Gold Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- CME & Royal Mint test blockchain platform for gold
13th April 2017 - The Royal Mint Gold blockchain & trading platform announce live testing with major financial institutions.
- Euroclear & Paxos complete second pilot for bullion blockchain settlement
10th April 2017 - Euroclear Bankchain service processes 100,000 gold settlements
- DGCX launches Shanghai Gold Futures
10th April 2017 - The Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange opens-up access to the Chinese bullion market.
- Orebits & Symbiont deploy blockchain to digitize gold ownership
21st March 2017 - Smart certificates called 'orebits' provide owners of unrefined, proven gold reserves with access to liquidity for a previously illiquid asset.
- Trading Technologies connects to DGCX
7th March 2017 - Trading Technologies provides connectivity to Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange.
- Euroclear Bankchain completes first market pilot for blockchain gold settlement
19th December 2016 - Pilot participants included Scotiabank, Société Générale, Citi, MKS PAMP Group and INTL FCStone.
- SGX announces first Shariah-compliant gold futures contract
19th December 2016 - Singapore Exchange's Singapore Kilobar Gold Contract has become the world's first Shariah-compliant gold futures.
- DGCX and Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange sign MoU
12th December 2016 - Agreement to meet needs of investors in China and the Indian Sub-continent - two of the world's largest consumers of precious metals.
- Royal Mint and CME to offer blockchain based gold trading
29th November 2016 - The Royal Mint partners with CME Group to build and launch a digitised gold offering called Royal Mint Gold.
- ICE introduces central clearing for LBMA Gold Price
17th October 2016 - Intercontinental Exchange announces central clearing for the LBMA Gold Price
- LBMA selects Cinnober for trade reporting and transparency
12th October 2016 - London Bullion Market Association chooses Cinnober's Boat as the provider for trade reporting and transparency project.
- World Gold Council, LME and key market participants to launch LMEprecious
9th August 2016 - The World Gold Council, the London Metal Exchange, Goldman Sachs, ICBC Standard Bank, Morgan Stanley, Natixis, OSTC and Societe Generale to introduce a suite of exchange-traded and centrally-cleared precious metals products.
- TOCOM physical market for gold launches
25th July 2016 - Tokyo Commodity Exchange's physical market for gold launches today.
- ETF Securities launches first Gold ETCs on Euroclear's Fundsettle platform
21st July 2016 - Gold Bullion Securities (GBS) and ETFS Physical Gold (PHAU) now available to mutual fund investors via FundSettle platform.
- TOCOM to launch physical gold market
14th July 2016 - Tokyo Commodity Exchange plans Gold Physical Transaction.
- Euroclear and itBit form gold blockchain partnership
21st June 2016 - Euroclear and itBit collaborate on blockchain solution for gold market settlement.
- IBA feedback on LBMA Gold Price consultation
15th July 2015 - ICE Benchmark Administration publishes feedback statement for LBMA Gold Price consultation.
- CFTC charges UAE pair with spoofing
6th May 2015 - CFTC charges United Arab Emirates residents Heet Khara and Nasim Salim with spoofing in the gold and silver futures markets. Court issues ex parte restraining order freezing defendants' assets and preserving records.
- IBA launches LBMA Gold Price consultation
15th April 2015 - ICE Benchmark Administration launches consultation for LBMA Gold Price.
- Hedging EM? Think Gold.
24th March 2015 - Attractive returns across emerging markets (EM) for most of the last decade - supported by economic growth -appealed to many investors. While the long-term view on EM is still positive, economic weakness in some EM regions and increased volatility in most EM currencies has increased the importance of sound portfolio risk-management strategies. Our analysis shows that gold can be a cost effective EM-currency hedge, helping investors reduce portfolio losses during periods of heightened risk.
- Intercontinental Exchange to launch new LBMA Gold Price in March
19th February 2015 - ICE Benchmark Administration to administer the LBMA Gold Price from 20 March 2015.
- LBMA and TriOptima eliminate gold interest rate swap trades
26th January 2015 - London Bullion Market Association and TriOptima eliminate gold interest rate swap trades prior to 'GOFO' rate being discontinued.
- ACM Gold deploys Tradable platform in Africa
26th November 2014 - African broker, ACM Gold, announces exclusive partnership with Tradable.
- Netagio launches API
8th October 2014 - First British Bitcoin, gold & Sterling exchange announces Application Programming Interface.