pairs.
- Sterling LIBOR to be replaced by 2021
27th July 2017 -
- BNY Mellon appoints ex-Visa head Charles Scharf as CEO
18th July 2017 - Charles W. Scharf appointed CEO and a director of BNY Mellon effective immediately; to become Chairman on 1/1/18.
- Seven major European banks select IBM to build blockchain for SMEs
27th June 2017 - Deutsche Bank, HSBC, KBC, Natixis, Rabobank, Societe Generale and Unicredit select IBM Blockchain running Hyperledger Fabric for Digital Trade Chain.
- Vontobel choses Clearstream as partner for hedge funds business
27th June 2017 - Clearstream to streamline Bank Vontobel's third-party hedge fund trading and custody business.
- Nomura applies for EU license
27th June 2017 - Nomura preps for Brexit with application to operate a new entity based in Frankfurt.
- SocGen combines high touch and electronic execution services
26th June 2017 - Bank's high-touch cash equity team joins the Global Execution Services team within Societe Generale Prime Services.
- Ex-Barclays John Varley steps down from BlackRock board
21st June 2017 - Former Barclays director, currently facing charges by the UK's Serious Fraud Office, resigns from BlackRock board of directors.
- Rabobank selects Finastra payment services hub for cross-border payments
21st June 2017 - Rabobank has selected Finastra's global payment services hub to centralize cross-border payments.
- SFO charges Barclays in 2008 Qatar capital raising case
20th June 2017 - Serious Fraud Office charges four senior Barclays executives with conspiracy to commit fraud during the 2008 financial crisis.
- Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking completes execution services integration
20th June 2017 -
- Saxo Bank signs up to the FX Global Code of Conduct
15th June 2017 - Initiative to strengthen the integrity of the FX market and bolsters it's commitment with the introduction of Enhanced Disclosure.
- IDB Bank implements Linedata Capitalstream platform
24th May 2017 - Discount Bank of New York deploys Linedata Capitalstream solution.
- SEB takes part ownership in blockchain company R3
24th May 2017 - SEB takes part ownership and becomes the biggest Nordic investor in newly formed blockchain company R3.
- Nasdaq and Citi announce blockchain and global banking integration
23rd May 2017 - Nasdaq and Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions announce new integrated payment solution that enables straight through payment processing and automates reconciliation by using a distributed ledger to record and transmit payment instructions.
- Saxo Bank releases new developer portal for Open API
23rd May 2017 - Saxo Bank releases new developer portal to strengthen its Open Banking initiatives.
- EBA consults on cloud computing guidance
19th May 2017 - The European Banking Authority has launched a consultation setting out its guidance for the use of cloud service providers by financial institutions.
- UBS AM hires Suni Harford as Head of Investments
16th May 2017 - Suni Harford joins UBS Asset Management from Citigroup.
- Misys unveils retail banking cloud platform for German market
11th May 2017 - Move is the first of several planned localised roll outs on Misys FinCloud.
- Barclays to pay 97 million USD for overcharging clients
11th May 2017 - Barclays agrees to settle three sets of violations that resulted in clients being overbilled by nearly $50 million.