Government Bonds Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Euroclear launches Euroclear Information Solutions
16th October 2017 - New business line designed to leverage Euroclear's data warehouse
- Peru opens to international investors through Euroclear
26th July 2017 - Peruvian capital market to access Euroclearability with issuance of US$3 billion bond.
- Bloomberg Trading System for Romanian Government Bonds officially launched
23rd May 2017 - E-Bond system has become the official platform for monitoring the market-making performance of primary dealers.
- DoJ subpoenaes banks over manipulation of 'when-issued' Treasuries
3rd May 2017 - The US Department of Justice has reportedly subpoenaed four banks - UBS, BNP Paribas, RBS and Morgan Stanley - over manipulation of 'when-issued' US Treasuries.
- BrokerTec Europe completes e-MID SIM SpA acquisition
31st March 2017 - Transaction offers BrokerTec Europe a footprint in the Italian debt and money markets.
- Former US Treasury official & Board Chairman of NCUA join OpenDoor team
10th February 2017 - OpenDoor Trading appoints Darcy Bradbury, former Assistant US Treasury Secretary for Financial Markets, to its Board of Directors; and Debbie Matz, former Board Chairman of the National Credit Union Association (NCUA), to its Advisory Board.
- International investors to gain access to Chile through Euroclear
23rd January 2017 - Cooperation between the Chilean local market and Euroclear to facilitate access for international investors to domestic debt .
- Israel issues largest ever Euro bond offering on LSE
18th January 2017 - Israel's €2.25 billion 10 & 20 year government bonds start trading on London Stock Exchange. Investor demand reaches more than €9.5 billion and four times oversubscribed.
- R3 and eight banks trial Intel blockchain tech for bond trading
26th September 2016 - R3, Intel and eight R3 consortium member banks successfully test distributed ledger prototype for bond transactions using Intel Sawtooth Lake technology.
- MarketAxess offers broader execution choices for muni bond market participants
21st September 2016 - MarketAxess expands execution choices for its municipal bond platform to include Muni Offerings.
- Saxo Bank launches digital bond trading solution
12th September 2016 - Combination of technology and access to up to 40 liquidity providers to improve efficiency and reduce costs for clients.
- JPMorgan to use Virtu's technology for government bonds
3rd August 2016 - The two firms are clearly deepening their relationship.
- MTS expands data coverage for European government bond market
26th May 2016 - Enhanced offering includes government bond data from Central European countries and Israel.
- OpenDoor appoints Robert Grillo as president
23rd May 2016 - OpenDoor Trading names former BAML sales head Robert Grillo as president.
- OpenDoor Trading appoints Guy Haselmann as MD
17th May 2016 - Capital markets veteran Guy Haselmann joins OpenDoor Trading as Managing Director.
- Clearstream becomes first ICSD to open link to Georgia
17th December 2015 - New link to Georgia extends Clearstream's coverage to the Caucasus.
- Deutsche Borse: CEINEX signs MoUs with China Banks
30th October 2015 - China Europe International Exchange signs MoUs with China Construction Bank and Bank of China.
- Stavanger adopts Bloomberg Bond Auction System
6th October 2015 - Norway's oil capital Stavanger becomes first municipality to adopt Bloomberg Bond Auction System.
- ICMA - Growth stalled in European repo market
29th September 2015 - Growth in the European repo market is stalled according to ICMA 29th semi-annual survey.
- Russian broker BCS granted access to Euroclear
21st September 2015 - BCS Financial Group streamlines settlement and custody services with Euroclear relationship.
- Investors need to accept lower returns in new investment era
22nd June 2015 - Investors need to accept the dawning of a new investment era, warns the boss of independent financial advisory organisation deVere Group.
- ICAP e-Commerce launches US Agency Securities matching engine
21st May 2015 - New service powered by premier ICAP US Agency Securities desk.
- European Central Bank QE priced in - BlackRock
5th March 2015 - ECB president Mario Draghi announced that €60 billion per month bond purchase will begin on Monday. BlackRock's deputy CIO, Scott Thiel, shares some views on the market response.
- Japan Securities Summit: Tracing the virtuous circle
16th February 2015 - Financial industry experts examined the results of Japan's economics programme at an event in London organised by the Japan Securities Dealers Association and the International Capital Market Association.
- MF Global parent on hook for $1.2 billion restitution and $100 million fine
25th December 2014 - Federal court in New York orders MF Global Holdings to pay $1.212 billion in restitution for unlawful use of customer funds and imposes a $100 million penalty.
- HFT hits US treasuries liquidity during major news
17th December 2014 - Bank of Canada research finds that high frequency activities have a negative effect on liquidity in US treasuries around economic announcements but improve price efficiency.
- ICMA victory to avoid next Argentina
29th August 2014 - International Capital Market Association revised and updated collective action clauses and a new standard pari passu clause to facilitate sovereign debt restructurings.
- Crédit Agricole CIB joins Tradeweb as US Treasury market maker
5th February 2014 - Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank goes live as a market maker for US Treasuries on Tradeweb.