Metals Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- LME announces strategic pathway delivery programme
30th October 2017 - Delivery programme for strategic pathway includes product launches, membership enhancements and new trading efficiencies
- Tullett Prebon launches electronic trading system for LME members
25th October 2017 - tpMATCH aims to assist traders with 'broken-dated carries'
- ICE Benchmark Administration to launch LBMA Silver Price on 2 October 2017
22nd September 2017 -
- Key metals futures added to McKay Brothers' QED service
14th September 2017 - McKay Brothers International adds select UK-sourced metals futures at low latencies to Quincy Extreme Data service
- IBA to operate LBMA Silver Price Auction
29th August 2017 - ICE Benchmark Administration to operate LBMA Silver Price Auction from 25 September
- ICE to launch new London Silver Daily Futures contract
31st July 2017 - ICE Futures U.S contract to facilitate central clearing for the LBMA Silver Price Auction
- Seabury Global Markets and Nobel create non-fractional reserve bank
15th May 2017 - Seabury Global Markets and Noble Bank International enter strategic partnership.
- Interxion London to host LMEselect Platform
3rd May 2017 - The London Metal Exchange selects Interxion London for its trading platform.
- LME launches discussion paper on market structure
25th April 2017 - The London Metal Exchange and LME Clear to publish a discussion paper on the LME's market structure, feedback is invited from market participants.
- Seabury Global Markets and BYFX launch Spotex suite of electronic FX products
23rd February 2017 - Collaboration to extend the companies' product innovation in the Asian marketplace
- LME and LME Clear announce 2017 fee schedules
16th December 2016 - Trading and clearing fees unchanged, retaining fee reductions for short-dated carries and position transfer caps. LME Clear warrants as collateral and compression service fees reduced. LME base metals usage licence fee waived for physical market participants.
- LMEshield to launch in China
31st October 2016 - The London Metal Exchange and Henry Bath announce pilot programme for the launch of the LMEshield commodities safeguarding system in the People's Republic of China.
- Morgan Stanley joins the LBMA Silver Price
21st October 2016 - CME Group and Thomson Reuters name Morgan Stanley as new LBMA Silver Price participant
- LME to cap maximum rates on warehouses
28th September 2016 - London Metal Exchange to implement charge-capping as final part of warehouse reforms package.
- LME to strengthen metals trading
8th August 2016 - London Metal Exchange introduces package of measures to strengthen metals trading.
- LME consults on caps for warehouse charges
14th July 2016 - Exchange proposes to publish a simple, transparent set of caps on maximum rates charged by LME-registered warehouses.
- TradAir to supply eFX platform to UOB Bullion and Futures
30th June 2016 - TradAir secures contract to supply eFX platform to Singapore-based brokerage, UOB Bullion and Futures (UOBBF).
- Seabury Global Markets makes investment in Spotex
28th April 2016 - Companies enter multi-year relationship to leverage Seabury's resources to expand distribution of Spotex products and services.
- LME launches LMEshield
28th April 2016 - First warehouse receipt issued by Henry Bath & Son on behalf of BNP Paribas Arbitrage.
- CME Group & Thomson Reuters enhance LBMA Silver Price Benchmark
23rd March 2016 - New measures to introducing a blind auction, share the imbalance in the auction, increasethe predefined threshold.
- LMEshield repository to support China Belt and Road initiative
22nd March 2016 - The London Metal Exchange announces agreement with Henry Bath & Son, CMST Development Co, and Mercuria Energy Trading to list warehouses for new LMEshield repository in regions along China's 'The Belt and Road' routes.
- DGCX boosts connectivity with Stellar Trading Systems
9th March 2016 - Stellar Trading Systems becomes approved Independent Software Vendor on the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange.
- LME Clear launches two new services
30th November 2015 - LME Clear announces trade compression and collateralised warrants services.
- Commodities: from pit to screen
30th September 2015 - Commodities trading is undergoing radical change, driven in part by increasingly electronic markets and regulation. Peter Barker reports on how markets and traders are evolving.
- LME announces market making programmes
21st August 2015 - London Metal Exchange announces plans to introduce first market making programmes in its 138 year history.
- IBA launches LBMA Gold Price
23rd March 2015 - ICE Benchmark Administration launches LBMA Gold Price; Transitions gold price to transparent, electronic auction process.
- IBA & LBMA announce March launch of LBMA Gold Price
2nd February 2015 - ICE Benchmark Administration to administer the London Bullion Market Association Gold Price from March 2015; LBMA Gold Price to replace the London Gold Fix.
- LME appoints Chief Technology Officer
19th January 2015 - London Metal Exchange names John Lee as chief technology officer.
- Parabellum chooses Flextrade for white label Fx and liquidity aggregation
24th November 2014 - Parabellum Markets deploys MaxxTrader, a turnkey ASP front-end, for trading spot currencies, forwards, NDFs, swaps & precious metals.
- Autilla goes live with marketplace for precious metals trading
15th July 2014 - Cinnober's TESS Connect & Go solution enables short time to market.