Clearing Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- LedgerX becomes first federally supervised options venue for bitcoin
25th July 2017 - LedgerX receives CFTC license to trade, clear and settle digital currency contracts.
- DGCX and DCCC receive regulatory recognition from ADGM
24th July 2017 - FSRA Recognition allows ADGM registered entities to access DGCX and DCCC platforms for trading and clearing.
- LCH's CDSClear launches CDX high-yield clearing
18th July 2017 - Clearing of Markit CDX North American High Yield index now available. First European CCP to offer clearing of this index.
- Midclear selects GMEX Group to deliver Derivatives CCP for Lebanon
5th July 2017 - Midclear selects GMEX Group to support Middle East innovation and the Lebanese capital markets reinvigoration.
- Citadel and Morgan Stanley send first trade through DTCC's CCIT Service
30th June 2017 - Institutional cash lender clearinghouse membership enhances tri-party repo market by providing risk reduction and the potential for capital relief.
- CME to launch OTC FX options clearing
28th June 2017 - CME obtains regulatory clearance to launch OTC FX options clearing.
- Clearstream and Euroclear Bank offer improved settlement activity on the Bridge
20th June 2017 - Bridge: enables improved settlement and matching between Clearstream and Euroclear
- Clearstream and Collex simplify buy-side access to tri-party collateral management
19th June 2017 - Clearstream and Collex collaborate to offer simplified buy-side access to tri-party collateral management.
- FIA response to EC proposal on clearing in Europe
14th June 2017 - FIA remains concerned regarding possible forced relocation.
- Euroclear and Quantessence automate asset allocation in the funds industry
14th June 2017 - Euroclear partners with Quantessence to deliver an open architecture platform that manages the running of predefined asset allocation algorithms.
- LCH appoints Michael Davie as Global Head of Rates
12th June 2017 - Michael Davie to lead SwapClear, Listed Rates and LCH SwapAgent business.
- MTS launches Global Collateral Management segment for D2C Repo trading
1st June 2017 - New service streamlines dealer and client trade flows via RFQ trading protocol . LCH signs as first buy-side trading client.
- SIX x-clear enhances risk model accuracy, balances inter-CCP risk exposures
1st June 2017 -
- DTCC: Cloud computing reaching tipping point
15th May 2017 - DTCC to evaluate opportunities to strategically expand the use of the cloud more broadly across its external services and applications.
- DTCC'S Omgeo CTM enables post-trade processing capabilities to private fund managers in China
9th May 2017 - DTCC supports operational impacts of new rules in world's second largest stock market.
- EEX completes acquisition of Nodal Exchange
5th May 2017 - Voltage to the power of 2 divided by resistance
- DTCC appoints Val Wotton as Managing Director, DTCC DERIV/SERV
3rd May 2017 - Wotton to be responsible for product development and strategy.
- DTCC repo clearing services gain regulatory approval
3rd May 2017 - Broader institutional marketplace can access FICC repo clearing, reducing risk and increasing potential for capital relief.
- DTCC names four new members to Board of Directors
24th April 2017 - Michael Herskovitz, Kathleen Lynch, Umesh Subramanian, and Lara J. Warner join DTCC board.
- TriOptima and CME Clearing include first client cleared trades in triReduce Mexican peso compression cycle
19th April 2017 - TriOptima and CME Clearing include first client cleared trades in triReduce Mexican peso compression cycle.
- Daniel Maguire appointed LCH COO
11th April 2017 - Daniel Maguire adds development and execution of integrated global product strategy to rates and FX derivatives role.
- Euroclear & Paxos complete second pilot for bullion blockchain settlement
10th April 2017 - Euroclear Bankchain service processes 100,000 gold settlements
- SIX partners with DTCC to issue LEIs in Switzerland
4th April 2017 - SIX Securities Services partners withThe Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation to offer Legal Entity Identifiers in Switzerland.
- DTCC names Michael McClain General Manager Equity Clearing
3rd April 2017 - DTCC appoints Michael McClain Managing Director and General Manager of Equity Clearing.
- Euronext and ICE sign derivatives clearing agreement
3rd April 2017 - Euronext and ICE Clear Netherlands sign binding Heads of Terms for the provision of derivatives and commodities clearing services
- DTCC's Omgeo ALERT completes enhancements to become industry's SSI Utility, increases SSIs by 15%
29th March 2017 - Introduces Omgeo ALERT Automating SSIs Together (ASSIsT) program. Readies industry for U.S. T+2 go-live in September 2017 and implementation of MiFID II in January 2018.
- LCH offers repo clearing on German debt
29th March 2017 - LCH extends RepoClear service to offer clearing for cash and repo trades on German government securities.
- DTCC plans to expand centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers
28th March 2017 - The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation's (DTCC) Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (FICC) subsidiary plans to expand its range of centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers, beginning in the second quarter of 2017.
- Citi live on CurveGlobal
16th March 2017 - Citi to provide execution and clearing for interest rate derivatives futures via LSEDM and LCH.