Distributed Technology Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Calypso, R3 and others plan DLT application for trade matching confirmations
28th April 2017 - Calypso, R3 and five financial institutions to develop trade matching application on Corda DLT platform.
- LMRKTS first to offer Cobalt's BlueSky blockchain services
11th April 2017 - Cobalt DL secures LMRKTS as multi-lateral compression partner on new BlueSky service.
- OTC Exchange Network joins the Chamber of Digital Commerce
28th March 2017 -
- SAP joins Hyperledger blockchain project
27th March 2017 - Business software and cloud services provider invests in open blockchain project to advance enterprise-grade distributed ledger technology.
- IBM launches secure blockchain services/governance and developer tools
24th March 2017 - IBM launches enterprise-ready blockchain services for Hyperledger Fabric v 1.0 on IBM Cloud.
- Orebits & Symbiont deploy blockchain to digitize gold ownership
21st March 2017 - Smart certificates called 'orebits' provide owners of unrefined, proven gold reserves with access to liquidity for a previously illiquid asset.
- IBM and SecureKey develop blockchain digital identity network
20th March 2017 - IBM and SecureKey Technologies are working together to enable a new digital identity and attribute sharing network based on IBM Blockchain.
- Bloq's BloqLabs to connect business & blockchain
17th March 2017 - BloqLabs to connect enterprises with open source blockchain innovations.
- SIX develops blockchain based bond issuing solution
17th March 2017 - Prototype covers bond life-cycle enabling the issuing of bonds as smart contracts that specify dates coupon payments are made, how much, and how/when repayments occur.
- Chamber of Digital Commerce forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council
16th March 2017 - Blockstream, Bloq, Civic, Cognizant, Deloitte, Digital Currency Group, Ernst & Young, Gem, Medici Ventures, Microsoft, T0.com, TMX and others commit to Blockchain Intellectual Property Council.
- Banco Santander's Julio Faura joins Wall Street Blockchain Alliance
15th March 2017 - Head of R&D For innovation initiatives at Banco Santander joins trade association board of directors
- Japan's Blockchain Collaborative Consortium membership reaches 109
15th March 2017 - New Financial Services Subcommittee to boost awareness of blockchain technology among financial institutions.
- NYIAX announces blockchain-enabled advertising contract exchange
14th March 2017 - Blockchain-enabled media trading platform runs in the cloud and is powered by Nasdaq.
- ATB Financial joins R3 blockchain consortium
10th March 2017 - ATB Financial has joined financial innovation firm R3's consortium to design and apply distributed and shared ledger-inspired technologies to financial markets.
- Bank of England, Bitmark, China Merchants Bank & others join Hyperledger project
1st March 2017 - Other new members include Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Initiative for CryptoCurrencies and Contracts, Kaiser Permanente, Kubique, MadHive, Monax, OSCRE and RadarWin Cyber Technology.
- RSRCHXchange appoints former Instinet CEO and others
1st March 2017 - RSRCHXchange board adds Adam Toms, former Instinet Europe CEO, Don Guiney, former senior partner at Freshfields, and Michael MacFadgen, NEX director. Alan MacDonald joins from Nomura and UBS.
- Blockchain provider SETL opens Paris office
28th February 2017 - Former French Treasury official Pierre Davoust appointed CEO of SETL's new Paris office.
- BIS reports on risks and rewards of blockchain tech
28th February 2017 - Bank for International Settlements - Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures: Distributed ledger in payment, clearing and settlement - an analytical framework.
- DTCC & Digital Asset move to phase two of blockchain trial
27th February 2017 - New stakeholder working group will lead work to gather service requirements for phase two in $3 trillion per day market.
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and SFIG bring blockchain to securitization
27th February 2017 - The Chamber of Digital Commerce and the Structured Finance Industry Group (SFIG) partner to bring blockchain to the almost $2 billion U.S. Securitization Market.
- OTC Exchange Network appoints Blockchain architect Drew Rasmussen as CTO
27th February 2017 - OTC Exchange Network announces appointment of Blockchain architect Drew Rasmussen as Chief Technology Officer.
- Wall Street Blockchain Alliance adds Blockchain Intelligence Group as corporate member
22nd February 2017 - Search and big data analytics innovator focuses on blockchain data visibility and risk assessment for compliance and law enforcement.
- KPMG and Microsoft announce new 'Blockchain Nodes'
16th February 2017 - First joint blockchain nodes open in Frankfurt and Singapore; will identify new applications and use cases for blockchain technology.
- SETL launches Global Engineering Centre, expands technology team
15th February 2017 - Blockchain specialist recruits ten new staff to support international expansion.
- Post Trade Distributed Ledger Group: blockchain to become mainstream within five years
13th February 2017 - Post Trade Distributed Ledger Group survey finds half of distributed ledger technology professionals forecast global post-trade blockchain adoption in between three to five years.
- EquiChain announces blockchain platform for capital markets
13th February 2017 - Equichain announces its working distributed ledger technology-based solution.
- Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group join blockchain startup
3rd February 2017 - Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group have joined The Chamber of Digital Commerce, the trade association representing the digital asset and blockchain industry.
- Wall Street Blockchain Alliance announces Blockchain Assets Working Group
1st February 2017 - ARK Investment Management's Blockchain Products Lead Chris Burniske to chair group focused on new asset class.
- OTC Exchange Network joins Wall Street Blockchain Alliance
25th January 2017 - Wall Street Blockchain Alliance adds OTC Exchange Network as corporate member.
- Deutsche Boerse presents blockchain concept for risk free cash transfer
23rd January 2017 - Eurex Clearing acts as trusted party for transactions. Direct payments with commercial bank money.