News Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Credit Suisse RavenPack Artificial Intelligence Sentiment (AIS) Index launches
27th October 2017 - Credit Suisse collaborates with RavenPack to create quantitative investment strategies from news analyses leveraging RavenPack's artificial intelligence algorithms
- Thomson Reuters and Symphony announce strategic partnership
13th June 2017 - Integration between Thomson Reuters Eikon and Symphony Workflow Platform to power information-rich collaboration across financial markets.
- eVestment announces iPhone app
4th April 2017 - eVestment iPhone App makes data, insights available anywhere, anytime.
- Wall Street Horizon-powered Markit Hub Horizon goes live
1st March 2017 - IHS Markit's new Hub Horizon corporate event data service, which is powered by Wall Street Horizon's event data, has officially launched.
- Dow Jones multicast news product available via Equinix NY
21st February 2017 - Dow Jones launches multicast news feed via Equinix New York data center.
- Thomson Reuters Eikon provides European elections news and analysis
21st February 2017 - Decision Europe app helps investors to navigate economic and political uncertainties.
- Thomson Reuters to offer live U.S. election day news and commentary
7th November 2016 - Global Markets Forum, available to Eikon messenger users, will provide ongoing news and commentary from senior Reuters editors and reporters.
- Smart Communications and IHS Markit launch ISDA 2016 Credit Support Annex for Variation Margin
27th October 2016 - New functionality supports regulatory margin requirements for non-cleared derivatives.
- IG Group to acquire DailyFX
3rd October 2016 - IG Group to buy DailyFX from FXCM for USD 40 million.
- Almax Analytics debuts artificial intelligence engine
22nd September 2016 - Big Data gets organized with a real-time news analytics system for capital markets.
- Almax Analytics closes seed round
25th April 2016 - Artificial Intelligence for News Insights in Capital Markets receives support and financing from veteran fintech players.
- Thomson Reuters enhances content and workflow for analysts and portfolio managers in Eikon
11th March 2016 - New enhancements offer analytical tools and workflow capabilities across all segments of the buy-side on an open, customizable platform.
- Sentimental smarts
29th September 2015 - The era of unstructured information flow has made quant shops keenly interested in news sentiment analysis. Automated Trader finds out what the latest developments are and what's getting practitioners excited about the future.
- FXStreet launches currencies signal-based news feed
28th September 2015 - Algo Rythms from FXStreet and Qubitia Solutions produces Forex signals based on 100 scenarios for 30+ currencies.
- Sentimental quant
28th September 2015 - Sentiment Alpha is an investment management firm that generates quantitative trading strategies from sentiment analysis techniques combined with large-scale media data - including sources such as Twitter, blogs, news and broadcast. CEO Jae Hong Kil tells Automated Trader about the firm's foundations and his hopes for the future.
- SEC charges 32 in scheme to trade on hacked news releases
12th August 2015 - The Securities and Exchange Commission announces fraud charges against 32 defendants for taking part in a scheme to profit from stolen nonpublic information about corporate earnings announcements.
- Thomson Reuters adds FX trading capability to Eikon
3rd August 2015 - Thomson Reuters integrates FXall QuickTrade into Eikon to provide direct access to FXall liquidity and straight-through processing capabilities.
- Acuity appoints VP Sales, opens City of London office
30th July 2015 - Acuity Trading hires Brad Alexander as vice president of Sales, takes up residence in the City of London.
- Thomson Reuters to launch market data services in CME's Aurora data centre
4th June 2015 - Elektron Managed Service provides access to low-latency machine readable news and real-time market data in Aurora, Illinois.
- RavenPack partners with FactSet to distribute equity sentiment indicators
24th March 2015 - Partnership will enable FactSet clients to incorporate RavenPack sentiment indicators into investment and trading strategies.
- Acuity Trading secures private equity funding
5th March 2015 - Acuity Trading raises SEIS financing to fuel growth and development of its sentiment-based products.
- RavenPack white paper: Trading bond futures and FX with news data
21st January 2015 - Over the past few years, strategies which use news analytics have become more popular. Whilst the focus has been on equities, there is also significant news flow when it comes to macro assets.
- RavenPack: Enhancing Equity Trading Models with Corporate & Macro Sentiment Abnormality
28th October 2014 - Ravenpack presents latest research on how to improve the performance of common trading strategies using RavenPack News Analytics (RPNA).
- Traders navigate conflicting market signals
13th October 2014 - Trading Show New York examined how a challenging and opportunistic market is evolving.
- A.G. Schneiderman applauds deal between University of Michigan and Bloomberg ending early release of market-moving to high-frequency traders
8th October 2014 - Agreement to help curb unfair practices by high-frequency traders, part of Attorney General's effort to combat 'Insider Trading 2.0'
- S&P Capital IQ & Kuberre Systems launch event driven alert tool
6th October 2014 - Event Fusion tool for traders, market makers and portfolio managers offers real-time alerts for news and information affecting investment holdings.
- Fidessa expands UK service with Alliance News
3rd September 2014 - Fidessa adds journalistic news service Alliance News to UK broker offering.
- Interactive Data announces eSignal 12.0
10th July 2014 - Interactive Data's eSignal 12.0 includes options analytics, new market scanning tools, social media and streaming financial news apps.
- Dow Jones Calendar Live implemented by CQG
17th June 2014 - Dow Jones Calendar now available in CQG Integrated Client platform.
- MetaQuotes adds MNI FX Bullet Points to platforms
16th December 2013 - MNI FX Bullet Points news and analytics now available on MetaQuotes' MetaTrader 4 and Metatrader 5