Hedge Funds Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Preqin: Hedge funds maintain performance momentum in February
15th March 2017 - Returns of 1.18% take 12-month performance to the highest level recorded since May 2013.
- LiquidityBook adds three hedge funds to POEMS platform
22nd February 2017 - Pier 88 Investment Partners, Zeo Capital Advisors and Solstein Capital deploy LiquidityBook's portfolio, order and execution management system.
- Preqin: Hedge funds start 2017 with gains of 1.40 per cent
15th February 2017 - Industry continues run of positive performance with best start to a year since 2013.
- Preqin: Most consistent top performing hedge funds in 2017
8th February 2017 - Preqin issues league tables of funds that have consistently generated higher returns and lower volatility than their peers over the past five years.
- Preqin: Hedge fund industry AUM surpasses 3.2 trillion USD in 2016
1st February 2017 - Robust performance brings total assets to $3.22tn, despite outflows of more than $100bn.
- Liquidnet increases focus on hedge funds with new hire
1st February 2017 - European sales role at Liquidnet for industry veteran, Dan Squires
- Preqin: Hedge fund returns reach three-year high in 2016
20th January 2017 - Industry made overall gains of 7.40% through the year, the highest annual performance seen since 2013.
- Abacus launches AbacusFLEX Protect
20th December 2016 - Managed cloud services provider for alternative investment funds provides critical client data protection.
- Preqin: North America-focused hedge funds post strong returns in November
16th December 2016 - The Preqin All-Strategies Hedge Fund benchmark recorded gains of 1.00% in November, as all top-level strategies posted positive performance. North America-focused hedge funds recovered from losses suffered in October (-0.69%) to post returns of 2.89% through November, the greatest of any region.
- Preqin: The impact of Brexit on hedge funds - Year end 2016 update
9th December 2016 - Five months after the UK's vote to leave the European Union, Preqin surveyed 276 hedge fund managers and 108 investors to chart the ongoing impact of Brexit on their portfolios. It found that industry participants have become more upbeat about the result, with a third of fund managers saying it has boosted their performance.
- Linedata enhances Linedata Global Hedge porfolio management system
8th December 2016 - New version of Linedata Global Hedge addresses challenging low-growth environment and regulatory pressures.
- Options completes Systematica platform migration
8th December 2016 -
- Euler Investments selects OptionsCity market-making software and API services
8th December 2016 -
- Preqin: US Election - Fund managers react
18th November 2016 - Preqin survey finds fund managers broadly optimistic about a Trump presidency's impact on the alternative assets industry, but some concerns remain.
- Preqin: Hedge fund performance loses momentum in October
16th November 2016 - The industry recorded minimal gains of 0.01% through the month, following positive run through much of the year.
- Teza Technologies to withdraw from prop trading arena
10th November 2016 - Firm wants to transform into hedge fund.
- Preqin: First-time private capital funds consistently outperform more experienced counterparts
4th November 2016 - Investors increasingly willing to look beyond established fund managers in congested fundraising marketplace
- Preqin: Asia hedge fund industry sees less launch activity in Q3
28th October 2016 - Asia-focused and -based hedge funds both see proportional launch figures fall, as fund managers turn towards a global focus.
- Preqin: Hedge funds mark highest quarterly performance for three years in Q3
13th October 2016 - Seven consecutive months of hedge fund gains see returns of 4.06% in Q3, and take 2016 YTD performance to 5.41%.
- Preqin: Hedge fund industry records returns of 0.97% in August
15th September 2016 - All leading strategies and geographies see positive returns, but fail to replicate July gains.
- Preqin: Hedge Fund Performance - Behind the Headline Numbers
9th September 2016 - The 2016 Preqin Alternative Assets Performance Monitor examines the performance of the hedge fund industry over the past 12 months.
- Preqin: Hedge funds mark fifth consecutive month of gains in July
15th August 2016 - Overall industry returns of 2.17% mark return to positive 12-month performance.
- ENSO and EBS create hedge fund Basel III optimization platform
4th August 2016 - New service offers cash and collateral movements through ENSO.
- Preqin: Hedge fund managers see opportunities in Europe in Q2
21st July 2016 - 16% of funds launched in Q2 target the region, while UCITS-compliant funds represent largest ever proportion of launches in the quarter.
- Linear Investments selects RSRCHXchange for compliant research
14th July 2016 - Linear Investments has selected RSRCHXchange to access and procure MiFID II compliant institutional research.
- Preqin: Investors and fund managers gauge Brexit impact
7th July 2016 - Preqin survey concludes largest proportions of fund managers do not expect their performance or investment decisions to be impacted by Brexit, but hedge fund managers anticipate short term benefit from market volatility.
- Preqin: Four-fifths of Europe-based hedge fund managers believe Britain will remain in the EU
16th June 2016 - A survey by Preqin finds firms in the UK and rest of Europe agree over the likely result of the referendum, but show different outlooks on the impact Brexit would have on the hedge fund industry.
- Preqin: Hedge funds post third successive month of gains in May
14th June 2016 - Industry marks longest period of positive performance since May 2015, with all leading strategies making gains in 2016 YTD.
- Preqin: Hedge fund investors seek CTAs in 2016
10th June 2016 - CTAs see highest net inflows of Q1 2016 as investors look to increase allocations.
- Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to Alternative Investment Centre
9th June 2016 - BNY Mellon's Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to its Alternative Investment Centre.