Algorithms Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- TradingScreen signs commercial deal with Tethys Technology
21st March 2017 - TethysAlgo suite provides TradingScreen customers broker-neutral algos for equities, futures options and FX.
- ITG survey: Reinventing Algos
13th March 2017 - ITG survey finds buyside traders seeking custom features and increased transparency.
- IBM Cloud to deliver quantum computing systems
6th March 2017 - Following Watson and blockchain, quantum computing to deliver next set of services on IBM Cloud platform.
- WEX enhances options algorithm suite
1st February 2017 - Wolverine Execution Services adds Best-X options for spreads and new Vol and TWAP algorithms.
- BTIG's Global Portfolio and ETF Trading Group launches benchmark market on close algorithm
25th January 2017 - BTIG's latest algorithm streams historical close and imbalance metrics to determine a reverse implementation shortfall.
- SaxoTraderGO integrates Autochartist's tools
23rd January 2017 - Saxo Bank's integration of Autochartist's tools into SaxoTraderGO enables trading based on automated technical analysis and live trade signals across asset classes.
- Kase StatWar major update available on CQG's Charting API
10th January 2017 - Kase StatWare indicator update now available on CQG Integrated Client through CQG's Charting API.
- Order Flow Analytics tools now available on Tradovate's cloud-based platform
3rd January 2017 - Tradovate integrates OFA's analytical and algorithmic trading tools into its cloud-based platform.
- Quantopian hires Marc Volpe as CFO
16th December 2016 - Algorithmic trading platform and educational community expands financial team.
- Bloomberg Tradebook enhances cross-asset trading platform to enable relative trading
12th December 2016 - New feature helps clients trade securities relative to benchmark to generate alpha.
- Reuters algo tracks and verifies breaking news on Twitter
5th December 2016 - #MachinesForTheWin
- Quantopian raises USD 25 million in Series C funding round
14th November 2016 - Quantopian raises $25 million led by the venture capital firm, Andreessen Horowitz. Tops 100,000 Members for algorithmic trading platform and educational community.
- Liquidnet launches new technology for the buy-side
10th November 2016 - Liquidnet's Virtual High Touch supports the shifting balance of power from the sell side to the buy side. Includes launch of second generation Algo Ranking Model and Real-Time Course Correction.
- Convergex launches new options algo
12th October 2016 - Convergex Darkest options trading algorithm probes markets for hidden liquidity.
- Bank of England doesn't see systemic risk from algorithms in wake of GBP 'flash crash'
11th October 2016 - Sterling is as Sterling does.
- WEX enhances algos to handle hidden orders
21st September 2016 - Wolverine Execution Services enhances SWeep-X and Sweep Spread options algorithms with hidden order functionality.
- itarle algorithms available through Celer
20th September 2016 - itarle algorithms available through Celer.
- KGI extends use of Horizon Automated Trading platform
25th August 2016 -
- Bats provides testing for MiFID II order record keeping requirement
22nd August 2016 - MiFID II compliant record keeping process and algorithm testing enhancements now available for participant testing on Bats Europe.
- CBOE launches social media-based strategy benchmark indexes
15th August 2016 - CBOE-SMA Large-Cap Benchmark tracks portfolio of stocks with High Social Market Analytics (SMA) scores. Index uses social media intelligence as investment tool.
- ITG launches Brazil and Mexico Close algorithms
9th August 2016 - New algos seek to capture end-of-session liquidity. DMA for Columbian equities to launch in fall.
- US investor Steve Cohen makes USD 250 million investment in Quantopian
27th July 2016 - Steve Cohen taps Quantopian to manage assets using crowd-sourced investment algorithms.
- Quantopian hires Dragan Skoko as Head of Trading
22nd July 2016 -
- Quantitative Brokers launches new futures execution algo
8th July 2016 - New 'Closer' algorithm to target settlement and cash close benchmark.
- Liquidnet launches Next Gen Algo suite in APAC
20th June 2016 - New Algo Suite aims to help APAC traders improve execution and performance amid increased market volatility.
- Quantitative Brokers: Bolt algorithm outperforms bank algorithms
15th June 2016 - Quantitative Brokers ("QB") has found in a study that its price algorithm Bolt can outperform those by financial institutions.
- Convergex enhances Darkest algorithm
8th June 2016 - Convergex adds greater flexibility to Darkest liquidity-seeking algorithm.
- Jonathan Larkin joins Quantopian as chief investment officer
7th June 2016 - Larkin adds financial expertise as Quantopian prepares to manage external money.
- TradingScreen partners with Quantitative Brokers for best execution algos
7th June 2016 -
- CFTC to hold roundtable on Regulation AT
1st June 2016 - The CFTC is going to hold a roundtable to discuss elements of Regulation AT on 10 June.