Distributed Technology Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- R3 to integrate Corda platform with Microsoft Coco Framework
10th August 2017 - Microsoft's Coco Framework to improve performance, confidentiality and governance characteristics of enterprise blockchain networks
- SIX and Nasdaq to develop OTC blockchain tech
9th August 2017 - SIX Swiss Exchange and Nasdaq to develop distributed ledger technology for SIX's OTC structured products
- Eleven banks develop trade finance app on R3's Corda DLT platform
7th August 2017 - App holds potential to improve trade flows, particularly for SMEs in developing economies
- R3 and Intel to improve privacy and security on Corda blockchain platform
17th July 2017 - R3 collaborates with Intel to develop privacy and security functionality on Corda.
- Third R3 Smart Contract Templates Summit focuses on industry standards
15th June 2017 - Need for industry standards to simplify the implementations of smart contracts and distributed ledger technology agreed. Support for trade associations to lead the work on defining industry standards for smart contracts.
- Symbiont adds co-creator of BFT-SMaRt Consensus Protocol to advisory board
26th May 2017 - Dr. Alysson Bessani, co-creator of the Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol BFT-SMaRt, has joined Symbiont's advisory board.
- R3 secures 107 million USD investment for DLT
23rd May 2017 - Top investors include SBI Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, HSBC, Intel & Temasek. Final tranche of fundraising will be opened to R3 members and non-R3 institutional investors later this year.
- NEX Infinity SaaS platform released for production testing
23rd May 2017 - NEX Optimisation to release NEX Infinity into production testing for FX and cash equities on the distributed ledger.
- Codel partners with GMEX
22nd May 2017 - Codel partners with GMEX to deliver a paradigm shift for commodity trading. Codel makes key appointments to Board of directors.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
19th May 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- Citi joins Axoni's financing round
11th May 2017 - New member brings total raise to over $20 Million.
- Cobalt announces new launch participants Citadel Securities and XTX
11th May 2017 - Cobalt opens new US office - appoints new COO, Head Of Product and Head Of Solution Delivery and Support.
- Calypso, R3 and others plan DLT application for trade matching confirmations
28th April 2017 - Calypso, R3 and five financial institutions to develop trade matching application on Corda DLT platform.
- LMRKTS first to offer Cobalt's BlueSky blockchain services
11th April 2017 - Cobalt DL secures LMRKTS as multi-lateral compression partner on new BlueSky service.
- OTC Exchange Network joins the Chamber of Digital Commerce
28th March 2017 -
- SAP joins Hyperledger blockchain project
27th March 2017 - Business software and cloud services provider invests in open blockchain project to advance enterprise-grade distributed ledger technology.
- IBM launches secure blockchain services/governance and developer tools
24th March 2017 - IBM launches enterprise-ready blockchain services for Hyperledger Fabric v 1.0 on IBM Cloud.
- Orebits & Symbiont deploy blockchain to digitize gold ownership
21st March 2017 - Smart certificates called 'orebits' provide owners of unrefined, proven gold reserves with access to liquidity for a previously illiquid asset.
- IBM and SecureKey develop blockchain digital identity network
20th March 2017 - IBM and SecureKey Technologies are working together to enable a new digital identity and attribute sharing network based on IBM Blockchain.
- Bloq's BloqLabs to connect business & blockchain
17th March 2017 - BloqLabs to connect enterprises with open source blockchain innovations.
- SIX develops blockchain based bond issuing solution
17th March 2017 - Prototype covers bond life-cycle enabling the issuing of bonds as smart contracts that specify dates coupon payments are made, how much, and how/when repayments occur.
- Chamber of Digital Commerce forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council
16th March 2017 - Blockstream, Bloq, Civic, Cognizant, Deloitte, Digital Currency Group, Ernst & Young, Gem, Medici Ventures, Microsoft, T0.com, TMX and others commit to Blockchain Intellectual Property Council.
- Banco Santander's Julio Faura joins Wall Street Blockchain Alliance
15th March 2017 - Head of R&D For innovation initiatives at Banco Santander joins trade association board of directors
- Japan's Blockchain Collaborative Consortium membership reaches 109
15th March 2017 - New Financial Services Subcommittee to boost awareness of blockchain technology among financial institutions.
- NYIAX announces blockchain-enabled advertising contract exchange
14th March 2017 - Blockchain-enabled media trading platform runs in the cloud and is powered by Nasdaq.
- ATB Financial joins R3 blockchain consortium
10th March 2017 - ATB Financial has joined financial innovation firm R3's consortium to design and apply distributed and shared ledger-inspired technologies to financial markets.
- Bank of England, Bitmark, China Merchants Bank & others join Hyperledger project
1st March 2017 - Other new members include Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Initiative for CryptoCurrencies and Contracts, Kaiser Permanente, Kubique, MadHive, Monax, OSCRE and RadarWin Cyber Technology.
- RSRCHXchange appoints former Instinet CEO and others
1st March 2017 - RSRCHXchange board adds Adam Toms, former Instinet Europe CEO, Don Guiney, former senior partner at Freshfields, and Michael MacFadgen, NEX director. Alan MacDonald joins from Nomura and UBS.
- Blockchain provider SETL opens Paris office
28th February 2017 - Former French Treasury official Pierre Davoust appointed CEO of SETL's new Paris office.
- BIS reports on risks and rewards of blockchain tech
28th February 2017 - Bank for International Settlements - Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures: Distributed ledger in payment, clearing and settlement - an analytical framework.