Traditional Asset Managers Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Broadridge forms strategic alliance with Spence Johnson
12th June 2017 - Strategic alliance enables asset managers to analyse the global retail and institutional asset management opportunity together.
- Axioma: Five trends for asset managers in 2017 as Europe takes centre stage
20th December 2016 - Ian Webster, COO at Axioma, outlines five key trends which could shape the European asset management landscape in 2017, including: active managers turning to quants; analytics getting smarter; and increasing regulatory pressure.
- Nomura launches new wholesale fund for HNWIs in Malaysia
13th December 2016 - Nomura launches first new wholesale fund for high net worth individuals in Malaysia.
- eVestment Q3 Asset Flows Report
15th December 2015 - eVestment report shows that the institutional asset management industry reported net outflows of $100.2 billion in the past quarter, following $76 billion in outflows in the previous quarter.
- BNP Paribas adds 16 new asset manager clients to Colombia franchise
15th September 2015 - BNP Paribas Securities Services Colombia implements 16 new asset manager mandates.
- eVestment Q2 Asset Flows Report
3rd September 2015 - eVestment report shows the flow of institutional funds across regions, universes and products.
- BNY Mellon names Michelle Neal as president
1st September 2015 - BNY Mellon appoints Deutsche Bank's Michelle Neal as president of BNY Mellon Markets Group.
- ESG issues are major factors in investment decisions - CFA Institute
25th August 2015 - Majority of investment professionals use environmental, social and governance information when making decisions, according to a recent CFA Institute survey.
- Markets adjust to 'new normal' - Heartwood
12th August 2015 - Michael Stanes, investment director at Heartwood Investment Management asks: nonfarm payroll figures offer the Federal Reserve flexibility, but what about the external risks?
- Nomura to enter asset management business alliance
22nd July 2015 - Nomura to establish new asset management company with Japan Post Bank, Japan Post, and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank.
- Liquidnet's corporate bond dark pool - Q&A with Constantinos Antoniades
22nd June 2015 - Automated Trader talks to Liquidnet's head of Fixed Income about the highly anticipated launch of its institutional dark pool for corporate bonds.
- BNP Paribas announces Netherlands appointments
5th May 2015 - BNP Paribas Securities Services announces senior appointments in the Netherlands.
- CNP Assurances deploys SimCorp Dimension platform
16th April 2015 - CNP Assurances uses SimCorp Dimension to optimise the management of its financial assets.
- TradeTech Europe 2015: Market ecosystem adapts
15th April 2015 - Buy side should probably accept HFT firms are here to stay, while also recognising how new challengers could disrupt equity business models.
- Sound Bytes: views from the conference circuit
1st April 2015 - Visions of the future for the role of exchanges, a deep dive into research showing that there is a strong theoretical argument in favour of factor investing, and other juicy tidbits from a whirlwind week of conferences.
- ESMA submits advice on delegated acts required by the UCITS V Directive
28th November 2014 - ESMA finalises advice for rules protecting UCITS assets.
- Russia's Renaissance Capital hires new managing director
10th September 2014 - Maxim Arefyev joins Renaissance Capital as co-head of investment banking in Russia
- Corrupt data fears in wake of fix scandals
12th August 2014 - Hefty fines for the manipulation of benchmark rates means that industry should be prepared to justify price setting mechanisms.
- ESMA regulations spread to buy side
30th June 2014 - Buy side firms have been brought into the scope of MiFID II and MiFIR. Automated Trader talks to the Investment Management Association about some of the biggest concerns for large and small asset managers.
- ESMA's push to lit markets in question
16th June 2014 - Significant concerns remain about how the double volume cap mechanism for dark pools will play out in combination with proposals for systematic internalisers.
- Linedata upgrades pricing engine
25th September 2013 - Linedata announces stand-alone NAV and Unit Pricing solution
- Buy-siders struggling with derivatives processing, poll shows
29th August 2013 - A survey by SimCorp painted a picture of traditional buy side firms struggling to deal with derivatives processing.
- FTT, HFT...WTF? Political pressure for a European financial transaction tax poses threats
15th July 2013 - As European regulators and politicians try to find agreement on a broad-based European financial transaction tax (FTT) for some EU members, Automated Trader Editor Adam Cox looks at the implications if such a levy finally emerges.
- VTB Capital and CITIC Securities sign MOU
12th July 2013 - VTB Capital of Russia struck the latest in a series of agreements with groups in other countries, this time with China's CITIC Securities.
- Broadridge Financial to buy Bonaire Software
26th June 2013 - Broadridge Financial said it would buy Boaire Software Solutions, which provides asset management services, for undisclosed terms.
- MTS to launch electronic interest rate swaps trading platform
17th June 2013 - MTS Swaps to bring electronic-trading of interest rate swaps to buy-side, major banks sign MoUs in support
- Report highlights cost to the buy side in new era of swap trading
5th June 2013 - A study by Sapient Global Markets illustrated the cost of the central clearing mandate under Dodd-Frank.