Hedge Funds Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Preqin: Investors struggle to source attractive hedge funds
29th September 2017 - 42% of investors found it harder to find appealing funds in 2016 than in 2015
- Former Tudor PM plans systematic global macro fund
19th September 2017 - Dirk Jeschke, previously a portfolio manager at Tudor Investment Corporation, is planning to launch a hedge fund focused on medium and long-term systematic global macro
- Clearstream and HedgePole partner on new alternative fund data service
11th September 2017 - Clearstream to offer dynamic and static hedge funds data through HedgePole's web-based technology platform HedgeData.
- Preqin: Hedge fund inflows see a slowdown in Q2 2017
30th August 2017 - CTAs attract the greatest inflows while equity strategies continue to see outflows
- Preqin: Hedge fund managers remain cautious as net asset flows turn positive
29th August 2017 - Fund managers report negative investor sentiment toward the industry despite improved performance
- Whitebox Advisors chooses Broadridge solutions
17th August 2017 -
- Preqin: Hedge fund gains reach 4.87% in the first half of 2017
19th July 2017 - The hedge fund industry continued its recent run of consistent gains in June, returning 0.57% for the month. This has pushed 2017 YTD returns to 4.87%, the highest H1 performance since the first half of 2009. It is also the first time since 2007 in which the first six months of the year have all recorded positive returns.
- Eurex unlocks new hedging tools
4th July 2017 - Eurex offers exchange traded market for the corporate bond segment in Europe.
- Vontobel choses Clearstream as partner for hedge funds business
27th June 2017 - Clearstream to streamline Bank Vontobel's third-party hedge fund trading and custody business.
- Preqin: Hedge fund performance retains momentum in May
16th June 2017 - Almost all leading hedge fund strategies post positive returns as industry records seventh consecutive month of gains.
- O'Brien Investment Group launching Discretionary Global Macro Fund
15th June 2017 - Hedge fund managed by Goldman Sachs alumna Monica Fuentes, Ph.D. to open to public July 1st.
- Preqin: Hedge Funds attract net inflows of 20bn USD in Q1 2017
22nd May 2017 - Managers reverse five quarters of outflows in Q1, pushing industry AUM to $3.35tn.
- Preqin: Hedge funds post further gains of 0.76 per cent in April
15th May 2017 - Macro strategies funds saw their second consecutive month of losses, but all other leading hedge strategies made gains. 12-month performance for the industry now stands at 10.67%.
- Preqin: Hedge funds post gains of 3.18 per cent in Q1 2017
18th April 2017 - Three months of positive performance drive best opening quarter of a year since 2013.
- Preqin: Asia-Pacific Investors Consider Value of Hedge Funds
7th April 2017 - A November 2016 survey conducted by Preqin finds that hedge fund investors in Asia-Pacific are mixed on their future allocations to the asset class, but remain more positive about the industry compared to investors in other regions.
- eVestment announces iPhone app
4th April 2017 - eVestment iPhone App makes data, insights available anywhere, anytime.
- Preqin: Hedge fund managers become more flexible on fees
24th March 2017 - Managers view investor demands over fees as a key driver of change in 2017; three- quarters report to Preqin they are prepared to lower their rates.
- Eton Park hedge fund to close
24th March 2017 - "Disappointing results" prompt closure of Eric Mindich's thirteen-year-old hedge fund.
- Preqin: Hedge funds maintain performance momentum in February
15th March 2017 - Returns of 1.18% take 12-month performance to the highest level recorded since May 2013.
- LiquidityBook adds three hedge funds to POEMS platform
22nd February 2017 - Pier 88 Investment Partners, Zeo Capital Advisors and Solstein Capital deploy LiquidityBook's portfolio, order and execution management system.
- Preqin: Hedge funds start 2017 with gains of 1.40 per cent
15th February 2017 - Industry continues run of positive performance with best start to a year since 2013.
- Preqin: Most consistent top performing hedge funds in 2017
8th February 2017 - Preqin issues league tables of funds that have consistently generated higher returns and lower volatility than their peers over the past five years.
- Preqin: Hedge fund industry AUM surpasses 3.2 trillion USD in 2016
1st February 2017 - Robust performance brings total assets to $3.22tn, despite outflows of more than $100bn.
- Liquidnet increases focus on hedge funds with new hire
1st February 2017 - European sales role at Liquidnet for industry veteran, Dan Squires
- Preqin: Hedge fund returns reach three-year high in 2016
20th January 2017 - Industry made overall gains of 7.40% through the year, the highest annual performance seen since 2013.
- Abacus launches AbacusFLEX Protect
20th December 2016 - Managed cloud services provider for alternative investment funds provides critical client data protection.
- Preqin: North America-focused hedge funds post strong returns in November
16th December 2016 - The Preqin All-Strategies Hedge Fund benchmark recorded gains of 1.00% in November, as all top-level strategies posted positive performance. North America-focused hedge funds recovered from losses suffered in October (-0.69%) to post returns of 2.89% through November, the greatest of any region.
- Preqin: The impact of Brexit on hedge funds - Year end 2016 update
9th December 2016 - Five months after the UK's vote to leave the European Union, Preqin surveyed 276 hedge fund managers and 108 investors to chart the ongoing impact of Brexit on their portfolios. It found that industry participants have become more upbeat about the result, with a third of fund managers saying it has boosted their performance.
- Linedata enhances Linedata Global Hedge porfolio management system
8th December 2016 - New version of Linedata Global Hedge addresses challenging low-growth environment and regulatory pressures.
- Options completes Systematica platform migration
8th December 2016 -