SWIFT Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Banks join SWIFT's blockchain proof of concept trials
25th April 2017 - SWIFT's proof of concept will determine if distributed ledger technology can help banks reconcile their nostro accounts in real time.
- SWIFT updates reference data service
19th April 2017 - SWIFTRef's Bankers World Online query tool undergoes a facelift, adds improved search fields and simplified navigation for access to reference data.
- SWIFT announces new payment controls service
13th April 2017 - SWIFT's new payment message monitoring service to bolster customers' fraud and cyber-crime controls.
- US payment markets support SWIFT gpi cross-border payments tracking
13th March 2017 - The Federal Reserve Banks and The Clearing House develop local market practices to facilitate end-to-end payments tracking for their participants.
- Volante's new version of Designer supports Microservices Architecture
1st March 2017 - Volante Technologies' Designer version 5.2 now also available with the latest SWIFT Standards Release 2017.
- Major global transaction banks now live with SWIFT gpi
16th February 2017 - ABN AMRO, Bank of China, BBVA, Citi, Danske Bank, DBS Bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, ING Bank, Intesa Sanpaolo, Nordea Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and UniCredit now exchanging SWIFT gpi payments across 60 country corridors.
- Five CSDs go live in T2S Wave 4 using SWIFT
9th February 2017 - CSDs in Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, Slovakia and Slovenia successfully migrate to T2S using SWIFT's Value Added Network solution
- Swift announces Innotribe Startup Challenge for Russia & CIS countries
31st January 2017 - Innotribe Startup Challenge travels to Russia search of FinTech startups.
- SWIFT explores blockchain as part of global payments innovation initiative
13th January 2017 - Proof of Concept launched to determine if distributed ledger technology could help banks reconcile their nostro databases in real time.
- SWIFT goes live with new eLearning platform
15th November 2016 - SWIFTSmart provides training programme with digital courses and social learning capabilities.
- SWIFT appoints Marc Hofmann as Chief Information Security Officer
28th October 2016 - Deutsche Bank's Marc Hofmann joins SWIFT as Chief Information Security Officer
- SWIFT - New ways for banks to simplify payment routing data
28th September 2016 - New paper outlines opportunities to rationalise BICs and centralise the internal routing of payments.
- SWIFT expands FX portfolio with new business insights information service
27th September 2016 - HSBC first to adopt the new service, which enables performance measurement over time based upon activity share.
- SWIFT examines application of financial business standards to distributed ledger technology and smart contracts
22nd September 2016 - New paper highlights opportunity for financial industry to coordinate efforts using common messaging and data standards.
- Five additional CSDs go live on T2S with SWIFT
20th September 2016 - Euroclear ESES CSDs, VP SECURITIES and VP LUX complete successful migration to T2S using SWIFT's Value Added Network solution.
- Argentina's CSD, Caja de Valores, joins SWIFT
13th September 2016 - SWIFT provides automation and global access to aid Argentina's market infrastructure growth plans.
- SWIFT launches security tools campaign
18th August 2016 - SWIFT campaign to increase awareness for existing security features in its interface products.
- SWIFT: Variations in US/EU law can mean compliance challenges for multinational banking community
9th August 2016 - New academic research from the SWIFT Institute shows that conflicts between information sharing and data privacy can lead to information breakdowns across jurisdictions.
- ICICI and AXIS banks join SWIFT initiative
25th July 2016 - ICICI and AXIS first Indian banks to join SWIFT's global payments innovation initiative.
- CFTC extends designation of DTCC-SWIFT as LEI provider
19th July 2016 - One-year extension allows more time for Global LEI system transition.
- SWIFT announces new KYC Adverse Media service
29th June 2016 - Partnership with Dow Jones provides KYC Registry users with access to news and regulator content.
- 73 banks join SWIFT global payments initiative
28th June 2016 - More than 70 banks collaborate to improve the cross-border payments experience with improved speed, transparency and end-to-end tracking.
- SmartStream's Corona awarded SWIFT Exceptions and Investigations 2016 label
14th June 2016 -
- LCH signs up to SWIFT's ISO 20022 Harmonisation Charter
7th June 2016 - LCH is first to sign up to SWIFT's ISO 20022 Harmonisation Charter.
- SWIFT launches dedicated customer security programme
1st June 2016 - SWIFT announces five strategic initiatives to address recent customer security breaches.
- SWIFT research on blockchain in securities markets
9th May 2016 - New academic research from the SWIFT Institute reviews the impact and potential for blockchain in securities settlement.
- UK pips Singapore as second largest offshore RMB clearing centre
28th April 2016 - 40% of all payments made between the UK and China/Hong Kong are exchanged in RMB according to SWIFT.
- SWIFT and Accenture outline path to Distributed Ledger Technology adoption
20th April 2016 - New paper analyses the opportunities and challenges of distributed ledger technology in financial services; identifies key factors for success.
- SWIFT gets SWIFTSmart with new eLearning platform
20th April 2016 - New SWIFT platform provides remote training with digital courses and social learning capabilities to help users understand and use SWIFT more effectively.
- Finalists named for 2016 SWIFT Institute Challenge
6th April 2016 - Seven UK-based university student teams have been selected to compete for a 15k GBP prize at SWIFT's Business Forum London event.