Education Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- OANDA launches new education portal
27th November 2017 -
- FIA launches FIA Training for industry professionals
23rd October 2017 - FIA has announced the launch of FIA Training, a program of learning tools that cover topics such as market conduct and compliance
- Derivatives industry joins forces to launch Futuresfundamentals.org education resource
18th October 2017 - FIA, CME Group, NFA, The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM) and CME Group Foundation to support the formation of an online resource for derivatives education
- Thomson Reuters appointed tech provider for UWA Financial Markets Trading Room
3rd October 2017 - Thomson Reuters partners with University of Western Australia to provide analytics tools, real-time data and financial information for teaching and research capabilities
- AxiomSL launches regulatory education program for asset managers and broker-dealers
24th August 2017 - Complimentary program aims to shed light on opacity surrounding financial regulation
- Financial Institutions get SWIFTSmart with eLearning platform
29th June 2017 - SWIFT's eLearning platform expands to include 10 different languages as user base reaches 12,000.
- Quantopian hires Marc Volpe as CFO
16th December 2016 - Algorithmic trading platform and educational community expands financial team.
- SWIFT goes live with new eLearning platform
15th November 2016 - SWIFTSmart provides training programme with digital courses and social learning capabilities.
- ayondo acquires Singapore fintech brand TradeHero
15th November 2016 - Acquisiton of TradeHero's stock market simulation app expands ayondo's footprint in Singapore ahead of planned SGX listing.
- Quantopian raises USD 25 million in Series C funding round
14th November 2016 - Quantopian raises $25 million led by the venture capital firm, Andreessen Horowitz. Tops 100,000 Members for algorithmic trading platform and educational community.
- DataArt and Deutsche Borse create ETF eLearning program
19th October 2016 - Deutsche Börse and DataArt partner to create interactive eLearning program on Exchange Traded Funds.
- Oxford University announces appointment to Man Professorship of Quantitative Finance
12th October 2016 - University of Oxford appoints Mihaela van der Schaar to the Man Professorship of Quantitative Finance.
- ayondo group launches 'ayondo academy' app
12th August 2016 - Financial technology group ayondo has launched a new educational mobile app, the ayondo academy,
- SWIFT gets SWIFTSmart with new eLearning platform
20th April 2016 - New SWIFT platform provides remote training with digital courses and social learning capabilities to help users understand and use SWIFT more effectively.
- WFE launches financial education & literacy initiative
17th November 2015 - New World Federation of Exchanges education initiative to promote financial education and entrepreneurial skills among school children and university students.
- Certificate in Finance and Technology launches
27th October 2015 - First qualification to bridge gap between technology and financial services announced.
- JWG redefine MiFID II implementation training
20th October 2015 - Think-tank deploys RegDelta to help train MiFID II workforce.
- SunGard to hold Global Code-a-thon in FC Barcelona stadium
2nd September 2015 - SunGard's Global Coder Cup '15 to tackle big data and analytics at FC Barcelona's Camp Nou stadium.
- Stockfuse platform can 'help win a spot on Wall Street'
26th August 2015 - The Stockfuse virtual trading platform integrates social gaming, psychology and machine learning techniques to help talent acquisition.
- AES International begins graduate training programme
25th August 2015 - AES International kick starts a new graduate training programme with the hire of three graduates from British universities.
- CBOE Options Institute at SGX announced
30th July 2015 - Singapore Exchange partners with Chicago Board Options Exchange on options trading education.
- EU open source software project gets green light
1st July 2015 - An open source software project involving the University of St Andrews to extend the capacity of computational mathematics and interactive computing environments has received over 7 million euros in EU funding.
- Trading Technologies' new web-based TT platform now free to higher-education faculty and students
6th May 2015 - Trading Technologies rebrands and relaunches its University Program as the TT CampusConnect program, expands commitment to university education and recruitment.
- TPI and Cass Business School enter OTC market regulation research partnership
14th April 2015 - Tullett Prebon Information and Cass Business School collaborate on research into comparative regulation of the OTC markets. Students will also be given the opportunity to intern at TPI.
- SGX announces 2015 StockWhiz trading competition
1st April 2015 - Singapore Exchange steps up investor education with StockWhiz and e-tutorials.
- LSEG and City Gateway launch financial apprenticeship scheme
20th January 2015 - 'Gateway to the City' will create new pathway into financial services industry. Apprentices open trading at London Stock Exchange.
- SEC announces 2015 examination priorities
14th January 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced its Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations' priorities for 2015.
- Tradimo adds wikipedia for traders widget to Tradable platform
3rd December 2014 - Online trading school Tradimo adds wikipedia for traders widget to Tradable platform.
- CBOE Mobile app now available for iPhone and iPad
5th November 2014 - Chicago Board Options Exchange introduces new options app for iOS users
- Winton Capital founder donates £5mn to Science Museum
12th September 2014 - Science Museum receives largest ever individual donation from the David and Claudia Harding Foundation to support ambitious mathematics project. Zaha Hadid Architects win competition to design world's foremost gallery of mathematics.