Distributed Technology Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- R3's Corda available on AWS Marketplace
5th December 2017 - Customers of Amazon Web Services can now build and deploy applications for finance and commerce on Corda
- R3 and 22 banks build real-time international payments solution on Corda DLT platform
31st October 2017 -
- BBVA and BBVA Bancomer deploy DLT-based FX matching pilot from Calypso Technology and R3
16th October 2017 -
- Finastra, R3 and seven banks to create DLT platform
5th October 2017 - Finastra, R3, BNP Paribas, BNY Mellon, HSBC, ING and State Street to create Distributed Ledger Technology platform for syndicated lending community
- R3 launches version 1.0 of Corda distributed ledger platform
3rd October 2017 - Codebase developed in collaboration with 50 financial services and technology institutions
- Chilean regulator SBIF joins R3 network
28th September 2017 -
- Ripple opens Singapore office
26th September 2017 - Ripple supports Singapore's FinTech hub aspirations with new office
- Cobalt joins BT Radianz Cloud
6th September 2017 - Cobalt's distributed ledger technology now available in conjunction with BT's BT Radianz Services
- Banco de la Republica Colombia joins R3
29th August 2017 - Banco de la Republica Colombia joins R3 to test distributed ledger technology
- Researchers bring atomic clock timestamp precision to stock trading over distributed ledgers
25th August 2017 - Researchers from the National Physical Laboratory, the Toronto Stock Exchange and Z/Yen, timestamped financial stock trades with Co-ordinated Universal Time (UTC) generated from atomic clocks and recorded the trades directly on a distributed ledger.
- Synechron partners with R3
23rd August 2017 - Collaboration will work toward developing a KYC solution with twelve global banks
- R3 to integrate Corda platform with Microsoft Coco Framework
10th August 2017 - Microsoft's Coco Framework to improve performance, confidentiality and governance characteristics of enterprise blockchain networks
- SIX and Nasdaq to develop OTC blockchain tech
9th August 2017 - SIX Swiss Exchange and Nasdaq to develop distributed ledger technology for SIX's OTC structured products
- Eleven banks develop trade finance app on R3's Corda DLT platform
7th August 2017 - App holds potential to improve trade flows, particularly for SMEs in developing economies
- R3 and Intel to improve privacy and security on Corda blockchain platform
17th July 2017 - R3 collaborates with Intel to develop privacy and security functionality on Corda.
- Third R3 Smart Contract Templates Summit focuses on industry standards
15th June 2017 - Need for industry standards to simplify the implementations of smart contracts and distributed ledger technology agreed. Support for trade associations to lead the work on defining industry standards for smart contracts.
- Symbiont adds co-creator of BFT-SMaRt Consensus Protocol to advisory board
26th May 2017 - Dr. Alysson Bessani, co-creator of the Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol BFT-SMaRt, has joined Symbiont's advisory board.
- R3 secures 107 million USD investment for DLT
23rd May 2017 - Top investors include SBI Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, HSBC, Intel & Temasek. Final tranche of fundraising will be opened to R3 members and non-R3 institutional investors later this year.
- NEX Infinity SaaS platform released for production testing
23rd May 2017 - NEX Optimisation to release NEX Infinity into production testing for FX and cash equities on the distributed ledger.
- Codel partners with GMEX
22nd May 2017 - Codel partners with GMEX to deliver a paradigm shift for commodity trading. Codel makes key appointments to Board of directors.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
19th May 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- Citi joins Axoni's financing round
11th May 2017 - New member brings total raise to over $20 Million.
- Cobalt announces new launch participants Citadel Securities and XTX
11th May 2017 - Cobalt opens new US office - appoints new COO, Head Of Product and Head Of Solution Delivery and Support.
- Calypso, R3 and others plan DLT application for trade matching confirmations
28th April 2017 - Calypso, R3 and five financial institutions to develop trade matching application on Corda DLT platform.
- LMRKTS first to offer Cobalt's BlueSky blockchain services
11th April 2017 - Cobalt DL secures LMRKTS as multi-lateral compression partner on new BlueSky service.
- OTC Exchange Network joins the Chamber of Digital Commerce
28th March 2017 -
- SAP joins Hyperledger blockchain project
27th March 2017 - Business software and cloud services provider invests in open blockchain project to advance enterprise-grade distributed ledger technology.
- IBM launches secure blockchain services/governance and developer tools
24th March 2017 - IBM launches enterprise-ready blockchain services for Hyperledger Fabric v 1.0 on IBM Cloud.
- Orebits & Symbiont deploy blockchain to digitize gold ownership
21st March 2017 - Smart certificates called 'orebits' provide owners of unrefined, proven gold reserves with access to liquidity for a previously illiquid asset.
- IBM and SecureKey develop blockchain digital identity network
20th March 2017 - IBM and SecureKey Technologies are working together to enable a new digital identity and attribute sharing network based on IBM Blockchain.