Brokerages Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- BCS Global Markets hires Andrey Yumatov
14th June 2017 - Andrey Yumatov appointed to the newly created role of Chief Business Officer, Capital Markets and Investment Banking, Russia and CIS.
- ITG adds two to US trading team
16th May 2017 - ITG recruits John Emmert and Sean O'Meara to US trading team.
- SEC forging ahead with proposal on experimentally lowering access fee caps
27th April 2017 - Lower for longer?
- ITG to offer conditional orders for POSIT Alert in Europe
25th April 2017 - Conditional orders to be rolled out for POSIT Alert in EMEA during the second quarter of 2017.
- Sucden selects BSO for London/Hong Kong connectivity
4th April 2017 - Sucden Financial picks BSO for global network connectivity into Hong Kong.
- ITG names two new Managing Directors
4th April 2017 - ITG promotes Kiri Pettigrew and Bryan Blake to managing director positions.
- BTIG appoints Filip Skala and John Curley to executive roles
17th March 2017 - BTIG expands Transition Management and Global Portfolio and ETF Trading Group with appointment of Filip Skala and John Curley.
- BTIG Fixed Income Credit Group adds Michael Stewart and Michael Di Felice
15th March 2017 -
- Interactive Brokers to discontinue options market making business
9th March 2017 - Interactive Brokers phasing out options market making, will focus on building brokerage platform.
- Broadridge acquires Message Automation
9th March 2017 - Acquisition extends Broadridge's regulatory and compliance capabilities for capital markets firms and investment managers.
- Convergex releases 'Take Your Trump-erature' survey results
8th March 2017 - Survey finds almost 74% of respondents think President Trump will have a positive impact on the financial markets while only 40% approve of the job Trump is doing thus far.
- Dan Watkins to head BNY Mellon Markets team in EMEA
8th March 2017 - Dan Watkins replaces Richard Gill who is retiring after 20 years of service.
- John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones join BTIG's Fixed Income Credit Group
28th February 2017 - BTIG strengthens Fixed Income Credit Group with John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones.
- ITG launches turnkey Research Payment Account solution
27th February 2017 - Enhanced Research Payment Account provides funding and payment flexibility to adapt to MiFID II rules.
- Tullett Prebon Information & Murex sign partnership agreement
22nd February 2017 - Collaboration grants Murex and its clients access to TPI's OTC data.
- R.J. O'Brien Limited selects BSO for connectivity
22nd February 2017 - R.J. O'Brien Limited has selected BSO's 10G low-latency network ring for its core global connectivity.
- BTIG adds three to Fixed Income Credit Group
7th February 2017 - BTIG expands Fixed Income Credit Group with Darren Haines, George Brickfield and Michael Miele.
- FIS powers Mirae Asset Securities' entrance into US financial markets
6th February 2017 - Mirae Asset Securities selects FIS as its technology partner to launch prime brokerage, global securities lending, repo, delta one and correspondent clearing businesses in the United States.
- ITG launches POSIT & POSIT Alert for Thailand
25th January 2017 - ITG expands block crossing network to 37 countries worldwide.
- IS Prime buys Think Liquidity
25th January 2017 - IS Prime Risk Services acquires Think Liquidity assets.
- Tullett Prebon & SGX to launch spot pricing index for Dubai, Kuwait and India
23rd January 2017 - Tullett Prebon and Singapore Exchange to launch LNG spot index for the Dubai, Kuwait and India region.
- TP ICAP appoints Iain Plunkett as COO
20th January 2017 - Iain Plunkett to join TP ICAP as Chief Operating Officer in Q2 2017.
- BTIG appoints Director of Fixed Income Credit
19th January 2017 - BTIG expands Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Group with Michael Carley, Jr.
- BNY Mellon appoints Jeff McCarthy as CEO, ETFs
16th January 2017 - BNY Mellon names former NASDAQ exec Jeff McCarthy as Chief Executive Officer, Exchange Traded Funds.
- NEX Data and Tradition agree distribution partnership
12th January 2017 - NEX Data to be a distributor for Tradition's market data and information services division, TraditionDATA.
- Arran Rowsell joins BGC Partners
10th January 2017 - BGC Partners appoints Arran Rowsell to strengthen London credit team.
- BGC Partners to acquire Besso Insurance Group
4th January 2017 - BGC Partners to make strategic investment in Lloyd's of London insurance broker.
- Order Flow Analytics tools now available on Tradovate's cloud-based platform
3rd January 2017 - Tradovate integrates OFA's analytical and algorithmic trading tools into its cloud-based platform.
- Luminex offers access via ITG's Triton Blotter
30th December 2016 - Blotter integration improves access to Luminex Trading & Analytics' deep liquidity pool.
- ThinkMarkets launches EA Buyback campaign
14th December 2016 - ThinkTrader's EA Buyback initiative enables shift to manual trading.