Clearing Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- DTCC-Euroclear Global Collateral and Lombard Risk joint venture to improve collateral management operations
18th September 2017 - GlobalCollateral's Margin Transit Utility links with the Lombard Risk COLLINE solution to enable a collateral management process across all asset classes - from trade entry to settlement
- MTS launches direct electronic dealer-to-client trading in Repo Contracts
18th September 2017 - MTS enables the trading of bilateral and centrally cleared Repo contracts between sell-side and buy-side participants for the first time, in collaboration with the launch of LCH's Sponsored Clearing model from RepoClear
- CME Group to exit OTC credit clearing business
15th September 2017 - Company will return $650 million in capital to clearing members. To focus OTC clearing services on IRS, FX
- LCH launches new model for buy-side repo clearing
14th September 2017 - Sponsored Clearing from RepoClear offers buy-side firms direct access to LCH
- Euroclear announces head of Regulatory, Compliance and Public Affairs
14th September 2017 - Euroclear appoints Guillaume Eliet as head of Regulatory, Compliance and Public Affairs
- Eurex Clearing and PGGM work on CCP model for Securities Lending
12th September 2017 - First buy-side client to utilise the Lending CCP's Specific Lender License
- Clearstream and HedgePole partner on new alternative fund data service
11th September 2017 - Clearstream to offer dynamic and static hedge funds data through HedgePole's web-based technology platform HedgeData.
- Citi and Deutsche Bank execute first trades via LCH SwapAgent
7th September 2017 - LCH SwapAgent completes first trades
- FIA: Relocation not necessary for enhanced central counterparty oversight
7th September 2017 - FIA submitts comments to the European Commission (EC) regarding Part 2 of the EMIR Review Proposal
- ForexClear clears 1 trillion USD of notional in one month
5th September 2017 - New monthly record for cleared FX NDFs. increase of 8% from previous monthly record set in March 2017. Monthly cleared record made up of over 130,000 trades
- B3 transfers equities to its multi-asset clearing platform
29th August 2017 - Cinnober's real-time clearing solution now handles post trading process for both the equities and the derivatives markets in Brazil
- ISDA: Brexit - CCP Location and Legal Uncertainty
22nd August 2017 - ISDA urges UK and EU to agree on post-Brexit transitional provisions for contracts under English law to reduce complexity and costs for all market participants
- SWIFT to facilitate instant payments in the U.S.
15th August 2017 - U.S. banks can connect to new TCH real-time payments system via SWIFT gateway
- LCH launches new client account type - CustodialSeg
14th August 2017 - LCH has introduced a new type of client account within its SwapClear service
- Vietnam's first derivatives market and clearing house goes live in partnership with GMEX Group
10th August 2017 - GMEX Group collaborates with Hanoi Stock Exchange and Vietnam Securities Depository for first derivatives market and fully integrated central counterparty clearing house in Vietnam
- Euronext renews clearing agreement with LCH SA, becomes minority shareholder
8th August 2017 - Euronext to swap its current 2.3% stake in LCH Group for an 11.1% stake in LCH SA, a direct investment in the multi-asset Eurozone based CCP
- ICE to launch new London Silver Daily Futures contract
31st July 2017 - ICE Futures U.S contract to facilitate central clearing for the LBMA Silver Price Auction
- LedgerX becomes first federally supervised options venue for bitcoin
25th July 2017 - LedgerX receives CFTC license to trade, clear and settle digital currency contracts.
- DGCX and DCCC receive regulatory recognition from ADGM
24th July 2017 - FSRA Recognition allows ADGM registered entities to access DGCX and DCCC platforms for trading and clearing.
- LCH's CDSClear launches CDX high-yield clearing
18th July 2017 - Clearing of Markit CDX North American High Yield index now available. First European CCP to offer clearing of this index.
- Midclear selects GMEX Group to deliver Derivatives CCP for Lebanon
5th July 2017 - Midclear selects GMEX Group to support Middle East innovation and the Lebanese capital markets reinvigoration.
- Citadel and Morgan Stanley send first trade through DTCC's CCIT Service
30th June 2017 - Institutional cash lender clearinghouse membership enhances tri-party repo market by providing risk reduction and the potential for capital relief.
- CME to launch OTC FX options clearing
28th June 2017 - CME obtains regulatory clearance to launch OTC FX options clearing.
- Clearstream and Euroclear Bank offer improved settlement activity on the Bridge
20th June 2017 - Bridge: enables improved settlement and matching between Clearstream and Euroclear
- Clearstream and Collex simplify buy-side access to tri-party collateral management
19th June 2017 - Clearstream and Collex collaborate to offer simplified buy-side access to tri-party collateral management.
- FIA response to EC proposal on clearing in Europe
14th June 2017 - FIA remains concerned regarding possible forced relocation.
- Euroclear and Quantessence automate asset allocation in the funds industry
14th June 2017 - Euroclear partners with Quantessence to deliver an open architecture platform that manages the running of predefined asset allocation algorithms.
- LCH appoints Michael Davie as Global Head of Rates
12th June 2017 - Michael Davie to lead SwapClear, Listed Rates and LCH SwapAgent business.
- MTS launches Global Collateral Management segment for D2C Repo trading
1st June 2017 - New service streamlines dealer and client trade flows via RFQ trading protocol . LCH signs as first buy-side trading client.