Brokerages Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- R.J. O'Brien hires veteran UK institutional brokerage team
13th December 2017 - Global macro fixed income specialists Marnane and Tesi join R.J. O'Brien in London
- BGC Partners launches Newmark Group IPO roadshow
5th December 2017 -
- TP ICAP acquires Coex Partners
30th November 2017 - TP ICAP acquires Coex Partners, the provider of trade advisory and execution services in listed derivatives and OTC foreign exchange
- Cresco receives FCA license for London operations
21st November 2017 - Financial Conduct Authority licenses Cresco Capital Markets to expand UK- based business
- BTIG adds David Hobert to Foreign Exchange trading team
14th November 2017 -
- Tullet Prebon suffers network outage
10th November 2017 -
- TP ICAP appoints Eric Sinclair as CEO, Data & Analytics Division
2nd November 2017 - Eric Sinclair to join TP ICAP on 13 November following Frank Desmond's decision to leave the company after 12 years of service
- Shawn McLoughlin appointed CEO of BGC Financial, Americas
25th September 2017 -
- BCS BrokerCreditService upgraded to S&P GR 'B+' status
19th September 2017 - BCS Global Markets' BrokerCreditService (Cyprus) and BCS Structured Products have been upgraded by S&P Global Ratings as a result of improved funding and stable outlook
- Broadridge appoints Bob Santangelo President of International Sales
14th September 2017 -
- Interactive Brokers UK to join TASE
11th September 2017 - Interactive Brokers plans to join the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange as a remote member
- ITG to launch POSIT Auction in EMEA
6th September 2017 - New lit segment in POSIT MTF to offer alternative liquidity source under MiFID II
- BTIG appoints Corey Popham as Head of U.S. Cash Equities
31st July 2017 -
- ITG launches fixed income TCA platform
17th July 2017 - New tool helps traders improve performance and demonstrate best execution.
- ITG recruits Michael Onofrio to US client coverage team
5th July 2017 - Michael Onofrio joined ITG this week as a Director on the U.S. Electronic coverage team, based in New York.
- TP ICAP announces changes to senior management team
30th June 2017 - TP ICAP shuffles senior management team, David Casterton appointed Vice Chairman of ICAP.
- BCS Global Markets hires Andrey Yumatov
14th June 2017 - Andrey Yumatov appointed to the newly created role of Chief Business Officer, Capital Markets and Investment Banking, Russia and CIS.
- ITG adds two to US trading team
16th May 2017 - ITG recruits John Emmert and Sean O'Meara to US trading team.
- SEC forging ahead with proposal on experimentally lowering access fee caps
27th April 2017 - Lower for longer?
- ITG to offer conditional orders for POSIT Alert in Europe
25th April 2017 - Conditional orders to be rolled out for POSIT Alert in EMEA during the second quarter of 2017.
- Sucden selects BSO for London/Hong Kong connectivity
4th April 2017 - Sucden Financial picks BSO for global network connectivity into Hong Kong.
- ITG names two new Managing Directors
4th April 2017 - ITG promotes Kiri Pettigrew and Bryan Blake to managing director positions.
- BTIG appoints Filip Skala and John Curley to executive roles
17th March 2017 - BTIG expands Transition Management and Global Portfolio and ETF Trading Group with appointment of Filip Skala and John Curley.
- BTIG Fixed Income Credit Group adds Michael Stewart and Michael Di Felice
15th March 2017 -
- Interactive Brokers to discontinue options market making business
9th March 2017 - Interactive Brokers phasing out options market making, will focus on building brokerage platform.
- Broadridge acquires Message Automation
9th March 2017 - Acquisition extends Broadridge's regulatory and compliance capabilities for capital markets firms and investment managers.
- Convergex releases 'Take Your Trump-erature' survey results
8th March 2017 - Survey finds almost 74% of respondents think President Trump will have a positive impact on the financial markets while only 40% approve of the job Trump is doing thus far.
- Dan Watkins to head BNY Mellon Markets team in EMEA
8th March 2017 - Dan Watkins replaces Richard Gill who is retiring after 20 years of service.
- John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones join BTIG's Fixed Income Credit Group
28th February 2017 - BTIG strengthens Fixed Income Credit Group with John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones.
- ITG launches turnkey Research Payment Account solution
27th February 2017 - Enhanced Research Payment Account provides funding and payment flexibility to adapt to MiFID II rules.