Database Technology Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Kx acquires rights to Enlightenment Research's PyQ interface to Python for kdb+
23rd November 2017 - FD has announced that its Kx Systems division has acquired the rights to PyQ from Enlightenment Research
- GoldenSource and McObject launch RegTech EDM solution
27th June 2017 -
- ABN AMRO selects MarkLogic for Trade Store
8th November 2016 - MarkLogic's single view of data across asset-classes to help enable compliance with upcoming legislation.
- Hazelcast and Striim reduce windows of inconsistency in underlying database to milliseconds
3rd November 2016 - Hazelcast Striim Hot Cache joint solution enables real-time, push-based cache synchronization with its underlying database.
- Xetra introduces rebates in DAX 30 stocks
31st August 2016 - Xetra Liquidity Provider Pilot Program to give 100% rebate to qualifying LPs
- Pragma launches TradeBase to improve order routing transparency
14th July 2016 - Real-time routing database to enhance the Pragma's algorithmic trading platform.
- McObject & IBM set new records in STAC-M3 benchmark for capital markets.
3rd November 2015 - McObject & IBM set new records for speed & stability in STAC-M3 benchmark for capital markets.
- Zettaset and Thales partner to deliver big data encryption solution
28th July 2015 - Standards-based key management appliance and encryption software deliver high assurance security, performance and scalability for open-source Hadoop and NoSQL.
- Kx Systems appoints Mark Sykes as global market strategist
14th July 2015 - New role supports expansion within financial services and new markets.
- Machine learning boosted by big data in finance
14th January 2015 - Though far from mainstream, machine learning continues to gain momentum in financial services even as experts warn of the consequences of artificial intelligence technologies.
- First Derivatives launches Delta Marketing Cloud
7th January 2015 - First Derivatives enters Digital Marketing Platform market with kdb+ database technology.
- FIMA 2014 report: Clean Databases - reality or fantasy?
13th November 2014 - FIMA 2014 report: Clean Databases - reality or fantasy?
- eVestment report: Sizing the 2013 Hedge Fund, FoHFs Universe
27th August 2014 - eVestment's Sizing the 2013 Hedge Fund and Fund of Hedge Fund Universe report offers industry perspective.
- EDI makes African Central Bank data available
22nd July 2014 - Exchange Data International's African Financial and Economic Data Service now includes African Central Bank economic data reported directly from source.
- Real-time memory moving in
16th July 2014 - Java may not be an emerging technology, but a lot has been happening in the last few years to push the popular language towards lower latency.
- McObject & EMC technologies boosts in-memory DBMS benchmark
1st May 2014 - McObject eXtremeDB Financial Edition & EMC XtremSF server-based PCIe flash card technologies boost IMDS speed, durability & scalability.
- SmartStream expands HK office, appoints manager
31st March 2014 - SmartStream expands Hong Kong office and appoints Steve Murphy as country manager.
- ITG launches mobile trading cost application
20th March 2014 - ITG announces first mobile application, Liquidity Metrics, and its first cost index, the ITG Trading Cost Index.
- Why can't we be friends? MMT and the quest for data standards
24th February 2014 - It's not every day that rival data vendors, venues and other companies gather round the table and agree to work together towards a common goal. But the rapidly progressing Market Model Typology (MMT) initiative shows that this kind of cooperation can happen, and the benefits are expected to be enormous.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Data
24th February 2014 - You're only as good as your data. Whether it's pre-trade research or post-trade analysis, so much comes down to how accurate and how complete your dataset is. But cleaning and maintaining good data is generally not thought of as the sexiest part of being in the financial markets. It's a chore, the scope of which is often underrated and underappreciated. So Automated Trader sought to speak to a range of specialists to hear what they said about the importance of data hygiene.
- McObject and AgigA Tech test eXtremeDB Financial Edition in-memory database system
12th February 2014 - McObject and AgigA Tech conclude using NVDIMM as storage, in-memory database gains durability & keeps high performance.
- McObject appoints UK & Europe representative
3rd February 2014 - Ian Hillier-Brook to represent McObject in UK & Europe.
- Sapient Global Markets offers new sentiment-based data management maturity assessment
24th September 2013 - Assessment to help financial institutions gain a subjective, organizational view of their current-state of data management maturity
- Private equity veterans launch TopQ
24th September 2013 - New software to redefine the way private equity fund managers communicate performance data with investors - $3 trillion private equity industry currently 'run on spreadsheets'.
- Asset Control acquired by Marlin Equity Partners
6th August 2013 - Marlin Equity Partners buys data management software provider
- Kx's kdb+ claims up to 8x faster than any previous STAC M3 benchmarks
11th June 2013 - Kx Systems releases new version of kdb+ and latest benchmark results for STAC
- RSJ chooses Kx to support algo trading
22nd May 2013 - Czech derivatives trading group RSJ chose Kx for its algo trading.
- Selero to Release Smart Order Routing 2.1
10th June 2008 -
- IND-X Securities launches using Fidessa LatentZero's EMS Workstation for equities trading
11th December 2007 - Fidessa group plc has announced that IND-X Securities Limited has launched its operations using Fidessa LatentZero's EMS Workstation to provide execution services, initially for Japanese equities trading. A subsidiary of Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed Japaninvest Group plc,IND-X Securities is a new securities firm established to provide a broker neutral, unconflicted execution hub for buy-side firms trading Japanese stocks.