Banks Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Ex-Barclays John Varley steps down from BlackRock board
21st June 2017 - Former Barclays director, currently facing charges by the UK's Serious Fraud Office, resigns from BlackRock board of directors.
- Rabobank selects Finastra payment services hub for cross-border payments
21st June 2017 - Rabobank has selected Finastra's global payment services hub to centralize cross-border payments.
- SFO charges Barclays in 2008 Qatar capital raising case
20th June 2017 - Serious Fraud Office charges four senior Barclays executives with conspiracy to commit fraud during the 2008 financial crisis.
- Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking completes execution services integration
20th June 2017 -
- Saxo Bank signs up to the FX Global Code of Conduct
15th June 2017 - Initiative to strengthen the integrity of the FX market and bolsters it's commitment with the introduction of Enhanced Disclosure.
- IDB Bank implements Linedata Capitalstream platform
24th May 2017 - Discount Bank of New York deploys Linedata Capitalstream solution.
- SEB takes part ownership in blockchain company R3
24th May 2017 - SEB takes part ownership and becomes the biggest Nordic investor in newly formed blockchain company R3.
- Nasdaq and Citi announce blockchain and global banking integration
23rd May 2017 - Nasdaq and Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions announce new integrated payment solution that enables straight through payment processing and automates reconciliation by using a distributed ledger to record and transmit payment instructions.
- Saxo Bank releases new developer portal for Open API
23rd May 2017 - Saxo Bank releases new developer portal to strengthen its Open Banking initiatives.
- EBA consults on cloud computing guidance
19th May 2017 - The European Banking Authority has launched a consultation setting out its guidance for the use of cloud service providers by financial institutions.
- UBS AM hires Suni Harford as Head of Investments
16th May 2017 - Suni Harford joins UBS Asset Management from Citigroup.
- Misys unveils retail banking cloud platform for German market
11th May 2017 - Move is the first of several planned localised roll outs on Misys FinCloud.
- Barclays to pay 97 million USD for overcharging clients
11th May 2017 - Barclays agrees to settle three sets of violations that resulted in clients being overbilled by nearly $50 million.
- Danske Bank Asset Management adopts Bloomberg's liquidity assessment tool
10th May 2017 - Bloomberg LQA supports Danske Bank's investment philosophy and risk management process.
- DoJ subpoenaes banks over manipulation of 'when-issued' Treasuries
3rd May 2017 - The US Department of Justice has reportedly subpoenaed four banks - UBS, BNP Paribas, RBS and Morgan Stanley - over manipulation of 'when-issued' US Treasuries.
- Old habits die hard as Deutsche Bank fined by Fed for manipulating FX markets via chatrooms
27th April 2017 - Shortly before the Easter weekend, the Federal Reserve announced that it was fining Deutsche Bank 157 million USD for "unsafe and unsound practices" and for a "failure to maintain an adequate Volcker rule compliance program".
- Banks join SWIFT's blockchain proof of concept trials
25th April 2017 - SWIFT's proof of concept will determine if distributed ledger technology can help banks reconcile their nostro accounts in real time.
- Deutsche Bank to pay 156.6 million USD for FX & compliance failures
21st April 2017 - Federal Reserve announces two enforcement actions against Deutsche Bank that will require bank to pay a combined $156.6 million in civil money penalties.
- Deutsche Bank announces Global Markets Americas hires
13th April 2017 - Deutsche Bank hires Lori Arndt, Christopher McCarthy, and Ronnie Shah for Global Markets Americas.
- Euroclear & Paxos complete second pilot for bullion blockchain settlement
10th April 2017 - Euroclear Bankchain service processes 100,000 gold settlements
- NRI's new robotic process automation technology automates post-trade ops
6th April 2017 - Nomura Research Institute announces Japan's first utility service for investment banks to adopt UiPath technology.
- MUFG joins Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group
3rd April 2017 - MUFG's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi is the first Japanese bank to join GPSG.
- Santander risk chief to join MarketInvoice
3rd April 2017 - MarketInvoice appoints Santander's Shaun Alexander as Head of Risk.
- BCS Global Markets appoints co-CEOs for London
28th March 2017 - Tim Bevan and Bradley Duke named co-Chief Executives for BCS Prime Brokerage (BCS UK).
- Deutsche Bank opens innovation lab in New York
22nd March 2017 - Deutsche Bank has opened an innovation lab in New York City, its fourth globally.
- Niu Solutions partners with the BBA
9th March 2017 - Niu Solutions partners with the British Banking Association to help UK banks address compliance challenges.
- Saxo Payments launches Banking Circle Virtual IBAN
15th February 2017 - Saxo Payments launches multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional banking solution for FX & payments businesses.
- Cinnober appoints Citi's Patrick Tessier as COO
14th February 2017 - Cinnober forms management team for new subsidiary, Patrick Tessier joins as COO.
- Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group join blockchain startup
3rd February 2017 - Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group have joined The Chamber of Digital Commerce, the trade association representing the digital asset and blockchain industry.